Guided Free Walking Tours
Book free guided walking tours in Lecce.
Guided Sightseeing Tours
Book guided sightseeing tours and activities in Lecce.
Explore Lecce in Italy with this free self-guided walking tour. The map shows the route of the tour. Below is a list of attractions, including their details.Activities in LecceIndividual Sights in Lecce
Sight 1: Teatro Politeama Greco
Sight 2: Colonna di Sant'Oronzo
The column of Sant'oronzo, about 29 meters high, is located in Piazza Sant'Oronzo in Lecce. On the top it hosts the statue of the patronage performed in Venice in 1739.
Sight 3: SedileBook Ticket*
The Palazzo del SEGGIO, best known as "The seat", is a building in the historic center of Lecce, located in Piazza Sant'Oronzo. Dates back to the end of the 16th century.
Sight 4: Chiesetta di San Marco
The church of San Marco, located next to the seat, in the center of Lecce, dates back to the 16th century.
Sight 5: Anfiteatro Romano di Lecce
The Roman amphitheater of Lecce is a monument from the Roman era located in Piazza Sant'Oronzo. It dates back to the Augustan age.
Sight 6: Chiesa di Sant'Irene dei Teatini
The church of Sant'Irene dei Teatini is a place of Catholic worship in the historical center of Lecce. It is entitled to St. Irene of Lecce, protector of the city until 1656, when Pope Alexander VII proclaimed the Lecce patronage of a holy bishop: Sant'Oronzo.
Sight 7: Chiesa del Gesù
The Church of the Jesus or the Madonna del Buon Council is a church in the historic center of Lecce. For centuries he was home to the Society of Jesus.
Sight 8: Jewish MuseumBook Ticket*
In Italy there is a network of Jewish museums, often hosted in the premises of ancient synagogues, to testify the presence of Jewish communities in terms of local history. Since 2011 the National Museum of Italian Judaism and the Shoah (Meis) in the EX-CARCERE of Ferrara, in via Piangipane, has existed, which documents the millennial presence of the Jews in Italy and the tragic events of the Shoah.
Sight 9: Basilica di Santa Croce
Basilica di Santa Croce is a Baroque style church that was completed in 1695 in Lecce, Apulia, Italy.
Sight 10: Chiesa di San Nicola dei Greci
The church of San Nicola dei Greci, erected at the behest of Federico II of Swabia in 1232, is a church of Altamura and is located on the main street of the historic center, Corso Federico II of Swabia, a few steps from the Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta.
Sight 11: Chiesa di San Giovanni Evangelista
The church of San Giovanni Evangelista is a church in Lecce located in the historic center of the city, in Corte Accardo.
Sight 12: Chiesa delle Alcantarine
The church of Santa Maria della Provvidenza, better known as delle Alcantarine by the nuns who occupied the adjacent monastery now demolished, is a church in the ancient village of Lecce. It was built in the early eighteenth century by the architect Giuseppe Cino. Later, in 1724, at the behest of the client Giuseppe Angrisani, Baron of Torchiarolo, the project was modified and followed by the architect Mauro Manieri.
Sight 13: Porta NapoliBook Ticket*
Porta Napoli is a triumphal arch city gate in Lecce, marking the entrance to the historic center of the city along with the other two existing gates Porta San Biagio and Porta Rudiae. It is located near Piazzetta Arco di Trionfo.
Sight 14: Museo Storico-Archeologico dell'Università del Salento
The University of Salento is a university located in Lecce, Italy. It was founded in 1955 by Giuseppe Codacci Pisanelli.
Sight 15: Chiesa dei Santi Niccolò e Cataldo
The church of Saints Niccolò and Cataldo is a medieval church of Lecce. Together with the Optiguous Monastery it was founded in 1180 by the Count of Stirpe Normanna Tancredi d'Altavilla, who became king of Sicily. The construction of the Temple represents a real 'model' that innovated and at the same time then directed the architectural and stylical dictates for the creation of the so -called 'new Romanesque hydrutin school' hugging the now stale architecture of the first Romanesque of Terra d'Otranto, where The Latin-Bizino-Epirota component merged with the style of the Alps. Starting from Tancredi, stylistic models that survived for about two centuries until the construction of the church of Santa Caterina in Galatina, of the mid -fourteenth century; Arriving to dictate the architectural lines for the realization of the Cathedral of Matera. The Count donated the complex to the Benedictine monks, which followed in 1494, at the behest of Alfonso II of Naples, the Olivetan Fathers who remained until 1807. In 1807 Napoleon established high schools and the complex became high school. In 1870 the complex became the seat of the kindergarten and starting from the 80s, it is home to the faculty of cultural heritage.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.
GPX-Download For navigation apps and GPS devices you can download the tour as a GPX file.