Book tickets, guided tours and activities in Kaohsiung.
Guided Free Walking Tours
Book free guided walking tours in Kaohsiung.
Explore interesting sights in Kaohsiung, Taiwan. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 29 sights are available in Kaohsiung, Taiwan.Sightseeing Tours in Kaohsiung
1. Dragon and Tiger PagodasBook Ticket*
The Dragon and Tiger Pagodas is a temple located at Lotus Lake in Zuoying District, Kaohsiung, Taiwan. The temple was built in 1976. One of the towers is the Tiger Tower, the other one being the Dragon tower.
2. Cihou Fort
Qihou Fortress is a fort site located on Qi Hou Mountain in Qijin District, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan, which was announced as a second-class monument by the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of China in the 74th year of the Republic of China (1985), and later upgraded to a national monument in the announcement of the Ministry of Culture in the 108th year of the Republic of China (2019).
Qishan Tianhou Temple, is a temple located in Qishan District, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan, the main worship of the sea god Mazu, is the religious center of the Qishan area, for the pattern of two halls and two boxes, announced on May 31, 2000 as a county historic site in Kaohsiung County, in 2010 after the restructuring of Wudu, it was changed to a municipality designated historic site. Before the emergence of the Tianhou Temple, the public temple of Sweet Potato Mussel Village was Fude Temple, and after the construction of Tianhou Temple, it replaced Fude Temple as the religious center of Sweet Potato Mussel Street, and for this reason, the "Monument to the Constitution Strictly Forbidden Arhat's Feet" originally erected in the Fude Temple was re-engraved and erected in the Tianhou Temple. The temple in front of the temple was once the site of the Luohan Gate Inspection Office, and it was a market during the Japanese Occupation, when a public market was set up on present-day Ping Wo Street to disperse the crowds, and after World War II, there was a "new market", which has now been demolished.
Suiyang Feifeng Palace, formerly known as Feifeng Palace, is located in Fengshan District, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan, and is a temple dedicated to King Baoyi Zun (Zhangfu Zun Wang, Zun Wang), accompanying Lifu Chitose, Shen Guo Lady, Zhusheng Niangniang, Fu Zhengshen and other gods. The temple was originally located in Hongmaogang in Xiaogang District, but was moved to its current site in 2007 due to the relocation of the settlement, and a ceremony was held on December 15 and 16, 2012. The temple is also known as "Yangzai Temple" because it was originally surnamed Yangzai Settlement, and it is also known as "Yuanzai Head Temple". After the village was moved, the official name of the temple was set as "Suiyang Feifeng Palace", emphasizing that the main deity of the temple was Zhang Xun, who had died in Suiyang during the Anshi Rebellion.
Cao Gong Temple is a temple located in Fengshan District, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan. It is dedicated to Cao Jin, magistrate of Fengshan County of the Qing Dynasty who contributed to local people's livelihood. It is currently under the jurisdiction of the Water Conservancy Association. The temple was originally called cao Gong Temple before November 1,1992, and was said to have been upgraded and renamed due to the order of the Jade Emperor god. In the Qing Dynasty, the temple was built in Fengyi Academy, and the ancestral temple was rebuilt at the present site. In front of the temple, there are the Cao Gong Memorial pavilion and a forest of steles with seven ancient steles.
6. Old Gate of Fengshang County
The North Gate of the Old City of Fengshan County, commonly known as Gongchen Gate, is a city gate located at the intersection of Shengli Road, Yimin Lane and Pizaitou Street, Zuoying District, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan, which used to be the main artery from the old city of Fengshan County to the capital city of Taiwan (now Tainan City), the building has been listed as a national monument of the Republic of China because of witnessing the development history of Kaohsiung City, preserving historical buildings such as Gongchenjing and Zhenfushe and the reliefs of the door gods on the city gate, with artistic and historical and cultural value.
Dagangshan Lianfeng Temple, commonly known as Lotus Cave, is a traditional Buddhist temple located on the mountainside of Dagangshan in Alan District, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan, mainly dedicated to Shakyamuni Buddha. In the 42nd year of the Meiji era (1909), the monk Kaiji of Chaofeng Temple, together with his mother Kaisan and Shoni Yonggui and his sister, built a Maopeng retreat. Because the foundation of the temple is located on the "Lotus Cave" in the Gangshan Mountain Range, living between the peaks of the Gangshan Mountains, the name of the cave is named "Lianfeng Temple" by combining the character "lotus" and the character "peak".
Fengyi Old City God Temple, referred to as Old City God Temple, commonly known as Zuoying City God Temple, the temple site is located near the famous Lotus Pond Lake in the Zuoying area of Kaohsiung, the main worship of Fengshan County City God Feng Xian Youbo, every year on the 12th day of the fifth month of the lunar calendar, the Christmas Day of the main god City God. Every four ~ six years, the Xinglong Inner and Outer Interior Patrol Ceremony is held, which is one of the major events of Zuoying's local beliefs, and on September 10, 2018, it was registered in Kaohsiung City Ding's folk custom 'Fengyi Old City God Tour'.
Kaohsiung Qishan Confucius Temple is located in Gushan Park (formerly called Zhongshan Park), Qishan District, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan, which covers an area of about 4.1 hectares. It is the largest Confucius Temple in Taiwan and all Southeast Asia. Qishan the Confucius Temple was the only Confucius temple in Kaohsiung County before the merger in 2010. After the merger, the Confucius Temple in Zuoying District of Kaohsiung City formed a phenomenon of twin power. Therefore, the annual Confucius worship ceremony has been held by two temples in turn.
The South Gate of the Old City of Fengshan County, commonly known as Qiwen Gate, is a city gate located at the intersection of Zuoying Road, Zhonghua 1st Road and Gushan 1st Road, Zuoying District, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan, which used to be the main gate of the old city of Fengshan County, and the main road to Dagou (now Kaohsiung City), the building has been listed as a national monument of the Republic of China because it witnesses the development history of Kaohsiung City, has artistic and historical and cultural value.
The East Gate of the Old City of Fengshan County, commonly known as Fengyi Gate, is a city gate located at the intersection of Chengfeng Road, Zuoying District, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan, which was once the main artery from the Old Town of Fengshan County to Pitou Street (now Fengshan District), the building has been listed as a national monument of the Republic of China because it has witnessed the development history of Kaohsiung City and preserved the remains of the city wall.
12. National Kaohsiung Center for the Arts (Weiwuying)
National Kaohsiung Center for the Arts, also known as Weiwuying,, is located in Fengshan District, Kaohsiung, Taiwan and has been acknowledged as the largest performance arts center under one roof in the world while owning the largest pipe organ in Asia. The site was originally a military compound and was reconstructed as an arts centre. With its 14,000 square meter complex, the arts centre contains four indoor performance halls and an amphitheater for outdoor performances.
Zuoying Navy Zhongshan Hall and Zuoying Navy Zhongzhengtang are both cinemas operated by the Taiwan Navy in Zuoying District, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan. Zhongshan Hall is located on Shixin Road and closed on December 31, 2009; Zhongzhengtang is located on Jieshou Road and closed on June 26, 2012. On December 11, 2013, Zuoying Navy Zhongshan Hall was registered as a historical building in Kaohsiung City by the Cultural Bureau of Kaohsiung City Government.
Red hair port Tianlong Palace is located in the front town of Kaohsiung city, Taiwan, is the temple of he House. The temple was originally located in the Kaohsiung City Xiaogang District Hongmao port of the surname Wu Zai settlement, so there is a "surname Wu Zai Temple" nickname. The temple is the latest to build the temple, and due to the small number of Wu surnames in the five surnames, the temple is smaller compared with other jiaotou temples.
Gushan Pavilion, also known as Lingya Liao Gushan Pavilion, is located in Lingya District, a sub-district of Lingya District, near Lingya Market. The most important cultural relic in the temple is the "Great Virtue Towering Heaven" plaque hanging in the 33rd year of Qianlong (1768) directly above the main hall, which can witness the long history and is one of the ancient temples listed by the National Baosheng Great Temple Association.
Longhu-an, located south of Chaofeng Temple in Dagangshan, Alan District, Kaohsiung City, was built in 1908 (Meiji 41) by the abbot of Chaofeng Temple, Yongdingshi and his congregation. In 1910 (Meiji 43), a meeting was held and Master Reinaga was appointed as a teacher, and a separate nunnery was established, named Ryūho-an after Lake Ryūyinbi. It is the first jungle in the history of Buddhism in Taiwan that is dedicated to women.
17. Yuan Heng Temple
Yuanheng Temple, formerly known as Yuanxing Temple, also known as Yuanheng Temple, formerly known as Yanzai, Gushan Rock, Drum Rock, is an ancient Buddhist temple located in Gushan District, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan, belongs to the Linji Buddhism, founded in the Qing Dynasty Qianlong eighth years (1743), located in the foothills of Shoushan, sitting in the west, can have a bird's eye view of Kaohsiung city.
Qishan Sugar Factory, formerly known as Qiwei Sugar Factory, is now named on July 1,1962, formerly known as Gaosha Sugar Institute, was built in 1909, merged with brine port sugar in 1910, and then transferred to Taiwan sugar in 1927. It was taken over by the Taiwan Sugar Company after World War II, squeezing 1,500 metric tons of sugarcane per day. It is located at No.33, Qishan District, Kaohsiung City.
19. San Feng Tang
Kaohsiung Sanfeng Palace, located in the temple of Kaohsiung Sancuo, Taiwan, was first built in the twenty-seventh year of the Ming Dynasty (1673), formerly known as the "Three Phoenix Pavilion", the main deity is Marshal Zhongtan (Li Nezha), is a famous Taoist holy place in southern Taiwan, and one of the most representative temples in Kaohsiung City.
20. Spring and Autumn Pavilions
The Spring and Autumn Pavilions are a Taoist temple complex located on Lotus Lake in Zuoying District, Kaohsiung, Taiwan. Like the Dragon and Tiger Pagodas, the temple is special and unique. It was built in 1953 by Chi Ming palace, were two Chinese palace-style pavilions. The complex can be seen from the top of the Dragon and Tiger Pagodas.
21. Kaohsiung Cultural Center
The Kaohsiung Cultural Center is a cultural center located in Lingya District of Kaohsiung, Taiwan. It was founded by the city government in 1981. The main building of the center is a complex of two concert halls, many galleries, and a library. The office of Kaohsiung Bureau of Cultural Affairs is also located in Kaohsiung Cultural Center.
Located in the Middle East in Xinxing District, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan, Xiaoyaoen used to be a tropical farm, winter shelter and vacation villa of Mitsurui Otani, the 22nd generation of the Honganji sect of the Pure Land Shinshu sect of Japanese Buddhism, and was announced as a historical building on January 26, 2010.
23. Qishan Wude Hall
The Cishan Wude Hall is a former martial arts training center in Qishan District, Kaohsiung, Taiwan. It was built in 1934 after being proposed by the Japanese "in the spirit of Bushido". The hall was constructed in a traditional Japanese-style temple with strong Tang Dynasty-style temples style.
24. Urban Spotlight
The Urban Spotlight Arcade is located at Central Park, Cianjin District, Kaohsiung, Taiwan. It spans from the roundabout of Wu-Fu 3rd Road and Chung-Hua Road to the intersection of Wu-Fu 3rd Road and Chung-Shan road. It is famous for its light decoration in the evening.
The Xingan Palace is located in the inner district of Kaohsiung city, Taiwan, the main worship of the Virgin in heaven, in addition to the "Mother of duck" Zhu igui. In front of the temple, there is a "Zhu Yigui Cultural Park" and a statue of Zhu Yigui.
Qianjin Wanxing Palace, commonly known as Qianjin Zushi Temple and Qianjin Temple, is a Qingshui Zushi Temple located in Qianjin District, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan. It is located at No. 325, Chenggong 1st Road, Qianjin District, Kaohsiung City.
27. Kaohsiung City Shou Shan Zoo
The Shoushan Zoo is a zoo in Gushan District, Kaohsiung, Taiwan. It is located on the northern border of Shoushan Park and houses animals from Asia, Africa, Americas and Australia, such as lions, tigers, elephants, black bears and kangaroos.
Yuemei Chi Tzu Chi Palace, located in Hukou District, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan, is a folk belief temple in Taiwan, the main worship of southern Fujian doctor god Baosheng Emperor (Avenue Lord). Five jiao festivals are built every twelve years.
Dagangshan Chaofeng Temple, located in Alan District, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan, is a famous Buddhist temple, dedicated to Guanyin Bodhisattva, and also enshrined the Three Western Saints, Dharma Ancestor and Jizo Bodhisattva.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.