Here you can book tickets, guided tours and other activities in Bratislava:Tickets and guided tours on Viator*
Guided Free Walking Tours
Here you can book guided Free Walking Tours in Bratislava:Guided Free Walking Tours on GuruWalk*
Here you can find interesting sights in Bratislava, Slovakia. Click on a marker on the map to view details about the sight. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 34 sights are available in Bratislava, Slovakia.List of cities in Slovakia Sightseeing Tours in Bratislava
1. Slovak National TheatreBook Free Tour*
The Slovak National Theater is the oldest professional theatre in Slovakia, consisting of three ensembles: opera, ballet, and drama. Its history begins shortly after the establishment of the first Czechoslovak Republic in 1918. It is located in the capital, Bratislava. The theatre is currently based in two separate buildings: the historic Neo-Renaissance building at Gorkého 2 and the new SND building in the Old Town, opened on 14 April 2007, at Pribinova 17. Performances take place on most days of the year. The Slovak National Theatre has represented Slovak culture on its numerous tours abroad.
2. Chatam Sofer Memorial
Chatam Sofer Memorial, formerly the Old Jewish Cemetery is the burial place and memorial of Moses Sofer, a prominent orthodox rabbi from the 19th century, built on the site of a 17th-century Jewish cemetery in Bratislava, Slovakia. The historical cemetery was mostly destroyed with the construction of the road tunnel under Bratislava Castle in 1943 but negotiations with the clero-fascist Slovak leader Jozef Tiso allowed an important fraction of the cemetery containing the graves of the rabbis to be preserved encased in concrete. Later, when the tunnel was converted for public transport trams a tram stop was constructed above the site. In 2002 a modern memorial was erected above the site and it was partially opened to the public.
3. Múzeum hodín
The House of the Good Shepherd is a narrow, Rococo-style building in Bratislava, Slovakia, located in the Old Town below Bratislava Castle. It was built in 1760–1765 by notable Bratislava master-mason Matej (Matthäus) Hollrigl. The townhouse was constructed for a local merchant and the lower part of the building was used for commercial purposes, the upper part for living. It is one of the few buildings in the area below Bratislava Castle to retain their original state, mostly due to the demolition of much of the Jewish quarter in the 20th century.
4. Sad Janka Kráľa
Janko Kráľ Park (Slovak: Sad Janka Kráľa, literally Janko Kráľ Orchard/Garden; formerly called (German: Städtischer Aupark, and in Hungarian Városi díszliget is a park in Bratislava's Petržalka borough. It is located in the northern part of Petržalka, bordered by the Danube in the north, the Old Bridge access road in the east, a main road in the south and the Nový Most access road in the west. The park is one of the oldest municipal parks in Europe. The statue of Janko Kráľ is situated in the park.
5. Church of St. Elisabeth
The Church of St. Elizabeth, commonly known as Blue Church, is a Hungarian-Secessionist Catholic church located in the eastern part of the Old Town in Bratislava, present day Slovakia. It is consecrated to Elisabeth of Hungary, daughter of Andrew II, who grew up in the Pressburg Castle (Pozsonyi vár). It is referred to as "The Little Blue Church" because of the colour of its façade, mosaics, majolicas and blue-glazed roof. It was initially part of the neighboring gymnázium and served as the school chapel.
6. Milan Rastislav Štefánik
Milan Rastislav Štefánik was a Slovak politician, diplomat, aviator and astronomer. During World War I, he served at the same time as a general in the French Army and as Minister of War for Czechoslovakia. As one of the leading members of the Czechoslovak National Council, he contributed decisively to the cause of Czechoslovak sovereignty, since the status of Czech- and Slovak-populated territories was one of those in question until shortly before the disintegration of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, in 1918.
7. Kostol Zvestovania Pána
The Franciscan Church is the oldest existing religious (sacral) building in the Old Town of Bratislava, the capital of Slovakia. The church was consecrated in the year 1297 in the presence of King Andrew III of Hungary. In the past, the church building served for larger gatherings of townspeople or Hungarian nobles. In 1526 Ferdinand I, Holy Roman Emperor was elected here to become the King of Hungary. During coronations, kings used to knight nobles as Knights of the Order of the Golden Spur in this church.
8. Radošinské naivné divadlo
Radošinské Naïve Theatre is a Slovak professional theatre company with a permanent stage in Bratislava. The date of foundation could be set at December 25, 1963, when in the village of Radošina Stanislav Štepka performed his cabaret play Dumb Faces or Zver is written with a capital Z. RND is an original Slovak author's theater, which has enjoyed great popularity among audiences since its inception. His shows are permanently sold out, and all plays achieve above-average replay.
9. Divadlo P. O. Hviezdoslava
The Paul Olsagha Schwarz Bravoslava Theatre (DPOH) is an independent non-profit organization based in Bratislava. Although until March 2007, one of the three headquarters of China Central Theater was the Slovak National Theatre, from 17. From October 2009 to 2022, the art stage of BKIS was known at the time as the Paul Orsagha Schiwozslav (MDPOH) City Theater. After its reorganization, it has operated independently since June 2022 and is under its historical abbreviation.
Slavín is a memorial monument and military cemetery in Bratislava, the capital of Slovakia. It is the burial ground of thousands of Soviet Army soldiers who fell during World War II while taking over the city in April 1945 from the occupying German Wehrmacht units and the remaining Slovak troops who supported the clero-fascist Tiso government. It is situated on a hill amidst a rich villa quarter of the capital and embassy residences close to the centre of Bratislava.
11. Keglevičov palác
Keglevich Palace is a Baroque mansion on Panska Street 27 in Bratislava, Slovakia. It is included among the National Monuments Reservation of the city and is also listed as a Cultural Real-estate Monument. The last reconstruction was in 1998, involving the roof and facade rendering. Following the reconstruction a new street was named Strakova Street. It is between Venturian Street and Hviezdoslavovo námestie (Bratislava).
12. Jesenákov palác
Jesenák's Palace is a three-winged Baroque palace in Bratislava, built for Baron Ján Jesenák on the foundations of an older medieval house. On the corner there is a stone cartouche with the coat of arms of the original owner. The house had supporting pillars facing the square, which were removed at the end of the 19th century. In the pillars they found secondary used Romanesque heads.
13. Kaplnka svätej Kataríny
St. St. Catherine in 1311, located in Bratislava-the downtown area of the Old City, on Mikhail Street. The situation is on the tarmac of other houses. St. St. Catherine is the oldest Gothic chapel in Bratislava. Its construction began in 1311, that is, Columbus's oil tanker Friar Francis. The document was in 1325, when it was St. Andre, a bishop from Stolis Belgrade.
14. Nová scéna
New Scene is a theatre located in Bratislava, the capital of Slovakia. It specializes in mainstream and Musical theatre such as musicals, comedies and fairy tales. The theatre was established in 1945 as part of a program to establish a network of theaters in the post-war years in the Slovak part of Czechoslovakia as the second theatre in the Slovakia.
15. Kostol Navštívenia Panny Márie
The Church of the Visitation of the Virgin Mary, popularly called the Church of the Merciful Brethren, is a Baroque sacral building in Bratislava's Old Town district situated on the Square of the Slovak National Uprising. The church is part of the architectural complex of the hospital and the monastery of the Hospice Order of the Merciful Brethren.
16. Bratislavské kultúrne a informačné stredisko
The Bratislava Cultural and Information Centre (BKIS) is a contributory organization of the Capital City of the Slovak Republic, Bratislava, located on Jewish Street No. 1. It was formed by merging three municipal contributory organizations: the City Cultural Centre, the Bratislava Information Service and the Park of Culture and Recreation.
17. Kačacia fontána
Duck Fountain is a national cultural site located in Shavrakov Square in Bratislava. The fountain, together with its various parts, is included in the central roster of the Memorial Fund. As a national cultural relic, the object has been declared 23. October 1963. According to some sources, this is Bratislava's most popular fountain.
18. Museum of Transport
Bratislava Transport Museum is a transport museum in Bratislava, Slovakia. It is a branch of the Slovak Technical Museum in Košice, is situated on the site of the first steam-railway station in Bratislava on Šancová Street, near the current main railway station in central Bratislava. It opened on June 24, 1999.
19. Dessewffy Palace
Desef Palace or (Elder) Desef Palace is a royal palace and Slovak national cultural relic under No. 101-193/1, 2 People's Square in the Old City of Bratislava. There is an Estehasi Palace in his block. The cruciform palace was built in the second half of the 19th. The non-authentic style of the century.
20. Aspremontov letný palác
Aspremont Summer Palace is a baroque palace in the Old Town of Bratislava, Slovakia. It was built along with the Medical Garden in 1770 for Count Johann Nepomuk Gobert d’Aspremont-Lynden. Nowadays the palace houses the office of the dean of the Faculty of Medicine of Comenius University.
21. Kostol Nanebovzatia Panny Márie
The Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, also called the Church of the Canonists of Notre Dame in Bratislava, is part of the Notre Dame monastery complex and canonical school in Bratislava in the Old Town district, near the historic building of the Slovak National Theatre.
22. Sándor Petőfi
The monument to Sándor Petőfi is a national cultural monument, which is now located in Bratislava's Medical Garden on Špitálská Street. The monument is inscribed in the Central List of the Monuments Fund. The building was declared a national cultural monument on October 23, 1963.
23. Kostol Najsvätejšieho Spasiteľa
The Holy Saviour Church also called the Jesuit Church, is an originally protestant church from the 17th century on the Franciscan Square in the Old Town of Bratislava, Slovakia. Today, the church belongs to the Society of Jesus, known as the Jesuit Order.
24. Grassalkovich Palace
The Grassalkovich Palace is a palace in Bratislava and the residence of the president of Slovakia. It is situated on Hodžovo námestie, near the Summer Archbishop's Palace. The building is a Rococo-late Baroque summer palace with a French garden.
25. Petržalská vodná veža
Petrakar Water Tower is a water tower located on the Obala bank of the Danube River, near an old bridge on the Tilsa coast. She is about twenty meters tall, and together with the house serving her, she is on the campus of the arena theater.
Arena Theatre is one of the oldest theatres in Bratislava. It was established in 1828 on the right bank of Danube. In the beginning it served as an open summer amphitheatre, hence the name Arena. The current building was built in 1898.
27. Oľga Trebitschová
The monument to Olga Trebitschová is a national cultural monument located in Bratislava's Old Town district at 11 Virgin Street in the courtyard of the Georgievits Palace. It was declared a national cultural monument on October 23, 1963.
28. Kostol Nanebovzatia Panny Márie
The Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary or Blumentál Church is an eclectic church in Bratislava's Old Town district on the corner between Florian Square and Blumentálská Street. It was built between 1885 and 1888.
29. Palugyaiho palác
Paluďai Palace is a house and a national cultural monument on the corner of the Main Square and Green Street in the Old Town of Bratislava. In Bratislava there is another palace with the same name Paluďai Palace (Prague).
30. Chrám Povýšenia vznešeného a životodarného Kríža
The Cathedral Church of the Exaltation of the Noble and Life-giving Cross is a Greek Catholic church in Bratislava's Ondrej cemetery from the middle of the 19th century. Ondrej cemetery is located in the Old Town district.
31. Panny Márie Snežnej
The Church of Notre Dame Snow, also known as Calvary Church in 1943, is located in Bratislava City of the Old City, at No.1 Nagalo Street. 10. Since 1990, the Church has been governed by the preacher-Dominican religion.
32. City Gallery of Bratislava
The Bratislava City Gallery is a gallery located in Bratislava, Slovakia, in the Old Town. It is the second largest Slovak gallery of its kind. The gallery is housed at the Mirbach Palace and Pálffy Palace.
33. Kostol svätého Jána z Mathy
The Trinitarian Church or Trinity Church, full name Church of Saint John of Matha and Saint Felix of Valois, is a Baroque-style church in Bratislava's Old Town borough, on the Župné námestie square.
34. Kostol svätého Ladislava
St. Ladislav Church is a classical building in downtown Bratislava. Old town, on Spita Street. He died for Ladislav I, the cucumber king of Arpad. The church is part of the Four Wings Town Hospital.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.