Looking for premium sights?
Here you can book tickets, guided tours and other activities in Kaunas:Tickets and guided tours on Viator*
Want a guided Free Walking Tour?
Here you can book guided Free Walking Tours in Kaunas:Guided Free Walking Tours on Freetour*
Here you can find interesting sights in Kaunas, Lithuania. Click on a marker on the map to view details about the sight. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 43 sights are available in Kaunas, Lithuania.List of cities in Lithuania Sightseeing Tours in Kaunas
1. Kauno tvirtovės VII fortas
The Seventh Fort or VII Fort is a defensive fortification built in Žaliakalnis district of Kaunas, Lithuania, during implementation of the first phase of the construction of the Kaunas Fortress. It is located near the Hospital of Lithuanian University of Health Sciences. This Fort became the last brick fortification of Kaunas Fortress. The Seventh Fort is close to the central defenses and it is located in the rear of Kaunas Fortress. The first owner of fort was the 11th company of Kaunas Fortress Artillery. In 1915, German Army occupied the Fort without resistance. The Seventh Fort is one of the best surviving examples of a two-rampart fort, showing the typical design of a 19th-century Russian brick fort. Many authentic elements survive, such as iron window frames, ammunition warehouse gate fragments. During the Fort's restoration, a number of authentic interior details were found.
2. Kauno kamerinis teatras
Kaunas city Chamber Theatre is a municipal theatre in Kaunas, Lithuania. The theatre was established in 1976 as Kaunas Youth Musical Studio. Its founder and long-standing director was the Lithuanian actor and opera singer Stanislovas Rubinovas. The theatre obtained the status of a professional theatre in 1986 and was called Kaunas Youth Chamber Theatre. Its name was changed to Kaunas Chamber Theatre in 2005. After Stanislovas Rubinovas death, his son, actor and director Aleksandras Rubinovas, was leading the theatre as artistic director from 2014 till 2016. From April 2016 former municipal budget office Kaunas Chamber Theatre was replaced by the public institution Kaunas City Chamber Theatre. The theatre, in addition to his own productions, also started to represent chamber productions of other Lithuanian theatres more intensively.
3. Sugiharos Namai
Chiune Sugihara was a Japanese diplomat who served as vice-consul for the Japanese Empire in Kaunas, Lithuania. During the Second World War, Sugihara helped thousands of Jews flee Europe by issuing transit visas to them so that they could travel through Japanese territory, risking his job and the lives of his family. The fleeing Jews were refugees from German-occupied Western Poland and Soviet-occupied Eastern Poland, as well as residents of Lithuania. In 1985, the State of Israel honored Sugihara as one of the Righteous Among the Nations for his actions. He is the only Japanese national to have been so honored. The year 2020 was "The Year Chiune Sugihara" in Lithuania. It has been estimated as many as 100,000 people alive today are the descendants of the recipients of Sugihara visas.
4. Gričiupio parkas
In a buckwheat ward near Grippy Park in Manchester. After the park's name was obtained from Greaves Creek, it presumed that it started with the name of the same shop. The park includes part of the sewer stream, but the water surface of this valley. One side of him is the student dormitory, and the other side is the KTU church hall. Exclusive lowland waterfront is connected by illuminated concrete stairs and small bridges through buckwheat. This park was designed in 1993. With the continuous expansion of natural population, its area is 2.81 hectares. The identity of the park was approved in this district, 1996. December 3rd. The Chicago City Board of Trustees decided in 1999 to approve the restrictions on Park 1196. February 17th.
5. Kauno Gerojo Ganytojo bažnyčia
A good pastor's parish church in Chicago-the church of Sanvatola Ang. The diocese was founded in 1998. April 28th. Partition of Bishop's Decree No.773 of St. John's Church. The territory of Antano Parish. Initially, the parish used the former site of Sanava Middle School. March 5, 1999. Authors of the Church Project approved by the Archbishop of Kaufman's Church Arts Council-Canzi Architects and Marius Press. Under the project, the church offers 350 seats. This building is modern and in harmony with the architecture of Sanflora Ang. July 3, 1999. Start laying the foundation. August 31st of the same year. The cornerstone of the church is sacred.
6. Aleksoto funikulierius
Aleksotas Funicular is a funicular railway located in Aleksotas elderate of Kaunas, Lithuania. The funicular constructed on the right bank of the Nemunas River was officially opened on 6 December 1935. The track of the Aleksotas funicular remained unchanged. The track has a separation in the centre of the track for carriages to pass. Special automatic brakes were installed in carriages not to let them run down in case of cable damage. The length of funicular is 142 metres (466 ft), gradient - 29.5 degrees. Authentic traction equipment, including the genuine pre-war wagons, wooden seats, and stop platforms of the funicular are still used.
7. Pažaislio vienuolynas
Pažaislis Monastery and the Church of the Visitation form the largest monastery complex in Lithuania, and the most renowned example of Baroque architecture in the country. The church is the most marble-decorated Baroque church of the former Grand Duchy of Lithuania. It is situated in the Petrašiūnai elderate of Kaunas, Lithuania, on a peninsula in the Kaunas Reservoir near the Kaunas Yacht Club. It was declared a cultural monument and a site of Catholic pilgrimage in Lithuania. In 2021, Pažaislis Church and Monastery Complex was awarded as the best European Film location in 2020 during the 2021 Berlin International Film Festival.
8. Taikos kalno ąžuolas
Heping Mountain Oak is a natural heritage protected by the state and a relic of the plateau. This is the largest Oak Lake Park in the area. The Oak Tree's thermal recovery connects with the bicycle path and winds up between the Cowboy Coast and McGheath Abbey on the southern edge. The Peace Mountain Oak, whose name resembles that year's age and shape, was preserved in 2001 when it took a place on the Oak of the Old Nature Monument. Peace Mountain Oak is the oldest and thickest Cowen at present. The Nature Monument in Chicago has been the theme since 2001. October 25th.
9. Kauno pantomimos teatras
Kaunas pantomime theatre is pantomime theatre in Kaunas, Lithuania. Theatre was established in 1968. Founder and leader of Kaunas Pantomime theatre was artistic director Kestutis Adomaitis (1948–1996). Kaunas Municipality becomes the founder of Kaunas Pantomime Theatre in 2003. Kaunas Pantomime theatre is the only Lithuanian professional ensemble theatre with a repertoire of this genre only. The theatre performed in many foreign countries, such as Germany, Russia, Romania, Latvia, Syria, Jordan, China, Moldova, Ukraine, Belarus, Poland, Denmark.
10. Jurgio Mačiūno aikštė
George Magellan Square is a square named after George McGeev, located in the new city, the intersection of Three Cold, and Pasito. The intersection ahead is covered by the square on the square. Building 1, I lived in the same big house as a child. The public introduction of the plaza was made in 2017. However, the unveiling ceremony of the official square on July 20th has not yet been held. It has been argued that this would be a philosophy against the Floux movement, which was embodied and established on the basis of the square.
11. Kauno Šv. Vincento Pauliečio bažnyčia
Kaunas St. Vincentas Paulietis (Petrašiūnai) Church is a Catholic church that stands in Kaunas, in its eastern part, on the right bank of the Nemunas, in petrašiūnai microdistrict. The church is located in the industrial suburbs of Kaunas, it is named after the patron saint of all charitable activities and organizations, originally from the French church of St. John the Baptist. On behalf of Vincent Pauline (1581-1660). Petrašiūnai cemetery is located 1.5 km to the southeast.
12. Kauno Šv. Pranciškaus Ksavero bažnyčia
The Church of St. Francis Xavier is located in the Old Town of Kaunas, Lithuania. The church, dedicated to St. Francis Xavier, was built in the Town Hall Square in the Old Town of Kaunas by Jesuits. The Jesuits opened their first residence in Kaunas in 1642 and established a chapel in the House of Perkūnas in 1643. Later they also founded a first four-form school in the city in 1649. The construction of the church started in 1666, and it was consecrated in 1722.
13. Kauno lėlių teatras
Kaunas State Puppet Theatre is a puppet theatre in Kaunas, Lithuania. The professional theatre was established in 1958. Each theatrical season it offers to the spectators twenty puppet performances, and 4–5 new plays are usually staged. There are two halls for spectators – 226 and 50 seats each in the theatre. Small museum of puppets characters is set at the premises of theatre. The theatre performed plays in festivals of many foreign countries.
14. Perkūno namas
The House of Perkūnas is one of the most original and Gothic secular buildings, located in the Old Town of Kaunas, Lithuania. Originally built by Hanseatic merchants and served as their office from 1440 until 1532, it was sold in the 16th century to the Jesuits who had established a chapel there in 1643. The Jesuits have also completed the Church of St. Francis Xavier at the Town Hall Square in 1722.
15. Šv. Jurgio Kankinio bažnyčia
St. George the Martyr Church, Kaunas is a Roman Catholic church in the Old Town of Kaunas, Lithuania, which stands in front of the Kaunas Castle. It is a prominent example of Gothic architecture in Lithuania. The church was heavily damaged during the Napoleonic Wars and most recently during the occupation of the Baltic states when the church was converted into a medicine warehouse.
16. Tibeto skv.
Tibet Square is a square in Kaunas, in a triangular islet at the intersection of Trakai and Krėva streets, southeast of the intersection of these streets, on the east side of Krėvos st., north of Tranquility Park. Named after the independence-seeking autonomous region of Tibet. Near the square operate institutions of representatives of various nations and religious denominations.
17. Kauno choralinė sinagoga
Kaunas Synagogue is one of two operating choral synagogues in Lithuania. It is located in Centras eldership, Kaunas. The Neo-Baroque synagogue was built in 1872. In 1902, before the Holocaust in Lithuania, it was one of over 25 synagogues and Jewish prayer houses in the city. The radically designed synagogue claims to have one of the most beautiful arks in the entire Jewish world.
18. Kauno Šv. arkangelo Mykolo (Įgulos) bažnyčia
St. Michael the Archangel's Church or the Garrison Church is a Roman Catholic church in the city of Kaunas, Lithuania, closing the perspective of the Laisvės alėja, the main pedestrian street. It was built between 1891 and 1895 when Kaunas was part of the Russian empire, in Neo-Byzantine style largely for the use of the Russian Orthodox garrison of Kaunas Fortress.
19. Kauno Viešpaties Apsireiškimo cerkvė
The Church of the Manifestation of the Lord of the Novorossiysk Dragoon Regiment is an Orthodox church in Kaunas, Žaliakalnis, Radvilėnų pl. 1A, which existed before the Soviet era, on the territory of the former barracks town. Along with the Church of the Crewe, st. Sergijus Radonežietis Church is one of the six former departmental churches of Kaunas Fortress.
20. Kauno Šv. Gertrūdos bažnyčia
Church of St. Gertrude is located in the Old Town of Kaunas and is one of the oldest Brick Gothic churches and buildings of Gothic architecture in Lithuania. Located just off Laisvės alėja, the church is somewhat hidden away and can be accessed from Laisves aleja through a gate at a hotel which is located nearby the Court building on Laisves alėja.
21. I Fortas
I am in the suburb of Caucasus Fortress, a part of the city in Caucasus Fortress, in the western Caucasus. Built in 18888-1889, it was renovated in 1893. In 1908. Cultural values have been registered since 2002, with a unique code in 26350. Then came the academies of 1903-I was near Fort Gono, and there was a well-preserved mansion nearby.
22. Kauno Švč. Sakramento bažnyčia ir Domininkonų vienuolynas
Church of the Blessed Sacrament or Corpus Christi Church is a Roman Catholic church in the Old Town of Kaunas, Lithuania. The church was damaged by the Napoleonic Army in 1812 and together with the Dominican Monastery was closed in 1845 by the order of Russian tsar Nicholas I of Russia, in 1865 it was converted into an Orthodox church.
23. Aleksoto Šv. Kazimiero bažnyčia
St. Alexoth's Church in Alexoth. Casimir Church is a Catholic church in Kaunas, Aleksotas, Antakalnio str. 35, about 0.6 km north of Aleksotas market place. On the main street of the district Weivers, uphill, a link to the sightseeing object to st. St. Casimir's Church. Next to each other stands the old wooden and new brick churches.
24. Aukštosios Panemunės Švč. Mergelės Marijos Vardo bažnyčia
High-order blessings without awns. The name of the Virgin Mary is near the church, standing in Manchester, at Panmen, at the mouth of the seed. To the southwest of the church is a 250-meter Panamen cemetery. The parish is at the top of the church, as well as the saints. The chapel of the Pius Brotherhood.
25. Panemunės Aušros Vartų Švč. Mergelės Marijos, Gailestingumo Motinos, koplyčia
Panemunė Aušra Gates Švč. The chapel of M. Mary, Mother of Mercy, is st. Mary's Chapel of St. Mary. Pius X Fraternity Chapel in Kaunas, Panemunė district, Birutės str. 1, near panemunė trolleybus ring. It does not belong to the High Panemunė Švč. to the parish of the Name of the Virgin Mary.
26. Mažoji Kristaus Prisikėlimo bažnyčia
The Church of the Resurrection of Christ is in Catholic Kaohsiung, in Jiageng, in Gaoke. No.4 is the second parish of Christ Resurrection Parish, which is the center of Christ Resurrection Cathedral. The two holy places stand in the blue sky of the same block, 0.4 kilometers apart from each other.
27. Kauno evangelikų liuteronų bažnyčia
Kaunas Lutheran Holy Trinity Church is a Lutheran church in the Old Town of Kaunas, Lithuania. It is one of the first Lutheran churches in Kaunas, built in 1683. The wooden main altar dates from 1692. The church was closed by the Soviet authorities, nowadays it used by the local university.
28. Kauno evangelikų reformatų bažnyčia
Kaunas Evangelical Reformed Church is located in Kaunas, in the center, at E. Ožeškienės str. 41, its tower is located on the hill of the beginning of Savanorių Avenue. On the steep slope next to the church there is a concrete staircase connecting Savanorių ave. with Ožeškienės st.
29. Lietuvos zoologijos sodas
Lithuanian Zoological Garden previously known as Kaunas' Zoological Garden is the oldest scientific zoo in Lithuania. It is located in an Ąžuolynas oak grove park in the south-western Žaliakalnis elderate of Kaunas. The territory of the zoo is 15.66 hectares.
30. Kauno Švč. Mergelės Marijos Ėmimo į dangų bažnyčia
Church of Vytautas the Great or the Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary is a Roman Catholic church in the Old Town of Kaunas, Lithuania, and is one of the oldest churches in the city and an important example of Gothic architecture in Lithuania.
31. Pajiesio piliakalnis
Napoleon's hill, actually Jiesia (Pajesys) hill fort mound is located in Kaunas, Lithuania, on the left bank of the Nemunas, between the Panemunė and Railway bridges. It is 63.3 meters high. Since the 19th century, it has been named Napoleon's hill.
32. Povilo Stulgos lietuvių tautinės muzikos instrumentų muziejus
The Povilas Stulga Museum of Lithuanian Folk Instruments is located in the Old Town of Kaunas, Lithuania. Its permanent collection contains Lithuanian and international musical instruments, recordings, books, placards, photographs, and letters.
33. VI Fortas
The sixth fort is part of Kaunas Fortress in the eastern part of the city, in Gričiupis, located on the upper terrace of the right slope of the Nemunas right valley. The fort has a pentagonal symmetrical structure, oriented to the northeast.
34. Istorinė prezidentūra
The Historical Presidential Palace is a Neo-baroque building in the Old Town of Kaunas, Lithuania that served as the Presidential Palace during the interwar years. Today, the palace is a branch of the M. K. Čiurlionis National Art Museum.
35. Žiegždrių atodanga
Outcrop inflorescence is the main body of geological natural heritage. Adudanga is Gao En District of Samir City, Dongyong Village, 800 meters southwest, and Gaoling Lake on the left. The Atamans entered the area's Gordon Lake Park.
36. Kauno mečetė
Kaunas Mosque is the only mosque in the city and district of Kaunas, one of only four mosques in Lithuania as well as the only brick mosque in Lithuania and the Baltic countries. It is in Centras eldership, Tatars Street 6 Kaunas.
37. Kauno Apreiškimo Švč. Dievo Motinai soboras
Kaunas Annunciation Švč. For the Mother of God, the sobor is an Orthodox chapel, which stands in Kaunas, in the southern part of the Tranquility Park, next to Kaunas Church of the Resurrection of Christ and Kaunas Bus Station.
38. Kauno muzikinis teatras
The Kaunas State Musical Theatre is a musical theatre in Kaunas, Lithuania. It was established on November 27, 1940, in the former State Theatre hall adjoining the Laisvės Alėja. For some time, it mostly presented operettas.
39. Neries krantinės parkas
Nells Park is Kauna Park in the western suburbs, located in the ward of Wilhelm Bohr Town. The park is located between Peter's City and Wa Bridge, next to the Niles River and Niles Embankment Street, southeast of Union Square.
40. Kauno Pastarųjų dienų šventųjų Jėzaus Kristaus bažnyčia
Kaunas Latter-day Saints' Church of Jesus Christ is a Mormon church of a religious movement based on Christianity, operating in Kaunas, dainava microdistrict, Draugystės ave. 1. A modern meeting house was built here.
41. Tabariškių Kristaus Karaliaus bažnyčia
The Church of Christ is a church of saints standing in the Taliban village, seven or five kilometers west of Alexo. Casimir church. Traditional residential building form. He runs a tobacco garden in a nearby cemetery.
42. Nacionalinis Kauno dramos teatras
The National Kaunas Drama Theatre is the biggest theatre in Kaunas, and one of the oldest functioning theatres in Lithuania. There are six different creative spaces for events in the Kaunas Drama Theatre.
43. Kauno Naujoji apaštalų bažnyčia
The New Apostolic Church is located in the New Apostolic Church in Chicago, located in Sancrorayan, Kerim. Pr. In the 1980s, the Catholic Good Shepherd Church, which crossed the street, began to operate.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.