Here you can book tickets, guided tours and other activities in Spoleto:Tickets and guided tours on GetYourGuide*
Here you can find interesting sights in Spoleto, Italy. Click on a marker on the map to view details about the sight. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 25 sights are available in Spoleto, Italy.List of cities in Italy Sightseeing Tours in Spoleto
1. Palazzo Collicola
The Palazzo Collicola is a museum dedicated to the memory of Giovanni Carandente located inside Palazzo Collicola, an eighteenth-century building that occupies the entire western side of the homonymous square in the historic center of Spoleto. Inaugurated in 2000, it was then rearranged in 2019. Together with the Burri Collection of Città di Castello it is the most important museum of contemporary art in Umbria. Before 2009 it was called Galleria Civica d'Arte Moderna. After Gianluca Marziani (2010-2018), since 2019 the direction has passed into the hands of the critic and art historian Marco Tonelli, who was Carandente's collaborator.
2. Chiesa di San Nicolò
The monumental complex of San Nicolò is located in Spoleto, downstream of the city cathedral, in an area of late-medieval urban expansion. It includes a former church, a former convent, and two cloisters. The church between the fourteenth and eighteenth centuries was considered one of the most important sacred buildings in the city and the adjoining convent was home to an active cultural center. After the restoration of the entire architectural complex, which took place in the 60s of the twentieth century, the building performs functions as a theater, exhibition center and conference center.
3. Anfiteatro Romano
The monumental complex of the Amphitheater is located in a large area north of Spoleto, outside the first city walls, on the left bank of the Tessino stream. It occupies an area of about 17,000 m², a city within the city, which includes the remains of a Roman amphitheater, three large cloisters, gardens, courtyards and two former monasteries with their respective churches: the church of SS. Stephen and Thomas and the church of San Gregorio Minore or de griptis.
4. Madonna della Piaggia
The Church of Santa Maria della Concezione is located in Spoleto, in an area once occupied by the gardens of the Augustinian convent of San Nicolò. Locally it is also known as Santa Maria della piaggia. After the Unification of Italy it was reduced to military use and used as a warehouse by the Umberto I military district and later by the Municipality. Only in 2005 was it returned to worship.
Spoletosphere is a technical structure called "geodetic dome", donated to the city of Spoleto in 1967 by the author/inventor the architect Richard Buckminster Fuller on the occasion of the X Festival of the two worlds. In conjunction, Giovanni Carandente settles a personal exhibition by Fuller entitled: "The facilities of Fuller: 40 years of architectural research, 1927-1967".
6. Gian Carlo Menotti theatre
The Teatro Nuovo Gian Carlo Menotti is an Italian theater located in Spoleto. since 1947 it has been one of the venues of the Teatro Lirico Sperimentale. Inaugurated in 1864 on a project by Ireneo Aleandri, it has undergone successive renovations over the decades and its effective capacity is about 800 seats, which make it the largest Italian theater in Umbria.
Isamu Noguchi was an American artist and landscape architect whose artistic career spanned six decades, from the 1920s onward. Known for his sculpture and public artworks, Noguchi also designed stage sets for various Martha Graham productions, and several mass-produced lamps and furniture pieces, some of which are still manufactured and sold.
8. National archaeological museum
The monumental complex of Sant'Agata is located inside the archaeological area of Spoleto in the area between via di Sant'Agata and via delle Terme; It is composed of the former monastery of Sant'Agata, the former adjacent church and the Roman theater. They are together exhibition places, locations of temporary exhibitions, events and shows.
9. Chiesa dei Santi Giovanni e Paolo
The church of Saints John and Paul is located in the historic center of Spoleto, annexed to Palazzo Travaglini, in the ancient vaita Filittèria, which in late medieval times was the Byzantine quarter of the city. It is a modest Romanesque building that after the consecration, which took place in 1174, carried out parish functions.
10. Ponte Sanguinario
The bloody bridge is a bridge, a historic monument, located in the subsoil in the eastern area of Piazza della Vittoria in Spoleto, a few meters from the San Gregorio Porta and the Basilica of San Gregorio Maggiore. Access is made possible by a short staircase, delimited by an iron balustrade, which breaks under the road surface.
11. Torre dell’Olio
The Oil Tower is an ancient tower of thirteenth-century origin located in the historic center of Spoleto; it is incorporated into Palazzo Vigili, near Porta Fuga. With a height of 45.50 meters, it is the tallest tower in the city. It is entirely privately owned, divided between 5-6 owners. It is not open to visitors.
12. Comune di Spoleto
The Town Hall of Spoleto is located halfway between the forum, now Piazza del Mercato, and Piazza del Duomo, in an area where since ancient times stood noble houses, private or representative residences. Its foundations in fact rest in part on the area of the Roman House discovered by Giuseppe Sordini in 1885.
13. Colonna del viaggiatore
Sculture nella città was an open-air exhibition/installation that saw the city of Spoleto transformed into a "Museum City" in the summer of 1962, as part of the fifth edition of the Festival dei Due Mondi. It is one of the most salient episodes of international sculpture of the twentieth century.
14. Casa romana
Sporreto's Roman House dates back to the early 1st century A. D. and was a mansion discovered by Sporreto archaeologist Giuseppe Sodini between 1885 and 1886 and excavated many times until 1914. It is partly located directly below the city hall, and partly located directly below the city hall.
Teodelapio is the only monumental stabile sculpture in Italy by Alexander Calder. Situated in Spoleto it was designed and donated to the city for the 1962 edition of Festival dei Due Mondi. It was part of the open-air exhibition "Sculture in Città" organized by Giovanni Carandente.
16. Casina dell'ippocastano
Casina degli ippocastani, or Casina dell'ippocastano, is a small Alpine-style building built around 1880; it sits in the public gardens of the historic center of Spoletto, at the crossroads between via Martiri della restenza and Viale Matteotti, in front of Spoletosfera.
17. Museo del Tessile e del Costume
The Museum of Textiles and Costume of Spoleto is a museum site included in the interregional museum network of Umbria-Marche called Museum System. It was born following the donation of Lucia Portoghesi in favor of the municipality of Spoleto of her personal collection.
18. Arco di Druso e Germanico
The Arch of Drusus and Germanicus is a Roman arch of the early first century located in Spoleto, close to the Roman temple and the church of Sant'Ansano. It was the monumental gateway to the forum of the city from the Via Flaminia, bypassing the maximum hinge.
19. Cappella della Santissima Icone
Spoleto Cathedral is the cathedral of the Archdiocese of Spoleto-Norcia created in 1821, previously that of the diocese of Spoleto, and the principal church of the Umbrian city of Spoleto, in Italy. It is dedicated to the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
20. Fonte di piazza
The Fountain of Piazza del Mercato, also known as Fonte di Piazza, is located in Spoleto, in the homonymous square once called Piazza del Foro, a center of trade and commerce in Roman times, and today the heart of the historic center.
21. 6 o'clock theatre Luca Ronconi
The Teatrino delle sei is located in the historic center of Spoleto. It owes its name to the time when the shows hosted in the first editions of the Festival dei Due Mondi began. For a period it was also called Teatrino delle sette.
22. Fontana del mascherone
The fountain of the Mascherone, also known as the source of San Simone, is a fountain in Spoleto, in Piazza Bernardino Campello. It is leaning against the wall near the thirteenth-century former church of Saints Simon and Judas.
23. Teatro Romano
Il Teatro romanoßun edificio teatrale di Spoleto, (Spoletium), in Umbria risalente al I secolo a. C. . Ha un diametro di 114,40 metri, la cavea ne misura circa 70. Si trova all'interno del Complesso monumentale di Sant'Agata.
24. San Pietro extra moenia
San Pietro extra moenia is an ancient Roman Catholic church in Spoleto, Umbria, Italy. Remarkable examples of Romanesque sculpture adorn the facade. The term extra moenia refers to its location outside the city walls.
25. San Ponziano
San Ponziano is a romanesque-style, Former-Benedictine monastery and church located in Spoleto, Province of Perugia, region of Umbria, Italy. The site is dedicated to St. Ponziano, the patron saint of Spoleto.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.