Book tickets, guided tours and activities in Regensburg.
Guided Free Walking Tours
Book free guided walking tours in Regensburg.
Explore interesting sights in Regensburg, Germany. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 35 sights are available in Regensburg, Germany.Sightseeing Tours in Regensburg
1. Steinerne Brücke
The Stone Bridge in Regensburg, Germany, is a 12th-century bridge across the Danube linking the Old Town with Stadtamhof. For more than 800 years, until the 1930s, it was the city's only bridge across the river. It is a masterwork of medieval construction and an emblem of the city.
Die Dreieinigkeitskirche ist eine protestantische, frühbarocke, säulenlose Saalkirche in der Gesandtenstraße, in der Altstadt von Regensburg. Die Kirche wurde von 1627 bis 1631 nach Plänen von Hanns Carl erbaut und war eine der ersten evangelisch-lutherischen Kirchenneubauten in Bayern. Die Kirche gilt als größter Kirchenneubau der damaligen freien Reichsstadt Regensburg. und ist wegen des besteigbaren Kirchturms mit Blick über die Altstadt ein beliebtes Ziel von Besuchern. Eine weitere Attraktion ist der von der Kirche aus zugängliche südliche Kirchhof. Auf dem Kirchhof kam es nach der von bayerischen Besatzungstruppen erzwungenen Beendigung des Kirchbaus und noch vor Beginn abschließender Baumaßnahmen auf dem südlichen Kirchhof während des Dreißigjährigen Krieges, im Verlauf der 1632 beginnenden Kämpfe um Regensburg auf Wunsch des schwedischen Heerführers Bernhard von Sachsen-Weimar zum Begräbnis eines hohen schwedischen Offiziers und auf Wunsch einiger Exulanten-Familien auch zu einigen Umbettungen verstorbener Exulanten aus Österreich, die geholfen hatten, den Bau der protestantischen Kirche zu finanzieren. Ihre ursprünglichen Grabstätten lagen wie üblich außerhalb der Stadtmauern und konnten deshalb von den feindlichen kaiserlich-bayerischen Truppen geplündert werden.
3. Sankt Johann
The collegiate church of St. Johann in Regensburg is the spiritual center of St. Johann, founded in 1127. It is consecrated to St. John the Baptist and John the evangelist. The church is located in the immediate vicinity of the St. Peter cathedral on the Krauterermarkt 5. It is located between the cathedral square in the south and the Bischofshof in the north. The collegiate church has had an eventful history over the centuries. The originally Ottonian building had to be removed in favor of an extension of the Wester of the Regensburg Cathedral. This was how a Gothic building was built, already on the site of today's church, which in the 1760s experienced a passionate baroque redesign. After a fire in 1887, the church was rebuilt in neo -baroque forms.
The medieval east gate, which was built from 1284, at the eastern end of today's eastern gasse, decides the old town of Regensburg and opens up the Ausfallstraße to the west, the present Adolf-Schmetzer-Straße. The Ostentor Tower was one of six gate towers of the former city fortifications and was built to protect the former so-called “Ostentor”. The gate was built over the east leading to Vienna, making it the city gate through which the emperor coming from Vienna on the Danube moved into the city. The five-storey Gothic, representative tower building was built according to the found stone-met marks by members of the Regensburg Dombauhütte and is one of the best preserved Gothic tower towers in Germany.
5. Schloss Pürkelgut
Today's Pürkelgut Castle is a water lock in the southeast of Regensburg. The castle was built in 1728 for the merchant Johann Jakob Pürkel and is considered one of the most important baroque profane buildings in the city. The castle has had some estates as a forerunner since the late Middle Ages. The castle facility is recorded as a monument under the file number D-3-62-000-341. It is also as a ground monument under the file number D-3-6938-0851 with the description “Archaeological findings of the Middle Ages and the early modern period in the area of the former water lock Pürkelgut and the associated economy, including the traces of previous construction phases and departed buildings and components ”.
6. Sankt Anton
The listed Catholic parish church of St. Anton, is named after St. Antonius of Padua, attribute: Jesuschild in the arm, which is called in Bavarian folk mouth when looking for lost objects as a slopponal tone. The church, surrounded by a green area, is located outside the old town of Regensburg, south of the railway line and east of the main station in the Kasernenviertel district at Furmayrstraße 22, neighboring cemetery. The church is a brick concrete kingdom in the style of a three -aisled Romanesque basilica after 1920, in the east with two side chapels in honor of Mary, in the west with a transverse house.
7. Scots Monastery
The Scots Monastery is the former Benedictine Abbey of St James (Jakobskirche) in Regensburg, Germany. It was founded in the 11th century by Irish missionaries and for most of its history was in the hands of first Irish, then Scottish monks. In Middle Latin, Scotti meant Gaels, not differentiating Ireland from Scotland, so that the term Schottenstift dates from the Irish period. The full official name of the actual church, the most prominent building within the abbey complex, is Die irische Benediktinerklosterkirche St. Jakob und St. Gertrud.
8. Karmelitenkirche Sankt Joseph
The Carmelite Church of St. Josef on the old grain market in the old town of Regensburg is the monastery church of the St. Josef convention of the unknown Carmelites and the most important confessions and worship church in Regensburg. The highly baroque church building with hints to the Italian style was built between 1660 and 1673 according to the plans of a previously unknown architect. Carlo Lurago, Antonio Petrini or a student of Petrinis are possible as possible authors.
The urban Salzstadel east of the stone bridge in the old town of Regensburg was built in 1616 to 1620, adding the older and smaller Amberg Stadel west of the bridge. The municipal Salzstadel was built to store rock salt or dining salt. The salt was transported to Regensburg with so -called salt trains pulled by horses over the Salzach and the Inn and most recently on the Danube by the salt deposits and salts in the wider area from Passau and unloaded here with cranes.
10. Österreicher Stadel
The Österreicher Stadel in Regensburg, Donaulände No. 6, is located on the southern bank of the Danube (Marc-Aurel-Ufer), 300 m east of the inner-city Danube crossing Eisernen Brücke. Originally built as a brewery, the building was later used in various ways as a salt barn, warehouse, warehouse and museum depot. The building is located a good 100 m east of the Museum of Bavarian History, which opened in 2019, and also serves as a depot for this museum.
11. Schloss Weichs
Schloss Weichs is a listed building located at Weichser Schlossgasse 11 a in the Weichs district of the city of Regensburg, Bavaria. The complex is listed under the file number D-3-62-000-1318 as a listed architectural monument of Regensburg. It is also listed as a ground monument under the file number D-3-6938-0055 in the Bavaria Atlas as "archaeological findings in the area of the former castle of Weichs, previously a medieval castle".
The bridge tower in the old town of Regensburg marks the southern end of the Stone Bridge crossing the Danube. It was built as one of several gate towers at the end of the 13th and the beginning of the 14th century during the construction of the medieval city fortifications of Regensburg. The bridge tower is the only one of the former three towers on the Stone Bridge that has been preserved.
13. Kunstforum Ostdeutsche Galerie
The Kunstforum Ostdeutsche Galerie (Kog) is an art collection of works by German artists from the former German eastern areas and the German settlement areas in Eastern and Southeast Europe. Until the reunification, works by artists from the GDR were also collected. The seat in Regensburg can also be seen in connection with the patronage of the city for the concerns of the Sudeten Germans.
The Lower Münsterkirche in Regensburg, built around 1150 at the end of Romanesque and baroque in the 17th century, was the church of the former canon foundation of the Reich Abbey Niedermünster, which was dissolved in Bavaria in 1803. After the transmission of the buildings to the Kingdom of Bavaria in 1810, the Lower Münsterkirche has served as a cathedral parish church since 1824.
Die Kirche St. Theresia im Stadtteil Kumpfmühl ist eine ehemalige Klosterkirche der Unbeschuhten Karmeliten. Heute ist die Kirche eine Nebenkirche der Wolfgangskirche in der Pfarrei St. Wolfgang. Die Kirche St. Theresia befindet sich mit dem ehemaligen Kloster- und Seminargebäude an der Ecke Kumpfmühler Straße/Gutenbergstraße im Stadtteil Kumpfmühl von Regensburg.
16. St. Leonhard
The Roman Catholic branch church of St. Leonhard, located in the western old town of Regensburg, was assigned to the former St. Leonhard, which is the former St. Leonhard and is now the branch church of the Heart of Jesus. The essentially Romanesque, three -aisled building is considered the oldest hall church in Bavaria and is consecrated to Saint Leonhard von Limoges.
The Regensburg Museum of Danube Shipping is a maritime museum of river shipping on the river Danube and other rivers, sited in the town of Regensburg in Germany. It also contains art collections on that topic, along with material on boatmen's work and training. Its main exhibits are the steam tugboat Ruthof / Érsekcsanád and the diesel tug Freudenau.
18. Basilica Sankt Emmeram
St. Emmeram is a church building that started around 780 in Regensburg. The church was the main church of the Sankt Emmeram monastery, which was raised to the prince in 1731. After the secularization, the abbey church became the parish church of the city of Regensburg and by Pope Paul VI. On March 5, 1964, Terra Sacra levied to the Basilica Minor.
The Roman Tower in the old town of Regensburg dominates the cityscape at the Alter Kornmarkt with its massive block shape. The Romanesque residential tower belonged to the ducal palace and was connected to the neighbouring ducal court to the south by a walk-in candle arch, which was demolished in 1855 and reinstalled in a simple form in 1937/40.
The All Saints' Chapel is a small building in the cloister of Regensburg Cathedral and served as the mausoleum of the builder Bishop Hartwig II of Spanheim. He was the first bishop of Regensburg not to be buried in the monastery of St. Emmeram. The chapel dates back to the middle of the 12th century, when Bishop Hartwig died in 1164.
21. St. Oswald
The Church of St. Oswald is an Evangelical Lutheran church in the western part of Regensburg on the south bank of the Danube. The construction of the collegiate church dates back to the time around 1290, when a Carmelite monastery was built there, but it was abandoned again in 1367 when the Carmelites migrated to Straubing.
22. Museum Sankt Ulrich
The former cathedral parish church of St. Ulrich in Regensburg stands at a distance of about 10 m southeast of Regensburg Cathedral on the cathedral square, which extends eastwards on its south side to the Herzogshof. St. Ulrich's Church and the exhibitions in the church are now part of the Regensburg diocesan museums.
The so-called Peterskirchlein is located in D. Martin-Luther-Straße 24 in the green areas near the north of the Regensburg main station. The small church built in 1806 as the St. Peter cemetery church in the Catholic cemetery of the lower town is now a Bulgarian Orthodox church.
24. Maria Läng Kapelle
The Catholic chapel Maria Läng, is a baroque hall building with a crusader vault from 1675. The chapel is an old house chapel on the ground floor of a former visit to the visit. It houses a figure of Mary who is supposed to represent St. Maria in its true length.
The Roman Catholic, listed Erhardi Chapel is located in the Erhardigasse of Regensburg. It is part of the Diocese of Regensburg. The building is registered as a monument in the Bavarian list of monuments under the monument number D-3-62-000-38301.
26. St. Matthäus
27. Hannchen Haag
28. Kepler Gedächtnishaus
The Justitia fountain is a Baroque splendid fountain in the centre of the historic old town of Regensburg. It was created in 1656 by sculptor Leoprand Hilmer in the course of the new construction of the water supply of the city.
30. Villa Rustica
Villa Rustica Castle Weinting is the name of a Roman manor near Castle Weinting-Harting, a district of Regensburg, in Bavaria. The remains of the villa rustica found are dated to the third and fourth centuries of the Christian.
31. St. Wolfgang
The Islinger Feld is located in the southern area of Regensburg, around 3.5 km as the crow flies from the St. Peter Regensburg Cathedral. It extends south of the federal highway 3 between Oberisling and Burgweinting.
Otto Herbert Hajek was a German abstract painter, graphic artist and sculptor. His architecture-related estate and his photo archive are housed in the Southwest German Archive for Architecture and Civil Engineering.
The city park in Regensburg west of the old town of Regensburg on the unit square in front of the Jakobstor is the oldest and with over eight hectares also the largest of the inner -city parks in Regensburg.
35. St. Maria
The Roman Catholic side church of St. Maria in the Regensburg district of Irl is a listed hall church, which was built in 1759 in the Rococo style. It is co-cared for by the parish of St. Martin in Barbing.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.