Explore interesting sights in Oberhausen, Germany. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 18 sights are available in Oberhausen, Germany.Sightseeing Tours in Oberhausen
1. Alter Wasserturm
The Oberhausen Water Tower is a water tower located at Mülheimer Straße 1 in Oberhausen, Germany. It was built in 1897 by the Gutehoffnungshütte (GHH) with bricks, as the GHH needed a replacement for its demolished water towers on the Obere Marktstraße. The water was pumped into the approx. 50 m high tower via three pressure strings and stored there in an Intze elevated tank with a capacity of 1000 m³. In 1947, the damage caused by the Second World War was repaired. In 1965, the water tower, which was operated by Hüttenwerke Oberhausen Aktiengesellschaft (HOAG) and Rheinisch-Westfälische Wasserwerksgesellschaft (RWW), was taken out of operation and has been a listed building since 13 March 1985. Today it is used by a surveying office as a living or working space.
2. Evangelische Kirche Alstaden
The Evangelical Church of Alstaden is a hall church from the era of historicism in the village of Alstaden an der Ruhr, now a district of the Ruhr area town of Oberhausen. It was built from 1902 to 1905 in a mixture of neo -Gothic and Neureaissancist elements and was initially the church of the Evangelical parish of Alstaden. Since July 1, 2007, the Alstaden church has been one of three parish churches of the new Evangelical Emmaus-Kirchengemeinde Oberhausen, which includes the Liricher Paulus-Kirchengemeinde and the Buschhausen Luther church community.
The Kaiserburg is the ruin of a hilltop castle on the 454 m above sea level Ulrichsberg (Arrach) on the southern side of the Danube, 1400 metres north-northwest of the parish church of St. Clemens in the municipality of Oberhausen in the district of Neuburg-Schrobenhausen in Bavaria. The complex is listed under the file number D-1-85-150-17 as a listed architectural monument of Oberhausen. It is also listed as a ground monument under the file number D-1-7232-0124 in the Bavarian Atlas as "Castle Ruins of the Middle Ages ("Kaiserburg")".
4. Schloss Sinning
The Sinning Castle is a baroque castle in the Sinning district of the municipality of Oberhausen, around ten kilometers southwest of Neuburg an der Donau. The system is recorded under the file number D-1-85-150-10 as a listed monument of Sinning. Likewise, as a ground monument under the file number D-1-7332-0095 in the Bavaria Atlas, it is led as "medieval and early modern findings in the area of the Castle of Sinning".
The St. Antonius Church is a Roman Catholic Church in the village of Alstaden an der Ruhr, a district of Oberhausen. Since April 22, 2007, the church consecrated to St. Antonius of Padua has been one of four churches of the large parish of the heart of Jesus Oberhausen and the main church of the parish district of Alstaden. She is known for her church windows, which was designed by the artist Hildegard Bienen from 1979.
6. Gasometer Oberhausen
The Gasometer Oberhausen is a former gas holder in Oberhausen, Germany, which has been converted into an exhibition space. It has hosted several large scale exhibitions, including two by Christo and Jeanne-Claude. The Gasometer is an industrial landmark, and an anchor point of the European Route of Industrial Heritage and the Industrial Heritage Trail. It was built in the 1920s, and reconstructed after World War II.
7. Burg Vondern
Vondern Castle is located in the district of Vonderort in the north Rhine-westfalian city of Oberhausen. She was a covenant of the Counts and Dukes of Kleve and was first mentioned in the 13th century documents. Today, owned by the city of Oberhausen, since 1982 the Förderkreis Burg Vondern e.V. has been responsible for the preservation of historical buildings, which were placed under monument protection in 1987.
8. Burgstall Willenberg
The Burgstall Willenberg, also Oberhausen, Wildenberg, Achberg, denotes a dilapidated high medieval high castle at 625 m above sea level. NHN in spur position on the "Schlossberg" about 500 meters north-east of the Achberg crossing and 1000 meters south via Maxlried, districts of the municipality of Oberhausen in the district of Weilheim-Schongau in Bavaria.
The former main warehouse of the Gutehoffnunghütte in Oberhausen was built between 1921 and 1925 on Essener Strasse according to a design by the architect Peter Behrens. Today it serves as the central depot of the LVR industrial museum. Under the new name Peter-Behrens-Bau, exhibitions and depot tours take place there.
10. Herz Jesu Kirche
The Herz Jesu-Kirche Oberhausen-Sterkrade, also known as Herz Jesu Sterkrade, is a neo-Gothic former parish church dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, which now functions as one of the parish churches of the Catholic parish of St. Clemens in the Oberhausen district of Sterkrade.
11. Brache Vondern
The wasteland of the fallow area on the grounds of the former colliery of Vonders is the fallow ward. It is used as a local recreation area, art installation and connection space. It belongs to the Emscher landscape park and is a station in the route of industrial culture.
12. Siedlung Eisenheim
The Eisenheim housing estate in Oberhausen is considered to be the oldest workers' settlement in the Ruhr area and one of the oldest surviving workers' settlements in Germany. Eisenheim is the first German workers' housing estate to be listed as a historical monument.
13. Sankt Joseph
St. Joseph's Church is a listed Catholic church in Unterstyrum, a district of Oberhausen, Germany. It is the mother church of numerous parishes in the south of Oberhausen and north of Mülheim and is the oldest still existing Catholic church in the city.
The Protestant Christ Church at Nohlstraße 7, 46045 Oberhausen was built in 1864 and is therefore one of the oldest buildings in the Oberhausen district of Alt-Oberhausen. It is also the oldest church building of the Protestant church in Alt-Oberhausen.
15. Villa Concordia
Today, Villa Concordia is the name given to the former director's villa of the former Concordia colliery in Oberhausen, Grillostraße 34. In memory of its last inhabitant – director Erich Meuthen – the name Meuthenvilla was popular for a long time.
16. Slinky Springs to Fame
Slinky springs to fame is the name of a pedestrian bridge over the Rhine-Herne Canal at canal kilometre 8.596, which connects the Kaisergarten in Oberhausen with the opposite sports park on Lindnerstraße and the adjacent landscape area of the Emscher.
17. Pfarrkirche St. Marien
The parish church of St. Marien, or Marienkirche for short, is a neo -Gothic parish church in the Marienviertel district of the Ruhr area town of Oberhausen named after the church. With its two towers, it is considered one of the symbols of the city.
18. Schloss Oberhausen
Oberhausen Castle is a neoclassical palace complex in the Alt-Oberhausen-Mitte district of Oberhausen, Germany. The property gave its name to the railway station built nearby in 1846 and opened in 1847 and thus to the later city of Oberhausen.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.