Looking for premium sights?
Here you can book tickets, guided tours and other activities in Bremen:Tickets and guided tours on Viator*
Want a guided Free Walking Tour?
Here you can book guided Free Walking Tours in Bremen:Guided Free Walking Tours on Freetour*
Here you can find interesting sights in Bremen, Germany. Click on a marker on the map to view details about the sight. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 100 sights are available in Bremen, Germany.List of cities in Germany Sightseeing Tours in Bremen
1. RolandBook Ticket*
The Bremen Roland is a statue of Roland, erected in 1404. It stands in the market square (Rathausplatz) of Bremen, Germany, facing the cathedral, and shows Roland, paladin of the first Holy Roman Emperor Charlemagne and hero of the Battle of Roncevaux Pass.
2. WalBook Ticket*
The whale in Vegesack is a monument in Bremen-Vegesack. It was erected in 1978 in the pedestrian zone of Gerhard-Rohlfs-Straße and is listed in the list of monuments and statues of the city of Bremen.
3. BöttcherstraßeBook Ticket*
Böttcherstraße is a street in the historic centre of Bremen, Germany. Only about 100 m (330 ft) long, it is famous for its unusual architecture and ranks among the city's main cultural landmarks and visitor attractions. Most of its buildings were erected between 1922 and 1931, primarily as a result of the initiative of Ludwig Roselius, a Bremen-based coffee-trader, who charged Bernhard Hoetger with the artistic supervision over the project. The street and its buildings are a rare example of an architectural ensemble belonging to a variant of the expressionist style. Several of the houses can be classed as Brick Expressionism. Since 1973, the ensemble has been protected by the Monument Protection Act.
4. Ailton Goncalves da Silva
Aílton Gonçalves da Silva, also known as "Kugelblitz", is a Brazilian former professional footballer who played as a striker. A journeyman, Aílton began his career in Brazil where he played for Ypiranga, Internacional, Mogi Mirim, Santa Cruz, and Guarani. Following a stint with Tigres UANL in Mexico, he moved to Germany joining SV Werder Bremen. He spent six seasons with Werder Bremen, winning the double of Bundesliga and cup in the 2003–04 season, before transferring to league rivals FC Schalke 04. In the latter stages of his career he played for Beşiktaş, Hamburger SV, Red Star Belgrade, Grasshoppers Zürich, MSV Duisburg, Metalurh Donetsk, SCR Altach, Campinense, and Chongqing Lifan. He ended his career in the lower leagues with KFC Uerdingen 05, FC Oberneuland, Rio Branco-SP, and Hassia Bingen.
In the 10th century, only the cathedral district was walled as a cathedral castle. From 1229, a ring wall was built around the entire old town, semicircular on the land side. In the 13th century, Bremen expanded westwards. The new Stephanivorstadt received from 1307 only a land-side wall. In the 15th century, the first brick phase of Bremen's architectural history, the city wall on the Weser side in the port areas of Schlachte and Tiefer was successively replaced by the gable sides of brick warehouses, so that only the battle gates of the original wall remained at the Schlachte. The Stephaniviertel, on the other hand, did not receive a wall on the Weser side until the middle of the 16th century. After that, in 1551, the wall between the old districts and the Stephaniviertel was able to fall.
6. Haus Paula Becker
Paula Modersohn-Becker was a German Expressionist painter of the late 19th and early 20th century. Her work is noted for its intensity and its blunt, unapologetic humanity, and for the many self-portraits the artist produced, including nude self-portraits. She is considered one of the most important representatives of early expressionism, producing more than 700 paintings and over 1000 drawings during her active painting life. She is recognized both as the first known woman painter to paint nude self-portraits, and the first woman to have a museum devoted exclusively to her art. Additionally, she is considered to be the first woman artist to depict herself both pregnant and nude and pregnant.
7. Koch & Bergfeld Silberwarenmanufaktur
Today's silverware manufacturer Koch & Bergfeld in Bremen was founded in 1829 as a master workshop, making it one of the oldest still active silverware factories in Germany. In the decades around 1900, she made remarkable contributions to the history of the applied arts of historicism and Art Nouveau. Today, well-known products from Koch & Bergfeld are the silver cutlery of the German embassies as well as the cup of the UEFA Champions League and the model of the Golden Camera for the magazine Hörzu. The castle-like building from 1882 was designed by the architect Fritz Dunkel. Together with the gate system and other buildings, it is a listed building.
The larger-than-life bronze figure of the Great Reclining or Aegina by Gerhard Marcks, cast in 1966, was erected in 1968 on the slope of the Theaterberg in the Bremen ramparts as one of the first sculptural enrichments of the period after the Second World War. Inspired by Günter Busch, the director of the Kunsthalle, Bremen had during this time turned its attention to the work of Marcks, perhaps the most important figurative sculptor in post-war Germany, with the founding of a sculpture museum dedicated to his work and named after him, as well as two publicly displayed free sculptures.
The Focke Museum is the museum of history and the history of art for the city and state of Bremen. It was formed in 1924 by the merger of a museum of industry and commerce and the previous historical museum, and is named for the founder of the latter, Johann Focke (1848–1922), a Bremen privy councillor and father of Henrich Focke. It is located in 4.5 hectares of grounds in the Riensberg neighbourhood of the city. In addition to a main building which opened in 1964 and was extended in 2002, the museum complex includes buildings dating from the 16th to the 19th centuries.
10. Haus der Sieben Faulen
The House of the Seven Lazy Brothers is a historic building in Bremen, Germany, completed in 1927. With a name based on a local legend, the building located in Böttcherstraße in the old town was built by the prosperous coffee merchant Ludwig Roselius to a design by Bremen architects Eduard Scotland and Alfred Runge. The first version of the house was home to the advertising department of Roselius's coffee company and the Deutscher Werkbund association of craftsmen. When it was rebuilt in 1954 the new design was based on a traditional local story.
11. Alexander von Humboldt
Alexander von Humboldt is a German sailing ship originally built in 1906 by the German shipyard AG Weser at Bremen as the lightship Reserve Sonderburg. She was operated throughout the North and Baltic Seas until being retired in 1986. Subsequently, she was converted into a three masted barque by the German shipyard Motorwerke Bremerhaven and was re-launched in 1988 as Alexander von Humboldt. In 2011 the ship was taken off sail-training and sent to the Caribbean for the charter business, then she was converted to a botel.
The Anticolonial Memorial is a memorial in Bremen in the shape of a brick elephant. It is located in Nelson-Mandela-Park in the district of Schwachhausen, district Bürgerweide-Barkhof opposite the Hermann-Böse-Gymnasium and close to the main train station. It was originally erected as a Reichskolonialehrendenkmal in 1931, inaugurated in July 1932 and from then on was regarded by the colonial movement as a central German colonial monument. In 1989 it was rededicated as an anti-colonial monument.
13. Kaiserschleuse Ostfeuer
The Kaiserschleuse lighthouse stands to the east of the pier at the entrance to the Kaiserhafen in Bremerhaven. The Kaiserschleuse Ostfeuer, which was still in operation, was planned in 1900 by harbour director Rudolf Rudloff and is the northernmost lighthouse in Seestadt. The height of the structure is 15 m, the lighthouse height is 10 m. In size and appearance it resembles the more than 100 years older lighthouse Moritzburg. The lighthouse carries a fog bell, which is still in operation.
14. Amerikanisches Generalkonsulat
The Consular Agency of the United States in Bremen, also referred to as Consular Agency Bremen, was one of the American diplomatic missions to Germany until 2018. The unit offered limited services for U. S. citizens in areas including Bremen, Hamburg, Schleswig-Holstein, and Lower Saxony. Despite that, services such as the issuing of visas or emergency passports were not provided, but can be obtained only from the U. S. Embassy in Berlin, the Consulate General in Frankfurt or Munich.
The oil mill of Franz Köcheln was a windmill located on the Stephanitors bulwark west of Bremen's old town. Its remains of large-format brick foundations were discovered during an emergency excavation in 2012. The mill, which belonged to Franz Daniel Köcheln, stood in the area of the Weser station, built between 1857 and 1859, in front of the former gates of the Stephaniviertel in the far west of the old town. It processed rapeseed into rapeseed oil from 1810 to before 1863.
16. Villa Borgward
The Borgward Villa and the neighbouring Allmers Park to the east in Bremen's Horn-Lehe district were laid out in 1750 as a country estate, from the beginning of the 19th to the beginning of the 20th century they were known as Landgut Focke-Fritze. The park was acquired by the state of Bremen in 1936. The Landhaus Horner Heerstraße No. 11 was inhabited by the Borgward family from 1952 to 2000. It is not to be confused with the Borgward House in Pfalzburgerstraße.
17. Zollamt Rotersand
The Rotersand customs office in Lehe (Bremerhaven) is located at Franziusstraße 1, at the end of Rickmersstraße and Bürgermeister-Smidt-Straße. It was the main entrance to the Kaiserhafen and the Nordhafen. Today, freight traffic is routed via Speckenbüttel. The office is named after the lighthouse Roter Sand. The municipal tram ran a single-track curve from Rickmersstraße into the Bürger. > The building was placed under Bremen monument protection in 2009.
The Marble Hall is the interior space of Kaffee HAG's former coffee factory. It is located in the former Kaffee-HAG-Werk I, in the ≤ berseestadt district of the Walle district of Bremen, which was completed in 2009. In 1914, Ludwig Rossellius, the company's founder and then factory manager, decorated the room with marble. The Marble Hall is the representative center of the coffee factory and has been a monument to Bremen since 1994.
19. Haus Kränholm
The house Kränholm is located in Bremen, district Burglesum, district St. Magnus in Knoops Park, Auf dem Hohen Ufer 35A / Raschenkamsweg. The building was built in 1971 as a reconstruction of a manor house built elsewhere in 1896/1897 according to plans by Eduard Gildemeister and Wilhelm Sunkel and demolished for the construction of an expressway. It has been a listed building since 2010 as part of the Knoops Park monument group.
20. Theater am Goetheplatz
The Theater am Goetheplatz, also incorrectly known as the Goethetheater, is the main theatre of the city of Bremen in the north of Germany, the main venue of Theater Bremen. Completed in 1913 in the Neoclassical style, it is located in the cultural district to the east of the old town. After reconstruction with major extensions after the Second World War, it was fully modernized in 2004. Since 2005, it has been a listed building.
21. Haus Lesmona
Haus Lesmona is a villa-like building in Bremen-St. Magnus. It is located on the high bank of the Lesum River in the southwest corner of what is now Knoops Park and is currently used as a residential building and gallery. The name refers to the Latinized name for the river Lesum, namely Lesmona. Haus Lesmona has been a listed monument since 1973 and has been part of the Knoops Park monument group since 2010.
The Bischofstor of Bremen acquired its present shape in 1838 based on the design of building director Friedrich Moritz Stamm, the original part contained in the redevelopment of the old square, as well as an important part of the entrance to the Egestorff Foundation in Bremen-Osterholz. At the same time, a corresponding gatehouse was built on the bridge on Wallgraben, which has been a shop since 1848.
23. Schnürschuh Theater
The Schnürschuh Theater is an independent theatre in Bremen, founded in 1976. After the original theatre group and the later permanent ensemble initially played at different locations in Bremen as well as on Germany-wide tours, it has had its own venue since 1994: The theatre of the Schnürschuh Theater has since been located in Bremen's Neustadt at Buntentorsteinweg 145. The auditorium has 99 seats.
24. Bremer Geschichtenhaus
The Bremer Geschichtenhaus im Schnoor is a "living" museum. Within the framework of qualification and employment measures, unemployed people present historical events and personalities of Bremen life in historical settings from the middle of the 17th to the 20th century. In self-made costumes, they accompany and guide visitors through the exhibition, telling Bremen's history and stories.
25. Saint Peter's Cathedral
Bremen Cathedral, dedicated to St. Peter, is a church situated in the market square in the center of Bremen. The cathedral belongs to the Bremian Evangelical Church, a member of the Protestant umbrella organization named Evangelical Church in Germany. It is the previous cathedral of the former Prince-Archbishopric of Bremen. Since 1973, it is protected by the monument protection act.
26. Helmuth von Moltke
The Moltke monument in Bremen is located on the wall of the north tower of the Liebfrauenkirche. In the form of an equestrian statue, it commemorates the Prussian Field Marshal Helmuth von Moltke. The monument was designed according to a model by the Munich sculptor Hermann Hahn with the participation of the Berlin architect Heinrich Jennen and has been a listed building since 1973.
27. Haus St. Petrus
St Petrus House is a historic building in Bremen, Germany. With features of North-German Gothic architecture including an arcade, it was built in 1927 by the prosperous coffee merchant Ludwig Roselius as part of his development of Böttcherstraße. Today its newly refurbished dining rooms are part of the Atlantic Grand Hotel. Since 1973, St Petrus House has been a listed building.
The Ludwig Knoop statue, sometimes also called (sculpture) Baron Ludwig Knoop or short Baron Knoop, is a bronze statue in Bremen-Burglesum in Knoops Park, which was erected in 1995 in honor of the Bremen merchant Ludwig Knoop (1821–1894) and on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of his death last year. It is listed in the list of monuments and statues of the city of Bremen.
29. Gymnasium Leibnizplatz & Realschule
Leibnizplatz High School is a high school in the Neustadt district of Bremen. It used to be Realschule, Oberrealschule, Oberschule, Gymnasium and Middle School Center, and now it is a high school in Bremen, which is a full-time school. The building has been under the protection of Bremen since 1984. The Bremen Shakespeare Company has been performing in schools since 1988.
30. Reformierte Kirche Blumenthal
The Evangelical Reformed Church in Bremen-Blumenthal is one of the four churches of the merged Protestant congregation of the district, which has existed since 1 January 2022. The predecessor community, the Ev.-ref. The parish of Bremen-Blumenthal was reorganized on 8 June 1959 to the Bremen Evangelical Church (BEK). The merged municipality is also a member of the BEK.
The Bremen Ratskeller is the council wine cellar of the Townhall of Bremen. Since it was erected in the year 1405, German wines were stored and sold there. With its history over 600 years the Ratskeller of Bremen is one of the oldest wine cellars of Germany, furthermore the oldest wine barrel of Germany, a wine from Rüdesheim which is dated 1653, is stored here.
32. Steinernes Kreuz
The Vasmer Cross is an atonement cross in the Ostertor district of the Mitte district of Bremen, located on the street of Steinernen Kreuz Nr.10. It was built in 1435 as an atonement for the execution of Bremen Mayor John Vasmer. The building has been protected since 1973 as part of the Steinernes Kreuz complex. This is the oldest monument in Bremen after Roland.
33. Bremer Rundfunkmuseum
The Bremen Radio Museum was founded in 1978 by radio enthusiasts and exhibits about 700 exhibits on 400 m² of exhibition space in the Bremen district of Findorff. The collection includes equipment from 80 years of radio, phono and television history as well as maritime radio. Exhibits from all areas can be put into operation and demonstrated during guided tours.
The heralds at Bremen's town hall are free sculptures of two armored knights on horseback. The almost larger-than-life groups of figures driven in copper flank the east portal of Bremen's Old Town Hall. They are traditionally referred to as "heralds". Designed by Rudolf Maison and donated by the banker John Harjes, they were first installed on this site in 1901.
35. Fatih Moschee
The Fatih Mosque (german "Conqueror Mosque") in Bremen-Gröpelingen is the first mosque in the Free Hanseatic City of Bremen and the third largest in Germany. The mosque association, founded in 1973, is also the oldest and largest Muslim community in Bremen. It was registered in 1974 as an "Association for the Preservation of the Islamic Prayer Room in Bremen".
36. Kunsthalle Bremen
The Kunsthalle Bremen is an art museum in Bremen, Germany. It is located close to the Bremen Old Town on the "Culture Mile". The Kunsthalle was built in 1849, enlarged in 1902 by architect Eduard Gildemeister, and expanded several more times, most notably in 2011. Since 1977, the building has been designated a Kulturdenkmal on Germany's buildings heritage list.
37. Muhles Park
Muhles Park with the Landgut Muhle is located in Bremen in the district Oberneuland, right next to the park and estate Höpkens Ruh on the Oberneulander Landstraße 65 to 69, on the other side of the street Auf der Alten Weide. Opposite is the extensive Ichons Park with the Villa Ichon, which – supplemented with newer buildings – houses a retirement home.
Since the late Middle Ages, the Bremen Powder Towers were three large round towers in Bremen, in which the powder supplies, weapons and ammunition required for the event of war were stored. In addition, prisoners were held on the ground floors of the powder towers and criminals were imprisoned and tortured, which often referred to the towers as kennels.
The Overseas Museum in Bremen is a Natural History and ethnographic museum in northern Germany. In an integrated exhibition of Nature, Culture and Trading, the museum presents aspects of overseas regions with permanent exhibitions relating to Asia, South Pacific/Oceania, Americas and Africa. The building is protected by the monument protection act.
40. Seenotrettungskreuzer Paul Denker
The sea rescue cruiser Paul Denker is a museum ship in Bremen, Germany. It was the first ship made entirely of aluminium by the Deutsche Gesellschaft zur Rettung Schiffbrüchiger (DGzRS) and at the same time the smallest of all German-built sea rescue units with a daughter boat. In total, the cruiser was in the service of the company for 38 years.
The Union-Brauerei is a brewery founded in 1907 by Bremen innkeepers, which was taken over by Haake-Beck AG in 1965 and closed in 1968. In December 2015, the expanded operation was resumed by a gastronomic offer. The new operators are the architect Lüder Kastens and the former managing director of the Bremen brewery Beck & Co. Markus Zeller.
42. Seenotrettungskreuzer Bremen
The Bremen (III) was a former twin-screw motor lifeboat (MRB) of the Deutsche Gesellschaft zur Rettung Schiffbrüchiger (DGzRS), which had been converted into the first sea rescue cruiser in the early 1950s. This test cruiser was intended to prove that the developed concept of a daughter boat (TB) proves itself in sea rescue operations.
The Balge was a short branch of the Weser on its eastern side, running through what is now the centre of Bremen. As it served as a harbour in the early Middle Ages, it significantly contributed to Bremen's development as a port. The river gradually narrowed until in 1608, it was canalised. In 1838, it was completely filled with earth.
The Overbeck Museum is located in the listed "Altes Packhaus" or "Kito-Haus" in the Alte Hafenstraße in Bremen-Vegesack. It is the only museum in Bremen dedicated to one of the founding fathers of the Worpswede artists' colony, the painter Fritz Overbeck (1869–1909), and his wife, the painter Hermine Overbeck-Rohte (1869–1937).
45. Heilige Familie
Holy Family is a Catholic parish church in Bremen, Germany. The church named after the Holy Family is located in the district of Grohn, on Grohner Markt. It is the youngest church in the deanery of Bremen-Nord and one of the last new churches in the diocese of Hildesheim. Its parish of the same name includes around 6,200 Catholics.
46. Haus Vorwärts
Haus Vorwärts at Sandstraße 4–5, right next to Bremen Cathedral, is one of the oldest buildings in Bremen's old town. Since 2005, the building has served as a House of Science for the association of the same name as a showcase for science. Previously, the association "Vorwärts" had its domicile here for over 120 years.
47. The Atlantis House
The Atlantis House on Böttcherstraße in the old town of Bremen in the north of Germany is an interesting example of German architecture in the interwar period. Designed by Bernhard Hoetger, it was completed in 1931. After suffering serious war damage, it was rebuilt in 1965 with a new facade designed by Ewald Mataré.
The Essighaus was an impressive gabled town house in the old town of Bremen in northern Germany. One of the city's finest examples of Renaissance architecture, it was almost completely destroyed by bombing in 1943. The entrance flanked by projecting bay windows is the only part of the building which has been restored.
49. Postamt 5
Postamt Bremen 5, also known as Hauptpostamt 5, is the central building of Oberpostdirektion in Hanover, located near Bremen Grand Central Station, and has been one of the largest buildings in Hanseatic city for many years. Much of the house has been vacant for a long time since 1996 and has only been partially used.
50. Hofmeierhaus Haus Lesmona
The Hofmeierhaus Lesmona is located in Bremen, district Burglesum, district St. Magnus, Am Kapellenberg 7, in Knoops Park. The house was built around 1905 according to plans by Friedrich Wellermann and Paul Frölich. Since 2010, it has been under Bremen monument protection as part of the Knoops Park monument group.
51. Die Glocke
Die Glocke is a concert hall in the centre of Bremen, Germany. Standing on the site of a building from the Middle Ages, it was designed by Walter Görig (1885–1974) and completed in 1928. Its elegant Art Deco design and excellent acoustics have been praised by a number of artists including Herbert von Karajan.
52. Die Zigarrenmacher
The monument to the Bremen cigar makers, a bronze sculpture group consisting of five half-figures, was modelled in 1984 by Holger Voigts and erected on the corner of Buntentorsteinweg and Kirchweg. It is reminiscent of an important profession of the inhabitants working here in the New Town in the 19th century.
53. Bremer Loch
The Bremer Marktplatz is a square situated in the centre of the Hanseatic City of Bremen. One of the oldest public squares in the city, it covers an area of 3,484 m2 (37,500 sq ft). It is no longer used as a market place except for the Christmas market and the annual Freimarkt Fair at the end of October.
54. St. Marien Blumenthal
St. Mary's Ann is a Catholic church in Bremen, Germany. It is named after Santa Maria and is located in Fresenbergstraße in the district of Blumenthal. St Mary's Church is the oldest church in northern Bremen; Their eponymous diocese, which includes nearly 5,000 Catholics, belongs to Hildesheim Diocese.
55. Waller Kirche
The Waller Kirche is a Protestant parish church in Bremen, Germany, in the district of Walle, Lange Reihe 77. The church building consists of a 1950s nave and a Renaissance tower, both made of brick. Since 1973 it has been under Bremen monument protection (see List of cultural monuments in Walle#0837).
Kontorhaus and Hafenspeicher Auf der Muggenburg of the wine trading company Reidemeister & Ulrichs in Bremen, district Walle, district Überseestadt, Auf der Muggenburg 7 at Europahafen, built in 1951 according to plans by Wilhelm Wortmann and Erik Schott, during the reconstruction of the Bremen ports.
57. Villa Bischoff
Villa Bischoff Hotel is located in the Vegesack district of Bremen, in the Vegesack district, Weserstra betae 84, on the banks of the Hoher Weser River. It was built in 1887 according to the plan of Ludwig Klingenberg and Hugo Weber. The building has been under the protection of Bremen since 1984.
58. Friedhofskapelle Riensberg
Riensberg Cemetery Chapel is located in Friedhofstraße 51, Riensberg District, Schwachhausen District, Bremen. The chapel, cemetery supervisor's house and mortuary were built in 1875 and designed by building inspector Johannes Rippe. They have been protected by the Bremen Monument since 1984.
59. St. Godehard
St. Godehard's Church (German: Kirche St. Godehard) is a Roman Catholic church in Bremen-Hemelingen, Germany. It was built between 1899 and 1900 by Friedrich Wellermann and Paul Frölich in the Neo-Romanesque style. The area around the church and rectory has been a listed building since 2000.
60. Villa Ahlers
The Villa Ahlers, Parkallee 117 corner Benquestraße in Bremen-Schwachhausen, district Bürgerpark, near the Bürgerpark was built in 1904 according to plans by Eduard Gildemeister and Wilhelm Sunkel. The building was placed under monument protection in 1978 as a cultural monument in Bremen.
61. Reiterstandbild Otto von Bismarck
The Bismarck monument outside the cathedral in Bremen is a bronze figure of the former Chancellor, riding a horse. It was created in 1910, twelve years after Bismarck's death. The commission was entrusted to Adolf von Hildebrand in 1904. Since 1973 the monument has enjoyed protected status.
62. Haus Schumacher
Haus Schumacher, also known as Haus Blome since 2013, is located in Bremen, Oberneuland district, Oberneulander Landstraße 93. The farmhouse was built around 1780 and is the oldest remaining Brinksitzerhaus in Bremen. It bears the name of the family that lived there for over 100 years.
63. Villa Schröder
The Villa Schröder is an upper-class residential building in Bremen, district Vegesack, district Vegesack, Weserstraße 78A/79, on the high banks of the Weser. The villa was built in 1887 according to plans by Ludwig Klingenberg and Hugo Weber and has been a listed building since 1996.
64. Schuppen 2
Schuppen 2 is a protected industrial building located at 5-37 Hoerneckestraäe, Oberseestadt District, Walle District, Bremen, in Europahafen. It was built in 1951/52 in accordance with the plan of Oberbaurat Jung (Port Construction Office) during the reconstruction of the Bremen port.
65. Kriegerehrenmal Altmannshöhe
Monuments to the Bremen killed in 1914-1918, the Gerstenberg Division and the Kaspari Free Corps stand at Altmannhöhe on the eastern slope of Bremen's walls. It was designed in 1933 by sculptor Ernst Gosseman and landscape architect Heinrich Vipkin-Juergensmann and completed in 1935.
66. Landhaus Caesar-Ichon
Ichons Park und Landhaus Caesar-Ichon is located in Bremen, district Oberneuland, Oberneulander Landstraße 70. The park was built in 1768 and 1829, the building in 1843 according to plans by Anton Theodor Eggers. They have been listed as historical monuments in Bremen since 1973.
67. Bahnhof Lehe
Bremerhaven-Lehe passenger station, or usually Leher station or Lehe station, is a through station at kilometre 187.8 of the Wunstorf–Bremerhaven Seehafen railway. The station is located in Bremerhaven, district Lehe on Bürgermeister-Kirschbaum-Platz and dates from 1914.
The Kaiser-Friedrich-Denkmal, a bronze equestrian monument created by Louis Tuaillon on Hermann-Böse-Straße in Bremen, was dedicated in 1905 to the memory of the German Emperor Frederick III, who reigned for only 99 days in 1888. It has been a listed building since 1973.
69. Villa Korff
Villa Korff is located in Bremen, on the corner of Schwachhausen District, Bürgerpark District, Parkallee 133 and Bulthauptstraße. The house was built in 1910 and designed by Hans Larson and Heinrich Larson. It has been protected by the Bremen Monument since 1998.
The Paula Modersohn-Becker Museum in Bremen, Germany, is the first museum in the world devoted to a female artist. Modersohn-Becker (1876–1907) was one of the most important early Expressionists, and the museum features key works from each of her creative periods.
71. Haus Tannenberg
Haus Tannenberg, Landhaus Loose is located in Bremen, Burglesum district, Lesum, Benbeckenstraße 19. The house was built until 1852 and then in 1861 according to plans by building director Alexander Schröder. It has been a listed building in Bremen since 1995.
The prisoner-of-war memorial by Herbert Kubica in the Bremen ramparts was dedicated in 1934 to the soldiers of the First World War who died in captivity. Since 1951, an extension of the inscription also commemorates the prisoners of war of the Second World War.
73. Spitzen Gebel
Spitzen Gebel is a historic building in the centre of Bremen, Germany, located at No. 1, Hinter dem Schütting. Its origins date to the year 1400, but it was rebuilt in the Gothic style in 1590 with additions in 1610. Since 1973, it has been a listed building.
74. Speicher I
Speicher I in Bremen-Walle, district Überseestadt, Konsul-Smidt-Straße 8b–j, is one of Bremen's most important buildings. The building was placed under monument protection in 2006 as a cultural monument in Bremen. At the Bremen Monument Preservation Award
The fragment is a sculpture ensemble in Bremen-Mitte, on Rudolf-Hilferding-Platz near the Haus des Reichs, which was erected in 1991 on the 50th anniversary of Rudolf Hilferding's death. It is listed in the list of monuments and statues of the city of Bremen.
76. H.J. Kratschke
The H.-J. Kratschke is a 19 m class rescue cruiser of the Deutsche Gesellschaft zur Rettung Schiffbrüchiger (DGzRS), which was built in 1969 by the Abeking & Rasmussen shipyard in Lemwerder under shipyard no. 6313. The DGzRS internal designation was KRS 03.
The water tower on Werder on Werderstrasse is the oldest water tower in the city of Bremen. The 47 -meter -high building - in popularly also called "upturned chest of drawers" - was part of the Bremen water art with the operator SWB AG on the Stadtwerder.
The gym Ludwig-Jahn-Straße 6 is located in Bremen, district Vegesack, district Fähr-Lobbendorf, Ludwig-Jahn-Straße 6. It was built in 1928/29 according to plans by Johann Meyer from Fähr. The building has been a listed building in Bremen since 2013.
79. Villa Ichon
The Villa Ichon in Bremen (center) in the Ostertorviertel at Goetheplatz 3 and on the Bremen ramparts, dates from 1849 and is known nationwide as a forum for cultural and peace work. On the other side of the building is now the Theater am Goetheplatz.
The Bremen Cotton Exchange was built in 1902 on the market square in Bremen, Germany, to house the offices of the city's cotton exchange founded in 1872. Johann Poppe's Neo-Renaissance facades and carefully finished interiors can still be seen today.
81. Rosen für die Opfer
Bahrsplate is one of more than 85 sub-camps in Bremen-Blumenthal, part of the Hamburg-Newingam Nazi concentration camp. It was built at the end of August 1942, west of Deschimag camp in the former People's Park in Bahrsplate, former Weser Island.
82. Haus Hoogenkamp
Hoogenkamp's house, formerly Landhaus Hucke, is located in Bremen, Oberneuland District, Oberneulander Landstraße 33. It was built in 1825 according to the plan of architect Hinrich Kars. It has been protected by the Bremen Monument since 1973.
The Cathedral Museum in Bremen's St. Peter's Cathedral is an ecumenical museum of Bremen's church history, which was founded in 1987 to house finds from the medieval bishop's graves of the cathedral. It is sponsored by Stiftung Bremer Dom e. V.
84. Haus Mindestroemmen
The house Mindeströmmen is located in Bremen, district Burglesum, district Lesum, Lesmonastraße 70. The house was built in 1903 according to plans by Friedrich Wellermann and Paul Frölich. It has been a listed building in Bremen since 1995.
85. Schweinehirt und seine Herde
The Swineherd and His Herd is a bronze group of figures in Bremen-Mitte at the end of Sögestraße near the streets Am Wall and Herdentorsteinweg. It was erected in 1974 and is listed in the list of monuments and statues of the city of Bremen.
86. Schwoonscher Wasserturm
The water tower of Bremerhaven-Lehe stands in today's city park on Hafenstraße. The more than 150-year-old building from the early days of Bremerhaven's water supply – also called Schwoonscher Wasserturm after its builder Melchior Schwoon.
87. H. W. M. Olbers
In 1848, sculptor Carl Steinhauser built a monument in Rome to Heinrich William Olbers, a famous doctor and astronomer in Bremen. It was built in 1850 in Wallanlagen, Bremen. The building has been protected by historical monuments since 1973.
88. St. Martini
St. Martin's Church is a church building in the Burglesum district of Bremen, Germany. It is located on a hill above the Lesum in the centre of the district of the same name between the streets An der Lesumer Kirche and Hindenburgstraße.
The bronze monument on the wall of Theodore Korner in Bremen was built for the poet and fighter in the Liberation War, donated by the citizens of Hanseatic City and erected in 1865. It has been listed as a historical monument since 1973.
90. Altes Kraftwerk
The List of Cultural Monuments in Bremen-Hafen lists all cultural monuments in Bremen's Hafenen. This also includes the district Stadtbremisches Überseehafengebiet Bremerhaven, surrounded by Bremerhaven, which has its own table here.
The building Bremer Tabakbörse in Bremen, district Walle, district Überseestadt, Speicherhof 1 / corner north of the Europahafen, was built in 1961/62 according to plans by Erik Schott during the reconstruction of the Bremen ports.
Havenhaus in Vegesack is an architectural monument at 12 Vegesacker Hafen Street in Bremen. Built in the 19th century, it was the official residence of the Vegesack Port Authority director and is now used as a restaurant and hotel.
93. Sitzendes Paar
The sculpture Seated Couple stands in Bremen's Neustadt district in the green area on Schulstraße at the corner of Neustadtscontrescarpe, near Leibnizplatz. It is listed in the list of monuments and statues of the city of Bremen.
94. Mausoleum Knoop
The Mausoleum Knoop is located in Bremen, district Walle, district Walle, Im Freien Meer 32, on the Waller cemetery. It was built until 1880 according to plans by the architect Gustav Runge and the sculptor Diedrich Samuel Kropp.
Loriot Sofa is a bronze monument, a sculpture of Bremen-Mitt, located in front of the entrance of Radio Bremen in Diepenau. It was founded in 2013 in honor of Vicco von Bülow, whose TV series Loriot was produced by Radio Bremen.
96. St. Michaelskirche
St. Michael's Church in Bremen - Vegesack, Grohn district, Friedrich-Humbert-Straße 133 and Grohner Bergstraße 1, dates from 1908. It belongs to the Evangelical Lutheran parish of St. Michael of the Bremen Evangelical Church.
97. Beim Bade
The Badestubenbrunnen with the sculpture Beim Bade, also called Die fröhlichen Badden, is located in Bremen-Mitte in the Schnoor, on Stavendamm near the Schifferhaus. It is listed in the list of fountains of the city of Bremen.
The Gerhard Marcks Museum or Gerhard Marcks House is a museum in Bremen, Germany, inspired by the work of the sculptor and graphic artist Gerhard Marcks. The museum exhibits contemporary sculpture, including the work of Marcks.
99. Aufgehender Mond
The Rising Moon is a sculpture in Bremen-Mitte in front of the entrance façade of the former post office 5, An der Weide 50, at Bremen Central Station. It is listed in the list of monuments and statues of the city of Bremen.
100. Landhaus Böving
Landhaus Böving is located in Bremen, Oberneuland district, Oberneulander Landstraße 65. It was built around 1815 and rebuilt in 1922 according to plans by Walter Görig. It has been a listed building in Bremen since 1984.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.