Here you can book tickets, guided tours and other activities in Prague:Tickets and guided tours on Viator*
Explore interesting sights in Prague, Czechia. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 100 sights are available in Prague, Czechia.List of cities in Czechia Sightseeing Tours in Prague
1. Lobkowicz PalaceBook Ticket*
The Lobkowicz Palace, formerly also the Palace of Přehořovský of Kvasejovice, is a Baroque building located in Vlašská Street 347/19 in Prague's Lesser Town. Together with the adjacent Lobkowicz Garden, it is protected as a cultural monument. The palace houses the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany.
2. Českobratrská modlitebna
The Evangelical Church at the parish congregation of the Evangelical Church of Czech Brethren is a sacral building built between 1930 and 1931 in Prague's Smíchov district, in Na Doubkové Street. The author of his ideological design was Filip Křížek, whose son Jaroslav designed the building. However, the congregation did not have enough funds for the construction of the church, so it decided to issue lottery tickets, the proceeds of which helped to cover part of the costs. Nevertheless, the corps went into debt and paid off its repayments until the Second World War. The ceremonial opening of the new church took place on September 28, 1931 and the first sermon was delivered by university professor František Bednář. At the beginning of the 21st century, members of the congregation considered a major reconstruction of the interior of the house. The representatives of the choir first chose a design by architect Hana Seho, but it did not receive the support of other members of the choir, and therefore it was abandoned. Another selection procedure resulted in the design of the MCA studio, which is eventually implemented.
3. Lesser Town Bridge Tower
The Malostranské Bridge towers are two stylishly different unequal high Prague towers forming the entrance from the Charles Bridge to the Malá Strana on the royal road at the beginning of Most. Medieval bridges were mostly a tower on each end. However, Charles Bridge has two towers on the Lesser Town bank, connected by a large Gothic gate. The lower tower is called Juditina and is older than Charles Bridge, and the higher tower was built only after its completion. The towers with the gate consisted of an important part of the Lesser Town fortifications at a time when the smaller city of Prague - today's Malá Strana - was a separate territory. In the event of an invasion of foreign troops, an armed crew could resort to the towers that prevented the enemies from crossing the bridge. But even in peaceful times, the armed guards showed the entry that there would be no disturbances.
Rokoška is a homestead in Prague 8, Libeň. Of the original buildings, only the Rococo chateau standing on the ridge of a high hill has been preserved, into which the homestead was rebuilt in the last quarter of the 18th century by its then owner Prokop Gindely. According to other sources, however, the author of the reconstruction is a Prague burgher J. Štembera. There used to be scattered vineyards around the building, which were later combined into one whole. After 1836 J. Lendecke bought the building and converted it into a sugar refinery. From 1890 there was a poorhouse in the building. In 1903 the chateau was bought by the Prague municipality and a municipal educator was established there. With regard to the need for larger premises for the nanny, the construction of the tutor building east of the chateau began in 1907, to which the nursery later moved.
5. Vávrova vyhlídka
Branické skály is a natural monument in Prague-Braník, which was declared on April 29, 1968. and in the central list of the Nature Conservation Agency of the Czech Republic is registered under the number 28. The Branické rocks form the western slope of Dobeška Hill with a former quarry on the right bank of the Vltava River in Braník, near the Přístaviště public transport stop. They are bordered on the east by Na Dobešce Street, on the west by Modřanská Street, on the north by Vysoká cesta Street and on the south by the Old Way, which separates them from Školní vrch. The protected area occupies an area of 9.1 hectares at an altitude of between 190 and 264 m above sea level and includes Školní vrch and the Branické skály rocks themselves with the Dobeška forest park. The protected area is administered by the Prague City Hall.
6. La Fabrika
La Fabrika is a cultural space located in Prague's Holešovice district. It originated from two interconnected factory buildings from the beginning of the twentieth century, located between Dělnická, Komunardů and Přístavní streets, according to the designs of the KAVA studio. La Fabrice's industrial origin has given it a special charm and originality. At present, this center is a multipurpose space where, in addition to the theater, concerts, exhibitions, film screenings, multimedia exhibitions, performances, lectures, workshops, various social gatherings, acrobatic performances, requiring non-traditional spatial solutions, take place. Actors working in La Fabrica include Tatiana Vilhelmová, Anna Polívková, Martha Issová, Vojtěch, Jakub Prachař and the ensembles 420 PEOPLE, HOLEKTIV, SPOLUHRA and others.
7. Divadlo V Dlouhé
Divadlo v Dlouhé is a repertoire theatre with a permanent group of actors established in 1996 as a set financed by the Municipality of Prague. The group of actors comprises graduates of the Theatre Academy of Musical Arts, part of the actors have studied in the Department of Alternative and Marionette Theatre of this Academy. The young group is highly talented in terms of dance and music. The repertoire spans from great dramatic stories to non-traditional cabarets. The Theatre holds the Child in Dlouhá / Dítě v Dlouhé festival at which the most interesting plays for children's theatre are featured. Divadlo v Dlouhé was nominated several times for Alfréd Radok Award in the category Theatre of the Year. Grabbe's Don Juan and Faust and Sestra Úzkost won the category Performance of the Year.
8. Husův sbor
The Jan Hus Congregation of the Czechoslovak Hussite Church in Prague-Holešovice is located in Farského Street in house No. 1386/3, near Strossmayer Square. The street is named after Karel Farský, the founder and first patriarch of the Czechoslovak Hussite Church. The Jan Hus Congregation in Holešovice was built in 1935–1937 according to a design by architect František Kubelka as a multi-purpose new building. On the ground floor of the apartment building there was a prayer room, lined with marble, and in the underground a columbarium, considered one of the largest in Europe. The dominant feature of the building is a Byzantine cross in the façade and a modernist tower with a chalice. The poet František Hrubín lived in the residential part of the Hus Congregation.
9. U Jákobova žebříku
The Church at Jacob's Ladder is a sacral building of the Kobylis congregation of the Evangelical Church of Czech Brethren built in the northern part of Prague, in Kobylisy, in the street U Školské zahrady. Its construction was planned at the time of political relaxation at the end of the sixties of the 20th century as a replacement for the unsatisfactory, until then used provisional prayer room. The architect of the building is the Swiss Ernst Gisel and its ceremonial opening took place in 1971. Subsequently, in 1995 and 2001, the building was reconstructed and rebuilt according to the designs of Czech architects Radovan Schaufler and Jakub Roskovec, during which a bell tower with two bells was also built at the church.
10. The Leopold Gate
The Leopold Gate is an early Baroque gate in Vyšehrad, Prague. Located in V pevnosti Street, it is part of the Vyšehrad Citadel. The gate was built between 1653 and 1672, the exact year of commencement and completion of the construction is unknown. It was probably built according to the architectural design of Carlo Lurago, whose drawing of the building has been preserved. The Leopold Gate forms the entrance to the inner Vyšehrad fortress. Although it was part of the fortification system by architect Giuseppe Priami, it never served a military purpose. It has been functionally used since the middle of the 19th century, when a road between the New Town and Pankrác was built through Vyšehrad.
11. Křižovnické náměstí
Křižovnické Square in Prague is situated on the Old Town (right) bank of the Vltava River in the immediate vicinity of the Charles Bridge on the Royal Route. It is one of the smallest squares in Prague, yet it is one of the most visited places in the capital. In the Middle Ages, a branch of the Vltava River flowed through here, separating the Island of the Knights of the Cross, from which an arch was vaulted to the Old Town bank in the 19th century, thus increasing the area of the square by the area next to the Bridge Tower. The island, as well as the square, is named after the monastery of the Knights of the Cross on the north side of the square, which partly stands on this island.
12. svatý Jan Nepomucký
The Roman Catholic Chapel of St. John of Nepomuk in Prague 6-Dejvice at the intersection of U Matěje and Starý streets is the only preserved of the twelve early Baroque chapels from the 2nd half of the 17th century, which lined the pilgrimage path from Růžek to the Church of St. Matěj. The chapel was significantly modified in 1876. At the end of the 90s of the 20th century, the chapel was reconstructed without the knowledge of the monument authorities into its present form, during which the classicist stucco decoration was removed. The polychrome and gilded wooden statue of John of Nepomuk from the end of the 18th century, which used to stand in a niche, is stored in the rectory.
13. Z vlastního rozhodnutí
By my own decision – Memento mori is a monument in Prague's Folimanka Park, which is dedicated to the memory of people who voluntarily ended their lives by jumping from the Nusle Bridge. The monument was designed and created by sculptor Krištof Kintera. It consists of a ten-meter-high street lamp whose light is directed up to the bridge. On the lamp post is riveted at roughly the level of human eyes a sign with the inscription "Memento mori – to those who took their lives in these places of their own volition." Originally, the number of people who died under the bridge was supposed to be listed on the sign, but because the exact number is unknown, this plan was abandoned.
14. Malá Pálffyovská zahrada
The Palffy Garden is located in Prague's Lesser Town below the Castle. In the north it borders with the garden Na Valech, in the south it connects to the building of the Palffy Palace. It borders on the Ledebour Garden to the west and the Kolovratská Garden to the east. It is a Baroque garden founded by Anna Marie of Füstenberk in 1751. It bears the name of Count Eduard Pálffa of Erdöd, who bought the palace in 1881, today called Pálffyovský. Functionally, it is divided into Small and Large. Today, the garden is part of the paid exposition of palace gardens. Together with the Palffy Palace, it is protected as a cultural monument of the Czech Republic.
15. svatý Cyril a Metoděj
Roman Catholic Church of St. Cyril and Methodius in Prague-Nebušice was built between 1885 and 1886 in the middle of this village. The single-nave church in the neo-Romanesque style was equipped with contemporary interior furnishings. The main entrance to the church is from the south side, the west side is dominated by a tower with a square ground plan with two bells. The main altar is decorated with a sculpture of the patrons of this church, at the altar of the Virgin Mary there is a baptismal font made of red marble. The organ was made in 1886 by Prague organ builder Karel Schiffner, brother of Jindřich Schiffner. Near the church there is a vicarage.
16. Žižkovské divadlo Járy Cimrmana
The Jára Cimrman Theatre is a Prague theatre company operating since the late 60s. His repertoire consists of comic plays by Ladislav Smoljak and Zdeněk Svěrák on the theme of the fictional Czech genius Jára Cimrman, who is claimed to be the original author of these plays. Traditionally, only men perform in the theatre, with a few exceptions without acting education. It is one of the most successful and popular Czech authorial theatres and Czech post-war theatres at all. Since 1992 he has been working at the Jára Cimrman Theatre in Žižkov, p. o., where the Cimrman English Theatre also performs plays by the Jára Cimrman Theatre in English.
17. Theatre on the Balustrade
The Theatre on the Balustrade is situated in Prague, Czech Republic. The theatre was founded in 1958. Its founders - Helena Philipová, Ivan Vyskočil, Jiří Suchý and Vladimír Vodička named their professional theatre after a street leading from the square to the river. Its first production, a musical collage titled If a Thousand Clarinets, was premiered on 9 December 1958. Three months later Ladislav Fialka and his mime group joined the company with their production Pantomime on the Balustrade, and brought back fame to the almost forgotten theatre genre. Drama and mime companies coexisted at the theatre till Fialka's death in 1991.
18. Botanical garden Malešice
The Malešice Botanical Garden is one of three important botanical gardens in Prague. It was originally created as a park of the Jirásek Villa. It is located on the southwestern slope of Tábor Hill in Malešice, in a small part of this district, which extends into the city district of Prague 9. This botanical garden belongs to the secondary horticultural school in Jarov and is mainly associated with horticultural apprenticeships. The director of the botanical garden is Jaroslav Čuba. The garden is open to the public free of charge, until 2019 only on school days, since 2020 it is open daily in the season from May to October.
19. Zvěstování Přesvaté Bohorodice
The Church of the Annunciation of the Virgin Mary Na trávníčku, or the Orthodox Church of the Annunciation of the Most Holy Theotokos, is a small Gothic building built next to the Servite monastery. It is located below Vyšehrad in the valley of the Prague stream Botič, in Prague's New Town. The church is dedicated to the Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and together with the monastery has been a monument since 1958. It was founded by Charles IV on 24.3.1360 and built between 1360 and 1375. Its current appearance is mostly in the Neo-Gothic style. It has been used by the Orthodox Church since 1995.
20. National Gallery in Prague - Trade Fair Palace
The National Gallery in Prague, since 2018 presenting itself under the name National Gallery Prague and the abbreviation NGP, is a state organization managing the largest collection of fine arts in the Czech Republic. The gallery originated from a privately initiated picture gallery, which from the end of the 18th century publicly exhibited originally borrowed paintings, gaining its current character in the 1st half of the 20th century. He exhibits art from his collections in permanent exhibitions and exhibitions in several buildings in Prague and beyond, all of which are important cultural monuments.
21. Obětem náletu 14.2.1945
Prague, the capital and largest city of the German-occupied Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia, was bombed several times by the Allies during World War II. The first Allied aircraft to fly over Prague was a single bomber of the French Air Force in April 1940, but it dropped propaganda leaflets, not bombs. The first bombing mission was flown by the Royal Air Force (RAF) in October 1941. Prague was then bombed three times by the United States Army Air Forces between the fall of 1944 and spring of 1945. During the Prague uprising of 5–9 May 1945, the Luftwaffe made use of bombers against the rebels.
22. Nalezení svatého Kříže
The Baroque temples of St. Croce and St. Helena are located in Prague-Stodo š lky, in a section called H á je, outside of construction, on the south side of railway line 122, between Praha-Stodo š t lky station and Praha-Zlic í n railway station, about 150 meters west of Jeremi á š ov street, opposite B á nek bus station in Ha á ju č i č ek street. Around the temple, the gravel-dry pavement runs from Jeremiah Street to the Garden Settlement and Haya Courtyard. From Hatch's yard, it leads to the hall of communication. Temples are protected as cultural monuments in the Czech Republic.
23. Libeňská vodárenská věž
The Libeň water tower at the intersection of today's Davídkova and Na Slovance streets in Prague was built in 1904 by František Schlaffer. It was part of the water supply system fed from the Káraný water source and supplied drinking water to the lower parts of Libeň. It ceased to fulfill its role in the late sixties of the 20th century. The tower in the style of a Dutch lighthouse is 42 meters high, on a circular ground plan. Up to 178 m³ of water could be placed in the tower water tank. Since 1991 it has been protected as a cultural monument of the Czech Republic.
Uhříněves Chateau is a Renaissance monument located in the Prague district of the same name. It is a rectangular two-storey building with an indistinct central bay, which is connected to other farm buildings from the north. The chateau was built at the end of the 16th century by Jan Smiřický, whose manor house forms the core of the castle building. From 1626 the estate with the castle was owned by the Liechtensteins. In 1639 the castle was burnt down by the Swedes. It was modified into its present form by Jan A. of Liechtenstein in 1711.
25. svatý Václav
The Church of St. Wenceslas is located in the middle of the Bohnice psychiatric hospital opposite the main entrance. It is an important work of architect and designer Václav Roštlapil, among others the author of the Straka Academy – the seat of the government of the Czech Republic. The church is built in Art Nouveau style and the construction work was carried out by the company of a prominent First Republic businessman and politician Otakar Nekvasil. Despite the historical circumstances, the church currently serves its original purpose.
26. lavička Ferdinanda Vaňka
FerdinandaVa á ka is an art building located in the public area in front of the National Technical Library (NTK) building on the Dejvice campus of Prague 6 University. The building was selected by a jury composed of representatives and experts from Prague District 6. The bench made as a tribute to Vaclav Havel was solemnly unveiled on 18th. December 2017, exactly six years after his death. Lavi č ky FerdinandVa á ka's position in Prague District 6 is due to V á clavHavel's long life in this urban area and being her honorary citizen.
27. Michelská synagoga
The Michel Synagogue is a former Jewish prayer room, located in Prague's Michle on the bank of the Botič stream, in the street U Michelského mlýna No. 124. It is probably one of the most interesting and beautiful historical buildings in Michle, and at the same time one of the few suburban synagogues that were not destroyed during the occupation. At present, the synagogue is used as a prayer room by the congregation of Albert Schweitzer of the Czechoslovak Hussite Church. The building is protected as a cultural monument.
28. Daniel Adam z Veleslavína
The monument of Daniel Adam of Veleslavín is a bronze monument to the Czech humanist, publisher and printer Daniel Adam of Veleslavín (1546–1599), built on the site in front of the former homestead No. 421/11, which belonged to his father Štěpán Adam, and where Daniel Adam was born. The monument stands in a wooded section of the park at the street U sadu in Prague 6 - Veleslavín. This approximately triangular sloping plot was renamed from a previously nameless orchard to the Daniel Adam of Veleslavín Park in 2002.
29. Sborový dům Milíče z Kroměříže
The Meetinghouse of Milíč of Kroměříž is a church and social centre in Prague's Jižní Město, on the edge of the Litochleby housing estate and the park near the Chodov Fortress, in the territory of Chodov. It belongs to the congregation of the Evangelical Church of Czech Brethren in Jižní město, address Donovalská 2331/53. It was built in 2003–2006. The tower gives the building the features of a church. The meetinghouse is adjacent to the kindergarten building, which served as an asylum center until 2007.
30. svatý Jan Nepomucký
St. John's Nebomutsky Church is a Catholic Baroque church built in 1729 in Grand Churi, Prague, above the Hornbach shopping center. It is located in the Radot í nsko-Chuchelsk â hahy Natural Park, on an asphalt road connecting PodAk á y Street in Grand Chuchli and the Mal á Chuchli Zoo. It consists of A112 cycle lanes, yellow tourist signs and the natural route of Barrandov Rock-Chuchelsk é ho á hy. There is a cemetery near the church overlooking the Vltava Valley. It has been a cultural monument since 1958.
Hadovka Park in Prague-Dejvice is located in the valley of the former Dejvický stream near Staré Dejvice, between the roads of the directionally divided streets Zavadilova and Velvarská. It is crossed by the streets U Dejvického rybníčku, Starodejvická and Komorní. It is part of the green belt, in which it connects to the park located between Evropská and Velvarská streets in the section from Gymnasijní to Kanadská streets, and on the western side there is a strip of parks along Na Differenceu Street.
32. Husův sbor Zbraslav
The Church of Jan Hus Congregation in Zbraslav is a church of the Czechoslovak Hussite Church located in the street Pod Špejcharem 694, at the intersection of Elišky Přemyslovny and Matjuchinova streets in Prague - Zbraslav. The Jan Hus Congregation is not a listed building, but it is a significant dominant feature of Zbraslav. The building was created by rebuilding a former granary, which served for grain storage for over 100 years. The organ inside the choir is protected as an immovable cultural monument.
33. Galerie Rudolfinum
The Rudolfinum Gallery was founded on 1 January. In January 1994, as a national institution, it was managed and funded by the Ministry of Culture of the Czech Republic. It sits alongside the Czech Philharmonic in the historic Neo-Renaissance Rudolfina building in the Old City, which was incorporated in 1994-09. From January 1, 2010 to December 31, 2011, it organized the connection at the Art Industry Museum in Prague. Since January 1, 2012, it has once again become a part of the Czech Philharmonic Orchestra.
34. Panna Marie Bolestná
The Church of Our Lady of Sorrows at the Elizabethan Sisters is a single-nave High Baroque church with a turret in the façade from 1724-1725. It was designed by Kilián Ignác Dientzenhofer as part of the neighbouring Elizabethan convent with the Na Slupi Hospital of St. Elisabeth. Together with the monastery complex, it is protected as a cultural monument of the Czech Republic. It is located in Na Slupi Street at the southern edge of Prague's New Town, south of the Charles University Botanical Garden.
35. svatý Matěj
The Church of St. Matthew in Dejvice is a small Roman Catholic parish church built in 1771 in the Baroque style. It is located together with the adjacent cemetery on a hill above the Šárka valley in Prague 6-Dejvice and forms the dominant feature of the lower Šárka. It falls under the jurisdiction of the Second Prague Vicariate of the Prague Archdiocese. The church dedicated to the Apostle Matěj is the original destination of the St. Matthew's Pilgrimage, known for its gingerbread nativity scenes.
36. Saint Stephen
The St. Stephen's Church is located in Štěpánská street in Prague 2, New Town. It is a church from the second half of the 14th century, which was built near the Romanesque St. Stephen rotunda. The church was dedicated to St. Stephen, traditionally regarded as the first martyr of Christianity, who was, according to the Acts of the Apostles, a deacon in the early church at Jerusalem who aroused the enmity of members of various synagogues by his teachings. And then rotunda was dedicated to St. Longin.
37. Letenská vodárenská věž
The Letna Water Tower or Letna Waterworks is a 38.3 meter high five-storey water building built in the Neo-Renaissance style, located in Prague-Bubenč on Letná not far from the Sparta Prague football stadium at CZK 1000/3. The building currently serves as a library, kindergarten, space for clubrooms and on the top floor there is also a social hall. The tent roof abounds in the dormers, an hourly machine is placed in the superstructure. On the last floor there is an outer gallery located on Krakorec.
38. Divadlo Karla Hackera
The Karel Hacker Theatre is one of the smallest theatres in Prague, founded in Kobylisy in 1913 by local teacher and patriot Karel Hacker. Karel Hacker is also the founder of the amateur puppet ensemble Jiskra, which has been active here to this day. The theatre's repertoire offers theatre performances and concerts for schools and kindergartens, but part of the programme is also intended for the general public. The theatre operates with the financial support of the Department of Culture of Prague 8.
39. Lobkovická zahrada
The Lobkowicz Garden in Prague's Lesser Town is the name of the fenced garden of the Lobkowicz Palace and at the same time one of the parts of the extensive park complex of Petřín Hill. In the system of urban green areas, it belongs to the first category of parks and is part of the tourism routes. Together with the palace, it has been protected as a cultural monument of the Czech Republic since 1 January 1964. Its area is 6.69 ha and it is located at an altitude of 205–305 m above sea level.
Gorlice is an underground hall in casemates inside the walls of Prague's Vyšehrad. It is located in the northeast, 33rd bastion, to the east of the Brick Gate. The hall is vaulted with a barrel vault 13 meters high and has an area of about 330 m². Originally, it served as a gathering place for troops and a warehouse for supplies and ammunition. Gorlice was opened to the public after reconstruction in the 90s of the 20th century. The space is used for exhibitions and theatrical performances.
41. Saint Martin
The Rotunda of St. Martin is located at Vyšehrad, it is the oldest preserved rotunda in Prague. From construction to the present time, the building has undergone many changes, both architecturally and in the way of use. The rotunda was built in the Romanesque style, thanks to later reconstructions this style was preserved through reromanization. The current owner is the Vyšehrad chapter, masses are regularly held in the rotunda and it is possible to look inside by appointment.
42. Kaple svaté Rodiny
Sagrada Familia is located in Vinohrady, Prague, on Nuselsk é hody Street. It was founded in 1755 by Karel LeopoldBepta, a citizen of Prague and chairman of the municipal council, who also left his wealth to her as a vineyard for the estate later known as Vondr á č ka. Bepta is said to have set him up here because people working on his land are "dissolved and very unfettered" and the opportunity to participate in church services should help them get back on the right path.
43. svatý Jiří
The Church of St. George in Hloubětín is a Roman Catholic parish church in Prague, Czech Republic. It is located in Hloubětínská Street in the cadastral area of Hloubětín in the city district of Prague 14. It is a Gothic single-nave church with a number of Neo-Gothic adaptations. The church is the main church of the Hloubětín parish and is administered by the Order of the Knights of the Cross with the Red Star. In 1958 the church was declared an immovable monument.
44. svatý Václav
The Roman Catholic Church of St. Vaclav built a brick-walled bell tower in Prague-Sukhdol in 1755, built in 1704 at the Plague Cemetery by Martin Yezek, a fast worker in dry mines. The village wanted a permanent cemetery, but the dead were also buried in Suchdol as a result of the establishment of a new cemetery at Uneice in 1698. After the church was demolished in 1786, she became desolate. In 1807, dry mine miller Karel Trojan bought it, repaired it and re-sanctified it.
45. Návrat československých perutí RAF
Memorial to the 70th anniversary of the return of Czechoslovak RAF squadrons. On August 24, 2015, a memorial dedicated to the 70th anniversary of the return of Czechoslovak pilots from World War II was unveiled in a small park near the hall of the old Ruzyně Airport in Prague. The memorial is intended to commemorate the event when Czech and Slovak pilots from four Czechoslovak RAF squadrons returned to their liberated homeland from Great Britain on 13 August 1945.
46. svatý Michael archanděl
Church of Saint Michael the Archangel is a church situated in Prague, Czech Republic. It was built in Romanesque and Gothic style and later rebuilt in Baroque style. The priest and church reformer Jan Hus celebrated masses in the church. The church and adjacent monastery were disestablished during the reforms of the Emperor Joseph II in the 18th century. Later, the buildings served as a warehouse. In the crypt, there are buried rectors of the Prague's University.
47. Studio DK;Divadlo Kámen
The Kámen Theatre is an authorial theatre in Prague and the art salon has been operating since 2007 in its own theatre studio for 50 spectators near the Invalidovna metro station in Prague's Karlín district. The Stone Theatre was founded in 1998 and has created around 35 productions during its existence. Initially, it played mainly in several Prague clubs, from 2004 to 2007 it played regularly in the Jára Cimrman Žižkov Theatre and in the Celetná Theatre.
48. Milíčova modlitebna
Milíč's prayer room is a sacral building standing on the corner of the Rectorská streets and at the university farm in Prague 10 -Malešice. Since the end of 2017, the use of the Prague Corps of the Protector's Seniorate of the Evangelical Church of Czech Brethren has been in the use of the Prague -Brethren Church, which also owns the building and the land around it. It is named after the Czech preacher from the 14th century Jan Milíč of Kroměříž.
49. svatý Jakub Větší
The Church of St. James the Greater in Zbraslav is originally a medieval church in the territory of today's Prague district of Zbraslav, which belonged to the premises of the Zbraslav Monastery and also shared its fate. It is normally open to the public as part of regular religious services. In the church there are the remains of the last Přemyslid kings and also a panel painting of the Madonna of Zbraslav, paintings by Karel Škréta and Petr Brandl.
50. Waldstein Garden
The Wallenstein Garden is one of the most distinctive buildings of the Czech early Baroque. It is located in Prague's Lesser Town and is part of the Wallenstein Palace, the seat of the Senate of the Parliament of the Czech Republic. The publicly accessible Italian-style garden with trimmed hedges is equipped with water features, sculptural decorations, a grotto wall and a monumental sala terrena. Occasionally, concerts and exhibitions are held here.
51. Malý Fürstenberský palác
The small Fürstenberg Palace is a smaller building in its late Baroque form in Valdštejnská Street No. 12 in Prague's Lesser Town. The palace was created by merging older buildings under the Kolowrat Garden and is connected to the rear wing of the Kolowrat Palace. Both palaces are part of the seat of the Senate of the Parliament of the Czech Republic, which is a national cultural monument. The palace itself has been a listed building since 1964.
52. Chodovská tvrz
Fortress Chodov is a renovated castle, originally a medieval fortress-the most important monument in the South City, which has been protected since 1958. It was a floor, surrounded by a park, surrounded by an arcade on a beautiful side, almost circular plan, broken in the north by a funnel with a winding entrance. Today, it is used as the cultural home and ceremony hall of Prague 11. The concert is mainly classical music. The gallery is also here.
53. svatý Jan Křtitel Na prádle
The Church of John the Baptist Na Prádle is a Romanesque-Gothic church first mentioned in 1142 in the southern part of the Lesser Town in Prague 1, in the middle of Říční and Všehrdova streets, near Čertovka and Kampa Island. The church is protected as a cultural monument of the Czech Republic. The name reminds us that the church served as a laundry after its abolition. Today it serves as a parish church of the Czechoslovak Hussite Church.
54. svatý Bartoloměj
The Church of St. Bartholomew is a medieval village church belonging to the Roman Catholic parish, located in the city district of Prague 14, in Kyje. It is a single-nave church, which was built in the first half of the 13th century in the late Romanesque style. Inside the church there are still original preserved frescoes depicting biblical scenes and some of the Prague bishops. Since 1958 the building has been protected as a cultural monument.
55. Plavecký stadion Podolí
Podolí Swimming Stadium is a swimming centre in Prague, Czech Republic, which is located on the right side of Vltava river in Podolí neighborhood. It contains two 50 meter-long pools, 33 meter pool for water polo, spa or other facilities including seating for 5000 spectators. It was built between 1959 and 1965 on the site of a former mine. Design of the complex, symbolizing a big water wave, was created by a Czech architect Richard Podzemný.
56. Primátor Jan Podlipný
JanPodlipn will be a Prague lawyer, mayor of Prague (1897-1900) and member of the Czech House of Representatives al-Shabab, the first mayor of the Czech village of Sokolov (1889-1906). He organized the compilation of laws on the national laws of the Czech Kingdom (1882) and was also the executor of the unification of laws. This is a rare figure and a man of noble morality. His wife was Anna Podlipn á, an important center of federal activity.
57. Výstaviště Praha Holešovice
Amusement park in Prague, is situated in the territory of the Prague Fairground Výstaviště Praha in Prague-Bubeneč, nearby Holešovice. It was one of the few grounds in the Czech Republic that permanently hosted amusement attractions like roller coaster and ferris wheel, however, since 2018, those two permanent attractions were removed and are present only during the funfairs seasons. The park host funfairs in spring and autumn seasons.
58. Villa Rothmayer
Villa Rothmayer is the villa of architect Otto Rothmayer (1892–1966) and his wife, textile artist Božena Rothmayerová, née Horneková (1899–1984). It was built according to the plans of architect Otto Rothmayer in 1928–1929 in the style of classicist modernism. The villa with a garden and swimming pool is registered in the list of cultural monuments of the Czech Republic and since August 3, 2010 protected as an immovable monument.
59. Krista spasitele
The Church of Christ the Saviour and the community center Prague-Barrandov, managed by the community of believers in the Roman Catholic parish at the Church of St. Filipa and Jakub Praha-Hlubočepy, is located in Prague 5, Barrandov. The building is intended not only for believers, but for all residents of the Barrandov housing estate. It was completed at the end of 2020 and on 18 October 2021 it was declared the Building of the Year 2021.
60. Saint George
The equestrian statue of Saint George is installed at Prague Castle in Prague, Czech Republic. The bronze sculpture was created in 1373 by Transylvanian Saxon sculptors Martin and Georg of "Clussenberch", today's Cluj. The statue was probably cast in Nagyvárad/Großwardein, today's Oradea, where two other works by the two brothers have stood in the dome square until being melted for their metal in the 17th century during the Turkish wars.
61. The Rolling House
The Rolling House is a sculpture based on a drawing by architect John Hejduk from 1989 created in 2019 by students of the Department of Design II of the Faculty of Architecture of the Czech Technical University as part of the Summer School of Building on the topic of minimal mobile construction, under the leadership of Associate Professor Hana Se. The sculpture was dedicated to the architect Alena Šrámková on her ninetieth birthday.
62. Medvědí kašna
The Bear Fountain in Smíchov is an early Baroque stone fountain in Prague 5-Smíchov, standing since 1945 in the park on the 14th of October Square, situated in the east-west axis between the Church of St. Michael. Wenceslas and the foreground of the Jirásek Bridge, south of the National House and east of the Smíchov Market. The fountain is the work of sculptor Jeroným Kohl and has been protected as a cultural monument since 1964.
Děvín is a prominent hill in Prague above the left bank of the Vltava River, on the border of Hlubočepy and Radlice. The territory is part of the Prokopské and Dalejské údolí Nature Parks, the peak falls within the Prokopské údolí National Nature Reserve. On the northern side of the hill there is a natural monument Ctirad, from the south, east and north the hill is bordered by the arch of the railway line Prague Semmering.
64. Saint Martin in the Wall
The Church of St. Martin in the Wall is a Gothic church with Romanesque grounds, situated in the Old Town of Prague, Czech Republic. It was built between 1178 and 1187 in the village of Újezd, thereafter known as Újezd u svatého Martina. The south wall of the church was built adjacent to the walls of the Old Town, hence the full name of the church "in the wall". The church belongs to the Evangelical Church of Czech Brethren.
65. Panna Maria Vítězná
The Church of Our Lady Victorious at White Mountain in Řepy in Prague 17 is a place of pilgrimage near the site of the Battle of White Mountain. Located north of Karlovarská Street and southeast of the White Mountain proper in the cadastral area of Řepy, it is also one of the most important monuments of this district. The pilgrimage area with the Church of Our Lady Victorious has been a national cultural monument since 2018.
66. Nanebevzetí Panny Marie
The Church of the Ascension of Notre Dame of Lower Po č nice is the Roman Catholic parish church of Lower Po č nice. It was built around 1200 AD and adopts Roman style. The church near the castle has been rebuilt many times, in Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque styles. In 1887, it was fundamentally reconstructed in Novoroman style; The interior was completed in 1904. Since 1958, it has been listed in the cultural relics list.
The Na pískách pub, known locally as U Tyšerů and later nicknamed Houtyš, was located in a house on the corner of Na Hanspaulce and Krocínovská streets in the Hanspaulka residential area of Prague's Dejvice. From the mid-70s to the early 90s of the 20th century, it became the cultural center of the Hanspaul Musical-Literary Society. After that, the restaurant ceased operations and offices are located in its premises.
68. Prague State Opera
The State Opera is an opera house in Prague, Czech Republic. It is part of the National Theatre of the Czech Republic, founded by Ministry of Culture of the Czech Republic in 1992. The theatre itself originally opened in 1888 as the New German Theatre and from 1949 to 1989 it was known as the Smetana Theatre. More recently it was renamed the Prague State Opera. Currently it is home to approximately 300 performances a year.
69. Paví vrch
Pavaví vrch (281 m above sea level) is the hill in Prague-Smíchov, above the fold of Radlická Street. The southern slope consists of a hillside of the Radlický brook valley. On the north side is the Santoška Park. To the top of the hill is the street above Santoškou, which is followed by the serpentine street on Pilk Hill and nameless purpose -built road. For pedestrians, the hill is accessible from several sides.
The fountain with the allegorical statue of the Vltava River, also called the Terezka Fountain, is a fountain with a statue of a young girl by sculptor Václav Prachner made according to a design by Josef Bergler. Since 1812 it has been located on the southern side of Mariánské Square in the wall of the Clam-Gallas Palace in Prague's Old Town. Until 1791, the Church of the Virgin Mary Na louži stood in its place.
71. Pomáhat a chránit
The Police of the Czech Republic is the national law enforcement agency of the Czech Republic. It was established on 15 July 1991 under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of the Interior. The agency is tasked with protecting citizens, property and public order and as of 2015, there were around 40,500 employees. Czech state police cooperates with municipal police departments, which are present in local municipalities.
Malovanka, originally called Peterka was a farm, after which Malovanka is called the entire adjacent area of Střešovice, near Petynka in Prague 6 - Břevnov. The owner of the homestead was Peterka in the 18th century, whose name the homestead previously bore. In that century there used to be a coaching tavern. The name Malovanka probably got from the nearby Strahov Gate, which was said to be nicely painted.
73. Kaizlovy sady
Kaizlovy sady is a public park in Prague 8-Karlín. They are located to the west of the Invalidovna building between U Invalidovny, Sokolovská and Hybešova streets. They have an area of 1.7 hectares and lie at an altitude of 186 meters. They were named after university professor and lawyer Josef Kaizl. They are connected to the park in front of Invalidovna, before 1989 both parks were called Hakenovy sady.
74. Maroldovo panorama
Marold's panorama The Battle of Lipany is a panoramic painting and the largest painting in the Czech Republic that captures a historical event. It represents the Battle of Lipany, which took place on 30 May 1434 near Lipany in Central Bohemia. The painting is 11 m high, 95 m wide and the stretched canvas occupies an area of 1,045 m². The author of the painting is Luděk Marold, other painters cooperated.
75. Saint Ignatius
St. Ignatius Church is a church in Prague, Czech Republic. Located on Charles Square, the church was designed by Carlo Lurago in the early Baroque style, and built between 1655 and 1677. The church was built as part of the new Nove Mesto residence of the city's Jesuits, the third largest Jesuit complex in Europe, and dedicated to their patron saint and founder of the Jesuit Order, St. Ignatius of Loyola.
76. Mariánský sloup
The Marian column of Prague is a religious monument consisting of a column topped with a statue of the Virgin Mary, located in the city's Old Town Square. The original column was erected in 1650, shortly after the conclusion of the Thirty Years' War. It was demolished in November 1918, coinciding with the fall of Austria-Hungary. In 2020, the column was reconstructed, being completed on 15 August 2020.
77. Saint Apollinaire
The Church of St. Apollinaire is located in New Town in Prague in the street Apolinarska on the hill called Vetrov. This Gothic church was built approximately between years 1360–1390. The church was established by Charles IV in 1362. Nowadays Roman Catholic Church is located here but it was administrated also by the Chemin Neuf community. The church is protected as a cultural heritage since 1958.
78. Národní pedagogické muzeum a knihovna J. A. Komenského
The Pedagogical Museum of J. A. Comenius is an older name of a specialized museum institution dedicated to pedagogy and the history of Czech education. Since 1.7.2011 it has been part of an institution called the National Pedagogical Museum and Library of J. A. Comenius. It is located in Valdštejnská Street in Prague's Lesser Town, opposite the main building of the Senate of the Czech Republic.
79. National Museum of Agriculture
The National Agricultural Museum in Prague Na Letná is located in Kostelní Street in Prague 7. The functionalist building in close proximity to the National Technical Museum building is also the main exhibition building and the administrative headquarters of the institution, which has a number of other workplaces, where individual sub -collections and scientific are located curator workplaces.
80. Bernardo O'Higgins
Bernardo O'Higgins Riquelme was a Chilean independence leader who freed Chile from Spanish rule in the Chilean War of Independence. He was a wealthy landowner of Basque-Spanish and Irish ancestry. Although he was the second Supreme Director of Chile (1817–1823), he is considered one of Chile's founding fathers, as he was the first holder of this title to head a fully independent Chilean state.
81. Kolovratska Garden
The Kolovratsk á garden belongs to the palace garden beneath Prague Castle. It winds along steep slopes behind the Kolovratsk and Furstenberg palaces. It covers an area of about 0.07 hectares and is located at an altitude of 192-225 meters. Meters. Separated from the street and two palaces, the courtyard. It has been listed as a cultural heritage along with the Kolovratsk á Palace since 1964.
82. Brána nenávratna
The Gate of Irretrievability, designed by Aleš Veselý, is a monumental symbol of the place where wartime transports of Jews to concentration camps passed. It was erected on 9 March 2015 at the Bubny railway station, which is to become a memorial commemorating the place from where 50,000 Jewish citizens of Czechoslovakia were deported to the ghettos in Łódź and Terezín during World War II.
83. zámek Koloděje
Koloděje Chateau is a castle rebuilt into a Baroque chateau in Koloděje in Prague. It is located in the Prague-Koloděje city district at the eastern outskirts of Prague. It was built near the core of the former village of Koloděje in the entrance part of the extensive Kolodějská game preserve reserved towards Hájek. The castle is protected as a cultural monument of the Czech Republic.
84. Vinohradská vodárenská věž
Vinohrady Water Tower is a building in Vinohrady in Prague 10 which was originally built as a water tower. Today its architecture is recognized as culturally important although it is now converted to accommodate offices and apartments. The viewing platform at the top is 40 metres above the street level. It’s tourism helps pay for over 20,000 dollars worth of repairs and maintenance a year.
85. Nanebevzetí Panny Marie
The Chapel of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary in Klamovka is a Baroque building from the 17th century and is the oldest sanctuary in the territory of today's Košíře parish. The current appearance of the chapel is from 1752. It is located on the corner of Plzeňská and Podbělohorská streets near the border with Prague's Košíře district, in the lower part of the Klamovka complex.
86. Stětí svatého Jana Křtitele
The Church of the Beheading of St. John the Baptist in Dolní Chabry is a Romanesque filial church standing on a small hill of Bílenecké Square in Prague-Dolní Chabry. It is a Romanesque rectangular church with an apse and Romanesque paintings. Under the church, the foundations of three older sanctuaries have been preserved, of which the rotunda had a floor covered with embossed tiles.
87. Farní sbor Českobratrské církve evangelické Střešovice
The Evangelical Church in Střešovice stands at the address of the square Before the batteries 950/22 on the plot number 177 in the cadastral area of Střešovice. It was built in 1937–1939 by architect Bohumír Kozák, a member of the parish congregation of the Evangelical Church of Czech Brethren in Prague 6 – Střešovice, who uses this church as his prayer room and meetinghouse.
88. Divadlo pod Palmovkou
Palmovka Theatre, also known as the Theatre S. K. Neumann, Divadlo pod Palmovkou and the Urban and Regional Theatre, is a classic drama theatre located in the Prague district of Libeň at the bottom of Zenklova street in Prague near the intersection and subway station Palmovka. In addition to the main stage it has the attic theatre, a small studio theatre for more intimate performances.
89. Nejsvětější Trojice
The Roman Catholic Chapel of the Holy Trinity in Prague-Dejvice is located in the middle of the central green belt of Nad Komornickou Street. Previously, it belonged to the nearby homestead Hadovka. The late Baroque building, whose ground plan has the shape of a triple leaf with an attached vestibule, was built after 1750 by the then owner of the estate, parish priest Antonín Messler.
90. svatý Michael
The Roman Catholic Chapel of St. Michael the Archangel in Prague-Dejvice was built between 1691 and 1700 at the Pernikářka homestead. On 6 October 1693 the chapel was consecrated. At the time of the chapel's construction, there were vineyards in the area, now it is surrounded by the Hanspaulka villa district and lies near the intersection of Duchoslávka and Na Pernikářce streets.
91. Hotel Paris Prague
Hotel Paris Prague is a 5-star luxury hotel in Prague, Czech Republic. It is located in the centre of Prague in Old Town. It was built in 1904 according to plans of Jan Vejrych. Its architectural style is a mixture of Art Nouveau and Gothic Revival. It featured as a location in Bohumil Hrabal's book I Served the King of England. In 1984 it was declared as a historical monument.
92. svatí Petr a Pavel
The Church of St. Peter and Paul in Řeporyje is a Roman Catholic filial church in the Baroque style with an original Romanesque tower. It is located on a slightly elevated position and thus dominates the southern part of Řeporyjské Square in Prague 5-Řeporyje. It belongs to the administration of the parish at the Church of the Beheading of St. John the Baptist in Ořech.
93. Panny Marie Altöttinské
The Chapel of Our Lady of Altöttin stands in Prague and was founded by the Theatin Order. Specifically, it stands in the city district of Břevnov between the former homesteads Kajetánka and Petynka in the valley below Tejnkou, which stretches from Břevnov towards Prague. The chapel is not far from Radimova Street No. 447 It stands on an untreated plot and has no purpose.
94. Herkulova kašna
Hercules is located in the Royal Garden in Prague at Prague Castle. It dates back to 1670 and was created by sculptor Jan Jiří Bendl. The sculpture depicts Hercules fighting with the three-headed Kerberus. From its mouth, water gushes into a smaller shell-shaped tank and from there flows into the lower, larger bowl. The fountain is set in a massive, richly decorated niche.
95. zámek Veleslavín
Veleslavín Chateau is a one-storey Baroque building located in Prague's Veleslavín district. The entire chateau area is protected as a cultural monument of the Czech Republic, which is owned by the Office for the Representation of the State in Property Matters. Since the beginning of the 20th century, it has served medical purposes. In 2019, it was offered for rent again.
96. Všech svatých
The Church of All Saints in Slivenec is an early Gothic parish church built in the second half of the 13th century. It underwent modifications in 1693 and especially in 1889 according to the design by architect A. V. Barvitius. The church with the parish is located in the city district of Prague 5-Slivenec, of which it is the oldest and most important historical monument.
97. Trauttmannsdorfský palác
Trauttmansdorff Palace or Trčka Palace is a classicist palace located in Loretánská Street No. 180/6 in Hradčany in Prague 1. It is named after the Austrian family of Trauttmansdorff. The palace is protected as a cultural monument of the Czech Republic. Since October 2019, the palace has housed some departments of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic.
98. Žižkov Television Tower
The Žižkov Television Tower is a transmitter tower built in Prague between 1985 and 1992. Designed by the architect Václav Aulický and the structural engineer Jiří Kozák, it stands high above the city's traditional skyline from its position on top of a hill in the district of Žižkov, from which it takes its name. The tower is an example of high-tech architecture.
99. Nová libeňská synagoga
The New Libeň Synagogue is located in Prague 8 at the Palmovka crossroads. Today it is used sporadically for cultural purposes, several times a year it is used by members of the Prague Jewish Community, mainly by the Czech Union of Jewish Youth, for its original purpose, i.e. for worship, most recently for example the celebration of Passover in the spring of 2019/5779.
100. Max van der Stoel
The Max van der Stoel Monument is a work of art that commemorates the Dutch politician Max van der Stoel and his support for Charter 77. The monument in the shape of a tree shadow is located in the Max van der Stoel Park in Prague 6. Its authors are sculptor Dominik Lang and architect Jakub Červenka. The work was created in 2017 at the instigation of the Dutch Embassy.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.