Explore interesting sights in Innsbruck, Austria. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 30 sights are available in Innsbruck, Austria.Sightseeing Tours in Innsbruck
1. Wilten AbbeyBook Ticket*
Wilten Abbey is a Premonstratensian monastery founded in 1138 by Bishop Reginbert of Brixen in Wilten, a district of Innsbruck, the capital of the Austrian state of Tyrol, located at the foot of the Bergisel Mountain.
2. HofburgBook Ticket*
The Hofburg is a former Habsburg palace in Innsbruck, Austria, and considered one of the three most significant cultural buildings in the country, along with the Hofburg Palace and Schönbrunn Palace in Vienna. The Hofburg is the main building of a large residential complex once used by the Habsburgs that still includes the Noblewomen's Collegiate Foundation, the Silver Chapel, the Hofkirche containing Emperor Maximilian's cenotaph and the Schwarzen Mandern, the Theological University, the Tyrolean Folk Art Museum, Innsbruck Cathedral, the Congress, and the Hofgarten.
3. Cathedral of St. James
Innsbruck Cathedral, also known as the Cathedral of St. James, is an eighteenth-century Baroque cathedral of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Innsbruck in the city of Innsbruck, Austria, dedicated to the apostle Saint James, son of Zebedee. Based on designs by the architect Johann Jakob Herkomer, the cathedral was built between 1717 and 1724 on the site of a twelfth-century Romanesque church. The interior is enclosed by three domed vaults spanning the nave, and a dome with lantern above the chancel. With its lavish Baroque interior, executed in part by the Asam brothers, St. James is considered among the most important Baroque buildings in the Tyrol.
4. Golden Roof Museum
The Goldenes Dachl is a landmark structure located in the Old Town (Altstadt) section of Innsbruck, Austria. It is considered the city's most famous symbol. Completed in 1500, the roof was decorated with 2,657 fire-gilded copper tiles for Emperor Maximilian I to mark his wedding to Bianca Maria Sforza. The Emperor and his wife used the balcony to observe festivals, tournaments, and other events that took place in the square below.
5. Tiroler Kaiserjägermuseum
The Tyrolean Kaiserjägermuseum is a museum on the history of the infantry troops of the k.u.k. Kaiserjäger in Innsbruck, opened on 4 October 1880. Together with the Tirol Panorama, with which it is connected underground, it is one of the five houses of the Tyrolean State Museums under the name Tirol Panorama mit Kaiserjägermuseum. Within the museum there is also the Andreas Hofer Gallery and the Tyrolean Hall of Honour.
6. Tiroler Landestheater Großes Haus
The Tyrolean State Theatre in Innsbruck is the state theatre in Innsbruck, Austria, located near the historic Altstadt section of the city. The theatre is surrounded by Imperial Hofburg, the Hofgarten, and SOWI Faculty of the University of Innsbruck. The main theatre has about 800 seats and the studio theatre in the basement has around 250. Plays, operas, operettas, musicals and dance theatre are performed at the theatre.
7. Glockengießerei Grassmayr
The Grassmayr Bell Foundry is a maker of church bells founded more than 400 years ago in Innsbruck, Austria. The business was founded by Bartlmä Grassmayr in Habichen, a hamlet in the municipality of Oetz. At present, the company is Austria's oldest family-run business and one of the largest bell manufacturers in the world, having supplied bells for eight religions in more than 100 countries on every continent.
8. Court Church
The Hofkirche is a Gothic church located in the Altstadt section of Innsbruck, Austria. The church was built in 1553 by Emperor Ferdinand I (1503–1564) as a memorial to his grandfather Emperor Maximilian I (1459–1519), whose cenotaph within boasts a remarkable collection of German Renaissance sculpture. The church also contains the tomb of Andreas Hofer, Tyrol's national hero.
9. Pfarrkirche Pradl
The Roman Catholic parish church of Pradl in the district of Pradl in Innsbruck is dedicated to the immaculate conception of Mary and to the sacred cassian. It is incorporated by Wilten and belongs to the Dean of Innsbruck. The neuromanic construction was built from 1905 to 1908 according to plans by Josef Schmitz and is under monument protection.
The Emile-Béthouart-Steg is a pedestrian bridge over the Inn River in Innsbruck, Austria. Built in 1875 and listed since 1923, the iron truss bridge connects St. Nikolaus on the left bank with the Saggen on the right bank of the Inn. As of 2009, the footbridge is the oldest existing bridge over the Inn in Innsbruck.
The Leopold Fountain in the Tyrolean state capital is a listed monument near the Altstadt of the city of Innsbruck. The fountain, which is on the Rennweg and is not far from the Tyrolean State Theatre features an equestrian statue of Archduke Leopold V who lived from 1586 to 1632 and gave the fountain its name.
The Innsbrucker Verkehrsbetriebe (IVB) and its sister company Innbus are responsible for the majority of local public transport in the Tyrolean capital of Innsbruck. IVB's shareholders are Innsbrucker Kommunalbetriebe Aktiengesellschaft with 51%, the State of Tyrol with 4% and the City of Innsbruck with 45%.
13. Botanischer Garten
The Botanical Garden of the University of Innsbruck is a 2-hectare botanical garden operated by the University of Innsbruck. It is located in Hötting at Sternwartestraße 15, Innsbruck, Austria. The gardens are open at no cost every day; its greenhouses are open on Thursday afternoons for an admission fee.
14. Helbling House
Helbling House is a building located in the Old Town (Altstadt) section of Innsbruck, Austria, across from the Golden Roof at Herzog-Friedrich-Strasse 10. The original structure was built in the fifteenth century, but evolved significantly with new architectural styles in subsequent centuries.
The giant round painting, first shown in 1896, is a panoramic representation of the third battle of Bergisel on 13 August 1809 and can be visited in the direct vicinity of the battle after the last relocation since 2011 in the Tyrol Panorama am Bergisel in the south of the city of Innsbruck.
The Rudolfsbrunnen fountain is located in the middle of Bolzano Square in Innsbruck's city centre. Built between 1873 and 1877, the fountain features a larger-than-life statue of Duke Rudolf IV and commemorates the unification of Tyrol with Austria in 1363. The fountain is a listed building.
17. Wilten Basilica
The Wilten basilica is a Roman Catholic church in the Innsbruck district of Wilten. It serves as the parish church of the Wilten parish in the diocese of Innsbruck and is also a well -visited pilgrimage church. The basilica is supervised by the premium roadmen of the opposite Abbey Wilten.
18. St. Pirmin
St. Pirmin is a Roman Catholic parish church in the district of Reichenau in Innsbruck. It was built in 1987 to 1992 according to plans by the architect Anton Nagler, Innsbruck. Pirmin, one of the city cartridges of Innsbruck. Church and parish centre are protected by monument.
The Dreiheiligenkirche is a Catholic parish church in the Innsbruck district of Dreiheiligen-Schlachthof, which was built in 1612/13 as a fulfilment of a vow in the face of the plague and is dedicated to Saints Sebastian, Pirmin, Rochus and Alexius. It is a listed building.
20. St. Pius X
The Roman Catholic parish church of St. Pius X is located in the Olympic Village in Innsbruck on the border with Neu-Arzl. The church was consecrated on 25 September 1960 by Bishop Paulus Rusch to Pope Pius X, who was canonized in 1954, and is a listed building.
21. Evangelical Church of Christ
The Christuskirche is a Protestant church in the district of Saggen in the state capital of Innsbruck in Tyrol, which was built between 1905 and 1906. It is the main church of the Evangelical Superintendentship of Salzburg and Tyrol and is a listed building.
The Tyrolean Museum Railways or Tiroler MuseumsBahnen (TMB) is a railway society in Austria whose aim is the preservation and/or documentation of the historically important branch lines (known as Localbahnen) and their rolling stock in the state of Tyrol.
23. Alter Jüdischer Friedhof
The liberation monument is a triumphal gate on Eduard Wallnöfer-Platz in Innsbruck. It was built by the French military government in 1948 and is said to be reminiscent of the resistance of locals in the Nazi era and the fallen allied soldiers.
St. Paul's Church, often referred to as Paulus Church, is a Roman Catholic parish church in the Reichenau district of Innsbruck. It was built in 1959 to 1960 and is dedicated to the apostle Paul. The church is under monument protection.
26. Petrus Canisius
Petrus Canisius is a Catholic parish church in the Innsbruck district of Höttinger Au, which was built from 1968 to 1972. She is consecrated to St. Peter Canisius, the patron of the Diocese of Innsbruck, and is a listed building.
The Hofgarten is a protected park located on the edge of the Altstadt section of Innsbruck, Austria. The park covers an area of 10 hectares, and borders on the Hofburg, the Kongresshaus, and the Tyrolean State Theatre.
28. Tirol Panorama
29. Klosterkirche der Barmherzigen Schwestern
The monastery church of the merciful sisters in Innsbruck is in the Innsbruck district of Saggen. The neuromanic church consecrated to the immaculate concentration and the cloister of the convent building are listed.
The Theresienkirche is a Roman Catholic parish and pilgrimage church in the Hungerburg district of Innsbruck. Built in 1931/32, the church is dedicated to St. Thérèse of Lisieux and is protected by monument.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.