Explore Asti in Italy with this free self-guided walking tour. The map shows the route of the tour. Below is a list of attractions, including their details.Activities in AstiIndividual Sights in Asti
Sight 1: Santuario della Madonna del Portone
The diocesan sanctuary of the Blessed Virgin of the door, more commonly called by the Astigiani Madonna del Portone, or also, in the Latin liturgical Porta Paradisi, is a Catholic church, built by incorporating the door of the walls of the ancient village of San Marco, on which it came Then built the primitive church, whose small apse is now incorporated into the current sanctuary.
Sight 2: Chiesa di San Rocco
The church of San Rocco is a Catholic place of worship located in the village of the same name in Asti. It was the seat of the Battuti Verdi confraternity.
Sight 3: Teatro Giraudi (ex chiesa san Giuseppe)
The former church of San Giuseppe is a building in Asti, which until the eighteenth century, has performed ecclesiastical function. In recent years, some restoration and structural consolidation interventions have made it possible to transform it into the city exhibitions and cultural events.
Sight 4: Chiesa di San Martino
The church of San Martino is a Catholic Church of Asti; of Baroque style, overlooks the homonymous square in the San Martino-San Rocco district.
Sight 5: Museo del Risorgimento
The Museum of the Risorgimento is an exhibition space located in Asti near Palazzo Ottolenghi. It is dedicated to the Risorgimento and contains finds that can be dated from 1797 to 1870. The collections complement testimonies of the first and second world wars.
Sight 6: Cripta e museo di Sant'Anastasio
The crypt of Sant'Anastasio is a construction that arose below the alta -medieval religious complex of Sant'Anastasio. It is located in Asti in the cathedral district, a few hundred meters from the cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta. The crypt is inserted in the complex of the Sant'Anastasio Museum.
Sight 7: Chiesa di Santa Caterina
The church of Santa Caterina is a Catholic church of Asti, located in the Santa Caterina district, adjacent to the district teacher. It is in Baroque style with initial neoclassical influences, and is dedicated to the cult of Caterina d'Alessandria.
Sight 8: Domus Romana
The Roman domus of Asti is a private building from the Roman era, located about eighty meters north of the Red Torre, in the area of the Varroni Castle.
Sight 9: Museo Diocesano San Giovanni
The Diocesan Museum of Asti is a museum space, opened to the public in 2010 with the aim of preserving the artistic heritage of the diocese of Asti. Located in the hall of the former church of San Giovanni, in the larger complex of the Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta, the museum is still being completed. The exhibition spaces are used periodically for temporary exhibitions.
Sight 10: Cattedrale di Santa Maria Assunta
Asti Cathedral, the episcopal seat of the Diocese of Asti, is a Roman Catholic cathedral in Asti, Piedmont, Italy. It is dedicated to the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary and to Saint Gotthard, and at 82m long and 24m in height and width, is one of the largest churches in Piedmont, the highest expression of Gothic architecture of the region, and among the best examples of Lombard Romanesque appreciable in northern Italy.
Sight 11: Chiesa della Consolata
The church of San Teobaldo, known as the Consolata, with the adjacent Cistercian monastery, is a Catholic church in Piedmontese Baroque style located in the San Silvestro district.
Sight 12: Chiesa di San Silvestro
The Church of San Silvestro is a Catholic Church, in Baroque style, located in Asti. It is the parish church of the San Silvestro district.
Sight 13: Chiesa di San Paolo
The church of San Paolo in Asti is a Baroque Catholic church, located in Via XX Settembre in the San Paolo district.
Sight 14: Chiesa della Confraternita della Santissima Trinità e Sant'Evasio
The church of the Confraternity of the Holy Trinity and Sant'Evasio is a Catholic church in Piedmontese Baroque style, located in the San Paolo district, in Via Cavour in Asti.
Sight 15: Collegiata di San Secondo
The Collegiate Church of San Secondo is one of the oldest Gothic churches in Asti. With the adjacent town hall and overlooking the square of the same name, it is the heart of the city. Dedicated to San Secondo, patron saint of the city, according to tradition it was built on the site of his martyrdom and burial.
Sight 16: Teatro Alfieri
The Alfieri Theatre is the most important theatre in Asti. Founded in 1860 by private shareholders, it has been owned by the city since 1940 and is home to important events and theatrical, musical and opera performances. It is structured around three main parts: the stalls, the barcaccia and the boxes, with a central representative stage. The Alfieri Theatre is located in the historic part of the city, in the immediate vicinity of the Civic Palace. Since 1979 it has undergone extensive renovations, completed in 2002.
Sight 17: Monumento a Vittorio Alfieri
Asti is a comune of 74,348 inhabitants (1-1-2021) located in the Piedmont region of northwestern Italy, about 55 kilometres east of Turin in the plain of the Tanaro River. It is the capital of the province of Asti and it is deemed to be the modern capital of Montferrat.
Sight 18: Chiesa di Santa Maria Nuova
The church of Santa Maria Nuova di Asti is a very ancient Catholic Church; In the past it was an abbey before the Augustinians and then of the Lateran Canons. It is located in the east of the city on the ancient Via Maestra. It was recently given on loan for use to the Orthodox community for 10 years.
Sight 19: Museo archeologico e paleontologico
The Paleontological Museum Territorial of the Asti area also called the Fossili Museum, is located in the Palazzo del Michelerio di Asti, is one of the most important realities managed by the management body of the Asti Paleontological park, an entity prepared by the Piedmont Region.
Sight 20: Battistero di San Pietro
The church of San Pietro in Consavia, or complex of the Baptistery of San Pietro, is a Catholic church of Asti, in Corso Vittorio Alfieri 6, consisting of four buildings datable between the twelfth and fourteenth centuries located at the east end of the Via Maestra in the Borgo San Pietro.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.
GPX-Download For navigation apps and GPS devices you can download the tour as a GPX file.