Explore Aschaffenburg in Germany with this free self-guided walking tour. The map shows the route of the tour. Below is a list of attractions, including their details.Individual Sights in Aschaffenburg
Sight 1: Gentilhaus
Sight 2: Sandkirche
The pilgrimage church of the Mariä Visitation, colloquially sand church - "Ecclesia ad album lilium - church zur Weißen Lilie" is a votive church in Aschaffenburg and pilgrimage church on route 1 - west loop, station 9, the Franconian Marienweg.
Sight 3: Spitalkirche St. Katharina
The St. Katharina hospital church was built in 1848 as a Romanesque-Classicist style. Today, the Romanian Orthodox Parish presentation of Lord Aschaffenburg celebrates its worship there.
Sight 4: Schönborner Hof
The Schönborn Court in Aschaffenburg, a baroque building of the 17th century, now houses the Aschaffenburg Natural Science Museum with constant exhibitions and extensive collection of insects, as well as a representative representation of the mineralogy and geology of the Spessart and the Aschaffenburg City and Stiftsarchiv.
Sight 5: Collegiate Church of St Peter and St Alexander
The Kollegiatsstift St. Peter und Alexander is a Catholic church located in Aschaffenburg, Bavaria, Germany. It is the town's oldest church, established in the 10th century, dedicated to Saint Peter and Saint Alexander. The main building was built as a Roman basilica, while other phases were built in the early Gothic style. The current structure is a cruciform basilica, reflecting a variety of styles including a Romanesque nave from the 12th century and a 15th-century tower.
Sight 6: Christuskirche
Sight 7: Kapuzinerkirche St. Elisabeth
Die Kapuzinerkirche und das Kloster St. Elisabeth war von 1626 bis 2010 Niederlassung und Konvent des Kapuzinerordens in Aschaffenburg.
Sight 8: Zu unseren lieben Frau
Our Lady, often referred to simply as the Mother of God's Parish Church, is the oldest parish church in Aschaffenburg.
Sight 9: Sankt Katharina
The St. Katharinenpital in Aschaffenburg was built in 1604-1610, the chapel in 1618, destroyed and rebuilt in the Second World War. Today it serves as the church of the Greek Orthodox community of St. Katharina.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.
GPX-Download For navigation apps and GPS devices you can download the tour as a GPX file.