Explore interesting sights in Lancaster, United States. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 27 sights are available in Lancaster, United States.Sightseeing Tours in Lancaster
1. Andrew Jackson State Park
Andrew Jackson State Park is a 360-acre (1.5 km2) South Carolina state park established in 1952 to honor the only South Carolina-born president, Andrew Jackson, who was born nearby in 1767. The park is on U.S. Highway 521 about nine miles north of Lancaster, South Carolina. The park offers hiking, boating, camping, fishing and picnicking. There are 25 camping spaces with paved road access. Each space has water hookup and electricity. They are often full on weekends, But not during the week. Nearby is a 20-acre lake with an island in the middle and hiking paths all the way around it. There is abundant Wildlife.
2. Farmer's Southern Market
Farmer's Southern Market is a historic farmer's market located in downtown Lancaster, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. It was designed by noted Lancaster architect C. Emlen Urban and built in 1888. It is a brick building consisting of a three-story headhouse and two-story markethouse, in the Queen Anne style. It measures 90 feet wide and 250 feet deep. It features ornamental terra cotta and brickwork and towers. The city closed the market in the late 1980s, and has since housed Lancaster's Visitors Bureau, offices and Council Chambers.
3. Conestoga Cork Works Building
Conestoga Cork Works Building, also known as E. Rosenwald & Co. Tobacco Warehouse, Rose Bros. & Co., Farmers Supply, and Rosenwald Court Apartments, is a historic factory and tobacco warehouse located at Lancaster, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. It was built between about 1883 and 1897, and is a three-story, 31 bay brick building with a hipped and gabled roof. It has a stuccoed limestone foundation. The building was used as a cork cutting factory until 1912, a tobacco warehouse until the 1960s, then converted to apartments in 1992.
4. Follmer, Clogg and Company Umbrella Factory
Follmer, Clogg and Company Umbrella Factory, also known as Van Sciver Building, is a historic factory building located at Lancaster, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. It was built between about 1880 and 1905, and is a "U"-shaped, brick complex measuring approximately 144 feet by 250 feet. It housed Follmer, Clogg and Company, a manufacturer of umbrellas and parachutes, until the 1940s. In 1944, it was acquired by the Van Sciver Furniture Company and housed a furniture store, warehouse, and repair shop until 1982.
5. Demuth Museum
Demuth Museum in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States, is a museum dedicated to the paintings of Charles Demuth (1883–1935) located in his former studio and home at 120 East King Street. The museum offers a rotating view of a permanent collection which includes 42 Charles Demuth originals as well as artists and works that present a Demuth connection in the areas of theme, technique and epoch. Two recent exhibitions have featured Demuth contemporaries Alfred H. Maurer and Lyonel Feininger.
6. Hamilton Watch Complex
The Hamilton Watch Complex is a former industrial complex in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. It was owned by the Hamilton Watch Company and was used as their headquarters from the company's founding in 1892, until 1980. The complex was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982. The main building was converted into a luxury apartment and condominium complex, while the Administrative Offices are now home to a Montessori school called "New School Montessori."
7. West Lawn
West Lawn, also known as the Embassy House Apartments, is a historic home located at Lancaster, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. It was built in 1873–1874, and is a T-shaped dwelling with a 2+1⁄2-story main section and 2+1⁄2-story rear wing with a slate covered mansard roof in a combined Italianate / Second Empire style. It features a 3+1⁄2-story tower with a mansard roof. It once housed a fraternity and in 1973 was converted to apartments.
8. Andrew Ellicott House
Sehner-Ellicott-Von Hess House is a historic home located at 123 N. Prince Street, Lancaster, Pennsylvania. It was built about 1780 by George Sehner, and is a finely restored house built in the Georgian style of architecture. It was occupied by Andrew Ellicott (1754–1820), first United States Surveyor General, from 1801 to 1813. Ellicott helped prepare Captain Meriwether Lewis for his exploration of the Louisiana Purchase.
9. Nissly-Stauffer Tobacco Warehouses
Nissly-Stauffer Tobacco Warehouses are two historic tobacco warehouses located at Lancaster, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. The Nissly Warehouse was built about 1912, and is a three-story, rectangular brick building on a limestone foundation. It is seven bays by six bays. The Stauffer Warehouse was built about 1913, and is a five-story, rectangular brick building on a limestone foundation. It is four bays by eight bays.
10. Edward McGovern Tobacco Warehouse
Edward McGovern Tobacco Warehouse is a historic tobacco warehouse located at Lancaster, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. It was built about 1880, and is a 2+1⁄2-story, red brick building. It is six bays by three bays and has a moderate pitched slate covered gable roof with gabled dormers. Additions were made with the building about 1910 and about 1939. The building houses the Lancaster Brewing Company restaurant.
11. William P. Hall House Museum
William P. Hall House is a historic home located at Lancaster, Schuyler County, Missouri. It was built about 1902, and is a large two-story, irregular plan, Late Victorian style frame dwelling. It features a one-story wraparound porch with Ionic order columns and a porte cochere. It was the home of American showman, businessman, and circus impresario William Preston Hall (1864–1932).
12. David H. Miller Tobacco Warehouse
David H. Miller Tobacco Warehouse is a historic tobacco warehouse located at Lancaster, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. It was built in 1900, and is a three-story, rectangular red brick building on a stone foundation. It is six bays by nine bays and has a slightly pitched gable roof. It housed local tobacco companies until occupied by the Lorillard Tobacco Company after 1938.
13. Dutch Wonderland
Dutch Wonderland is a 48-acre (19 ha) theme park just east of Lancaster, Pennsylvania in East Lampeter Township, appealing primarily to families with small children. The park's theme is a "Kingdom for Kids." The entrance to the park has a stone imitation castle façade, which was built by Earl Clark, a potato farmer, before he opened the park in 1963.
14. Mount Orne Covered Bridge
The Mount Orne Bridge is a covered bridge over the Connecticut River between Lancaster, New Hampshire, and Lunenburg, Vermont. It joins Elm Street in South Lancaster with River Road in Lunenburg. Built in 1911, it is one of two Howe truss bridges across the Connecticut River. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.
15. Lancaster Convention Center
The Lancaster County Convention Center (LCCC) is a publicly owned convention center in the city of Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA. With initial site preparation in late 2006 and completion in the summer of 2009, the Lancaster County Convention Center is one of several projects intended to help revitalize downtown Lancaster.
16. Charlie Wagner's Cafe
Charlie Wagner's Cafe is a small historic building in the shadow of the Lancaster County Courthouse in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. From 1891 to 1963 the building housed a bar, rather than a cafe, and a few hotel rooms. It has also served as a warehouse for a nearby department store and now houses lawyers' offices.
The Fulton Opera House, also known as the Fulton Theatre or simply The Fulton, is a League of Regional Theatres class B regional theater located in historic downtown Lancaster, Pennsylvania. It is reportedly the oldest working theatre in the United States. It was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1964.
18. Historic Rock Ford Plantation
Historic Rock Ford, which is also known as the General Edward Hand House, is an historic house in southeastern Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Although the property is surrounded by Lancaster County Central Park, it is privately owned and operated by the Rock Ford Foundation, a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization.
19. B. B. Martin Tobacco Warehouse
B. B. Martin Tobacco Warehouse is a historic tobacco warehouse located at Lancaster, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. It was built about 1875, and is a 2 1/2-story, red brick building on a stone foundation. It is five bays by three bays and has a moderate pitched slate covered gable roof.
20. John Brimmer Tobacco Warehouse
John Brimmer Tobacco Warehouse is a historic tobacco warehouse located at Lancaster, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. It was built about 1901, and is a three-story, rectangular brick building with a stone foundation and flat roof. It is four bays wide and approximately 148 feet deep.
21. Diagnothian Hall
"Old Main," Goethean Hall, and Diagnothian Hall, also known as the Original Buildings of Franklin & Marshall College, are three historic academic buildings that are located on the campus of Franklin & Marshall College in Lancaster, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.
22. President James Buchanan's Wheatland
Wheatland, or the James Buchanan House, is a brick Federal style house which is located in Lancaster Township, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, outside of Lancaster, Pennsylvania. It was formerly owned by the 15th president of the United States, James Buchanan.
23. Soldiers and Sailors Monument
The Slater Cigar Company is an historic site in the United States that encompasses two cigar factory and tobacco warehouse buildings. Located in Lancaster, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, it was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1990.
24. Lancaster Central Market
25. Cork Factory Hotel
26. Hager Building
The Hager Building is an historic commercial building which is located in Lancaster, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Designed by noted Lancaster architect C. Emlen Urban, it was built between 1910 and 1911.
27. B. F. Good & Company Leaf Tobacco Warehouse
The B.F. Good & Company Leaf Tobacco Warehouse, also known as the P. Lorillard Company Tobacco Warehouse, is an historic tobacco warehouse which is located in Lancaster, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.