Explore interesting sights in Jacksonville, United States. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 9 sights are available in Jacksonville, United States.
1. Historic Jackson County Courthouse
The Jackson County Courthouse is a former county courthouse in Jacksonville, Oregon, United States, built in 1883. The courthouse is a contributing property of the Jacksonville Historic District, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP). It was formerly the Jacksonville Museum owned by Jackson County and operated by the Southern Oregon Historical Society (SOHS), which also managed several other historic properties in Jacksonville. The museum in the courthouse closed in 2006 because of lack of funding. Ownership of the historic courthouse was transferred to the City of Jacksonville in 2012. The SOHS still operates Hanley Farm in Central Point and a research library in Medford.
2. Kingsley Plantation
Kingsley Plantation is the site of a former estate on Fort George Island, in Duval County, Florida, that was named for its developer and most famous owner, Zephaniah Kingsley, who spent 25 years there. It is located at the northern tip of Fort George Island at Fort George Inlet, and is part of the Timucuan Ecological and Historic Preserve managed by the U. S. National Park Service. Kingsley's house is the oldest plantation house still standing in Florida, and the solidly-built village of slave cabins is one of the best preserved in the United States. It is also "the oldest surviving antebellum Spanish Colonial plantation in the United States. "
3. Beirut Memorial
The Beirut Memorial is a memorial to the 241 American peacekeepers—220 Marines, 18 sailors, and three soldiers—killed in the October 23, 1983 Beirut barracks bombing in Beirut, Lebanon. It is located outside the gate of Camp Gilbert H. Johnson, a satellite camp of Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune, in Jacksonville, North Carolina. It is the site of an annual commemoration of the victims of the suicide attack that took their lives.
4. Jacksonville Historic District
The Jacksonville Historic District encompasses the historic core of the 19th-century mining town of Jacksonville, Oregon. The city was a major mining, civic, and commercial center from 1852 to 1884, and declined thereafter, leaving a little-altered assemblage of architecture from that period that is unparalleled in the Pacific Northwest. The district was designated a U. S. National Historic Landmark in 1966.
5. Museum of Contemporary Art Jacksonville
The Museum of Contemporary Art Jacksonville, also known as MOCA Jacksonville, is a contemporary art museum in Jacksonville, Florida, funded and operated as a "cultural institute" of the University of North Florida. One of the largest contemporary art institutions in the Southeastern United States, it presents exhibitions by international, national and regional artists.
6. San Jose Episcopal Church
San Jose Episcopal Church is an historic Episcopal church located at 7423 San Jose Boulevard, in the San Jose section of Jacksonville, Florida in the United States. It was built in 1925 as the San Jose Estates Administration Building. On April 10, 1985. it was added to the National Register of Historic Places as the San Jose Administration Building.
7. Florida Theater
The Florida Theatre is a historic American movie theater located in Jacksonville, Florida. Opened in April 1927, it was added to the U. S. National Register of Historic Places on November 4, 1982. On April 18, 2012, the AIA's Florida Chapter placed the building on its list of Florida Architecture: 100 Years. 100 Places.
8. Saint George Church
Saint George Episcopal Church is an historic Carpenter Gothic style Episcopal church located at 10560 East Fort George Road on Fort George Island in Jacksonville, Florida, in the United States. Built in 1882–1883, it was designed by architect Robert S. Schuyler of nearby Fernandina.
9. Saint Johns Episcopal Cathedral
St. John's Cathedral is a cathedral of the Episcopal Church in Jacksonville, Florida, U. S. One of the oldest congregations in Jacksonville, it became the seat of the Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Florida in 1951. The current building dates to 1906.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.