Here you can book tickets, guided tours and other activities in El Paso:Tickets and guided tours on Viator*
Explore interesting sights in El Paso, United States. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 12 sights are available in El Paso, United States.List of cities in United States Sightseeing Tours in El Paso
1. State National Bank
The State National Bank is a historic building in El Paso, Texas. It was built in 1921 for the State National Bank, El Paso's oldest bank founded four decades earlier. It was built on the site of a former building for the same bank completed in 1881, which was El Paso's "first real building." The 1921 building was designed by Trost & Trost, and its construction cost $165,000. With "the latest technological developments", it cost $250,000. The interior was a single lofty room with roof supported by steel girders that eliminated need for interior columns. The bank moved into the building in January 1922. It was expanded by renting adjacent property 10 years later, which was annexed permanently in 1942. It was further expanded to the south in 1948.
2. O. T. Bassett Tower
The O. T. Bassett Tower is an Art Deco skyscraper located at 303 Texas Avenue in Downtown El Paso, Texas. It was built by Charles N. Bassett, who named it in honor of his father. The tower was designed by Trost & Trost and completed in 1930, making it one of Henry Trost's last commissions. It was briefly the tallest building in the city but was surpassed later the same year by the Hilton Hotel. The Bassett Tower is 217 feet tall and has 15 stories, with setbacks at the tenth and thirteenth floors. It is faced with tan brick veneer and adorned with stone and terra cotta decorative elements, including a sculpted face over the main entrance which is believed to be that of Trost himself.
3. Richard Caples Building
The Richard Caples Building is a historic seven-story building in El Paso, Texas. It was built as a five-story for Richard Caples in 1910, and it was "the first reinforced concrete structure erected in El Paso. " The fifth floor was leased to the Y. M. C. A. In 1915, the building was purchased by J. G. McGrady, who leased the basement and the first floor to F. W. Woolworth Company. Two years later, he built two more storys; they were designed by Trost & Trost. The building has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since September 24, 1980.
4. Abdou Building
The Abdou Building is a historic seven-story building in El Paso, Texas. It was built for the Rio Grande Valley Bank in 1910, and designed by Trost & Trost. In 1925, it was renamed the Abdou Building after its new owner, Sam Abdou, who purchased it for $150,000. The same year, the American Trust and Saving Bank leased the building; one of its directors, Charles Klink was Abdou's stepson. By 1930, the El Paso Bank and Leavell & Sherman both had offices in the building. It has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since September 24, 1980.
5. J. J. Newberry Company
J. J. Newberry Company is a historic five-story building in El Paso, Texas. It was built by the J. Calisher Realty Company in 1911, and it was known as Calisher's. The Calisher company was a store first opened in El Paso in 1881. Early tenants included the YMCA and the Border National Bank. It was later renamed for the J. J. Newberry, a five and dime store chain. The building was designed in the Chicago School architectural style by Trost & Trost. It has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since September 24, 1980.
6. El Paso Museum of Art
Founded in 1959, The El Paso Museum of Art (EPMA) is located in downtown El Paso, Texas. First accredited in 1972, it is the only accredited art museum within a 250-mile radius and serves approximately 100,000 visitors per year. A new building was completed in 1998. In addition to its permanent collections and special exhibitions, the museum also offers art classes, film series, lectures, concerts, storytelling sessions and other educational programs to the West Texas, Southern New Mexico and Ciudad Juarez, Mexico community.
7. Palace Theatre
The Alhambra Theatre, also known as the Palace Theatre, is a building in El Paso, Texas. Opened on August 1 1914, the building was designed by architect Henry C. Trost in the Spanish Colonial Revival style with a Moorish theme, preceding spread of the Moorish Revival style of the 1920s. The building cost $150,000. It was prepared to serve either as a playhouse for live theater or as a movie house, and included a large organ to be played with silent movies of the day.
8. Popular Department Store
The Popular Department Store is a historic building in El Paso, Texas. It was built in 1917 for The Popular, a chain of department stores founded by Adolph Schwartz in El Paso in 1902. His heirs inherited the building, and they sold it in 1995; it later became the Fallas Department Store. The building was designed in the Chicago School architectural style by Trost & Trost. It has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since September 24, 1980.
9. International Museum of Art
The International Museum of Art is a museum in El Paso, Texas housed in a historic residence designed by Henry C. Trost. The home was the W. W. Turney residence built for state legislator, lawyer, and rancher William Ward Turney in 1908. The International Museum of Art shares history with the El Paso Museum of Art, which occupied the Turney building until 1998. After it moved into its new building, the International Museum of Art reopened in 1999.
10. First Mortage Company Building
The First Mortgage Company Building is a historic fifteen-story building in El Paso, Texas. It was built for the First Mortgage Company in 1921, at a cost of $411,000. El Paso was going through a construction boom at the time, and it was the largest structure with the El Paso Scottish Rite Temple. It has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since June 13, 1978.
11. Martin Building
The Martin Building is a historic seven-story building in El Paso, Texas. It is 25. 91 metre high. Built in 1916–1917, it was initially an office building for M. D. Roberts and William Martin Banner. From 1950 to 1979, it belonged to the El Paso Electric Company. It was acquired by Lane Gaddy in 2011 and converted into residential apartments in 2016.
12. Roberts-Banner Building
The Roberts-Banner Building is a historic building in El Paso, Texas. Old adobe houses were demolished to make room for the construction of this five-story building in 1910. It was built with concrete, and designed by Trost & Trost. It has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since September 24, 1980.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.