Explore interesting sights in Douglas, United States. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 9 sights are available in Douglas, United States.Sightseeing Tours in Douglas
1. Hotel LaBonte
Hotel LaBonte is a historic hotel in Douglas, Wyoming, United States. Built in 1913–14, it was part of the town's early 20th century building boom, the result of new railroad and road connections. Local investors engaged the Baerresen Brothers of Cheyenne and Denver as architects, and contractor Edward Reavill erected the three story brick structure. It had electrical lighting, steam heat and telephones in 54 guest rooms. The U-shaped hotel is on a corner lot at the intersection of North Second and Walnut Streets in downtown Douglas. Projecting wings facing Walnut Street flank a recessed courtyard that accommodates the hotel's entrance. The dining room occupies the ground floor of the east wing, and two storefronts occupy the west wing on the corner. The lobby has a tiled floor, a beamed ceiling and decorative columns. Windows were replaced during renovations in 1967 and after a 1981 fire.
2. The Enterprise
The Douglas City Hall is the historic city hall located at 130 S. Third St. in Douglas, Wyoming. The building was constructed from 1915 to 1916 to serve as Douglas' center of government. Architect William Norman Bowman, who also designed the Weld County Courthouse in Greeley, Colorado, designed the building in the Georgian Revival style. The brick building's design features a broken pediment over its front entrance supported by pilasters. The building includes a room on the second floor designed to house meetings of local civic groups; the Douglas Good Roads Club, which later became the Chamber of Commerce, was the first group to use the room extensively. The Douglas government moved out of the building in 1989, and it is now a commercial property.
3. Officer's Club
Camp Douglas was an internment camp for Prisoners of War (POW) during World War II, located in the city of Douglas, Wyoming, United States. Between January 1943 and February 1946 in the camp housing first Italian and then German prisoners of war in the United States. While there are few remaining structures, the walls of the Officer's Club were painted with murals by three Italian prisoners. These paintings depicting western life and folklore are now registered with the United States Department of the Interior National Park Service on the National Register of Historic Places. The story of this POW camp is an important part of the history of the town of Douglas.
4. Christ Episcopal Church
Christ Episcopal Church is a historic Episcopal church located at 4th and Center Streets in Douglas, Wyoming. Built in 1898, the church is the oldest church in Douglas as well as the only wooden church remaining in the city. G.W.G. Van Winkle designed the church in the Gothic Revival style. The church's design features a bell tower, a steep roof, lancet windows with stained glass, and external buttresses. In addition to its religious function, the church has also hosted community and volunteer groups and social activities.
5. John Slaughter Ranch Home
San Bernardino Ranch is a historic ranch house in the southern San Bernardino Valley near the San Bernardino National Wildlife Refuge in extreme southeast Cochise County, Arizona, United States. It is significant for its association with the beginning of cattle ranching in southern Arizona and northern Mexico. The ranchland and valley are part of the headwaters region of the Yaqui River.
6. United States Post Office
The Douglas Main Post Office in Douglas, Wyoming, United States, was built in 1909 as part of a facilities improvement program by the United States Post Office Department. The post office in Douglas was nominated to the National Register of Historic Places as part of a thematic study comprising twelve Wyoming post offices built to standardized USPO plans in the early twentieth century.
7. College Inn Bar
The College Inn Bar is the oldest established business in Douglas, Wyoming and Converse County to survive in its original location. Established in 1906 by Theodore (Llee) Pringle, succeeding an 1887 bar known as "Lee Pringle's." The 1906 structure is a two-story masonry building, occupying the site of the frame Pringle's bar, which was moved two blocks away and which still survives.
8. Ayres Natural Bridge State Park
Ayres Natural Bridge Park is a county park in Converse County, Wyoming in the United States. It occupies 150 acres (0.6 km²) between the towns Glenrock and Douglas about 6 kilometers south of Interstate 25 exit 151. The park's name is derived from the rock formation of the same name. Ayres is the surname of the family who donated the land which had been part of their ranch.
9. Morton Mansion
The Morton Mansion was built in 1903 in Douglas, Wyoming for the family of John Morton. Morton was a sheep rancher who also served as an elected official, banker and civic leader in Douglas. The house was designed by Wyoming architect William DuBois.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.