Explore interesting sights in West Oxfordshire, United Kingdom. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 11 sights are available in West Oxfordshire, United Kingdom.
1. Buckland Road
Tadpole Bridge is a road bridge across the River Thames in Oxfordshire, England, carrying a road between Bampton to the north and Buckland to the south. It crosses the Thames on the reach above Shifford Lock. It is a Grade II listed building. The bridge dates from the late 18th century, the earliest reference to it being in 1784. It is built of stone, and consists of one large arch. There is a public house near Tadpole Bridge called The Trout. Thacker noted that at one time the legend over the door read "The Trout, kept by A. Herring". The Trout is now a hotel and gastropub. The Thames Path crosses Tadpole Bridge.
2. St Martin's Church
St Martin's Church in Bladon near Woodstock, Oxfordshire, England, is the Church of England parish church of Bladon-with-Woodstock. It is also the mother church of St Mary Magdalene at Woodstock, which was originally a chapel of ease. It is best known for the graves of the Spencer-Churchill family, including Sir Winston Churchill, in its churchyard.
3. Oxford Bus Museum
The Oxford Bus Museum is a transport museum at Long Hanborough, West Oxfordshire, England, about 4 miles (6.4 km) northeast of Witney and 7 miles (11 km) northwest of the city of Oxford. The museum houses a collection of 40 historic buses and coaches, the remains of four horse trams and a replica City of Oxford Tramways Company tram.
4. Cote Baptist Chapel
Cote Baptist Church stands in Shifford Road, Cote, 1 mile (2 km) to the east of Aston and 4 miles (6 km) to the east of Bampton, in Oxfordshire, England. It is a redundant Baptist chapel in the care of the Historic Chapels Trust, and is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designated Grade II* listed building.
5. Kelmscott Manor
Kelmscott Manor is a limestone manor house in the Cotswolds village of Kelmscott, in West Oxfordshire, southern England. It dates from around 1570, with a late 17th-century wing, and is listed Grade I on the National Heritage List for England. It is situated close to the River Thames. The nearest town is Lechlade-On-Thames.
6. St Giles' Church
The Parish Church of Saint Giles, Standlake is the Church of England parish church of Standlake, a village about 5 miles (8 km) southeast of Witney in Oxfordshire. Since 1976 St Giles' parish has been a member of the Lower Windrush Benefice along with the parishes of Northmoor, Stanton Harcourt and Yelford.
7. Combe Mill
Combe Mill is a historic sawmill adjacent to the River Evenlode and close to Combe railway station, between the villages of Combe and Long Hanborough in Oxfordshire, England. A Grade II* listed building, it was restored in the early 1970s and is open to the public.
8. North Leigh Roman Villa
North Leigh Roman Villa was a Roman courtyard villa in the Evenlode Valley about 0.5 miles (800 m) north of the hamlet of East End in North Leigh civil parish in Oxfordshire. It is a scheduled monument in the care of English Heritage and is open to the public.
9. Methodist Church
Burford Methodist Church is a baroque building in the High Street of Burford, Oxfordshire. It was built between about 1715 and 1730 as a private house and converted in 1849 to a Wesleyan Chapel. It is a Grade II* Listed Building.
10. Holy Trinity Catholic Church
Holy Trinity Church is a historic Catholic parish church in Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, England. It is situated on the London road in the centre of the town. It was built in 1836 and is a Grade II listed building.
11. St Matthew's
The Parish Church of Saint Matthew, Langford is the Church of England parish church of Langford, a village in West Oxfordshire about 3 miles (5 km) northeast of Lechlade in neighbouring Gloucestershire.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.