Here you can book tickets, guided tours and other activities in Nottingham:Tickets and guided tours on Viator*
Here you can find interesting sights in Nottingham, United Kingdom. Click on a marker on the map to view details about the sight. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 17 sights are available in Nottingham, United Kingdom.List of cities in United Kingdom Sightseeing Tours in Nottingham
1. Nottingham Castle Museum and Art Gallery
Nottingham Castle is a Stuart Restoration-era ducal mansion in Nottingham, England, built on the site of a Norman castle built starting in 1068, and added to extensively through the mediaeval period, when it was an important royal fortress and occasional royal residence. In decline by the 16th century, the original castle, except for its walls and gates, was demolished after the English Civil War in 1651. The site occupies a commanding position on a natural promontory known as "Castle Rock" which dominates the city skyline, with cliffs 130 feet (40 m) high to the south and west.
2. Speakers' Corner
A Speakers' Corner is an area where open-air public speaking, debate, and discussion are allowed. The original and best known is in the northeast corner of Hyde Park in London, England. Historically there were a number of other areas designated as Speakers' Corners in other parks in London, such as Lincoln's Inn Fields, Finsbury Park, Clapham Common, Kennington Park, and Victoria Park. Areas for Speakers' Corners have been established in other countries and elsewhere in the UK.
3. Ukrainian Catholic Church Pokrova The Holly Protector of our Lady and St Alban's
St Albans's Church, Sneinton, properly called Our Lady of Perpetual Succour and St Alban, is a Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church in Bond Street, Sneinton, Nottingham, England. It was built in 1888–87 as the Church of England parish church of Saint Alban. In 2003 the Diocese of Southwell and Nottingham declared it redundant and sold it to the Ukrainian Catholic Eparchy of the Holy Family of London, who added the dedication of Our Lady of Perpetual Succour.
4. Memorial Gardens
The City War Memorial, Nottingham, also known as the Nottingham Municipal War Memorial and the City of Nottingham War Memorial, is the main war memorial for the city of Nottingham in England. It comprises a memorial arch of Portland stone with three openings and wrought iron gates, and stone flanking arcades. It was unveiled in 1927 beside a new park overlooking the River Trent, and became a Grade II listed building in 1972.
5. Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem
Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem is a Grade II listed public house in Nottingham which claims to have been established in 1189, although there is no documentation to verify this date. The building rests against Castle Rock, upon which Nottingham Castle is built, and is attached to several caves, carved out of the soft sandstone. These were reputedly originally used as a brewhouse for the castle, dating from the medieval period.
6. St Mary's Church
The Church of St Mary the Virgin is the oldest parish church of Nottingham, in Nottinghamshire, England. It is the largest church after the Cathedral in the city of Nottingham. The church was Grade I listed by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport as a building of outstanding architectural or historic interest. It is one of only five Grade I listed buildings in the City of Nottingham.
7. Royal Concert Hall
Nottingham Royal Concert Hall is a concert hall in the English city of Nottingham. It is owned by Nottingham City Council and is part of a complex that also includes the city's Theatre Royal. The Royal Concert Hall's striking modern architecture has proved to be a city landmark at the heart of Nottingham City Centre, opposite the more recently built The Cornerhouse complex.
8. Greek Orthodox Church of the Virgin Mary Eleousa
The Greek Orthodox Church of the Virgin Mary Eleousa is on Derby Road, Nottingham. It is a Grade II listed building. The church provides liturgies on Sundays and acts as a hub for a community of Greeks, Greek Cypriots, British Cypriots, Greek students in Nottingham and other Orthodox Christians who live in Nottingham.
9. The Emett Clock
The Aqua Horological Tintinnabulator (also known as the Victoria Centre Clock or the Emett Clock or The Time Fountain is a 'water-powered' clock. From 1973 to 2010 it was installed on the ground floor at the Victoria Centre in Nottingham, England. In 2015 it was reinstalled in the shopping centre on the first floor.
10. Motorpoint Arena
Motorpoint Arena is a multi-use indoor arena joined with the National Ice Centre in the Lace Market district of Nottingham, England. The National Ice Centre and Nottingham Arena were opened by Olympic gold medalist Jayne Torvill on 1 April 2000. The arena is the biggest live entertainment venue in the East Midlands.
11. Green's Windmill
Green's Windmill is a restored and working 19th century tower windmill in Sneinton, Nottingham. Built in the early 1800s for the milling of wheat into flour, it remained in use until the 1860s. It was renovated in the 1980s and is now part of a science centre, which together have become a local tourist attraction.
12. Nottingham Playhouse
Nottingham Playhouse is a theatre in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, England. It was first established as a repertory theatre in 1948 when it operated from a former cinema in Goldsmith Street. Directors during this period included Val May and Frank Dunlop. The current building opened in 1963.
13. St. Nicholas's
St. Nicholas Church, known locally as St Nic's, is an Anglican parish church in Nottingham. The church, since 1953, is Grade II* listed by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport as it is a particularly significant building of more than local interest.
14. Pitcher & Piano
High Pavement Chapel is a redundant church building in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, England. It is now the Pitcher and Piano public house and is Grade II listed. It was built as, and for most of its existence operated as, a Unitarian place of worship.
15. Trent Bridge
Trent Bridge is an iron and stone road bridge across the River Trent in Nottingham, England. It is the principal river crossing for entrance to the city from the south, although the upstream Clifton Bridge is both larger and busier.
16. West Bridgford Methodist Church
West Bridgford Methodist Church, formerly Musters Road Methodist Church, is in West Bridgford. Nottingham. It is a Grade II listed building. It is part of the Nottingham South circuit of the Methodist Church of Great Britain.
17. St Peter with St James Church
St Peter's Church, formally The Church of St Peter with St James, is an Anglican parish church in the city centre of Nottingham, England. It is part of the parish of All Saints', St Mary's and St Peter's, Nottingham.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.