Looking for premium sights?
Here you can book tickets, guided tours and other activities in Birmingham:Tickets and guided tours on Viator*
Here you can find interesting sights in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Click on a marker on the map to view details about the sight. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 82 sights are available in Birmingham, United Kingdom.List of cities in United Kingdom Sightseeing Tours in Birmingham
1. Handsworth Park
Handsworth Park is a park in the Handsworth area of Birmingham, England. It lies 15 minutes by bus from the centre of Birmingham and comprises 63 acres of landscaped grass slopes, including a large boating lake and a smaller pond fed by the Farcroft and Grove Brooks, flower beds, mature trees and shrubs with a diversity of wildlife, adjoining St. Mary's Church, Handsworth to the north, containing the graves of the fathers of the Industrial Revolution, James Watt, Matthew Boulton and William Murdoch, and the founders of Aston Villa Football Club and the Victoria Jubilee Allotments site to the south opened on 12 June 2010. The completion of a £9.5 million restoration and rejuvenation of Handsworth Park was celebrated with a Grand Re-Opening Celebration led by Councillor Mike Sharpe, the Lord Mayor of Birmingham, speaking from the restored bandstand at 2.00pm on Saturday 8 July 2006, followed by a count down by a large enthusiastic crowd and the release of clouds of confetti; in the words of one observer "Great wedding! Now we must make the marriage a success."
2. The Assay Office
The Birmingham Assay Office, one of the four assay offices in the United Kingdom, is located in the Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham. The development of a silver industry in 18th century Birmingham was hampered by the legal requirement that items of solid silver be assayed, and the nearest Assay Offices were in Chester and London. Matthew Boulton and Birmingham's other great industrialists joined forces with silversmiths of Sheffield to petition Parliament for the establishment of Assay Offices in their respective cities. In spite of determined opposition by London silversmiths, an Act of Parliament was passed in March 1773, just one month after the original petition was presented to Parliament, to allow Birmingham and Sheffield the right to assay silver. The Birmingham Assay Office opened on 31 August 1773 and initially operated from three rooms in the King's Head Inn on New Street employing only four staff and was only operating on a Tuesday. The first customer on that day was Matthew Boulton.
3. Joseph Chamberlain Memorial Clocktower
The Joseph Chamberlain Memorial Clock Tower, or colloquially Old Joe, is a clock tower and campanile located in Chancellor's court at the University of Birmingham, in the suburb of Edgbaston. It is the tallest free-standing clock tower in the world, although its actual height is the subject of some confusion. The university lists it as 110 metres (361 ft), 99 metres (325 ft), and 100 metres tall, the last of which is supported by other sources. In a lecture in 1945, Mr C. G. Burton, secretary of the University, stated that "the tower stands 329 ft [100 m] high, the clock dials measure 17 ft [5.2 m] in diameter, the length of the clock hands are 10 and 6 ft [3.0 and 1.8 m], and the bell weighs 5 long tons [5.1 tonnes]".
4. The Anchor
The Anchor Inn is one of the oldest public houses in Digbeth, Birmingham, England, dating back to 1797. The current building was constructed in 1901 to a design by James and Lister Lea for the Holt Brewery Company. The terracotta on the façade is believed to have come from the Hathern Station Brick and Terracotta Company of Loughborough. On 10 December 1991 the building was designated Grade II listed building status, along with other nearby pubs such as the White Swan. The pub won the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) award of 'Regional Pub of the Year' in 1996/7, 1998/9, 2003/4 and again 2007/8. The pub was taken over by Julian Rose-Gibbs in 2016, after being in the hands of the Keane family who ran it for 43 years.
5. Saint James Handsworth
St James' Church in Handsworth, Birmingham, England was erected as an Anglican church in 1838–1840 on land given by John Crockett of the nearby New Inns Hotel. The architect was Robert Ebbles of Wolverhampton, who specialised in Gothic Revival churches. A new chancel was added in 1878 and the building was rebuilt in 1895, to designs by J. A. Chatwin. The original chancel thus became the north chapel, the original nave became the north aisle, and the original western tower was redesignated as the north-west tower. The additions were a new chancel, a nave, and a south aisle. Chatwin's Decorated style, red-brick features contrasted with the Early English style stonework of the original building.
6. Council House
Birmingham City Council House in Birmingham, England, is the home of Birmingham City Council, and thus the seat of local government for the city. It provides office accommodation for both employed council officers, including the Chief Executive, and elected council members, plus the council chamber, Lord Mayor's Suite, committee rooms and a large and ornate banqueting suite, complete with minstrel's gallery. The first-floor's exterior balcony is used by visiting dignitaries and victorious sports teams, to address crowds assembled below. The Council House, which has its own postcode, B1 1BB, is located in Victoria Square in the city centre and is a Grade II* listed building.
7. Alpha Tower
Alpha Tower is a Grade II listed office skyscraper in Birmingham, England. It was designed by the Birmingham-born architect George Marsh of Richard Seifert & Partners as the headquarters of the commercial television company ATV and part of the company's production studio complex known as ATV Centre, an adjacent shorter tower was planned but was never built. ATV closed in 1982, after which the building became offices. Birmingham City Council took a large tenancy of the building until they vacated in 2010. It is the sixth tallest building in Birmingham, and became the second tallest office building in Birmingham after 103 Colmore Row was topped out in 2020
8. Hay Hall
Hay Hall is a former 15th century hall located at Tyseley, in Birmingham, West Midlands, England. The extensive Hay Hall estate was situated between the Coventry and Warwick roads and included an area now known as Hay Mills, which was the site of a water mill. In the 16th century the timber-framed building was encased in brick. Originally a sub manor of the Este family, the building form comprised a central open hall with cross-wings at either end. There are no traces of the original moat in the area, with the modern surroundings currently developed as factories and works, known as Hay Hall Business Park. It was listed Grade II in 1952.
9. Back To Backs
The Birmingham Back to Backs are the city's last surviving court of back-to-back houses. They are preserved as examples of the thousands of similar houses that were built around shared courtyards, for the rapidly increasing population of Britain's expanding industrial towns. They are a very particular sort of British terraced housing. This sort of housing was deemed unsatisfactory, and the passage of the Public Health Act 1875 meant that no more were built; instead byelaw terraced houses took their place. This court, at 50–54 Inge Street and 55–63 Hurst Street, is now operated as a historic house museum by the National Trust.
10. Minworth Greaves
Minworth Greaves is a timber cruck-framed, Grade II listed building in Bournville, an area of Birmingham, England. It is thought to date from the 14th-century or earlier, possibly as early as 1250. It is owned by the Bournville Village Trust. Minworth Greaves is situated next to Selly Manor, and is run as part of Selly Manor Museum. It was originally built in Minworth, near Sutton Coldfield to the North of Birmingham. After falling into extreme disrepair, it was purchased by George Cadbury and re-built by Laurence Cadbury in 1932 in the grounds of Selly Manor.
11. Broad Street Walk of Stars - Noddy Holder
Neville John "Noddy" Holder is an English musician and actor. He was the lead singer and rhythm guitarist of the English band Slade, one of the UK's most successful acts of the 1970s. Known for his unique and powerful voice, Holder co-wrote most of Slade's material with bass guitarist Jim Lea including "Mama Weer All Crazee Now", "Cum On Feel the Noize" and "Merry Xmas Everybody". After leaving Slade in 1992, he diversified into television and radio work, notably starring in the ITV comedy-drama series The Grimleys (1999–2001).
12. Broad Street Walk of Stars - Frank Skinner
Christopher Graham Collins, professionally known as Frank Skinner, is an English comedian, actor, presenter and writer. At the 2001 British Comedy Awards, he was named Best Comedy Entertainment Personality. His television work includes Fantasy Football League from 1994 to 2004, The Frank Skinner Show from 1995 to 2005, Baddiel and Skinner Unplanned from 2000 to 2005, and Room 101 from 2012 to 2018. Since 2009 he has hosted The Frank Skinner Show on Absolute Radio, broadcast live on Saturdays and later released as a podcast.
13. Soho House Museum
Soho House is a museum run by Birmingham Museums Trust, celebrating Matthew Boulton's life, his partnership with James Watt, his membership of the Lunar Society of Birmingham and his contribution to the Midlands Enlightenment and the Industrial Revolution. It is a Grade II* listed 18th-century house in Handsworth, part of Birmingham since 1911, but historically in the county of Staffordshire. It was the home of entrepreneur Matthew Boulton from 1766 until his death in 1809, and a regular meeting-place of the Lunar Society.
14. St Mary's Church
St Mary's Church, Handsworth, also known as Handsworth Old Church, is a Grade II* listed Anglican church in Handsworth, Birmingham, England. Its ten-acre (4 hectare) grounds are contiguous with Handsworth Park. It lies just off the Birmingham Outer Circle, and south of a cutting housing the site of the former Handsworth Wood railway station. It is noteworthy as the resting place of famous progenitors of the industrial age, and has been described as the "Westminster Abbey of the Industrial Revolution".
15. Eastside City Park
Eastside City Park is a 6.75 acre urban park located in the Eastside district of Birmingham City Centre. Designed by architects Patel taylor with landscape architect Allain Provost, the park was opened to the public on 5 December 2012 at a cost of £11.75 million. Lining the frontage of Millennium Point, the park provides 14,300 square metres of landscaped green space, 310 trees, a 110 metres (360 ft) canal water feature and a public square incorporating 21 jet fountains.
16. Blue Plaque: Sir Edward Elgar
Sir Edward William Elgar, 1st Baronet, was an English composer, many of whose works have entered the British and international classical concert repertoire. Among his best-known compositions are orchestral works including the Enigma Variations, the Pomp and Circumstance Marches, concertos for violin and cello, and two symphonies. He also composed choral works, including The Dream of Gerontius, chamber music and songs. He was appointed Master of the King's Musick in 1924.
17. The Church of the Holy Prince Lazar
The Serbian Orthodox Church of the Holy Prince Lazar, also known as Lazarica (Лазарица), is a Serbian Orthodox church located at Cob Lane in Bournville, Birmingham, England and was built for political refugees from Yugoslavia after World War II, with the support of the exiled Prince Tomislav of Yugoslavia. Serbs have been associated with Bournville since Dame Elizabeth Cadbury sponsored thirteen Serbian refugee children of World War I.
18. Broad Street Walk of Stars - Nigel Mansell
Nigel Ernest James Mansell, is a British retired racing driver who won both the Formula One World Championship (1992) and the CART Indy Car World Series (1993). Mansell was the reigning F1 champion when he moved over to CART, becoming the first person to win the CART title in his debut season, and making him the only person to hold both the World Drivers' Championship and the American open-wheel National Championship simultaneously.
19. Methodist Central Hall
The Methodist Central Hall, 196–224 Corporation Street, Birmingham, England, is a three-storey red brick and terracotta Grade II* listed building with a distinctive tower at the northern end of Corporation Street. The design complements the Victoria Law Courts opposite, also in terracotta, and includes eclectic details such as the corner turrets resembling Indian chattris. It is located within the Steelhouse Conservation Area.
20. National Sea Life Centre
The National Sea Life Centre is an aquarium with over 60 displays of freshwater and marine life in Brindleyplace, Birmingham, England. Its ocean tank has a capacity of 1,000,000 litres (220,000 imp gal) of water and houses giant green sea turtles, blacktip reef sharks and tropical reef fish, with the only fully transparent 360-degree underwater tunnel in the United Kingdom. The building was designed by Sir Norman Foster.
21. Lapworth Museum of Geology
The Lapworth Museum of Geology is a geological museum run by the University of Birmingham and located on the University's campus in Edgbaston, south Birmingham, England. The museum is named after the geologist Charles Lapworth, its origins dating back to 1880. It reopened in 2016 following a £2.7 million redevelopment project that created new galleries and displays, as well as modern visitor and educational facilities.
22. Alfred Bird
Alfred Bird was an English food manufacturer and chemist. He was born in Nympsfield, Gloucestershire, England in 1811 and was later a pupil at King Edward's School, Birmingham. He was the inventor of a series of food products, most notably egg-free custard and baking powder. His father was a lecturer in astronomy at Eton College. His son Alfred Frederick Bird continued to develop the business after his father's death.
23. Birmingham School of Art
The Birmingham School of Art was a municipal art school based in the centre of Birmingham, England. Although the organisation was absorbed by Birmingham Polytechnic in 1971 and is now part of Birmingham City University's Faculty of Arts, Design and Media, its Grade I listed building on Margaret Street remains the home of the university's Department of Fine Art and is still commonly referred to by its original title.
24. Joseph Chamberlain
Joseph Chamberlain was a British statesman who was first a radical Liberal, then a Liberal Unionist after opposing home rule for Ireland, and eventually served as a leading imperialist in coalition with the Conservatives. He split both major British parties in the course of his career. He was the father, by different marriages, of Nobel Peace Prize winner Austen Chamberlain and of Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain.
25. The Old Repertory Theatre
The Old Rep is the United Kingdom's first ever purpose-built repertory theatre, constructed in 1913, located on Station Street in Birmingham, England. The theatre was a permanent home for Barry Jackson's Birmingham Repertory Company, formed in 1911 from his amateur theatre group, The Pilgrim Players, founded in 1907. Jackson funded the construction of the theatre and established his professional company there.
26. Blue Plaque: Sir William Ashley
Sir William James Ashley was an English economic historian. His major intellectual influence was in organising economic history in Great Britain and introducing the ideas of the leading German economic historians, especially Gustav von Schmoller and the historical school of economic history. His chief work is The Economic Organisation of England, still a set text on many A-level and University syllabuses.
27. Chamberlain Clock
The Chamberlain Clock is an Edwardian, cast-iron, clock tower in the Jewellery Quarter of Birmingham, England. It was erected in 1903 to mark Joseph Chamberlain's tour of South Africa between 26 December 1902 and 25 February 1903, after the end of the Second Boer War. The clock was unveiled during Chamberlain's lifetime, in January 1904 by Mary Crowninshield Endicott, Joseph Chamberlain's third wife.
Iron:Man is a statue by Antony Gormley, in Victoria Square, Birmingham, England. The statue is 6 metres (20 ft) tall, including the feet which are buried beneath the pavement, and weighs 6 metric tons. The statue leans 7.5° backwards and 5° to its left. It is said by the sculptor to represent the traditional skills of Birmingham and the Black Country practised during the Industrial Revolution.
29. St Mary's
St Mary's Church, Moseley is a Grade II listed parish church in the Church of England located in Moseley, Birmingham. It is now part of a united benefice with St Anne's Church, Moseley. The War Memorial in the South-East corner of the Churchyard, facing Oxford Road, is unusual in that it depicts Christ upon the cross in carved stone. The War Memorial has achieved its own Grade II listing.
30. Chamberlain Memorial Fountain
The Chamberlain Memorial, also known as the Chamberlain Memorial Fountain, is a monument in Chamberlain Square, Birmingham, England, erected in 1880 to commemorate the public service of Joseph Chamberlain (1836–1914), Birmingham businessman, councillor, mayor, Member of Parliament, and statesman. An inauguration ceremony was held on 20 October 1880, when Chamberlain himself was present.
31. Orthodox Cathedral of the Dormition of the Theotokos and St. Andreas
The Cathedral Church of the Dormition of the Mother of God and St. Andrew is a Greek Orthodox cathedral on Summer Hill Terrace in Birmingham, England, dedicated to the Dormition of the Theotokos and St Andreas. In 1958 the first Greek Orthodox Church in Birmingham was inaugurated. Regular liturgies began in Birmingham conducted by the first permanent priest, Father Nicodemos Anagnostou.
32. The Crescent Theatre
The Crescent Theatre is a multi-venue theatre run mostly by volunteers in Birmingham City Centre. It is part of the Brindleyplace development on Sheepcote Street. It has a resident company, one of the oldest theatre companies in the city, and also hires its three performance spaces to a host of visitors each year, nationally and internationally, both amateur and professional.
33. Cathedral Church of Saint Philip
The Cathedral Church of Saint Philip is the Church of England cathedral and the seat of the Bishop of Birmingham. Built as a parish church in the Baroque style by Thomas Archer, it was consecrated in 1715. Located on Colmore Row in central Birmingham, St Philip's later became the cathedral of the newly formed Diocese of Birmingham. The cathedral is a Grade I listed building.
34. Saint Anne's Catholic Church
St Anne's Church is a Roman Catholic Parish church on Alcester Street in Digbeth, part of the city centre of Birmingham. It was founded by Saint John Henry Newman in 1849. It was moved to a new building in 1884 designed by London architects Albert Vicars and John O'Neill, who also designed St Hugh's Church in Lincoln, and helped design St Peter's Cathedral in Belfast.
35. Perry Hall Playing Fields
Perry Hall Park or Perry Hall Country Park, and previously Perry Hall Playing Fields, is a park in Perry Barr, Birmingham, England, at grid reference SP059918. It was in Staffordshire until 1928. The site is protected by Fields in Trust through a legal "Deed of Dedication" safeguarding the future of the space as public recreation land for future generations to enjoy.
36. Sarehole Mill
Sarehole Mill is a Grade II listed water mill, in an area once called Sarehole, on the River Cole in Hall Green, Birmingham, England. It is now run as a museum by the Birmingham Museums Trust. It is known for its association with J. R. R. Tolkien and is one of only two working water mills in Birmingham, with the other being New Hall Mill in Walmley, Sutton Coldfield.
The Chinese Pagoda is a landmark in Birmingham, England. It is a 40-foot granite carving of a Chinese pagoda, carved in Fujian, China and donated to the city by the Wing Yip brothers, founder of a local Chinese supermarket chain, in thanks to the city and its people for providing a home for them and their families and for the city's support over the years.
38. Birmingham Central Mosque
Birmingham Central Mosque, is a mosque in the Highgate area of Birmingham, England, run by the Birmingham Mosque Trust. The organization, 'Muslims in Britain’ classify the Birmingham Central Mosque as, nonsectarian. The mosque has a capacity of 6,000, including women. The mosque provides a Sharia Council which in 2016 handled 400 requests for divorce.
39. The Exchange
17 & 19 Newhall Street is a red brick and architectural terracotta Grade I listed building, situated on the corner of Newhall Street and Edmund Street in the city centre of Birmingham, England. Although its official name is 17 & 19 Newhall Street, it is popularly known as The Exchange, and was previously known as the Bell Edison Telephone Building.
40. Church of The Holy Trinity & St. Luke
The Church of The Holy Trinity and St Luke is a Greek Orthodox church in the north of Birmingham, England, dedicated to The Holy Trinity and St Luke. In Greek: "Ελληνορθόδοξη Εκκλησία Της Αγίας Τριάδος και Αποστόλου Λουκά". The church celebrates the Feast Day of St. Luke on 18 October.
41. Gun Barrel Proof House
The Birmingham Gun Barrel Proof House is a weapons proving establishment in Banbury Street, Birmingham, UK. The building was designed by John Horton and consists of a centre bay, emphasised by a segmental parapet, which contains trophies by William Hollins. A Jacobean-style gateway was added in 1883. It is a grade II* listed building.
42. Boulton & Watt Blowing Engine 1817
The Grazebrook Engine is an 1817 beam engine that was used for blowing air over the hot coals of a blast furnace to increase the heat. It is now found as sentinel sculpture on the Dartmouth Circus roundabout at the entrance of the A38(M) in Birmingham, England. It is believed to be the largest steam engine used in Birmingham.
43. Lanchester Car
The Lanchester Car Monument is an open-air galvanized steel sculpture of the Stanhope Phaeton, or Lanchester motor car. It is in Bloomsbury Village Green, a piece of reclaimed land in the Heartlands (Nechells) area of Birmingham, England. It was designed by Tim Tolkien to commemorate the work of Frederick William Lanchester.
44. Martineau Gardens
Martineau Gardens is a community garden on Priory Road in Edgbaston, Birmingham, England. It adjoins the Priory Hospital on Bristol Road. It features over two acres of woodland and formal gardens. The Gardens are administered by a registered charity and are a member of the Federation of City Farms and Community Gardens.
45. University House
Originally a hall of residence at the University of Birmingham, University House became the home for the university's business school in 2004 after having been extensively refurbished and extended to provide teaching and research facilities. It is located in grounds in the conservation area of Edgbaston, Birmingham.
46. Brookvale Park
Brookvale Park is located in the Stockland Green Ward of Erdington Constituency in England. The park surrounds Brookvale Park Lake. Within the park there is a bowling green, tennis courts, a children's play area and sailing club. Many local residents and groups take an active interest in the park and the lake.
47. Cannon Hill Park
Cannon Hill Park is a park located in south Birmingham, England. It is the most popular park in the city, covering 250 acres (101 ha) consisting of formal, conservation, woodland and sports areas. Recreational activities at the park include boating, fishing, bowls, tennis, putting and picnic areas.
48. The Old Crown
The Old Crown, a pub in Deritend, claims to be one of the oldest extant secular buildings in Birmingham, England. It is Grade II* listed, and claims to date back to c. 1368, retaining its "black and white" timber frame, although almost all of the present building dates from the early 16th century.
49. Guru Nanak Nishkam Sewak Jatha
The Gurdwara Sahib is a Sikh place of worship or Gurdwara in Handsworth, Birmingham, England. It was built in the late 1970s under the spiritual guidance of Puran Singh and the leadership of Norang Singh. The Spiritual leadership of the jatha is now continued through the vision of Mohinder Singh.
50. Birmingham Rep
Birmingham Repertory Theatre, commonly called Birmingham Rep or just The Rep, is a producing theatre based on Centenary Square in Birmingham, England. Founded by Barry Jackson, it is the longest-established of Britain's building-based theatre companies and one of its most consistently innovative.
51. Soho Foundry
Soho Foundry is a factory created in 1775 by Matthew Boulton and James Watt and their sons Matthew Robinson Boulton and James Watt Jr. at Smethwick, West Midlands, England, for the manufacture of steam engines. Now owned by Avery Weigh-Tronix, it is used for the manufacture of weighing machines.
52. St. Catherine's Catholic Church
St Catherine of Siena Church is a parish of the Roman Catholic Church situated on Bristol Street in Birmingham, in the Archdiocese of Birmingham. Founded in 1874, its parish church was demolished and replaced in 1964. It was run by the Missionary Society of St. Columban from 2005 to 2013.
53. The Woodman
The Woodman is a public house on Albert Street in Birmingham, England that is Grade II listed. It stands beside the Eastside City Park and the abandoned, but listed, Curzon Street railway station which will be part of the new station being developed as a terminal of the HS2 rail scheme.
54. Curzon Street Station
Birmingham Curzon Street railway station was a railway station in central Birmingham, England. Initially used as a major early passenger terminus before being eclipsed by newer facilities and converted into a goods depot, it was a continuously active railway facility up until 1966.
55. blue plaque: Louisa Anne Ryland
Louisa Anne Ryland was a major benefactor to the (then) town of Birmingham, England. She became a millionaire on the death of her father, Samuel Ryland of The Laurels, Hagley Road, Edgbaston, whose family fortune was made in the wire drawing industry by his father, John Ryland.
56. Ikon Gallery
The Ikon Gallery is an English gallery of contemporary art, located in Brindleyplace, Birmingham. It is housed in the Grade II listed, neo-gothic former Oozells Street Board School, designed by John Henry Chamberlain in 1877. The gallery's current director is Jonathan Watkins.
57. Gravelly Hill Interchange
The Gravelly Hill Interchange, popularly known as Spaghetti Junction, is a road junction in Birmingham, England. It is junction 6 of the M6 motorway where it meets the A38(M) Aston Expressway in the Gravelly Hill area of Birmingham. The interchange was opened on 24 May 1972.
58. The Pen Museum
The Pen Museum is a museum in Birmingham, England, covering the history of Birmingham's steel pen trade. The only museum in the United Kingdom devoted to the history of the pen making industry, the Pen Museum explains how Birmingham became the centre of the world pen trade.
59. Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery
Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery (BM&AG) is a museum and art gallery in Birmingham, England. It has a collection of international importance covering fine art, ceramics, metalwork, jewellery, natural history, archaeology, ethnography, local history and industrial history.
60. Queens Arms
The Queen's Arms is a Grade II listed public house in Birmingham, England, built c. 1870. It is noted for the tiled art nouveau signage on its exterior, which was remodelled in 1901 to the designs of the architect, Joseph D. Ward for its then owners, Mitchells & Butlers.
61. Victoria Square House
Victoria Square House, is an office building on the south side of Victoria Square, Birmingham, England. It was formerly Birmingham's Head Post Office, designed in the French Renaissance style by architect for the Office of Works Henry Tanner for the General Post Office.
62. St Benedict's
St Benedict's Church, Bordesley is a Church of England parish church in Hob Moor Road, Bordesley, West Midlands, England, about 2+1⁄2 miles (4 km) east of Birmingham city centre. It is an early 20th-century church in Byzantine Revival style and is Grade II listed.
63. Joseph Sturge
A memorial to the English Quaker, abolitionist and activist Joseph Sturge (1793–1859) was unveiled before a crowd of 12,000 people on 4 June 1862 at Five Ways, Birmingham, England, near his former home. The statue has been grade II listed since 8 June 1982.
64. Java Lounge
122–124 Colmore Row is a Grade I listed building on Colmore Row in Birmingham, England. Built as the Eagle Insurance Offices it was later occupied by Orion Insurance and was Hudson's Coffee House until late 2011, It is currently Java Lounge Coffee House.
65. Holy Trinity Parish Church
Holy Trinity Church is a Grade II* listed parish church in the Church of England in Birchfield, Birmingham. The church building was placed on a Heritage at Risk Register due to its poor condition in 2018, but repairs led to its removal from this register.
66. The Institute
The O2 Institute (originally known as the Digbeth Institute) is a music venue located in Birmingham, England. The venue opened in 1908 as a mission of Carrs Lane Congregational Church. It has also served as an event centre, civic building and nightclub.
1–7 Constitution Hill in Birmingham, England is a Grade II listed building at the acute junction with Hampton Street, and is a former H. B. Sale factory. The red brick and terracotta structure is extremely thin, with a tower at one end.
68. Birmingham Crematorium
Birmingham Crematorium is a Protestant crematorium in the Perry Barr district of Birmingham, England, designed by Frank Osborne and opened in 1903. A columbarium was added in 1928. The crematorium is now owned and operated by Dignity plc.
69. The Old Joint Stock
The Old Joint Stock Theatre is a studio theatre and pub located at 4 Temple Row West in the centre of Birmingham, England. The listed building was designed as a library but owes its present name to its use by Birmingham Joint Stock Bank.
70. Hall of Memory
The Hall of Memory is a war memorial in Centenary Square, Birmingham, England, designed by S. N. Cooke and W. N. Twist. Erected 1922–25 by John Barnsley and Son, it commemorates the 12,320 Birmingham citizens who died in World War I.
71. Baskerville House
Baskerville House, previously called the Civic Centre, is a former civic building in Centenary Square, Birmingham, England. After serving as offices for the Birmingham City Council, it was extended with additional floors in 2007.
72. Museum of the Jewellery Quarter
The Museum of the Jewellery Quarter is a museum at 75-79 Vyse Street in Hockley, Birmingham, England. It is one of the nine museums run by the Birmingham Museums Trust, the largest independent museums trust in the United Kingdom.
73. Birmingham Wildlife Conservation Park
Birmingham Wildlife Conservation Park, formerly Birmingham Nature Centre, and before that Birmingham Zoo, is a small zoo on the edge of Cannon Hill Park in Birmingham, England. It is owned and managed by Birmingham City Council.
74. St Martins
St Martin in the Bull Ring is a Church of England parish church in the city of Birmingham, West Midlands, England. It is the original parish church of Birmingham and stands between the Bull Ring Shopping Centre and the markets.
75. Perrott's Folly
Perrott's Folly, grid reference SP047862, also known as The Monument, or The Observatory, is a 29-metre (96-foot) tall tower, built in 1758. It is a Grade II* listed building in the Edgbaston area of Birmingham, United Kingdom.
76. Cadbury World
Cadbury World is a visitor attraction in Bournville, Birmingham, England, featuring a self-guided exhibition tour, created and run by the Cadbury Company. The tour tells the history of chocolate, and of the Cadbury business.
77. Christopher Wray Lighting Works
Christopher Wray Lighting works is a grade II-listed building in the east side of Birmingham city centre, England. The works consist of a complex of buildings fronted by a row of three townhouses, left vacant since 2003.
78. St Michael's Parish Handsworth
St Michael's Church in St Michael's Road, Handsworth, Birmingham, England, is a Grade II listed, Church of England church, in the Diocese of Birmingham, built in 1851–1855, and described as "a major local landmark".
79. Blue Plaque: Margery Fry
Sara Margery Fry was a British prison reformer as well as one of the first women to become a magistrate. She was the secretary of the Howard League for Penal Reform and the principal of Somerville College, Oxford.
80. Green Lane Masjid
Green Lane Masjid & Community Centre (GLMCC), is a mosque in Birmingham. It has been a registered charity in England since 2008. The Masjid occupies a prominent corner site in Green Lane, Small Heath, Birmingham.
81. The Metropolitan Cathedral and Basilica of St Chad
The Metropolitan Cathedral Church and Basilica of Saint Chad is a Catholic cathedral in Birmingham, England. It is the mother church of the Archdiocese of Birmingham and is dedicated to Saint Chad of Mercia.
82. D.C. Michael Swindells memorial
DC Michael Swindells, was a British police officer who was stabbed to death on 21 May 2004 in Birmingham whilst attempting to arrest a suspect who had earlier threatened members of the public with a knife.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.