Looking for premium sights?
Here you can book tickets, guided tours and other activities in Odesa:Tickets and guided tours on Viator*
Want a guided Free Walking Tour?
Here you can book guided Free Walking Tours in Odesa:Guided Free Walking Tours on Freetour*
Here you can find interesting sights in Odesa, Ukraine. Click on a marker on the map to view details about the sight. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 18 sights are available in Odesa, Ukraine.List of cities in Ukraine Sightseeing Tours in Odesa
The T-34 is a Soviet medium tank introduced in 1940. Its 76. 2 mm (3 in) tank gun was less powerful than its contemporaries while its 60-degree sloped armour provided good protection against anti-tank weapons. The Christie suspension was inherited from the design of American J. Walter Christie's M1928 tank, versions of which were sold turret-less to the Red Army and documented as "farm tractors", after being rejected by the U. S. Army. The T-34 had a profound effect on the conflict on the Eastern Front in the Second World War, and had a lasting impact on tank design. After the Germans encountered the tank in 1941 during Operation Barbarossa, German general Paul Ludwig Ewald von Kleist called it "the finest tank in the world" and Heinz Guderian affirmed the T-34's "vast superiority" over German tanks. Alfred Jodl, chief of operations staff of the German armed forces noted in his war diary "the surprise at this new and thus unknown wunder-armament being unleashed against the German assault divisions," although its armour and armament were surpassed later in the war.
The 152 mm howitzer-gun M1937 (ML-20), is a Soviet heavy gun-howitzer. The gun was developed by the design bureau of the plant no 172, headed by F. F. Petrov, as a deep upgrade of the 152-mm gun M1910/34, in turn based on the 152-mm siege gun M1910, a pre-World War I design by Schneider. It was in production from 1937 to 1946. The ML-20 saw action in World War II, mainly as a corps / army level artillery piece of the Soviet Army. Captured guns were employed by Wehrmacht and the Finnish Army. Post World War II, the ML-20 saw combat in numerous conflicts during the mid to late twentieth century.
The R-17 Elbrus, GRAU index 9K72 is a tactical ballistic missile, initially developed by the Soviet Union. It is also known by its NATO reporting name SS-1C Scud-B. It is one of several Soviet missiles to carry the reporting name Scud; the most prolifically launched of the series, with a production run estimated at 7,000 (1960–1987). Also designated R-300 during the 1970s, the R-17 was derived from the R-11 Zemlya. It has been operated by 32 countries and manufactured in four countries outside the Soviet Union. It is still in service with some. It's been called the Hwasong-5 in North Korea.
4. Одеський художній музей
Odesa National Fine Arts Museum or Odesa National Art Museum is one of the principal art galleries of the city of Odesa. Founded in 1899, it occupies the Potocki Palace, itself a monument of early 19th century architecture. The museum now houses more than 10 thousand pieces of art, including paintings by some of the best-known Russian and Ukrainian artists of late 19th and early 20th century. It is the only museum in Odesa that has free entrance day every last Sunday of the month.
5. Monument to the founders of Odessa
The Defenders of Odessa is a monument to Catherine II and her associates, José de Ribas, Franz de Vollan, Grigory Potemkin and Plato Zubov. Located in Odessa on Catherine Square. It was built in 1900 by Ukrainian architect Yuri Dmitrenko, sculptor Mikhail Popov, engineer A. A. Sikorsky with the participation of sculptor Boris Eduards. It was dismantled in 1920, and restored in 2007.
The BMP-1 is a Soviet amphibious tracked infantry fighting vehicle. BMP stands for Boyevaya Mashina Pyekhoty 1, meaning "infantry fighting vehicle, 1st serial model". The BMP-1 was the first mass-produced infantry fighting vehicle (IFV) of the Soviet Union. It was called the M-1967, BMP and BMP-76PB by NATO before its correct designation was known.
The Sukhoi Su-15 is a twinjet supersonic interceptor aircraft developed by the Soviet Union. It entered service in 1965 and remained one of the front-line designs into the 1990s. The Su-15 was designed to replace the Sukhoi Su-11 and Sukhoi Su-9, which were becoming obsolete as NATO introduced newer and more capable strategic bombers.
8. Duke of Richelieu
Armand-Emmanuel Sophie Septimanie de Vignerot du Plessis, 5th Duke of Richelieu and Fronsac, was a prominent French statesman during the Bourbon Restoration. He was known by the courtesy title of Count of Chinon until 1788, then Duke of Fronsac until 1791, when he succeeded his father as Duke of Richelieu.
9. Свято-Троїцький собор УПЦ МП
Moscow's patriarchal Ukrainian Orthodox Church is located in the Vienna parish of St. Troya Cathedral. From January 4, 2006, it was entitled "Holy Trinity Cathedral"; In the same year, on a nameplate at the entrance, at the insistence of the Greek government, the word "(Greek)" was inserted.
10. Odessa City Council
Odesa City Hall is the city hall of Odesa, Ukraine, located at the junction of Primorskiy Boulevard, Chaikovskogo Lane and Pushkinska Street. It occupies a Neoclassical building, built to a design by Francesco Boffo and Gregorio Toricelli in 1828-34. Rebuilt in 1871-1873 by Franz Morandi.
11. Римсько-католицький костьол Успіння Пресвятої Богородиці Діви Марії
The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary Cathedral also called Cathedral of the Blessed Virgin Mary is the name given to a religious building belonging to the Catholic Church and is located in the city of Odesa in the southwest part of the European country of Ukraine.
The 76-mm divisional gun M1942 (ZiS-3) was a Soviet 76.2 mm divisional field gun used during World War II. ZiS was a factory designation and stood for Zavod imeni Stalina, the honorific title of Artillery Factory No. 92, which first constructed this gun.
13. Одеський зоопарк
The Odessa Zoo has the status of a nature reserve of nationwide value, which was granted in 1992. The collection of the zoo is about 1,600 animals, a part from which are mentioned in International Red Book, red book of Ukraine and European Red List.
14. Monument to Olexander II
Alexander II Column, also known as Alexander's column or Monument to Alexander II of Russia, is a triumphal column located in Shevchenko Park, Odesa and is commemorated to the visit of Russian Emperor Alexander II the city of Odesa in 1875.
15. Свято-Успенський кафедральний собор УПЦ МП
Holy Assumption Cathedral is an Orthodox church, one of the largest in Odessa. From 1936 until its closure in 1937-1938 and from the mid-1940s to 2002 it was the cathedral church of the Odessa diocese. Located at ul. Preobrazhenskaya 70.
16. Odessa Archeological Museum
The Odesa Archaeological Museum is one of the oldest archaeological museums in Ukraine. It was founded in 1825; the current museum building was completed in 1883 according to a design by Polish architect Feliks Gąsiorowski.
AZP S-60 is a Soviet towed, road-transportable, short- to medium-range, single-barrel anti-aircraft gun from the 1950s. The gun was extensively used in Warsaw Pact, Middle Eastern and South-East Asian countries.
18. Cathedral Square
Soborna ploscha is one of the main squares of the city of Odessa. It has the shape of an irregular five-walled. It was formed by the intersection of Preobrazhenskaya, Sadovaya, Koblevskaya, Leo Tolstoy streets.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.