Want a guided Free Walking Tour?
Here you can book guided Free Walking Tours in Kyiv:Guided Free Walking Tours on Freetour*
Here you can find interesting sights in Kyiv, Ukraine. Click on a marker on the map to view details about the sight. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 100 sights are available in Kyiv, Ukraine.List of cities in Ukraine Sightseeing Tours in Kyiv
1. меморіал «Бабин Яр»
Babi Yar or Babyn Yar is a ravine in the Ukrainian capital Kyiv and a site of massacres carried out by Nazi Germany's forces during its campaign against the Soviet Union in World War II. The first and best documented of the massacres took place on 29–30 September 1941, killing some 33,771 Jews. The decision to murder all the Jews in Kyiv was made by the military governor Generalmajor Kurt Eberhard, the Police Commander for Army Group South, SS-Obergruppenführer Friedrich Jeckeln, and the Einsatzgruppe C Commander Otto Rasch. Sonderkommando 4a as the sub-unit of Einsatzgruppe C, along with the aid of the SD and Order Police battalions with the Ukrainian Auxiliary Police backed by the Wehrmacht, carried out the orders. Sonderkommando 4a and the 45th Battalion of the German Order Police conducted the shootings. Servicemen of the 303rd Battalion of the German Order Police at this time guarded the outer perimeter of the execution site.
203 mm howitzer b-4 sample 1931 8-inch heavy howitzer design f. A flander. It is the most difficult Soviet field gun during World War II and the core of large and special armor-piercing gun. One of the few cannons on the chassis of a crawler tractor. Designed to break through fortified fronts, destroy especially solid concrete, reinforced concrete and armored structures, strike heavy or hidden solid structures of enemy artillery fire, and suppress long-range targets. By 1941, six different variants of 203 mm howitzer samples had been produced in 1931. All modifications use tractor crawler chassis, but the towing mode is slightly different. After the German-Soviet War, B-4 guns were fired from Searle's weapons. Later, however, in 1956, she was taken back into the weapon, and the crawler chassis was replaced by wheels. In this way, the specimen howitzers from 1931 remained on the weapons of the Soviet army until the mid-1970s.
3. Овчаренко Федір
Fedor Danilovich Ovcharenko is a Ukrainian scientist in the field of colloidal chemistry, academician (1961), full member of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and the New York Academy of Sciences, laureate of the State Prize of the Ukrainian SSR in the field of science and technology (1969). Candidate for member of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Ukraine from March 18, 1966 to November 29, 1967. Member of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Ukraine from November 29, 1967 to February 10, 1976. Candidate for member of the Presidium of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Ukraine and Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Ukraine from March 29, 1968 to October 10, 1972. Deputy of the Supreme Soviet of the Ukrainian SSR of the 7th and 8th convocations. Deputy of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR of the 6th and 7th convocations.
4. Малий автомобіль водоплавний (МАВ) Газ-46
The GAZ-46, army designation MAV, is a Soviet-made light four-wheel drive amphibious military vehicle that entered service in the 1950s and has been used by many Eastern Bloc allied forces since. During the Second World War Canada, Britain and the US forwarded large quantities of military materials to Russia. Among those were jeeps, trucks, and amphibious vehicles like the 6×6 DUKW and the 4×4 Ford GPA. The latter were used to help men and equipment get across the many rivers of Eastern Europe and combat the Germans. Seeing merits of such vehicles, after the war, Russia decided to develop two similar vehicles, using domestic automotive parts, the BAV, an equivalent of the DUKW, and the MAV, an equivalent of the Ford GPA.
5. Мечеть, Ісламський культурний центр
The Islamic Cultural Center is a mosque and cultural organization in Kyiv. The Islamic Cultural Center of Kyiv is one of the nine cultural centers located in the largest cities of Ukraine. The office of the Spiritual Administration of Muslims of Ukraine "Ummah", the Sharia Fatwa Committee, the Ukrainian Center for Islamic Studies, the human rights organization "Together with the Law", the Center for Halal Research and Certification "Alraid" [Archived April 3, 2022 at the Wayback Machine.], the gymnasium "Our Future", public organizations "Maryam" and "An-Nur", as well as the head office of the All-Ukrainian Association of Public Organizations all-Ukrainian NGO "Alraid" are located in the building of the Kyiv CPI.
6. Стус Василь
Vasyl Semenovych Stus was a Ukrainian poet, translator, literary critic, journalist, and an active member of the Ukrainian dissident movement. For his political convictions, his works were banned by the Soviet regime and he spent 13 years in detention until his death in Perm-36—then a Soviet forced labor camp for political prisoners, subsequently The Museum of the History of Political Repression—after having declared a hunger strike on September 4, 1985. On November 26, 2005, the Ukrainian president Viktor Yushchenko posthumously awarded him the highest national title: Hero of Ukraine. Stus is widely regarded as one of Ukraine's foremost poets.
7. Замок Річарда — Левине серце
The "Castle Cowherd and Lion Heart" on a long line at the St Andrew's Monument at the beginning of xx is a managed number 15 architectural name, built in English Gothic style. A Kenyan named after the lionheart of the English banshee king, "Avingo" by Walter Scott, the protagonist of the novel. The house, in the form of an ancient castle, stands on the complex terrain of the former Ligula Mountains beneath St Andrew's Church. The monumental facade is decorated with architectural elements of the fortress-castle structure, various types of towers, spires, zigzag walls, etc. To the left of the house is a towering tower with fortress characteristics.
The 100 mm field gun M1944 (BS-3) was a Soviet 100 mm anti-tank and field gun. The gun was successfully employed in the late stages of World War II, and remained in service into the 1950s, being replaced in Soviet service by the T-12 antitank gun and the 85 mm antitank gun D-48 in 1955. The BS-3 was also sold to a number of other countries and in some of these countries the gun is still in service. A number of BS-3 pieces are still stored in Russian Ground Forces arsenals. Also, in 2012, at least 12 BS-3 guns are active with the 18th Machine Gun Artillery Division, located on the Kuril Islands, used as anti-ship and anti-landing guns.
The ZIS-150 was a Soviet truck. In 1947 it replaced the ZIS-5 truck on the assembly line. Together with the GAZ-51 it was the main Soviet truck during the 1950s, judging by their quantity. A tractor-trailer version of the ZIS-150, the ZIS-120N was sold from 1956 to 1957. In 1957, the base ZIS-150 model was replaced by ZIL-164, which differed outwardly only by vertical grille bars and bumper. ZIS-150 was also manufactured in Braşov, Romania between 1954 and 1960 as the "Steagul Rosu" SR-101 and in China as the Jiefang CA-10 at First Automobile Works. At least one prototype was built in North Korea under the name "Chollima".
The Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-23 is a variable-geometry fighter aircraft, designed by the Mikoyan-Gurevich design bureau in the Soviet Union. It is a third-generation jet fighter, alongside similar Soviet aircraft such as the Su-17 "Fitter". It was the first Soviet fighter to field a look-down/shoot-down radar, the RP-23 Sapfir, and one of the first to be armed with beyond-visual-range missiles. Production started in 1969 and reached large numbers with over 5,000 aircraft built, making it the most produced variable-sweep wing aircraft in history. Today the MiG-23 remains in limited service with some export customers.
11. Шпак Анатолій
Anatoliy Shpak is a scientist in the field of solid state physics, physical materials science, doctor of physical and mathematical sciences, professor. First Vice-President, Chief Scientific Secretary of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Academician of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, foreign member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, foreign corresponding member of the Austrian Academy of Sciences in the Section of Mathematical and Natural Sciences of this Academy. Director of the G. V. Kurdyumov Institute of Metal Physics of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
The 152 mm howitzer-gun M1937 (ML-20), is a Soviet heavy gun-howitzer. The gun was developed by the design bureau of the plant no 172, headed by F. F. Petrov, as a deep upgrade of the 152-mm gun M1910/34, in turn based on the 152-mm siege gun M1910, a pre-World War I design by Schneider. It was in production from 1937 to 1946. The ML-20 saw action in World War II, mainly as a corps / army level artillery piece of the Soviet Army. Captured guns were employed by Wehrmacht and the Finnish Army. Post World War II, the ML-20 saw combat in numerous conflicts during the mid to late twentieth century.
The 122 mm howitzer M1938 (M-30) was a Soviet 121.92 mm (4.8 inch) howitzer. The weapon was developed by the design bureau of Motovilikha Plants, headed by F. F. Petrov, in the late 1930s, and was in production from 1939 to 1955. The M-30 saw action in World War II, mainly as a divisional artillery piece of the Red Army (RKKA). Captured guns were also employed later in the conflict by the German Wehrmacht and the Finnish Army. Post World War II the M-30 saw combat in numerous conflicts of the mid- to late twentieth century in service of other countries' armies, notably in the Middle East.
14. Національний академічний драматичний театр імені Івана Франка
The Ivan Franko National Academic Drama Theater in Kiev was founded in 1920. It rightfully plays an important role in the history of Ukrainian culture. Real masters worked here and continue to delight their fans: actors, directors, composers, set designers. The repertoire is based on national and World Classics. You can watch performances both on the main stage and in the chamber. Each performance is a separate world, a variety of ways of artistic solution, and unusual Productions. Bohdan Benyuk, Anatoly Khostikoev, Ostap Stupka, Natalia Sumskaya work on the stage of this theater.
15. Покровська церква
The Church of the Intercession of the Most Holy Theotokos is the church of Hippolytus Nikolaev in Kyiv, on Solomianka. It was built by order of the city community of Kyiv during 1895-1897. in memory of Metropolitan Plato of Kyiv and Galicia (Gorodetsky). It is located at the corner of Patriarch Mstislav Skrypnyk and Stadionna streets. In the years 1905-1919. the rector of the church was the creator and first metropolitan of UAOC Vasyl Lypkivsky. Until 2018, the church belonged to the UOC-KP. As of May 2022, under the jurisdiction of the Orthodox Church of Ukraine.
16. Валерію Лобановському
Valeriy Vasylyovych Lobanovskyi was а Ukrainian football player and manager. He was Master of Sports of the USSR, Distinguished Coach of the USSR, and a laureate of the UEFA Order of Merit in Ruby (2002) and FIFA Order of Merit, the highest honour awarded by FIFA. In 2002 he was awarded the Hero of Ukraine award (posthumously), his nation's highest honour, for his contribution to Ukrainian football. In 2008, Lobanovskyi was ranked 6th in Inter's list of the 100 Greatest Ukrainians following a nationwide poll that saw around 2.5 million people casting their votes.
The T-64 is a Soviet second-generation main battle tank introduced in the early 1960s. It was a more advanced counterpart to the T-62: the T-64 served in tank divisions, while the T-62 supported infantry in motorized rifle divisions. It introduced a number of advanced features including composite armour, a compact engine and transmission, and a smoothbore 125-mm gun equipped with an autoloader to allow the crew to be reduced to three so the tank could be smaller and lighter. In spite of being armed and armoured like a heavy tank, the T-64 weighed only 38 tonnes.
18. Музей води
The Kyiv Water Museum is an educational centre that occupies one of the buildings from the early centralised water-supply system in the city which was built at the middle of the 19th century. It is located in Khreshchatyi Park. The Water-Information Centre gives information about water resources and their rational consumption. The exhibition demonstrates the history of Kyiv's water supply system, water treatment and waste water treatment in contemporary Kyiv while also showing water's role in people's activities using interesting and interactive examples.
The 85 mm air defense gun M1939 (52-K) was an 85 mm (3.3 in) Soviet anti-aircraft gun, developed under guidance of leading Soviet designers M. N. Loginov and G. D. Dorokhin. This gun was successfully used throughout the German-Soviet War against level bombers and other high- and medium-altitude targets. In emergencies they were utilized as powerful anti-tank weapons. The barrel of the 52-K was the basis for the family of 85-mm Soviet tank guns. After the war some 52-Ks were refitted for peaceful purposes as anti-avalanche guns in mountainous terrain.
20. Миколі Лисенку
Mykola Vitaliyovych Lysenko was a Ukrainian composer, pianist, conductor and ethnomusicologist of the late Romantic period. In his time he was the central figure of Ukrainian music, with an oeuvre that includes operas, art songs, choral works, orchestral and chamber pieces, and a wide variety of solo piano music. He is often credited with founding a national music tradition during the Ukrainian national revival, in the vein of contemporaries such as Grieg in Norway, The Five in Russia as well as Smetana and Dvořák in what is now the Czech Republic.
21. Макаренко Антон
Anton Semenovich Makarenko, a Ukrainian and Soviet educator, social worker and writer, became the most influential educational theorist in the Soviet Union; he promoted democratic ideas and principles in educational theory and practice. As one of the founders of Soviet pedagogy, he elaborated the theory and methodology of upbringing in self-governing child collectives and introduced the concept of productive labor into the educational system. Makarenko is often reckoned among the world's great educators, and his books have appeared in many countries.
The 76 mm regimental gun M1927 was a Soviet infantry support gun. The gun was developed in 1927 by the design bureau of Orudiyno-Arsenalny Trest (OAT) and entered production in 1928. A total of 18,116 pieces were built. On June 22, 1941, the Red Army had 4,708 of these guns. In 1943 the gun was replaced in production by the 76 mm regimental gun M1943, but remained in service until the end of the war. The Germans placed captured guns into service as the 7.62 cm Infanteriekanonehaubitze 290(r), while in the Finnish army they were known as 76 RK/27.
23. Володимирська гірка
Volodymyrska Hill or Saint Volodymyr Hill is a large 10.6 hectares (0.106 km2) park located on the steep right-bank of the Dnipro River in central Kyiv, the capital of Ukraine. Its most famous and prominent landmark is the Monument to Prince Volodymyr. The monument, with its prominent location and overlooking the scenic panorama of the left-bank of Kyiv, has since become one of the symbols of Kyiv, often depicted in paintings and photographic works of the city. The Hill provides an excellent panorama of the Dinpro River, the Left Bank, and Podil
The ISU-152 is a Soviet self-propelled gun developed and used during World War II. It was unofficially nicknamed zveroboy in response to several large German tanks and guns coming into service, including Tigers and Panthers. Since the ISU-152's gun was mounted in a casemate, aiming it was awkward, and had to be done by repositioning the entire vehicle using the tracks. Therefore, it was used as mobile artillery to support more mobile infantry and armor attacks. It continued service into the 1970s and was used in several campaigns and countries.
25. Патріарший Собор Воскресіння Христового
The Cathedral of the Resurrection of Christ is the main cathedral of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church, located in Kyiv, the capital of Ukraine. The church was opened on March 27, 2011. While the locally-used term "patriarchal" reflects Ukrainian Greek Catholic desire to have their major archbishop recognized as a "patriarch," the Catholic Church does not officially regard this sui iuris church as a "patriarchate," just as the largest branches of Orthodox Christianity in Ukraine do not regard their respective bishops of Kyiv as "patriarchs."
26. М.П. Кирпоносу
Mikhail Petrovich Kirponos was a Soviet Ukrainian general of the Red Army during World War II. Being accorded the highest military decoration, the Hero of the Soviet Union title, for the skill and courage in commanding a division in the 1939-1940 Finnish campaign, Kirponos is remembered for his leading role in the failed defense of Ukraine during the Battle of Brody, the Battle of Uman, and Kiev in the 1941 German invasion of the Soviet Union. He was killed by a landmine while trying to break out of the Kiev encirclement on 20 September 1941.
27. Храм великомученика Димитрія Солунського
The Church of the Great Martyr Dimitri Solunsky is an Orthodox church in the village of Zhuliany, Kyiv. After Zhuliany joined Kyiv, she became the oldest wooden church in the city. Confessionally belongs to the ROC Moscow Patriarchate, the charity of the western district of the Kiev Metropolitanate of the Russian Orthodox Church. The feast day is the great martyr Dimitri of Thessalonica. The abbot of the church is Archbishop Nicholas (Pochtovyi), the priests of the church are Archpriest Basil Muzyka, Archpriest George Gaborets.
28. БМ-21 «Град»
The BM-21 "Grad" is a self-propelled 122 mm multiple rocket launcher designed in the Soviet Union. The system and the M-21OF rocket were first developed in the early 1960s, and saw their first combat use in March 1969 during the Sino-Soviet border conflict. BM stands for boyevaya mashina, and the nickname grad means "hail". The complete system with the BM-21 launch vehicle and the M-21OF rocket is designated as the M-21 field-rocket system. The complete system is more commonly known as a Grad multiple rocket launcher system.
29. Колона Магдебурзького права
The Monument to the Magdeburg Rights is a monument commemorating the return to Kyiv of its Magdeburg rights, which granted its right to self government. It is located in Podil Raion, Kyiv, at the foothills of the former Mykhailo Hill, next to the Shore Highway. It is considered to be the city's oldest monument. It is also called the Column of the Magdeburg Rights, the Baptizing of Ruthenia Monument, and the Lower Monument of the Saint Volodymyr. It is a scenic spot overlooking the Dnieper river, popular for local baptisms.
30. Будинок з химерами
House with Chimaeras or Horodecki House is an Art Nouveau building located in the historic Lypky neighborhood of Kyiv, the capital of Ukraine. Situated across the street from the President of Ukraine's office at No. 10, Bankova Street, the building has been used as a presidential residence for official and diplomatic ceremonies since 2005. The street in front of the building is closed off to all automobile traffic, and is now a patrolled pedestrian zone due to its near proximity to the Presidential Administration building.
Z-3. 76 mm division gun. The main designer is in. Grabin city. The development of artillery began in May 1941. On February 12, 1942, it was adopted in weapons, officially named "1942 76 mm Division Gun Sample", and entered the army after many modifications. Between 1942 and 1945, the world's first cannon assembled on a conveyor and the largest cannon of the German-Soviet war all fired 103,000 units. Got the unofficial name of "Victory Weapon". According to some information, several countries are still under arms control.
The D-1 howitzer M1943 is a Soviet World War II-era 152.4 mm howitzer. The gun was developed by the design bureau headed by F. F. Petrov in 1942 and 1943, based on the carriage of the 122 mm howitzer M1938 (M-30) and using the barrel of the 152 mm howitzer M1938 (M-10). The powerful and mobile D-1, with its wide range of ammunition, significantly increased the firepower and breakthrough abilities of Red Army tank and motor rifle formations. Several hundred D-1s were manufactured before the end of World War II.
33. Б. Антоненку-Давидовичу
Borys Antonenko-Davydovych, born Borys Davydov was a Ukrainian writer, translator and linguist. During the Great Purge he was sentenced to the death penalty, which was later replaced with ten years jail in a gulag. Antonenko-Davydovych wrote a number of prose books; he had been translating from German and Russian. One of the most famous of his works is "How do we speak" (Як ми говоримо) in which typical mistakes of Ukrainian speakers made under the influence of Russian language are considered.
34. Національний музей історії України
The National Museum of the History of Ukraine illustrates Ukraine's history from ancient times till nowadays. It is one of the leading museums in Ukraine. It holds about 800 000 items in its collection, approximately 22 000 exhibits on permanent display. The museum holds world-famous archaeological, numismatic, ethnographic and weapons collections, pieces of decorative and applied arts, manuscripts, prints, paintings and graphics, relics of the Ukrainian national liberation movement of the 20th century.
35. Національний музей Голодомору-геноциду
The National Museum of the Holodomor-Genocide, formerly known as the Memorial in Commemoration of the Holodomor-Genocide in Ukraine, is Ukraine's national museum and a world-class centre devoted to the victims of the Holodomor of 1932–1933. The museum was opened on the day of the 75th anniversary of the Holodomor in 2008. It gained the status of a national museum in 2010. The museum is located on the Pechersk Hills on the right bank of the Dnieper river in Kyiv, adjacent to the Kyiv Pechersk Lavra.
36. Хрестовоздвиженська церква
The Church of the Exaltation of the Honest Cross of the Lord, the Church of the Exaltation of the Honest Cross of the Lord "on Kozhumyaki" is the current church in Kiev, on Podil, an architectural monument of the XIX century. It is named after one of the most prominent Christian holidays: the Exaltation of the Honest and Life-giving Cross of the Lord. The name of Vozdvyzhenska Street is associated with the church, which begins near it and ends at the intersection with St. Andrew's Descent.
The BTR-50 is a Soviet amphibious armored personnel carrier (APC) based on the PT-76 light tank. The BTR-50 is tracked, unlike most in the BTR series, which are wheeled. The BTR-50 shares many similarities with two other APCs, the OT-62 TOPAS and the Type 77. While the OT-62 is an improved copy of the BTR-50 developed jointly by Czechoslovakia and Poland, the Type 77, based on the Type 63 amphibious light tank developed by the People's Republic of China (PRC), is not a copy of the BTR-50.
38. Храм Успіння Пресвятої Богородиці
The Pyrohoshcha Dormition of the Mother of God Church or simply Pyrohoshcha Church is an Orthodox church in Kyiv in the historical neighbourhood Podil. The original church was built in 1130s by the Mstyslav I the Great of Kyiv. It was the main church of Podil, and was a temporary cathedral of Kyiv Metropolitanate in the early 17 century. In 1613 the church was reconstructured in Renaissance style, and then in 18th-19th centuries was rebuilt in Ukrainian Baroque and Neoclassicism styles.
The IS-3 is a Soviet heavy tank developed in late 1944. Its semi-hemispherical cast turret, became the hallmark of post-war Soviet tanks. Its pike nose design would also be mirrored by other tanks of the IS tank family such as the IS-7 and T-10. Too late to see combat in World War II, the IS-3 participated in the Berlin Victory Parade of 1945, in the border conflict during the Sino-Soviet split, the Soviet invasion of Hungary, the Prague Spring and on both sides during the Six-Day War.
The BMD-1 is a Soviet airborne amphibious tracked infantry fighting vehicle, which was introduced in 1969 and first seen by the West in 1970. BMD stands for Boyevaya Mashina Desanta. It can be dropped by parachute and although it resembles the BMP-1 it is in fact much smaller. The BMD-1 was used as an IFV by the Soviet Army's airborne divisions. An improved variant of the BMD-1 was developed, the BMD-2. The BMD-1 also provided a basis for the BTR-D airborne multi-purpose tracked APC.
41. Український Національний Музей «Чорнобиль»
The Ukrainian National Chernobyl Museum is a history museum in Kyiv, Ukraine, dedicated to the 1986 Chernobyl disaster and its consequences. It houses an extensive collection of visual media, artifacts, scale models, and other representational items designed to educate the public about many aspects of the disaster. Several exhibits depict the technical progression of the accident, and there are also many areas dedicated to the loss of life and cultural ramifications of the disaster.
42. Музей історії туалету
The Toilet History Museum is a private museum in Kyiv, Ukraine that contains the largest collection of toilet-related souvenirs and items in the world, including historic chamber pots, squatting pans, and urinals. The museum was founded in 2006 by a Ukrainian couple who worked in the plumbing business and is currently housed in a building within the Kyiv Fortress. In 2016, the Guinness Book of Records recognized it as "the largest collection of souvenir toilet bowls in the world".
43. Музей непотрібних речей
The museum is one of the strangest museums in Kiev. Located in the territory of the invading treatment plant of the "Kyiv invasion". This enterprise undertakes the collection, primary processing and processing of waste recycling of papermaking, polymer, textile, rubber and glass, and undertakes the collection of waste materials of non-ferrous metals and ferrous metals. The museum is known as the Museum of Antiques, the Museum of Invaders, or the "Museum of Unnecessary Things."
44. Київська фортеця
The Kyiv Fortress or Kiev Fortress is a historical and architectural monument complex of Russian fortifications in Kyiv, Ukraine built from the 17th through 19th centuries. Construction began after the 1654 Council in Pereyaslav, on the site of the already existing fortified monastery of Kyiv Pechersk Lavra. Located on the hills of the high right bank of the Dnieper, bounded on the north by the Klovsky ravine, on the south and west - by the slopes of the Lybid River valley.
45. Парк «Юність»
Park "Yunist" is a small park in Sviatoshynskyi district of Kyiv. It was created in 1979 by students from surrounding schools. On the territory of the park there are several playgrounds, the Church of St. Spyridon trimifuntsky UOC MP, the summer cinema "Crystal" . Since 2011, it has the status of a monument of landscape art of local importance. In 2015, two labyrinths were made. In 2020, the park and the bridge-crossing to the Intrenational Park were reconstructed
46. Семененко Микола
Mykola Panteleimonovych Semenenko — Ukrainian geologist, full member of the Academy of Sciences of the Ukrainian SSR, Honored Worker of Science of the Ukrainian SSR, Academician-Secretary of the Presidium of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR (1948-1950), Vice-President of the Academy of Sciences of the Ukrainian SSR (1950-1970), founder and director of the Institute of Geochemistry and Physics of Minerals of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR (1969-1977).
The T-70 was a light tank used by the Red Army during World War II, replacing both the T-60 scout tank for reconnaissance and the T-50 light infantry tank for infantry support. The T-80 light tank was a more advanced version of the T-70 with a two-man turret—it was produced only in very small numbers when light tank production was abandoned. The T-90 self-propelled anti-aircraft gun was a prototype vehicle with twin machine guns, based on the T-70 chassis.
48. 2Б9 «Волошка»
The 2B9 Vasilek (Cornflower) is an automatic 82 mm gun-mortar developed in the Soviet Union in 1967 and fielded with the Soviet Army in 1970. It was based on the F-82 automatic mortar. Unlike conventional mortars, the 2B9 can fire in single and automatic mode using four-round clips. Rounds can be loaded from either the muzzle or the breech. Because of its wheeled carriage, the 2B9 resembles a light artillery piece more than a conventional mortar.
49. Миколі Ватутіну
Nikolai Fyodorovich Vatutin was a Soviet military commander during World War II. Vatutin was responsible for many Red Army operations in Ukraine as commander of the Southwestern Front, and the Voronezh Front during the Battle of Kursk. During the Soviet offensive to retake right-bank Ukraine, Vatutin led the 1st Ukrainian Front, responsible for the Red Army's offensives to the west and south-west of Kiev and the eventual liberation of the city.
50. Кам'яниця київського війта
The house of the Kiev viyt is an architectural monument of the xvii - xviii centuries in Kiev, located on Podil at ul. Konstantinovskaya 6/8. The oldest surviving residential building in Kiev, has an original volumetric-spatial composition with features of a defensive structure. Today it operates as part of the Kyiv Scientific and Methodological Center for the Protection, Restoration and Use of Monuments of History, Culture and Protected Areas.
The 37 mm automatic air defense gun M1939 (61-K) is a Soviet 37 mm calibre anti-aircraft gun developed during the late 1930s and used during World War II. The land-based version was replaced in Soviet service by the AZP S-60 during the 1950s. Guns of this type were successfully used throughout the Eastern Front against dive bombers and other low- and medium-altitude targets. It also had some usefulness against lightly armoured ground targets.
52. Академік Копитов Віктор Филимонович
Viktor Filimonovich Kopytov is a Ukrainian scientist of Soviet times in the field of metallurgical heat engineering and industrial furnaces, in 1967 he was an academician of the Academy of Sciences of the Ukrainian SSR, he was awarded the Order of the October Revolution, 2 orders of the Red Banner of Labor, medals. 1954 — Doctor of Technical Sciences, 1957 — Professor, 1981 — Honored Worker of Science and Technology of the UKRAINIAN SSR.
The Menora Monument is a monument to the killing of innocent Jewish citizens in Babial during the Second World War. It was founded on September 29, 1991, the 50th anniversary of the first mass execution of Jews. From the former office of the Jewish cemetery to the monument, a "sad road" paved with ceramic tiles was laid. Inscription on Stone-Hebrew on the left and Ukrainian on the right: "The sound of your brother's blood is behind me."
The BRDM-2 is an amphibious armoured scout car used by states that were part of the Soviet Union and its allies. It was also known under the designations BTR-40PB, BTR-40P-2 and GAZ 41-08. This vehicle, like many other Soviet designs, has been exported extensively and is in use in at least 38 countries. It was intended to replace the older BRDM-1, and has improved amphibious capabilities and better armament compared to its predecessor.
The Mikoyan MiG-29 is a twin-engine fighter aircraft designed in the Soviet Union. Developed by the Mikoyan design bureau as an air superiority fighter during the 1970s, the MiG-29, along with the larger Sukhoi Su-27, was developed to counter new U. S. fighters such as the McDonnell Douglas F-15 Eagle and the General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon. The MiG-29 entered service with the Soviet Air Forces in 1982.
56. Монумент бойової слави
A monument commemorating the teachers and students of Kiev University of Technology who died in the Soviet-German War and commemorating the teachers and students in the University of Technology. On November 3, 1967, on the northeast side of Kepi Park, at the entrance of Victory Avenue, there is a required concrete slab in the square. The author of the sculptor, G. Frost, oh. Sulov, the architect is. Mr. Sober.
57. Памятник АН-2
The Antonov An-2 is a Soviet mass-produced single-engine biplane utility/agricultural aircraft designed and manufactured by the Antonov Design Bureau beginning in 1947. Its remarkable durability, high lifting power, and ability to take off and land from poor runways have given it a long service life. The An-2 was produced up to 2001 and remains in service with military and civilian operators around the world.
58. Церква Всіх Святих
The temple at the economic gate is part of the lava of all the saints' churches, a brick cave in Kyiv, a symbol of xviii architecture. Built in 16961698 in Ukrainian baroque style by the cat of Ivnamazepa of Iteman, Germany, the interior frescoes were completed in the early xx century. Led by Ukrainian artist Ivian Hedgehog. The festival celebrated is celebrated on the first Sunday after the top three.
59. Особняк Закса
Osobnyak Zaksa is an architectural monument in the Pechersk district of Kyiv, located on Lipskaya Street, 4. It was built in 1873 by architect V. Nikolaev in the Neo-Renaissance style. In 1896, architect A.-F. Krauss made a superstructure on the mansion. The house is a characteristic example of The Lipki building of the late XIX — early XX century and the main compositional accent of the quarter.
The monument to the literary character Panikovsky is a monument to the character of the novel by Ilf and Petrov "The Golden Calf", Mikhail Samuelovich Panikovsky, built on the place where, according to the text of the novel, it was at the beginning of the XX century. engaged in fraud, pretending to be blind and deceiving gullible passers-by. The opening of the monument took place on May 31, 1998.
61. Немошкаленко Володимир
Volodymyr Volodymyrovych Nemoshkalenko was Ukrainian physicist, full member (academician) of the National Academy of Science of Ukraine (1982). Most known for the development and application of methods of computational physics in the solid state spectroscopy and, in particular, for the discovery of the phenomenon of inoxidability of simple forms of matter on the surface of the celestial bodies.
The Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21 is a supersonic jet fighter and interceptor aircraft, designed by the Mikoyan-Gurevich Design Bureau in the Soviet Union. Its nicknames include: "balalaika", because its planform resembles the stringed musical instrument of the same name; "Ołówek", Polish for "pencil", due to the shape of its fuselage, and "Én Bạc", meaning "silver swallow", in Vietnamese.
63. Спасо-Преображенська церква
The refectory chamber at the Vydubych monastery is an architectural monument of the early XVIII century. This is an elongated building in plan with a small Transfiguration Church at the eastern end of the building. It stands next to St. George's Cathedral, built with it at the same time. The refectory has completely retained its original appearance - it was not built or rebuilt.
64. Міський сад
City Park is a park in Kyiv located between Khreshchatyi Park and Mariinskyi Park. Along with Volodymyr Hill, Khreshchatyi Park, Mariinskyi Park, Askold's Grave, and Park of the Eternal Glory, it creates one big elongated park zone along the right bank of Dnieper. The park has an area of 11.7 ha. The main feature of the park is a sports venue, Lobanovsky Dynamo Stadium.
65. Анна Ярославна
Incense Spring Fragrance, Prince of Kyiv-The keel sculpture of the future prince of St. Keefe in Ukraine, the daughter of the Notre Dame prince of St. Keefe, the future prince of Siowa, in the form of children; In the center of Lion City Square. The prince spent her childhood in Kyiv, and when she was about 18, she became the wife of Gentian I and moved to the franchise.
66. Меморіал Вічної Слави
The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier is a war memorial located in the Ukrainian capital of Kyiv, dedicated to the soldiers of the Red Army killed in the Second World War. It is situated at the Memorial of Eternal Glory inside the Park of Eternal Glory. The memorial is a 27 meters high obelisk, with an eternal flame burning at the tomb. The Alley of Heroes leads to the tomb.
67. Синагога Бродського
The Brodsky Choral Synagogue is the second largest synagogue in Kyiv, Ukraine. It was built in the Romanesque Revival style resembling a classical basilica. The original tripartite facade with a large central avant-corps flanked by lower wings also echoed the characteristic design of some Moorish Revival synagogues, such as the Leopoldstädter Tempel in Vienna.
68. Іллінська церква
St. Elijah's Church is one of the most historically interesting temple buildings in Kyiv Podil with more than a thousand years of chronicle history. It is located at the corner of Naberezhno-Khreshchatytska and Pochaynynska streets and is an important architectural accent in the construction of Podil and the compositional dominant of the Dnieper embankment.
69. Маріїнський палац
The Mariana Palace in Kyiv is the official ceremonial residence of the Ukrainian president. In 17501755, according to samples of the Royal Palace merged, the Royal Palace promoted Voltolemy Rastrelli for the cloister of the psychic, favorite, and actual Queen's husband Elizabeth. During his visit to Kyiv in 1744, Jerisabeth himself chose a place for him.
70. Маріїнський парк
A Mariana Park in Kyiv, opposite the House of the Supreme Council and the Mariana Palace between Mikhail Pear Tree Street and the slope of Park Road; By the Council of Ministers of Ukraine 20.01. A resolution of 19600 proclaimed a patent for park gardening with universal government significance. Number 105. The total area of the park is 14.57 hectares.
The Soviet 160 mm Mortar M1943 is a smoothbore breech loading heavy mortar which fired a 160 mm bomb. The M1943 was one of the heaviest mortar used by Soviet troops in World War II. Around 535 of these weapons were fielded with Soviet forces during the war. It was replaced in Soviet service after World War II by the M-160 mortar of the same caliber.
72. Михайлівський собор
St. Michael's Golden-Domed Monastery is a monastery in Kyiv, the capital of Ukraine. The monastery is located on the edge of the bank of the Dnieper River, northeast of the Saint Sophia Cathedral. The site is located in the historic administrative Uppertown and overlooks the city's historical commercial and merchant quarter, the Podil neighbourhood.
73. Болбочан Петро Федорович
Petro Bolbochan was a Ukrainian military figure of Romanian origins, colonel of the UPR Army, leader of the Crimean operation against the Bolsheviks to establishment of Ukrainian power on the territory of the peninsula and taking control of the Black Sea Fleet. From November 1918 to January 1919, Bolbochan headed the Defense of Northeastern Ukraine.
The BMP-1 is a Soviet amphibious tracked infantry fighting vehicle. BMP stands for Boyevaya Mashina Pyekhoty 1, meaning "infantry fighting vehicle, 1st serial model". The BMP-1 was the first mass-produced infantry fighting vehicle (IFV) of the Soviet Union. It was called the M-1967, BMP and BMP-76PB by NATO before its correct designation was known.
75. Пушина Феодора
Fedora Pushina was a lieutenant in the 520th Rifle Regiment of the 167th Rifle Division in the 38th Army on the 1st Ukrainian Front during the Second World War. She was posthumously awarded the title Hero of the Soviet Union on 10 January 1944 after she died of wounds from rescuing soldiers in a burning hospital in Kiev on 6 November 1943.
76. Парк «Перемога»
The "Victory" Park in the Dnieper River area of Kiev commemorates the victory of people all over the world in the German-Soviet War. Chief architect of black Aegilops seeds. Architects Michael Schilling, Ye Jiasu, and. I'm Gilchen, BlackBerry Slam Dunk, Samurai Weinstein and bush meat Mesenye. Located near the subway "Gift Giver" station.
77. Національна філармонія України
The National Philharmonic of Ukraine, often referred to as Kyiv Philharmonic and National Philharmonic, is a complex of two adjacent concert halls in the Khrestchaty Park in Kyiv, Ukraine. Formerly the Merchant's House, the building's use for musical performances is associated with the Philharmonic Society, established by Mykola Lysenko.
78. Будинок Ковалевського
This mansion, located at the Blacksmith's Monument to the history and architecture of the early xx century, is at the corner of Eagle's Saw Blade Street, in tequila silk. It was summed up by an architect named Alshoni the Peacock in 1911-1913 at the request of an official named Vimovich Kovalevski by an architect named Paul Alshoni.
The BTR-152 is a six-wheeled Soviet armored personnel carrier, built on the chassis and drive train of a ZIS-151 utility truck. It entered service with a number of Warsaw Pact member states beginning in 1950, and formed the mainstay of Soviet motor rifle battalions until the advent of the amphibious BTR-60 series during the 1960s.
80. Трефілов Віктор
Vic Ivanovich Trefilov physicist and materials scientist, professor, academician Ann Ursl, academician Ann Selsl, academician of wound, academician of open-field engineering academy and academician of international ceramic academy. 1976-1990 Member of ck kpu. Deputy to the 911th convening meeting of Ukraine's rsr Supreme Council.
81. Троїцька надбрамна церква
The Gate Church of the Trinity is a historic church of the ancient cave monastery of Kyiv Pechersk Lavra in Kyiv, the capital of Ukraine. Originally being built as a Kievan Rus' style church, the Gate Church of the Trinity is now decorated in the Ukrainian Baroque style, having been reconstructed many times through its history.
The 85-mm antitank gun D-48 was a Soviet 85-mm calibre anti-tank gun used after World War II. It was designed as the replacement for the 100 mm field gun M1944 (BS-3). Distinguishing features of the D-48 include a very long barrel and a pepper-pot muzzle brake. The D-48 was itself replaced in the 1960s by the T-12 antitank gun.
The BTR-70 is an eight-wheeled armored personnel carrier originally developed by the Soviet Union during the late 1960s under the manufacturing code GAZ-4905. On August 21, 1972, it was accepted into Soviet service and would later be widely exported. Large quantities were also produced under license in Romania as the TAB-77.
84. Музей історії Києва
The Museum of the History of Kyiv is a museum and exhibition complex consisting of a permanent historical exposition and an exhibition center. It represents a variety of historical, artistic and educational projects. It covers various aspects of the history, literature, science, art, social and political life of the city.
85. Кривоглаз Михаил
Mikhail Aleksandrovich Krivoglas is a theoretical physicist in the field of solid-state physics, Ph. D. Professor of Physics and Mathematical Sciences, and a Communication Fellow of the Academy of Sciences of the Soviet Socialist Republic of Ukraine. Winner of the State Award of the Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic.
86. Київський літературно-меморіальний музей-квартира М. Бажана
The Kyiv Literary Memorial Museum peacefully welcomed its opening on October 26, 2004 in an apartment where Mikola Horn, a prominent Ukrainian poet, translator and public figure, lived for about four decades. According to his wife n's bequest. In the preferred lounge, it is in this room that the museum was established.
Kiev City Art Museum "Laurel" Major City Art Museum Kiev, Address: Veil. Lavska, 1, is a historic building in Weixin Store, a fortress in Kiev. Opened in 1996. Since 2013, the Kyiv City Art Gallery "Laurel" has been headed by an art critic named Tatian Peace and a stable award winner named "Plato the Moby Dick 2021".
88. Музей Іграшок
The Toy Museum of the Ministry of Education is a museum with a unique toy collection since 1930s. The museum displays the history of industrial toys, Ukrainian folk toys and the works of the authors. Located in tequila. Work began on January 1, 2005. There are more than 15,000 exhibits in the museum collection.
89. Кім Со Воль
Kim Sowol was a Korean language poet famous for his contributions to early modern poetry. Throughout his life he wrote his poignant poetry in a style reminiscent of traditional Korean folk songs. The most prized example of this style was "Azaleas (진달래꽃)", the title poem of his sole collection of poetry.
Solomon Naumovich Rabinovich, better known under his pen name Sholem Aleichem, was a Yiddish author and playwright. The 1964 musical Fiddler on the Roof, based on his stories about Tevye the Dairyman, was the first commercially successful English-language stage production about Jewish life in Eastern Europe.
91. Екіпажу бронепоїзду «Таращанець»
The Tarashchanets Armored Train Crew Monument is a monument to the Red Army Armored Train Tarashchanets heroes who defended the Darnitsky railway hub for nearly six days in August 1919, and on the evening of August 30, rejected the offer of surrender, and the crew blew up the armored train and died with it.
92. Микола Гоголь
The monument to Nikolai Gogol is a monument in honor of the Russian-Ukrainian writer Nikolai Gogol. It was opened in Kyiv in 1982, in the year of the 130th anniversary of the writer's death and the 1500th anniversary of Kyiv. It is located at the junction of rusanovskaya embankment and Rusanovsky boulevard.
93. Церква Святого Олександра
St. Kant's Church. Alexandra in Kyiv is a Roman Catholic temple built between 1817 and 1842, located at the junction of aisles, with a classical dome. The church is located in the Polish merchant commune Lacka Sloboda, Vis à-Vis Independence Square and the front quarter of Lacka Gate, at 17 Church Street.
The BTR-40 is a Soviet non-amphibious, wheeled armoured personnel carrier and reconnaissance vehicle. It is often referred to as the Sorokovka in Soviet service. It is also the first mass-produced Soviet APC. It was eventually replaced in the APC role by the BTR-152 and in the scout car role by the BRDM-1.
95. Музей українського народного декоративного мистецтва
Ukrainian Folk Decoration Art Museum, Namundm, one of the largest art galleries in Ukraine. Located in the country's Kyiv Cave Historic and Cultural Reserve, it is housed in the premises of the metropolis's former maid and adjacent caress churches, monuments built by xviii in the early nineteenth century.
The 122-mm howitzer D-30 is a Soviet howitzer that first entered service in 1960. It is a robust piece that focuses on the essential features of a towed field gun suitable for all conditions. The D-30 has a maximum range of 15.4 kilometers, or over 21 km using rocket-assisted projectile ammunition.
The BRDM-1 is a Soviet amphibious armored scout car. It was the first purpose-built Soviet reconnaissance vehicle to enter service since the BA-64 and was built on the chassis and drive train of the BTR-40 armored personnel carrier. It is the world's first mass-produced combat vehicle of its class.
98. Пам'ятник Чорнобильцям
Chernobyl Victims Memorial Sign A Kyiv memorial complex commemorating the victims of the nuclear accident at the fourth power plant of Chernobyl nuclear power plant; Located in the San Tochin district of the scenic park, it is located at the intersection of Chernobyl Street with Victory Avenue.
99. Парк ім. Зерова
Mykola Zerov Park is a city park located in the Solomianskyi district of Kyiv, along Povitroflotsky Avenue between Solomianska and Preobrazhenska streets. The area is 4.11 hectares. The park is dominated by deciduous trees — maples, lindens, poplars. The number of bushes is relatively small.
100. Пригоди Буратино
"The Golden Key, or the Adventures of Pinocchio" is a fairy tale by Alexei Nikolaevich Tolstoy, which is a literary treatment of Carlo Collodi's fairy tale "The Adventures of Pinocchio. The Story of a Wooden Doll". Tolstoy dedicated the book to his future wife Lyudmila Ilyovna Krestinsky.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.