Explore interesting sights in Cherkasy, Ukraine. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 9 sights are available in Cherkasy, Ukraine.Sightseeing Tours in Cherkasy
The T-64 is a Soviet tank manufactured in Kharkiv, and designed by Alexander Morozov. The tank was introduced in the early 1960s. It was a more advanced counterpart to the T-62: the T-64 served in tank divisions, while the T-62 supported infantry in motorized rifle divisions. It introduced a number of advanced features including composite armour, a compact engine and transmission, and a smoothbore 125-mm gun equipped with an autoloader to allow the crew to be reduced to three so the tank could be smaller and lighter. In spite of being armed and armoured like a heavy tank, the T-64 weighed only 38 tonnes.
The 122 mm howitzer M1938 (M-30) is a Soviet 121.92 mm (4.8 inch) howitzer. The weapon was developed by the design bureau of Motovilikha Plants, headed by F. F. Petrov, in the late 1930s, and was in production from 1939 to 1955. The M-30 saw action in World War II, mainly as a divisional artillery piece of the Red Army (RKKA). Captured guns were also employed later in the conflict by the German Wehrmacht and the Finnish Army. Post World War II the M-30 saw combat in numerous conflicts of the mid- to late twentieth century in service of other countries' armies, notably in the Middle East.
The Sukhoi Su-7 is a swept wing, supersonic fighter aircraft developed by the Soviet Union in 1955. Originally, it was designed as a tactical, low-level dogfighter, but was not successful in this role. On the other hand, the soon-introduced Su-7B series became the main Soviet fighter-bomber and ground-attack aircraft of the 1960s. The Su-7 was rugged in its simplicity, but its Lyulka AL-7 engine had such high fuel consumption that it seriously limited the aircraft's payload, as even short-range missions required that at least two hardpoints be used to carry drop tanks rather than ordnance.
4. Rose Valley
Troyand is a park-memorial of garden and park art in Ukraine located near the central part of the city of Cherkasy, at the Gagarin Street, on the shore of Kremenchug reservoir, from which the forest is fenced. Near the park is a memorial complex of the Hill of Glory.
5. Богдану Хмельницькому пам'ятник
Monument to Bogdan Khmelnytskyi - a monument to the Ukrainian hetman Bogdan Khmelnytskyi, organizer and head of the liberation competitions of the Ukrainian people in the middle of the XVII century (Khmelnytskyi), established in the city of Cherkasy in 1995.
The 76-mm divisional gun M1942 (ZiS-3) was a Soviet 76.2 mm divisional field gun used during World War II. ZiS was a factory designation and stood for Zavod imeni Stalina, the honorific title of Artillery Factory No. 92, which first constructed this gun.
7. Музей «Кобзаря» Т. Г. Шевченка
8. Козацький парк
Cossack Park is a local parking park. The object is located on the territory of Cherkasy region, residential district "Customs", between the house № 7 on Kozatskaya Street and the house № 12/2 on Pryportiv Street.
9. Пам'ятник Борцям за волю України
The monument to fighters for the will of Ukraine is a monument in Cherkasy, opened on April 23, 2016. It is dedicated to all generations of Ukrainian soldiers who fought for national statehood of Ukraine.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.