Here you can find interesting sights in Tainan, Taiwan. Click on a marker on the map to view details about the sight. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 43 sights are available in Tainan, Taiwan.Back to the list of cities in Taiwan
The Anping Branch of the Tainan Branch of the former Governor's Monopoly Bureau was located in Anping District, Tainan City. On May 13, 1992 (2003), the Tainan Municipal Government announced that it was a city monument. The building is one of the four branches managed by the Salt Affairs Office of the Tainan Monopoly Bureau during the Japanese Rigidity of Taiwan. It is responsible for managing the storage, sales, inspection and other related affairs of salt. During the Japanese rule, there were also coal stacks on the east near it, the Taiwan Salt Still Corporation Office on the west, and the torment of salt factories, the northern salt laboratory and the experimental factory and the south of the test salt field. Building in the room. In addition, there were sixteen offices (Japanese :), and this building was one of the only surviving salt halls in Japan during Japan.
Zhuxi Temple, located in The South District of Tainan City, Taiwan, is one of the Seven Temples and Eight Temples of Fucheng City, Taiwan, and one of the four ancient temples in Tainan. The temple belongs to the Zen Gate Linji Sect and enshrines the Three Treasures of Shakyamuni Buddha, Medicine Buddha and Amitabha Buddha in the main hall. Its location is adjacent to Zhuxi, and the ancient name barrel plate is shallow. The temple has a plaque called "Ran World", which is one of the three famous plaques in Tainan. In addition, after the Nichiha-ji Xilai'an Incident occurred, although the Tainan Xilai'an was demolished, the statue of the God of The Five Blessings that was originally enshrined in the nunnery was taken to the temple by the monks to be enshrined.
The first Temple of Heaven, located in the middle and west district of Tainan City, Taiwan, is mainly a Taoist temple of the Jade Emperor, once the highest point of the city-ling. Tainan, the Temple of Heaven, commonly known as the New Heaven Temple. Originally the altar of the Zheng Dynasty, the temple was built on the original site in the fourth year of Xianfeng of the Qing Dynasty (1854). In 1985, it was designated as a tertiary monument by the Republic of China government. After 1997, the Cultural Assets Preservation Law was amended and cancelled the three-level grading system, it has been changed to monuments designated by a municipality directly under the Central Government. Now with kaiji jade palace for Tainan city two big day gong temple.
Tainan Kaiji Jade Palace, folk commonly known as the old Tiangong Temple, located in the north district of Tainan City, the former fu town Beifang, built in the Ming Zheng Era, the main worship of the Jade Emperor God, is the lord of the ten thousand heavens, for the supreme god of the celestial realm, dominate the three realms, honored as the Jade Emperor Xuan Qiong High God, commonly known as the Heavenly Gong, Tiangong Ancestor, Jade Emperor, for Taiwan's earliest worship of the Jade Emperor God, the Jade Emperor Four Highnesses, the Jade Emperor Three Princesses of the First Temple. At present, it is the same as the Temple of Heaven, the first temple in Taiwan, as the two major temples in Tainan City.
Former Tainan Higher Industrial School, located in the successful campus of the National Chenggong University of East District, Tainan City, Taiwan. At the beginning of the school's founding school, the full name was "Taiwan Governor's Tainan Higher Industrial School". One of the three major schools of Governor's House. In the 1988 (1999) November 19th, the "Our Museum" (now the Museum of Museum now), the "Lecture Hall" (now the Data Zhitang), the "Chemistry Lab" and "Book Class" ( Today, the Grand Physics Department) is announced as a monument in Tainan City. In addition, the three departments on the east side of the campus are also school buildings during the Japanese rule. high.
Located in the Central and Western District of Tainan City, Taiwan, Sanjiao Town Harbor Hai'an Temple is a temple dedicated to Mazu. The origin is that the three suburbs of Fucheng were built from Meizhou in the first year of Qianlong (1736) to welcome Mazu incense, and after the Lin Shuangwen Incident, Fu Kang'an expanded it to thank Mazu for blessing the army to cross the sea to Taiwan; the other is that Hai'an Palace, like Lukang Xinzu Palace, was a temple built by Fu Kang'an after the Lin Shuangwen Incident. Because the temple is located in the former Nanshi Port area of Wutiao Port in Tainan, adjacent to the town of Dutou, it is also called the town port Mazu.
Anping Lingji Temple is located in Anping District, Tainan City, Taiwan. The temple was originally known as Xianshi Palace. Because of the worship with the Bao Sheng Dasheng and the God of Xuantian, it was the "Spirit" of the "Ling" of the "General System" Spirit "King" Ling "and the Emperor Bao Sheng Grand" Ji "Ji" Palace "and Xuan. Heavenly God's "Arctic" Hall "" synthesizes the name of the temple. In the temple, the "Tongen" and "Xue Jinhai" were in the temple, which belonged to the three emperors of Xue, Zhou, and Zeng, respectively. In addition, the "Xue Jinhai" boat shed is made of thatch, which is different from the general king boat.
The former Hall and Lecture Hall of Tainan State Second Middle School were located in the East District of Tainan City. On November 19, 1988 (1999), it was announced as Tainan City. The earliest school was the school area of Zhuyuan's ordinary elementary schools. Later, the school moved to a new school building in Garden -cho, and all the school buildings were transferred to Tainan State Second Middle School, which originally only borrowed some school buildings and updated the school building. The school building now belongs to the National Tainan No. 1 Senior High School.
The remnants of the City Wall of Taiwan are the only remnants of the City of Taiwan, founded in 1788, in the present-day city of Tainan, Taiwan. Two of the remnants are larger in scale, and another small section of the remnants were originally listed as municipal monuments, and at the end of December 2020, they were upgraded to national monuments through the review of "Taiwan Fucheng City Gate and City Wall Remnants" with the "Ruins of Taiwan Fucheng Gate and City Wall" with the Douyue Gate, Great South Gate, Dadongmen and Xunfang Fort, and will be announced in the future.
The original Nanmen Ordinary Elementary School is located in Nanmen Town, Zhongxi District, Tainan City, during the Japanese rule, and was announced as a historical building in Tainan City on July 16, 2001, the 90th year of the Republic of China (2001). The building was the "Nanmen Ordinary Primary School" (Tainan No. 2 Ordinary Elementary School, Nanmen National School) during the Japanese occupation of Taiwan, and once served as the tainan municipal government after World War II, and is now the school building of Tainan Municipal Jianxing National High School.
The former Tainan weather station, located in the central and west part of Tainan City, is one of the first batch of the 1st stations established in the early days of 1898. It is also the oldest existing meteorological building in Taiwan. The building has a 12-meter high cylindrical wind tower, surrounded by a lower one-story 18-shaped office space, located at the highest point of the former Tainan City, the old name is "Jinling Platform", because there is a white tower in the middle of the building, the old Tainan people called pepper pipe.
Located in the Central and Western District of Tainan City, Taiwan, Nanchang Tianchi Temple is a temple dedicated to the Heavenly Prince (天王爷). The temple was originally a private temple, and later became the Jiaotou Temple (Nantoujiao) under the Nanchang Baoan Palace. In the past, centered on the temple, there was a "Tianchi" named after the Tianchi Temple in the area enclosed by Haian Road, Dayong Street, Kangle Street, and Bao'an Road, which was later merged with Xin'anli and Zhongtouli (1 to 3rd neighborhoods) to form "Junxili".
The South Factory Security Palace is the prince temple located in the Zhongxi District of Tainan City, Taiwan. The temple also worships a stone monument, which is known as the "Virgin of the White Lotus". The temple is commonly known as the "Palace", and therefore, there are place names such as "Royal Palace" (front of the palace), "Behind the Palace Temple" (behind the security palace), and "East of the Palace" (east of the security palace). The road in front of the temple is also called "Security Road" from the name of the temple.
Fort Provintia or Providentia, also known as Chihkan Tower, was a Dutch outpost on Formosa at a site now located in West Central District, Tainan, Taiwan. It was built in 1653 during the Dutch colonization of Taiwan. The Dutch, intending to strengthen their standing, sited the fort at Sakam, about 2 miles (3.2 km) due east from modern-day Anping. During the Siege of Fort Zeelandia (1662), the fort was surrendered to Koxinga, but was later destroyed by an earthquake in the 19th century. It was rebuilt as Chihkan Tower afterwards.
Former Tainan District Court, located in China and Western District, Tainan City, Taiwan, is one of the largest large -scale court buildings in Taiwan. The building has witnessed the history of Taiwan's important judicial justice. At present, it is specified as the monument of the country's missionary of the Republic of China. After repairing the plan, it is now visited as the open public of the Judicial Museum. In addition, architecture was also known as one of the three major buildings in Taiwan during the Japanese rule.
Tainan Longshan Temple is located in the east district of Tainan City, Taiwan, one of the seven temples and eight temples. The temple and Taiwan several other longshan temple named ── freshwater longshan temple, deer port longshan temple, Tainan longshan temple, fengshan longshan temple, are divided from Fujian Quanzhou jinjiang county springs longshan temple, qing kangxi years formally built temple in Tainan east gate, Taiwan years and demolished for road widening, in this site reconstruction.
The original Tainan Wude Hall, full name of the Great Japanese Wudehui Tainan Branch Wude Hall, is a Dojo built by the Great Japanese Wudehui to promote martial arts during the Japanese rule, located in the Central and Western District of Tainan City, which is a designated monument of Tainan City, and is now the auditorium of Zhongyi National Primary School in Zhongxi District, Tainan City. The original Tainan Wude Hall is the largest and higher quality of the existing Wude Hall in Taiwan.
Tainan Park, located in the North District of Tainan City, Taiwan, opened in 1917 in the sixth year of Taisho during the Japanese rule, and is the oldest and largest park in the city. It covers an area of more than 40,000 pings (15 A), which was also a tropical experimental forest at that time. After World War II, it was renamed Zhongshan Park, and in the 90th year of the Republic of China (2001), the old name of Tainan Park was restored. Registered as a cultural landscape in 2018.
Located in the Central and Western District of Tainan City, Taiwan, the Forest of Steles in Nanmen Park is commonly known as the "Great Forest of Steles" ("Little Forest of Steles" in the Chijian Building), and is one of the Ten Scenic Spots of Historical Buildings in Tainan City and one of the 100 Scenic Spots of Historical Buildings in Taiwan. Among them, stone monuments such as "Reconstruction of Taiwan Fucheng Monument" were declared as cultural assets of antiquities.
Kaiji Kaishan Palace is located in the Central and Western District of Tainan City, Taiwan, and is dedicated to Emperor Baosheng and also enshrines Chen Ling, a tiger general sent by the Sui Emperor to seek. The predecessor of the Kaishan Palace is said to be the General's Ancestral Hall dedicated to Chen Ling. In addition, some scholars such as Lin Hengdao and Yang Yunping believe that Kaishan Palace may be the first Temple of Emperor Baosheng in Taiwan.
Kaiji Tianhou Ancestral Temple, also known as Kaiji Tianhou Temple, is located in the North District of Tainan City, Taiwan, and is the temple of the main ancestor Mazu. Because the temple is the earliest Mazu temple in Taiwan, it is named "Kaiji". Its alias " Little Mazu Temple " is the opposite of the Great Tianhou Temple, commonly known as "Big Mazu Temple", and because it is located in "ShuiZaiwei", it is also called Shuizaiwei Mazu Temple.
Located in Anping District, Tainan City, the former German merchant Dongxing Foreign Firm, formerly known as "Julius Mannich & CO.", is one of the five foreign firms designated by the municipality and anping. Now the building is the Anping Foreign Trade Memorial Hall, which shows the history of anping port's former foreign trade, and also shows some things related to Germany. In the building's vestibule, there is an open-air restaurant.
West market, residents said big market, is a market in Tainan city, originally built in Meiji 38 (1905), the west market today this hall is 1 year (1912), for a L building, in Tainan urban development, has historical significance for Tainan city, scope includes west market, west market outside shop phase ii, west market fish, high sugar company, cold storage, original Tainan green fruit trade combination banana warehouse.
Former Taiwan Governor's Government Monopoly Bureau Tainan was out of Zhang, and was a city monument in Tainan City. It used to be the Tainan Governor of the Governor of Taiwan and Tainan Branch. This building was announced on May 13, 1992 (2003) as Tainan City's historic monuments. The original name "Taiwan Governor's Monopoly Tainan Express" was logged in to the name of Tainan Cultural and Creative Industrial Park.
Zhenyuan Temple Land Temple (Zhenyuan Tingting Land Temple) is located in the north district of Tainan City, Taiwan. In contrast to the land temple jointly built by the military and civilians, it is a typical example of the typical "Lutou Road Land Gong". a member of. The temple is legendary on the head of the "Point" of President Street. The road on both sides of the temple is the angle of the cricket.
Founded in the fifteenth year of the Qianlong Dynasty (1750), located in the North District of Tainan City, Taiwan, Xihuatang was approved as a third-class monument in the 74th year of the Republic of China (1985), and belongs to the Zhaitang under the Weng Yongfeng Branch of the Jinzhu Sect of the Jai Sect, and is also the only ZhaiTang of the clan, which is dedicated to the Three Treasures Buddha.
The first worship of the Caonglong Palace in the Syeongsheng, commonly known as the Qiniang Realm, is located in Zhongxi District, Tainan City, Taiwan. It was built in the tenth year of the Yongzheng of the Qing Dynasty (1732). The main worship of the heavenly daughter Qixing Niangniang (Qi Niang's mother) is the oldest Qiang Mother Temple in Taiwan, and is famous for being a 16 -year -old custom.
The former head of the Tainan Hall is located in the East District of Tainan City. It is a dormitory of the city's monuments. Later, for a long time, it has been repaired. From May 107th, every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday 9: 00-17: 00. It is planned to be a park with the original South No. 1 Middle School Teacher's Dormitory in the rear, providing arts and performance space.
Kaiji Wu Temple, commonly known as the Emperor Xiaoguan Temple, is located in Zhongxi District, Tainan City, Taiwan. It is a temple dedicated to Wenheng Emperor (Guan Yu). The temple's front hall (original main hall) was announced as a municipal monument directly under the Central Government of Tainan, and the login name was the original hall of Kaiji Wushu Temple.
Chongqing Temple is located in the Central and Western District of Tainan City, Taiwan. On April 26, 1996 (2007), it was announced as a historical building. It is one of the eight temples of the Seven Temples of the Government of Taiwan. The temple originally belonged to Zen Lingji, but now it has become a branch of the Tibetan Karfish School (White religion).
The Chenghuang Temple in Shouyi County, Taiwan, was the official worship city god temple corresponding to the county and counties of Taiwan during the Qing Dynasty. Although its history can be traced back to the Kangxi reign of the Qing Dynasty, the current temple architecture was rebuilt in January 1980 after the war.
Xinluo Hall of Nanshi Street, known as Fengshan Temple and Holy Prince in ancient times, is located in the middle and west district of Tainan City, Taiwan. It is mainly the temple of Guangze and thirteen Taibao gods. It is close to the Wind Temple and Guan Pavilion. It is also the belief center of Guangze, Taiwan.
The head Fulong Palace is located in the north district of Tainan City, Taiwan Province, offering sacrifices to Baosheng Emperor. One said that the temple was originally called "Fulong Environment", dedicated to the god of Ford, later after the stone keng Avenue worship, changed to Baosheng Emperor Temple.
Yingchun Gate, also known as the east gate of the city of Taiwan, is one of the 14 city gates of the city of Taiwan in the Qing Dynasty. It is located in the East District of Tainan City, Taiwan. It is currently the monument of the Republic of China. It is also the largest existing city building in Taiwan.
The National Museum of Taiwan Literature is a museum located in Tainan, Taiwan. The museum researches, catalogs, preserves, and exhibits literary artifacts. As part of its multilingual, multi-ethnic focus, it holds a large collection of local works in Taiwanese, Japanese, Mandarin and Classical Chinese.
Anping Guanyin Pavilion is located in Anping District, Tainan City, Taiwan. It is one of the four major public temples in Anping. The main worship of the Guanyin Bodhisattva is divided by Anping fishermen from the original hometown of mainland China. 1590) Building the Guanyin statue carried by the hut.
37. 紅樓 (A)
The original Tainan Normal School is located in the central and west district of Tainan City. The building was built by the governor of Taiwan during the Japanese rule period, and it is now the administrative and education building of National Tainan University, which is a historic site of Tainan City.
The full name of Tainan Shenxing Palace, is composed of the Outer New Street Shenxing Temple, Songzai Foot Port South Baoxing Palace and the rear Forest Palace three temples combined. The name of the temple is composed of "god" of the Palace, "xing" of Baoxing Palace and "palace" of the Lin Palace.
The Wind Temple, located in the Central and Western District of Tainan City, Taiwan, is the only existing temple in Taiwan dedicated to the god of wind, and is also one of the seven temples and eight temples in Taiwan. Opposite it is the receiving pavilion of the same municipal monument.
The Tianhou Temple, also known as the Kaitai Tianhou or Mazu Temple, is a temple to the Chinese Goddess Mazu, who is the Goddess of Sea and Patron Deity of fishermen, sailors and any occupations related to sea/ocean. The temple is located in the Anping District of Tainan on Taiwan.
Anping Dazhong Temple is located next to the first cemetery in Anping District, Tainan City, Taiwan Province, one of the four public temples in Anping, the main worship of Kui Fu. The current temple was rebuilt in 1988, with only one remnant of the old temple wall.
Anping West Hall is located in Anping District, Tainan City, the main worship of an Dragon King-Chi Fu thousand years old, built in the third year of Emperor Qianlong (1738) For the main temple in the ten corners of Anping.
Tainan Jinhuafu is located in Zhongxi District of Tainan City. In the 1994 (2005) of the Republic of China (2005), it was announced on November 7 as the city's monuments. For the characteristics of the Wangye Temple.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.