Explore interesting sights in Tudela, Spain. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 17 sights are available in Tudela, Spain.Sightseeing Tours in Tudela
1. Murallas - S. IX
The walls of Tudela were the fortification, of Muslim origin, which defensively surrounded the city of Tudela (Navarra), along the perimeter that now makes up the old town of the city. A first wall was built at the beginning of the ninth century, with the fortification of Amrùs Ben Yusuf, which surrounded a first enclosure, the founding. This first wall reached the Midovilla ravine, which initially served as a natural defensive pit. With demographic growth, especially at the time of the Banu Qasi, this wall was extended during the first half of the ninth century until reaching the following natural pit, the Queiles River. This corresponds to the main wall of Medina Tudelana, which was preserved intact until the 16th century. After the reconquest of Tudela in 1119, the Moors were transferred to extramurous, building a new neighborhood subsequently known as La Morería; This new neighborhood was immediately protected by a new fortification: the walls of the Morería.
2. Torre Monreal
The Monreal Tower is a tower, traditionally considered of Arab origin, located on a hill south-west of Tudela City (Navarra), next to the Lourdes neighborhood. According to the archaeological excavations carried on its outline and inside it would belong to a surveillance watchman to be able to control the possible arrival of enemies in that area. She's the only Atalan in Tudela that's come to our day. It rises on a hill that dominates the city in the opposite direction of the Cerro de Santa Barbara, where the Alcazaba or Castillo de Tudela was located. Formerly, this hill must have been known as Mount del Rey or Mount Real, from which its name derives.
3. Mirador del Cerro del Castillo
The Monument to the Sacred Heart of Jesus of Tudela (Navarra) in Spain is a great statue built in honor of Jesus of Nazareth, “erected as a spiritual lighthouse at the top of the Cerro del Castle, from which it extends its protection to the city and the entire region”. The image of the Heart of Jesus is a fundamental piece of the silhouette of the city. It was located on what was the main tower of the old Castle of Tudela and, later, Ermita de Santa Barbara. The Heart of Jesus has its counterpoint across the city with the statue dedicated to the Heart of Mary.
4. Ermita de Santa Cruz - El Cristo
The hermitage of Santa Cruz de Tudela (Navarra) is a hermitage that was built in the 12th century by the Siegese monks and located 1 km north of the Old Town of Tudela, on the right bank of the river Ebro. The first hermitage also held the title of church and basilica. There was a fraternity called Ballesteros, which could be founded in 1235. The current building of the hermitage is in the mid-19th century. It is the seat of the Christ's cofradship, so it is also called the Ermita of Christ.
5. Iglesia de San Nicolás de Bari
The church of San Nicolás de Bari in Tudela (Navarre) was one of the most outstanding Romanesque temples in the city, dating back to the first half of the 12th century. It was rebuilt in the eighteenth century with its current Baroque factory. It is located between San Nicolás and Serralta streets in the Old Town of Tudela. Sancho VII the Strong was buried here, although two years later he was definitively transferred to Roncesvalles.
6. Iglesia de San Jorge
The church of San Jorge el Real in Tudela (Navarre) is in the Jesuit Mannerist style of the seventeenth century. It is located in Plaza Mercadal. It was the chapel of the Jesuit convent until the expulsion of the Society of Jesus in 1767, then it became the property of the Crown, which is why it was called San Jorge el Real and why the coat of arms of Charles III appears on its façade. It later became a parish.
7. Estatua de Sancho El Fuerte
Sancho VII called the Strong was King of Navarre from 1194 until his death in 1234. He was the son and heir of Sancho VI, whom he followed as the second king to hold the title of King of Navarre. Sancho VII was the first to use the chains of Navarre as his blazon, a symbol that later would become the main one of Navarre, and the last member of the Jiménez dynasty, which had ruled since the 9th century.
8. Catedral de Santa María
The Cathedral of Saint Mary of Tudela is a Roman Catholic cathedral located in Plaza Vieja in the center of Tudela, autonomous community of Navarre, Spain. The medieval building was originally a collegiate church. It became a cathedral with the creation of the Diocese of Tudela, which existed 1783-1851 and again 1889-1956. It is now a co-cathedral in the Archdiocese of Pamplona and Tudela.
9. Monumento al Corazón de María
The Heart Monument of María de Tudela (Navarra) is a great statue built in honor of María in the mid -twentieth century in a hill in front of the Monreal Tower, near the Lourdes neighborhood. The heart of Mary has her counterpoint on the other side of the city, on the hill of Santa Barbara, with the monument dedicated to the heart of Jesus.
10. Iglesia de la Compañía de María
The Church of the Company of Mary or the Teaching of Tudela (Navarra), built in the 18th century, is the only essentially Baroque monument of the Navarra riverbank. It is located in the Plaza de San Juan and Calle de la Teaching. In addition to the Church, which is the only thing that is preserved, the company of Mary had convent and school.
11. Monumento a Benjamìn de Tudela
Benjamin of Tudela was a medieval Jewish traveler who visited Europe, Asia, and Africa in the twelfth century. His vivid descriptions of western Asia preceded those of Marco Polo by a hundred years. With his broad education and vast knowledge of languages, Benjamin of Tudela is a major figure in medieval geography and Jewish history.
12. Palacio de Marqués de Huarte
The palace of Marquis de Huarte de Tudela (Navarra) is a splendid Baroque palace in the middle of the 18th century, with two facades, on Mercadal Street and in the Herrería. It is located in the Old Helmet of the city. It currently hosts the Yanguas and Miranda Library and the Tudela Municipal Archive.
13. Busto de Muza
Musa ibn Musa al-Qasawi (Arabic: موسى بن موسى القسوي) also nicknamed the Great ; died 26 September 862) was leader of the Muwallad Banu Qasi clan and ruler of a semi-autonomous principality in the upper Ebro valley in northern Iberia in the 9th century.
14. Puente del Ebro
The Ebro de Tudela (Navarra) bridge is a Spanish medieval stone bridge, of a 360 m length that is composed of 16 batteries and 17 arches, all uneven. Its importance is consubstantial to the city, whose history is articulated around the passage of the Ebro River.
15. Iglesia de Santa María de Gracia
The parish church of Santa María de Gracia de Tudela (Navarra) is a Gothic-Renaissance Church of the 16th century that belongs to the hospital of the same name and that is between the current Plaza Nueva and Calle Don Miguel Eza de Tudela.
16. Iglesia del Carmen
The Church and Convent of Carmen de Tudela (Navarra) is a temple of the late 16th century, in the Mannerist style, located in the corner that form Gayarre and Carmen Alta street of the old town of Tudela, leaving in this last street.
17. Iglesia y convento de los Capuchinos
The convent of the Capuchins and church of the Divine Pastor of Tudela (Navarra) is a convent and church of the order of the Capuchins in the late 19th century, located on the street of the same name as the current expanse of Tudela.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.