Explore interesting sights in Yekaterinburg, Russia. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 48 sights are available in Yekaterinburg, Russia.Sightseeing Tours in Yekaterinburg
1. Actor's House
Actor's house is an architectural monument, a two -story chamber palace of the late XIX century, built according to the project of architect Julia Dutel. In 1988, the actor’s house became the official residence of the Sverdlovsk branch of the Union of Theater Workers of Russia. At the expense of the theater community in the 1980s. The historical appearance was completely restored, up to a unique ancient parquet, whose drawing is not repeated in any of the rooms, and a large fireplace - a masterpiece of stone -real art. The actor’s house is now a public cultural center, collecting in its walls not only the theater public of the city and the region, but also all lovers of theatrical art. Creative cycles and programs constantly work here. The most noticeable of them are the author’s cycle of Mikhail Muginstein “400 years of opera”, the student club “The School of Theater Critics”, uniting young lovers of the theater, “Open Scene”, which gives artists of different theaters to unite for joint creative work. The most famous project of the actor’s house is the famous family holidays in the best traditions of Russian mansions, philanthropy and charity “Christmas tree in the Dullfish House” - stylized representations in the old style that go in the actor’s house in New Year's days and are created by leading creative forces of the city.
The T-34 is a Soviet medium tank from World War II. When introduced, its 76.2 mm (3 in) tank gun was more powerful than its contemporaries, and its 60-degree sloped armour provided good protection against anti-tank weapons. The T-34 had a profound effect on the conflict on the Eastern Front, and had a long-lasting impact on tank design. The tank was praised by multiple German generals when encountered during Operation Barbarossa, although its armour and armament were surpassed later in the war. Though, its main strength was its cost and production time, meaning that German panzer forces would often fight against Soviet tank forces several times their size. The T-34 is also a critical part of the mechanized divisions that form the backbone of the Deep Battle Strategy.
3. РСЗО БМ-13 «Катюша»
The Katyusha is a type of rocket artillery first built and fielded by the Soviet Union in World War II. Multiple rocket launchers such as these deliver explosives to a target area more intensively than conventional artillery, but with lower accuracy and requiring a longer time to reload. They are fragile compared to artillery guns, but are cheap, easy to produce, and usable on almost any chassis. The Katyushas of World War II, the first self-propelled artillery mass-produced by the Soviet Union, were usually mounted on ordinary trucks. This mobility gave the Katyusha, and other self-propelled artillery, another advantage: being able to deliver a large blow all at once, and then move before being located and attacked with counter-battery fire.
The T-64 is a Soviet tank manufactured in Kharkiv, and designed by Alexander Morozov. The tank was introduced in the early 1960s. It was a more advanced counterpart to the T-62: the T-64 served in tank divisions, while the T-62 supported infantry in motorized rifle divisions. It introduced a number of advanced features including composite armour, a compact engine and transmission, and a smoothbore 125-mm gun equipped with an autoloader to allow the crew to be reduced to three so the tank could be smaller and lighter. In spite of being armed and armoured like a heavy tank, the T-64 weighed only 38 tonnes.
5. ЗРК С-75м
The S-75 is a Soviet-designed, high-altitude air defence system. It is built around a surface-to-air missile with command guidance. Following its first deployment in 1957 it became one of the most widely deployed air defence systems in history. It scored the first destruction of an enemy aircraft by a surface-to-air missile, with the shooting down of a Taiwanese Martin RB-57D Canberra over China on 7 October 1959 that was hit by a salvo of three V-750 (1D) missiles at an altitude of 20 km (65,600 ft). This success was credited to Chinese fighter aircraft at the time to keep the S-75 program secret.
The T-54 was a Soviet medium tank. It was adopted by the Soviet Army of the Armed Forces of the USSR in 1946, it has been mass-produced since 1947, constantly modernized. Since 1958, its modification called T-55 has been produced, adapted to combat operations in the conditions of the use of nuclear weapons. In 1961-1967, it was mainly replaced in the production and television of the USSR Armed Forces by the T-62 tank, created on its basis, but the production of the T-55 continued at OZTM until 1979. A number of countries also produced the T-54 itself or its modernized or locally adapted versions.
7. Погибшим игрокам ХК Локомотив
On 7 September 2011, YAK-Service Flight 9633, a Yakovlev Yak-42 charter flight operated by YAK-Service, carrying players and coaching staff of the Lokomotiv Yaroslavl professional ice hockey team, crashed during take-off near Yaroslavl, Yaroslavl Oblast, Russia. All but one of the 45 people on board were killed. The aircraft overran the runway at Tunoshna Airport before briefly lifting off, striking an antenna mast, catching fire, and crashing on the bank of the Volga river. The tragedy is commonly known as the Lokomotiv hockey team disaster.
The IS-3 is a Soviet heavy tank developed in late 1944. Its semi-hemispherical cast turret became the hallmark of post-war Soviet tanks. Its pike nose design would also be mirrored by other tanks of the IS tank family such as the IS-7 and T-10. Too late to see combat in World War II, the IS-3 participated in the Berlin Victory Parade of 1945, in the border conflict during the Sino-Soviet split, the Soviet invasion of Hungary, the Prague Spring, on both sides during the Six-Day War, and in very limited capacity during the Russo-Ukraine War.
The BM-21 "Grad" is a self-propelled 122 mm multiple rocket launcher designed in the Soviet Union. The system and the M-21OF rocket were first developed in the early 1960s, and saw their first combat use in March 1969 during the Sino-Soviet border conflict. BM stands for boyevaya mashina, and the nickname grad means "hail". The complete system with the BM-21 launch vehicle and the M-21OF rocket is designated as the M-21 field-rocket system. The complete system is more commonly known as a Grad multiple rocket launcher system.
10. Памятник дятловцам
The Dyatlov Pass incident was an event in which nine Soviet hikers died in the northern Ural Mountains between February 1 and 2, 1959, under uncertain circumstances. The experienced trekking group from the Ural Polytechnical Institute, led by Igor Dyatlov, had established a camp on the eastern slopes of Kholat Syakhl in the Russian SFSR of the Soviet Union. Overnight, something caused them to cut their way out of their tent and flee the campsite while inadequately dressed for the heavy snowfall and sub-zero temperatures.
11. Madrid hotel building
Madrid Hotel is an inactive hotel in Yekaterinburg, located on the Square of the 1st Fivelet. The project of architects Bezrukov V. V. and Oranian P. V. was under construction with the participation of Shefler B. M. in 1933-1937. It is part of the architectural ensemble of buildings of the 1st Five-Yearsk Ekaterinburg and the architectural monument of federal importance. The structure is angular and is between the Machinosbuilders Street and the Culture Boulevard converging to the square.
12. The Museum of History, Science and Technology Sverdlovsk Railway
The old station building is an edifice in the Zheleznodorozhny District of Yekaterinburg, Russia. The house is located at 14 Vokzalnaya Street It was a main station building between 1878 and 1914. The building was designed in the Russian Revival style. It is recognized as a historical landmark, has official status as an object of Russian cultural heritage, and contains the museum of History & Engineering science of the Sverdlovsk Railway.
13. Второй Дом Советов
The second house of advice is a residential complex built in Sverdlovsk at ul. On March 8, 2. The complex consists of the main four-story seven-door block forming a half-closed yard and open to the east, and adjacent to the south of the eleven-story high-rise building, which was one of the two highest buildings of the RSFSR outside Moscow in the 1930s. Monument of the architecture of federal significance.
The Monument to Yeltsin is a monument to the First President of the Russian Federation, the Soviet Party and Russian political and State figure, one of the founders of post-Soviet Russia Boris Yeltsin in Yekaterinburg, the regional centre of his small homeland and the city of his many years of residence and activity. Installed at Yeltsin Centre. The monument has been vandalized on several occasions.
15. Театр оперы и балета
The Yekaterinb Yrg State Academic Teastr and Bault - the stationary theater of opera and ballet in Yekaterinburg, founded in 1912. The building was built according to the project of engineer V.N. Semenov. It was here on November 8, 1917 at an emergency meeting of the Ekaterinburg Council of Workers and Soldiers' Deputies, the establishment of Soviet power in the city and in the Urals was announced.
16. Храм Святой Анны
St. Anne's Church is a Roman Catholic church located in Yekaterinburg, in the Diocese of Novosibirsk in Russia, a suffragan of the Archdiocese of the Mother of God in Moscow. This church belongs to the group of parishes of the deanery of the Urals. The parish is run by the Sisters of the Congregation of Missionary Sisters of the Catholic Apostolate, founded by St. Vincent Pallotti (1795-1850).
17. Художественный Музей Эрнста Неизвестного
The Ernst Neizvestny Art Museum is a state museum in Yekaterinburg dedicated to the work of the sculptor and painter Ernst Neizvestny, a native of the city. This is the first museum in Russia of E. Neizvestny, opened on his 88th birthday, April 9, 2013, on the initiative of a number of public figures of Yekaterinburg and with the support of the Governor of the Sverdlovsk Region.
18. Музей камня
The Ural Mineralogical Museum of V. A. Pelepenko is a private mineralogy museum located in Yekaterinburg from 2000 to 2015 in the building of the Bolshaya Ural Hotel. In 2017-2018 he was in Pervouralsk at the Innovation Cultural Center (“Work”). Since 2018, the museum’s exposition has been in Yekaterinburg in the Center for Arts “Main Prospekt” at 8 Lenin Avenue, 8.
19. №9 Historical Square
Historical Square, a square in Yekaterinburg, broken in 1973, to the 250th anniversary of the city. It is located on the site of the former Yekaterinburg Plant, founded in 1723 and started the city. Most of the former factory buildings were demolished during the reconstruction of 1964-1973, and several museums are currently located in the remaining buildings.
The monument to the soldiers of the Ural Voluntary Tank Corps is a monument at the Yekaterinburg Station Square, opened on 22 February 1962. The monument is devoted to the heroism of the warriors of the Ural Voluntary Tank Corps. Over time, the place “under the milk” became a cult for meeting and departures, and it is here that they agree to meet.
21. Rastorguyev–Kharitonov Palace
The Rastorguyev–Kharitonov Palace is arguably the grandest palatial residence in the Urals. This Neoclassical townhouse was commissioned in 1794 by Lev Rastorguyev, an Old Believer merchant and landowner. The main house was built on the so-called Annunciation Hill in Yekaterinburg. The nearby Annunciation Church was built at the same time.
22. Свято-Троицкий Кафедральный собор
Holy Trinity Cathedral, sometimes shortened to Trinity Cathedral, is an Orthodox church in Yekaterinburg, Russia. Built between 1818 and 1839, the building served in several roles throughout the history of Imperial Russia, the Soviet Union, and Russian Federation. The church is currently managed by the Metropolitanate of Yekaterinburg.
23. S. S. Alexeyev
Sergei Sergeyevich Alexeyev was a Soviet and Russian legal scholar and politician. He was the first and only chairman of the Committee for Constitutional Supervision of the USSR from 1990 to 1991. Later, he was one of the co-authors of the Constitution of Russia of 1993, along with Anatoly Sobchak and Sergey Shakhray.
24. Г. К. Жукову
Peni Marshala Zhkov - horse statue to the Soviet commander Georgy Zhukov in Yekaterinburg. It was installed on May 8, 1995 before the building of the headquarters of the Central Military District. In 2021, another sculptural monument to Zhukov was opened next to her, depicting the commander sitting in a car.
25. Храм во имя преподобного Серафима Саровского
Church of Seraphim of Sarov - the Orthodox Church in Yekaterinburg. Belongs to the Yekaterinburg diocese of the Russian Orthodox Church. It forms the corresponding parish together with the nearby temple of Nikolai the Wonderworker, in which the local Ural icon of the Mother of God is stored.
26. Свердловский областной краеведческий музей
The Sverdlovsk Regional Museum of Local Lore is a museum in Yekaterinburg, Sverdlovsk Oblast, Russia. The museum is one of the oldest in Yekaterinburg, having been founded in 1870. In addition the main branch of the museum, the institution manages several other museums in the region.
27. Museum of Stone-Rain and Jewelry Art
The Museum of the History of Stone -Service and Jewelry in Yekaterinburg is the first museum of such a profile in Russia, created in 1992. The museum is located at the Center for Historical Development of Yekaterinburg in the building of the former pharmacy of the mining department.
28. Камерный театр
The potato theater of the United Museum of Uraal - a museum theater created to search for interpretations of literary classics, is located in the literary quarter of Yekaterinburg on the street. Proletarskaya, 18. It is an integral part of the Museum of Writers of the Urals.
29. Харитоновский сад
Kharitonovsky Garden is an English park in Yekaterinburg, Russia, adjacent to the Rastorguev-Kharitonov estate. It was founded in 1826 and named after its founder P. Y. Kharitonov. The park has an artificial lake with two artificial islands and a round rotunda gazebo.
30. Плотина на реке Ольховка
The Olkhovka River Dam is a dam located on the Olkhovka River, a tributary of the Iset River, in Yekaterinburg, Russia. It was probably built in 1824-1826. The retaining wall of the dam on Olkhovka has the status of an architectural monument of federal significance.
31. Ekaterinburg History Museum
The Museum of the History of Yekaterinburg is located in several old buildings in the historical center of the city at 26 Karl Liebknecht Street. In the building that in 1905 housed an illegal school of party propagandists, organized by Yakov Mikhailovich Sverdlov.
32. Уральский геологический музей
Ural Geological Museum - a museum at the Ural Mining University, containing a rich collection of geological samples of the Ural region. It has more than 40 thousand exhibits. It has departments of mineralogy, minerals, petrography, general and historical geology.
33. Дом Бревновых
Brevnovsky House is a house located at Yekaterinburg, Kirova Street, house 3. Monument of urban planning and architecture of the Sverdlovsk region. A sample of the wooden residential house of Yekaterinburg of the early 20th century, made by architect A. Markov.
34. Академический театр драмы
“The Sverdlovsk State Academic Theater of Drama” is the Russian Drama Theater of the Sverdlovsk Region, founded on October 2, 1930 in Yekaterinburg. Since 1977, it has been the honorary title "Academic". He was awarded the Order of the Red Banner of Labor.
35. Екатеринбургское реальное училище
The Yekaterinburg (Alekseevskoye) Real School was a secondary educational institution in Yekaterinburg in 1873-1919, designed to promote the spread of the so-called real education, which was a type of general secondary education with a practical orientation.
36. ЦПКиО им. Маяковского
The Central Park of Culture and Rest (CPPPO) named after V.V. Mayakovsky is the main park of Yekaterinburg, the place of rest of the townspeople, where the main events related to folk festivities are held, as well as various concerts on the open area.
37. Great Zlatoust Church
The Bolshoi Zlatoust is a 77-metre (253 ft)-high bell tower that used to dominate the skyline of Yekaterinburg before the Russian Revolution. It was the tallest building in the Urals region. It was destroyed in 1930 and rebuilt 80 years later.
38. Особняк Железнова
Zheleznova’s Used was built in the Russian style in 1892-1895 by the Yekaterinburg architect Yu. O. Dyutel. The estate of A. A. Zheleznov is located at 56 Rosa Luxembourg Street. It is a monument of architecture of regional significance.
39. Успенский собор на ВИЗе
The Assumption Cathedral is the current Orthodox Church in Yekaterinburg, located in the VIZ microdistrict and built in 1838. The cathedral is a model of Russian classicism, is an architectural attraction of the Verkh-Isetsky district.
40. Супрематический крест
The Suprematic Cross is an art object in the form of a Suprematic graffiti, created by the Calligraph artist with a red-sized lamp in July 2019 in Yekaterinburg on the first five-year plan as part of the stenographer festival.
41. Гостиница Эрмитаж
Hotel "Hermitage" - a hotel at Yekaterinburg, Malysheva street, 56 house, built in 1882-1884, according to the project of architect M. L. Reutov. An example of hotel buildings in a brick style with classic decor elements.
42. Театр музыкальной комедии
The Sverdlovsk State Academic Theatre, a music theater in Ekaterinburg, was founded in 1933, and academic since 1986. One of the leading Russian theatres, a multiple winner of the Golden Mask National Theatre Award.
43. Ekaterinburg Museum of Fine Arts
44. Группе The Beatles
The monument to the The Beatles group in Yekaterinburg, installed on May 23, 2009, is the first monument dedicated to the famous Liverpool four in Russia and the third in the territory of the former USSR.
45. Доходный дом купца Первушина
The tenement house of the merchant E. I. Pervushin is a mansion on the corner of 8 Marta Street and Radishchev Street in Yekaterinburg, built in 1906 according to the project of architect Pavel Zarutsky.
46. Преображенская церковь на Уктусе
Preobrazhenskaya Tserkov is the current Orthodox Church in Yekaterinburg, located in the Uktus microdistrict. The church was built in 1809 on the site of a wooden Nikolskaya Church, consecrated in 1712.
47. Дом Метенкова
48. В. С. Высоцкому и М. Влади
Monument to Vladimir Vysotsky and Marina Vladi-a monument erected in Yekaterinburg next to the main entrance to the Antey shopping and entertainment center, at the address: st. Krasnoarmeyskaya, d. 10.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.