Looking for premium sights?
Here you can book tickets, guided tours and other activities in Moscow:Get tickets and guided tours now *
Here you can find interesting sights in Moscow, Russia. Click on a marker on the map to view details about the sight. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 100 sights are available in Moscow, Russia.Back to the list of cities in Russia
1. Усадьба Лопухиных
Lopukhinykh's Used - a manor complex built at the end of the 17th century Fedor Lopukhin in the territory of the White City. In 1775-1776, the mansion was part of the temporary Prechistensky palace created to accommodate the imperial court at the time of the celebration of the Kyuchuk-Kainargi world with the Ottoman Empire. At that time, the favorite of Catherine II Grigory Potemkin lived in the building. After the October Revolution, the site was transferred to the conduct of the Cheka, and in the 1960s a branch of the Museum of Marx and Engels began to operate on the basis of the estate. At the end of the 20th century, the building was repaired under the leadership of the International Center for the Roerichs and converted for the placement of the Roerich Museum, which since 2016 has been a branch of the East Museum. In 2019, the estate was transferred for use by the State Fine Arts Museum named after A. S. Pushkin.
2. Мемориальный музей космонавтики
The Moscow Space Museum is a space-themed museum at the "Space Conqueror" monument in Astronaut Lane, VDNKh. The museum opened on April 10, 1981 to commemorate the 20th anniversary of Yuri Gagarin's entry into space. As of January 2017, the museum has more than 96,000 discipline funds. The total area of the museum is 8400 square meters, of which 3720 square meters are direct exhibition areas. Exhibits include rocket and space technology samples, personal belongings of astronauts and designers, archival documents, and coins and philatelic items. The museum has a branch-the Museum of the Former Residence of Academician Sergei Pavlovich Korolev, located at No.1 Kinskaya Street, Austan. In addition to exhibition work, the museum also carries out cultural and educational activities and large-scale scientific work. As of 2016, the annual number of visitors reached 510,000, and has increased to 750,000 by 2020.
3. Крутицкое подворье
Krutitsy Metochion, full name: Krutitsy Patriarchal Metochion is an operating ecclesiastical estate of Russian Orthodox Church, located in Tagansky District of Moscow, Russia, 3 kilometers south-east from the Kremlin. The name Krutitsy (pl.), i.e. steep river banks, originally meant the hills immediately east from Yauza River. Krutitsy Metochion, established in the late 13th century, contains listed historical buildings erected in the late 17th century on the site of earlier 16th century foundations. After a brief period of prosperity in the 17th century, Krutitsy was shut down by imperial authorities in the 1780s, and served as a military warehouse for nearly two centuries. It was restored by Petr Baranovsky and gradually opened to the public after World War II; in 1991-1996, Krutitsy was returned to the Church and re-established as the personal metochion of Patriarch of Moscow and all Russia.
4. Музей В.А. Тропинина и московских художников его времени
The museum of Vasily Tropynin and the Muscovites of the Robes of his time is a chamber art museum located in the Empire mansion of the 19th century. The owners of the building were the merchant family of Petukhovs, which conveyed in 1965 the mansion to the possession of the collector Felix Vishnevsky (1902-1978) to organize a permanent exhibition in it. The museum was founded in 1969, when Vishnevsky bequeathed the right to own a mansion and more than two hundred canvases to the state. The opening of the institution took place in 1971 on the basis of the constant exposition of the works of artists of the 18th -19th centuries: Vasily Tropinin, Ivan Vishnyakov, Alexei Anthropov, Ivan Argunov, Dmitry Levitsky, Sylvester Shchedrin, Dmitry Levitsky, Sergei Schukin, Ivan Aivazovsky, Alexander Benois, Viktor Vasnetsov, Viktor Vasnetsov, Isaac Levitan, Konstantin Korovin, Vasily Polenov and others.
Monument-Obelisk Lazarev is one of the first in time of the construction of monuments of Moscow, safely preserved to our time. It was installed on December 12, 1822 in the courtyard of the Armenian school, founded and existing with the money of the patrons of Lazarev. The school later went down in history as the Lazarevsky Institute of Oriental Languages, in the Soviet years it was closed. For 2017, the Armenian Embassy in Russia is located in the building of the institute, and the obelisk, even before the revolution transferred to the main entrance, is not in front of the building behind an unfounded cast -iron fence, there is no direct access to it. Having arisen as a sculpture in the courtyard of private possession, the obelisk changed status during its existence, was moved into public space and was not destroyed during the years of Soviet power.
6. Н. И. Вавилову
Nikolai Ivanovich Vavilov was a Russian and Soviet agronomist, botanist and geneticist who identified the centers of origin of cultivated plants. He devoted his life to the study and improvement of wheat, maize and other cereal crops that sustain the global population. Vavilov's work was criticized by Trofim Lysenko, whose anti-Mendelian concepts of plant biology had won favor with Joseph Stalin. As a result, Vavilov was arrested and subsequently sentenced to death in July 1941. Although his sentence was commuted to twenty years' imprisonment, he died in prison in 1943. According to Luba Brezhneva he was thrown to his death into a pit of lime in the prison yard. In 1955 his death sentence was retroactively pardoned under Nikita Khrushchev. By the 1960s his reputation was publicly rehabilitated and he began to be hailed as a hero of Soviet science.
7. Храм Державной иконы Божией Матери
The Icon of the Lord Church is a wooden Orthodox church named after the Icon of the Lord, which is part of the Cathedral complex of Christ the Redeemer. This temple complex is located in the historical center of Moscow, Russia. The Sovereign Icon Log Church of the Mother of God, the precursor to the complex's main church, is located in the territory around the park along with another small church, the Church of Intercession. It was built by architect Andrei Obolensky in 1995 next to the Cathedral of the Savior, which is under construction, to pave the way for the restoration of the Cathedral of the Savior at historic sites. This temple is built in the style of tent architecture. The restoration of Christ the Savior Cathedral began with the construction of this church. The central parish belonging to the parish of Moscow.
8. Московским пожарным
The Moscow Metro is a metro system serving Moscow, Russia, and the neighbouring cities of Krasnogorsk, Reutov, Lyubertsy and Kotelniki in Moscow Oblast. Opened in 1935 with one 11-kilometre (6.8 mi) line and 13 stations, it was the first underground railway system in the Soviet Union. As of 2021, the Moscow Metro, excluding the Moscow Central Circle, the Moscow Central Diameters and the Moscow Monorail, has 250 stations and its route length is 435.7 km (270.7 mi), making it the fifth-longest in the world and the longest outside China. The system is mostly underground, with the deepest section 74 metres (243 ft) underground at the Park Pobedy station, one of the world's deepest underground stations. It is the busiest metro system in Europe, and is considered a tourist attraction in itself.
9. Кремль в Измайлово
Creml in Izmailovo is a cultural and entertainment complex built in 1998-2007 near the historical royal estate of Izmailovo. It is a wooden building, stylized as Russian architecture of the XVI-XVII centuries (neohistorism). As of 2018, the Kremlin in Izmailovo consists of nine museums and exhibition areas: the Museum of Russian Folk Toys, the Museum of the Foundation of the Russian Navy, the Museum of the History of Russian Vodka, the Museum of Bread, the Museum of Miniatures "World History in Plasticine", the club - museum - lecture hall "Traditional Masks and Figures of the World", the Moscow Museum of Animation, the exhibition "Japan. Dolls, fairy tales, legends", as well as the interactive museum of entertaining devices "Grandfather's Attic".
10. Ф. М. Достоевскому
Fyodor Mikhailovich Dostoevsky, sometimes transliterated as Dostoyevsky, was a Russian novelist, short story writer, essayist, and journalist. Dostoevsky's literary works explore the human condition in the troubled political, social, and spiritual atmospheres of 19th-century Russia, and engage with a variety of philosophical and religious themes. His most acclaimed novels include Crime and Punishment (1866), The Idiot (1869), Demons (1872), and The Brothers Karamazov (1880). His 1864 novella Notes from Underground is considered to be one of the first works of existentialist literature. Numerous literary critics rate him as one of the greatest novelists in all of world literature, as many of his works are considered highly influential masterpieces.
11. Центральный музей древнерусской культуры и искусства им. Андрея Рублева
The central museum of ancient Russian culture and temptation of Imenia Andrei Rublev is the Museum of Russian Church Art of the Middle Ages and the New Age. It was founded in 1947 by scientists Peter Baranovsky, Igor Grabar, Nikolai Voronin and Pavel Maksimov, on the initiative of which the restoration of the Spaso-Andronikov Monastery began. The official opening of the museum took place on September 21, 1960 and was dedicated to the 600th anniversary of the birth of the icon painter Andrei Rublev. The collection consists of more than thirteen thousand icons of the XII -XX centuries, frescoes, wooden sculptures, handwritten and old printed books, objects of copper artistic casting, sewing, tiles, as well as archaeological finds.
12. Музей кино
The Central Cinematography Museum is a state institution in Russia that actively conducts educational and scientific activities in the field of film history and theory. It was established in March 1989 on the basis of the reorganized museum department of the All-Union Film Arts Publicity Bureau. From its opening until November 2005, the Cinematography Museum was located at the Cinematography Centre in Krasnaya Presnya, where a stock collection reflecting the film culture throughout the history of Russian development was created, with regular screenings of world film masterpieces, lectures by film critics, philosophers, critics, directors, Russian and foreign film festivals, and seminars on theoretical issues of cinematography.
13. Галерея Александра Шилова
The Alexander á ndr Shilov Gallery is an art gallery founded in 1997 on the basis of the works of the Soviet people's artist Alexander Shilov. The gallery's main exhibition space is located in a 19th century mansion at 3 Znamenka Street, built by architect Evgraf Tyurin. In 2003, the exhibition hall was expanded: restoration was carried out in the adjacent mansion, as a result of which the house acquired the characteristics of empire, and a basement complex was built underground to connect the two buildings. In 2019, the gallery complex was a single complex, including 22 halls with paintings and graphic works. The museum's exhibit includes more than 1,200 works by Alexander Shilov, donated to Moscow by artists.
Spaso House is a listed Neoclassical Revival building at No. 10 Spasopeskovskaya Square in Moscow. It was originally built in 1913 as the mansion of the textile industrialist Nikolay Vtorov. Since 1933, it has been the residence of the U. S. Ambassador to the Soviet Union, and since 1991, to the Russian Federation. The building belonged to the USSR and later Russia and, under the 1985 lease contract, the U. S. was supposed to pay 72,500 Soviet roubles per year, which by 2001 was the equivalent of about $3, which the U. S. had failed to pay in 1993. In 2004, the two sides concluded a new 49-year lease that was said to be based on a joint assessment of the property's value; the rent rate was not disclosed.
15. Музей В.В. Маяковского
The State Museum of Vladimir Mayakovsky is the Museum of Vladimir Mayakovsky, founded in 1937 at the initiative of Lily Brik as a library-museum. Initially located in Genderic Lane, where the poet lived with Lily and Osip Briks from 1926 to 1930. In 1972, the museum was moved to the former communal apartment in the Lubyansky passage, where Mayakovsky committed suicide. In 1989, according to the project of the museums of Taras Polyakov, the exposition was modernized in the constructivist style, a four-story exhibition space was created according to the project of architect A. V. Bokov, dedicated not only by the poet’s memory, but also to the Russian avant-garde.
16. Музей шахмат Российской шахматной федерации
The chess Museum of the Russian Chess Federation is the world's first chess museum; Its unique collection reflects the history of world and Russian chess culture. The museum’s collection has about 3,000 exhibits, including several hundred chess sets, award cups, paintings, schedules, documents, awards and personal belongings of famous Russian and Soviet chess players. The museum is located in the center of Moscow, in the building of the central house of the chess player named after M. M. Botvinnika, at the address of Gogolevsky Boulevard, 14. As of 2019, the exposition is open to visitors on business days, by preliminary entry in the Russian Chess Federation.
17. Дом Пороховщикова
The house of Porokhovshchikova is a mansion in the center of Moscow, at the address: Starokonyenny Lane, d. 36. Built in 1871-1872 for the Russian entrepreneur and philanthropist A. A. Porokhovshchikov, the owner of the Slavic Bazaar and the restaurant of the same name. The building, built on an ancient foundation made of wood, successfully synthesized the techniques of the national architectural tradition. Breath, composed of thick logs, decorated with carved platbands, cornices and pussies, the mansion combines large volumes and a face that is not devoid of picturesqueness. The project of the house in 1873 received a prize at the World Exhibition in Vienna.
18. Круговая кинопанорама
The Krugovaya Kinopanorama or Circular Kinopanorama - is a cinema in Moscow of Russia which plays Krugorama, a type of cinema presentation in which film is projected on a circular screen with a horizontal 360° view. This was pioneered in 1896 by French engineer Raoul Grimoin-Sanson, who played ten projectors simultaneously on a circular screen, a process he called Cinéorama. Cinerama though spelled similarly has a different meaning, and denotes three projectors on an arched screen, as does Kinopanorama. The technology used in the Moscow Circular Kinopanorama was also previously carried out by Walt Disney in 1955, in a process he called Circarama.
19. Усадьба Апраксиных-Бутурлиных
The Apraxine - Butyrlin - Moscow estate of the princes of the Apraksins, erected at the beginning of the 18th century at the intersection of Znamenka and the Crusader Lane. The building was repeatedly rebuilt by subsequent owners. At different times, the estate belonged to Count Roman Vorontsov, Colonel Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov, chamberlain Sergey Gagarin, his daughter Maria Buturlin and others. Since 1769, the theater troupe leased part of the house under the leadership of the entrepreneurs Giovanni Belmonti and Giuseppe Chinty, later - the Znamensky Opera House. In 1962, the mansion was transferred to the jurisdiction of the Gnesins music school.
20. А. А. Харлампиеву
Anatoly Arkadyevich Kharlampiyev, was a Russian researcher of various kinds of national wrestling and martial arts, Merited Master of Sports of the USSR, and Honored Coach of Sports of the USSR. He was one of the founders of Sambo, a martial art technique developed in the Soviet Union. Kharlampiyev worked as a physical education trainer at the Communist University of the Toilers of the East, and also was a student of boxing, fencing, acrobatics, and mountaineering. In 1938, Kharlampiyev presented Sambo to the USSR All-Union Sports Committee, which recognized the martial art as an official sport.
21. Усадьба князей Голицыных
Goliytsi's Usady in Knowmen Lane is a manor complex built in 1759-1766 for Prince Mikhail Golitsyn according to the project of architect Savva Chevakinsky. From 1775 to 1776, Catherine II lived on the Golitsyn estate, who came to Moscow for celebrations in honor of the conclusion of the Kyuchuk-Kainardzhi peace treaty with the Ottoman Empire. Especially for the empress, a wooden Prechista palace connected to the main corps and neighboring estates long corridors was erected on the territory of the estate. After the departure of Catherine II to St. Petersburg, the structure was disassembled.
22. М. И. Кутузову
Prince Mikhail Illarionovich Golenishchev-Kutuzov was a Field Marshal of the Russian Empire. He served as a military officer and a diplomat under the reign of three Romanov monarchs: Empress Catherine II, and Emperors Paul I and Alexander I. Kutuzov was shot in the head twice while fighting the Turks and survived the serious injuries seemingly against all odds. He defeated Napoleon as commander-in-chief using attrition warfare in the Patriotic war of 1812. Alexander I wrote that Europe will remember him as one of the famous commanders and that Russia will never forget his worthiness.
23. Погодинская изба
Pogodinskaya hut is a historical building on a girl’s field in Moscow, built according to the project of architect Nikolai Nikitin as a gift to the historian and collector Mikhail Pogodin at the expense of entrepreneur Vasily Kokorev. It is a tall wooden log house, decorated in the traditions of folk wooden architecture. The construction of this hut gave an impetus to the development of the Russian style in the architecture of the 19th century and largely formed its direction. Had a significant impact on the development of the Russian style of the middle-end of the XIX century.
24. Владимир Высоцкий
Vladimir Semyonovich Vysotsky, was a Soviet singer-songwriter, poet, and actor, had an immense and enduring effect on Soviet culture. He became widely known for his unique singing style and for his lyrics, which featured social and political commentary in often humorous street-jargon. He was also a prominent stage- and screen-actor. Though the official Soviet cultural establishment largely ignored his work, he achieved remarkable fame during his lifetime, and to this day exerts significant influence on many of Russia's popular musicians and actors years after his death.
25. Галерея искусства Европы и Америки
The gallery of the temptation of the suffering of the Europa and Amuriki of the XIX -XX Gorods is a picture gallery, which presents the works of Western European and American artists of the XIX -XX centuries, including the collections of impressionists and post -impressionists from the collections of philanthropists Sergei Schchukin and Ivan Morozov. The museum is located in the left wing of the Golitsyn estate in Znamensky Lane, since the beginning of the 1980s, which was part of the Pushkin Museum (EMI). The opening of the gallery took place in 2006 as its branch.
The Sukhoi Su-27 is a Soviet-origin twin-engine supermaneuverable fighter aircraft designed by Sukhoi. It was intended as a direct competitor for the large United States fourth-generation fighters such as the Grumman F-14 Tomcat and McDonnell Douglas F-15 Eagle, with 3,530-kilometre (1,910 nmi) range, heavy aircraft ordnance, sophisticated avionics and high maneuverability. The Su-27 was designed for air superiority missions, and subsequent variants are able to perform almost all aerial warfare operations. It was designed with the Mikoyan MiG-29 as its complement.
27. Юрию Долгорукому
The Statue of Yuriy Dolgorukiy is an equestrian statue which commemorates the founding of Moscow in 1147 by Yuriy Dolgorukiy. Dolgorukiy was the Grand Prince of the Kievan Rus' (Kiev) and a member of the Rurik dynasty. On 6 June 1954, the statue was erected on Soviet Square, located in front of the Mossoviet building. The sculptors were Sergei Mikhailovich Orlov, A. P. Antropov, and Nicholay Lvovich Shtamm. The architectural design was by Viktor Semenovich Andreyev. The statue replaced the Monument to the Soviet Constitution, which had been demolished in 1941.
28. Московский музей анимации
The Moscow Animation Museum is the first international animated museum in Russia, opened in 2006 by employees of the Soyuzmultfilm film studio. The collection of exhibits is associated with the history of the development of animation and animation in Russia and abroad. Currently, the main exposition is located on the territory of the Izmailovsky Kremlin, the museum also owns the VDNH Pavilion “House of Culture”, closed for repairs until 2018. Founder - multiplier Leonid Aronovich Schwartzman. The director of the museum is Larisa Evgenievna Vyborgova.
29. Старый Английский Двор
The Old English Courtyard is an architectural and historic landmark of Moscow. It is a civil architectural monument from the 15th to 17th centuries, the residence of the British Moscow Trading Company, and the residence of the British Embassy during the embassy period. It is believed to be the first official foreign representative to remain in Moscow. The building where the museum is located was formerly part of the Museums Association "Moscow Museum" and has been the object of the Zaryadye Park landscape and architectural complex since September 2020.
30. С. Ф. Аверьянов
Sergei Fedorovich Averyanov is a scientist in the field of hydraulic engineering and land reclamation in the Soviet Union. Developer of theories and methods for soil water status management, prediction of soil water and salt status during irrigation. Under his leadership, the Soviet Union built a number of large-scale soil improvement and water conservancy projects, especially an automated soil improvement system at Lesnoye facility in Polesiye, Belarus. His theoretical development was also incorporated into the normative documents of the Soviet Union.
31. Усадьба Охотниковых
The city estate of Okhotnikov, the city estate of Stepanov - the estate in Moscow at the address of Prechistenka Street, house 32/1. The object of cultural heritage of federal significance. The manor complex includes the main house, which goes to the Prechistenka street, a fragment of the original manor fence and a closed non -coniferous courtyard, along the perimeter of which are two outbuildings and two official corps unique in their architecture. The estate is most famous in that before the revolution, the Polivan Gymnasium was located in it.
32. Дом-музей А. И. Герцена
House-Museum Aleksandra Ivanovich Gerzen is a museum dedicated to the activities of the writer Alexander Herzen. Located in Moscow at the address of the Sivtsev 27, is a branch of the State Literary Museum. The exposition is located in a wooden mansion in the Empire style, built in the 1820s, where Herzen lived from 1843 to 1847. The museum opened in 1976 at the initiative of the writer's relatives. As of 2018, the collection includes more than five hundred exhibits: intravital publications, photographs and personal belongings of the writer.
33. В память гибели Великого князя Сергея Александровича
The Monument to Grand Duke Sergei Alexandrovich (Russian: Памятник великому князю Сергею Александровичу) is a monument dedicated to Sergei Alexandrovich, it was consecrated on April 2, 1908 in the exact spot of his assassination. After the Bolshevik Revolution, the monument was destroyed in 1918, but was restored in 1998 in the Novospassky Monastery, where Sergei's remains are buried. The second restored monument was consecrated in the Moscow Kremlin in 2017, where the original monument once stood.
34. Городская усадьба Долгоруких
The town estate of Solloguba is a complex on Povarskaya Street in central Moscow. The oldest part of the mansion was built in the mid-18th century, when the first owner of the estate was aristocrat I. I. Vorontsov-Velyaminov. In the 1770s, the building became the property of the Dolgorukov family and underwent major rebuilding. It was not immediately clear who was the architect of the building. The estate was bought by Mikhail Bode-Kolychev in the mid-19th century and inherited after his death by his son-in-law, artist Fyodor Sollogub.
35. Собор Иконы Божией Матери «Знамение»
The Znamensky Cathedral is the former cathedral of the Znamensky Monastery in Moscow and now operates as a parish church. The cathedral was built between 1679 and 1684 by architects F. Grigoriev and G. Anisimov following old Russian traditions. During the Soviet era, it accommodated various institutions. From 1963 to 1972, major repairs were carried out, which largely restored the Znamensky Cathedral to its original appearance. In 1992, it was transferred to the church, the main temple in the Patriarchal compound of Zaryadye.
36. Сад имени П. И. Травникова
The Botanical Garden named after Pavel Ivanovich Travnikov is a unique garden located in Moscow in the courtyard of house 8 along the Frunzenskaya embankment. It stores on its territory of 0.27 ha of 13 species of plants from the Red Book and other rare species of plants. The garden is a monument of historical landscape architecture and nature, artificially created by the hands of man. The garden was laid in 1958 and named after its founder Pavel Ivanovich Travnikov. The nearest metro station is “Culture Park”.
The Tsar Cannon is a large early modern period artillery piece on display on the grounds of the Moscow Kremlin. It is a monument of Russian artillery casting art, cast in bronze in 1586 in Moscow, by the Russian master bronze caster Andrey Chokhov. Mostly of symbolic impact, it was never used in a war. However, the cannon bears traces of at least one firing. Per the Guinness Book of Records it is the largest bombard by caliber in the world, and it is a major tourist attraction in the ensemble of the Moscow Kremlin.
38. С. И. Спасокукоцкому
Sergei Spasokukotsky Pamyatnik is a monument to Russian and Soviet scientists, surgeons, and the founder of Sergei Spasokukotsky, a Soviet clinical college. Sculptor Vsevolod Lishev and his student Ekaterina Belashova created the monument in 1944 but did not open until 1946. According to other sources-1947. The garden in front of the Nikolai Pirogov City Clinical Hospital building, where the academician worked for many years, was selected as the installation site. In 1960, the monument was protected by the state.
39. Усадьба Измайлово
Izmaylovo Estate was a country residence of the House of Romanov built in the reign of Alexis I of Russia. Originally located 7 kilometres east of Moscow's city limits, it became part of the expanding city in the 20th century. Its territory spanned 10 to 15 square kilometres of the Serebryanka river valley and corresponds, roughly, to present-day Izmaylovo Forest, Terletsky Forest (south-east) and the Cherkizovo market (north-west) territories between the inner ring of the Moscow Railroad and the MKAD beltway.
40. Музей археологии Москвы
Museum of Archeology of Moscow is a museum dedicated to archaeological excavations in Moscow. The opening took place in 1997, however, due to the poor technical condition of the building in 2011, a large-scale reconstruction was carried out, extending until 2015. As of 2018, the exposition consists of more than two thousand exhibits and includes objects from the Paleolithic era to the New Age, found during archaeological expeditions in Moscow and the Moscow Region. The museum is part of the Museum of Moscow.
41. Св. князю Даниилу
The Prince Daniel Monument in Moscow is a monument in Moscow's Danilov Square Park. It commemorates the 850th anniversary of the founding of Moscow and honors Saint Daniel Alexandrovich, the founder of Stavropeg Monastery near Danilov, of which the Archduke himself is a schema monk. Established in 1997. The authors are sculptors A. Korovin, V. Mokrousov and architect D. Sokolov. The monument is located at the fork of the streets of Lyusinovskaya and Bolshaya Serpukhovskaya near the Tulskaya subway station.
42. А. Н. Шибанову
The Last Address is a civic initiative to commemorate the victims of repressions in the Soviet Union. The essence of the initiative is that ordinary people deserve to be commemorated, not only "VIPs" which typically receive memorial plaques. A small commemorative plaque (palm-sized) is installed on the houses known as the last residential addresses of those arrested. Every commemorative plaque is dedicated to one person only, with the project operating according to the motto "One name, one life, one sign".
43. Усадьба Вяземских-Долгоруковых
The estimate of the Vyska-Dolgoruky-the former city estate of the princes of Vyazemsky-Dolgorukov, built in the 1720s on the basis of the Stone Chambers of the 17th century. After the revolution of 1917, the estate was nationalized, and the Institute of Marxism-Leninism was discovered in the main building. In 1925-1926, two wings in the style of the project of architect Sergei Gruzenberg were attached to the building. From 1962 to 1992, the house was the museum of Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels.
BTS-001 OK-ML-1, Product 0.01, BTS-01 is a full-scale test model of Buran orbiting spacecraft, which is designed to test the air transportation of orbiting complex and repeat static strength test. After preparing materials for Blizzard's maiden flight and then effectively shutting down the program, it was converted into a science and education attraction, Blizzard: A Journey to Space, in 1993 and delivered to the Central Cultural Leisure Park. M. Gorky on the Frunzenskaya embankment in Moscow.
45. В. Ф. Снегирёву
Vladimir Snegirev Pamyatnik is a monument to Vladimir Snegirev, a Russian physician, emeritus professor at Moscow University and one of the founders of Russian gynecology. It opened in front of the Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinic on November 2, Sculptors Sergei Konyonkov and Alexander Dmitrievich Kozachok began work on the monument in 1967, and the architect of the project was Evgeny Stamo. In 1992, the monument was protected by the state as a cultural heritage with regional significance.
46. Музей русской усадебной культуры
Vlachernskoye Kuzminki Manor Culture Museum is a museum located in the annex of Kuzminki Manor Complex, which was built in the early 18th century. The exhibition focuses on the former owners of the estate, Baron Stroganov and Prince Golitsyn, as well as the aristocratic and peasant culture of the 19th century. The museum opened in 2000 as a branch of the Moscow Museum Association. The collection includes antique furniture, artworks and household items from the 18th to 19th centuries.
47. Золотая Царицына палата
The Tsarina's Golden Chamber is the official reception room of the Russian tsarinas, where they held formal celebrations of Russian monarchs' weddings, meetings with Russian and foreign clergy, and receptions for relatives of the imperial family and for ladies of the court. It is part of the tsar's palace in the Moscow Kremlin. Золотая Царицына Палата is also the name of the building that houses the chamber, this time using Палата in the sense of "palace".
48. Музей-мастерская А. С. Голубкиной
Museum-Mastern Ainna Golubkina-Museum of Memory of Sculptor Anna Golubkina in Moscow. Located in former art workshops, which Golubkina rented from 1910 until her death (1927). The opening of the museum took place seven years later-in 1934, but due to changes in the cultural policy of the USSR in 1952, it was closed. According to the resolution of the city authorities, the museum was re-opened in 1972. In 1986, Anna Golubkina's workshop became part of the Tretyakov Gallery.
49. Музей-квартира Ф.М.Достоевского
The Museum Center of Dostoevsky's Former Residence in Moscow is a memorial museum dedicated to the works of writer Dostoevsky. It is located in the old building of Malinsky Hospital, where his family lived in the annex building from 1821 to 1837. Founded in 1928 as Dostoevsky's museum apartment, it became part of the National Museum of Literature in 1940. In 2018, the exhibition included antique furniture, family photos and personal belongings from the Dostoevsky family.
50. Дом-музей Щепкина
Dom-museum Mikhail Shchepkin is a memorial museum dedicated to the life and activities of actor Mikhail Shchepkin. Located in a two -story wooden estate of the XVIII - early XIX century, which did not suffer during the fire of 1812. The museum was opened in 2009 as a branch of the State Central Theater Museum named after Alexei Bakhrushin. The exposition consists of genuine things, personal documents, as well as furniture and art works related to the life of the actor.
51. Ивану Фёдорову
Ivan Fedorov's Memory is a sculptural monument in Moscow honoring Ivan Fedorov, the creator of Russia's first dated printed book. Opened in front of the Kitaygorodsky wall next to the Tretyakovsky passage in 1909. Made by sculptor Sergei Volnikhin based on a project by architect Ivan Mashkov. The monument, which has been moved several times since the 1990s, is located near House 2 in Teatralny Proezd. The monument was awarded the status of Russian cultural heritage.
52. Храм Преподобного Сергия Радонежского на Ходынском поле
The Radonij Saint Sergius Church in Khodynskoye Pole is the Orthodox Church of the Khodynskoye Pole summer camp in Moscow. Built in 1892-1893, the building was funded by donors and operated during the summer months. The wooden temple is neo-Russian in style and was designed by architect I. P. Khorodinov. After the October Revolution, the temple was closed and demolished in the 1930s. In 2015-2017, the temple was rebuilt at a new site according to the new project.
53. Дом культуры имени С.М. Зуева
The Zuev House of Culture is a building of the House of Culture in Moscow, located on Lesnaya Street; one of the most striking and famous monuments of constructivism in the world. It was built in 1927-1929 according to the project of the architect Ilya Golosov and named after the participant of the revolution of 1905, the locksmith of the tram park Sergey Zuev. On the territory of the Palace of Culture there are theaters, including "Quartet I", "Other Theater".
54. В. И. Ленину
Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov, better known by his alias Lenin, was a Russian revolutionary, politician, and political theorist. He served as the first and founding head of government of Soviet Russia from 1917 to 1924 and of the Soviet Union from 1922 to 1924. Under his administration, Russia, and later the Soviet Union, became a one-party socialist state governed by the Communist Party. His developments to the theory and ideology of Marxism are now called Leninism.
55. Андрей Рублёв
The Andrei Rublev Monument is a Moscow monument built in 1985 at the entrance to the former Spaso-Andronikov monastery. The monument is dedicated to the most famous and respected Russian icon painter of the 15th-century Moscow Academy of Icon Painting, Books and Memorial Painting, Andrei Rublev, a resident of the monastery. The author of the monument is sculptor O. K. Komov. The monument is located in front of the building in Andronyevskaya Square at No. 10.
56. А.А. Фадееву
The Alexander Fadeev Monument is a sculptural ensemble dedicated to the Soviet writer Alexander Aleksandrovich Fadeyev (1901–1956) and the heroes of his works "Defeat" and "Young Guards". Established in Moscow on the Miusskaya square in front of the Palace of Pioneers and Schoolchildren. The authors of the monument are sculptor V. A. Fedorov, architects M. E. Konstantinov, V. N. Fursov. The monument has the status of an identified cultural heritage site.
57. Ансамбль Жилые дома на Октябрьском поле
The Oktyabrskoye Pole Residential Complex is a complex located in the Shchukino district of the north-west administrative district of the city of Moscow. The orchestra includes houses 21-29 Marshal Biryuzov Street; 9, Building 1, Marshal Street, Konev; House 6-12 Marshal Street Meretkov and House 6 Marshal Street Sokolovsky. Residential buildings and objects in adjacent areas have the status of regional cultural heritage and are protected by the state.
58. Минину и Пожарскому
The Monument to Minin and Pozharsky is a bronze statue designed by Ivan Martos and located on the Red Square in Moscow, Russia, in front of Saint Basil's Cathedral. The statue commemorates Prince Dmitry Pozharsky and Kuzma Minin, who gathered an all-Russian volunteer army and expelled the forces of the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth under the command of King Sigismund III of Poland from Moscow, thus putting an end to the Time of Troubles in 1612.
59. Дом Г. А. Тарасова
The house of G. A. Tarasov in Moscow at the address of Spiridonovka Street, the house 30/1 - the city estate designed in 1909 and built in 1909-1912 I. V. Zholtovsky with the participation of I. I. Nivinsky, E. E. Lansere and V. P. Trofimov. An architectural monument, an object of cultural heritage, the first completed work of Zholtovsky in the spirit of the Italian Renaissance, to which the architect followed until the end of his life.
60. Парк Сокольники
Sokolniki Park, named for the falcon hunt of the Grand Dukes of Muscovy formerly conducted there, is located in the eponymous Sokolniki District of Moscow. Sokolniki Park is not far from the center of the city, near Sokolnicheskaya Gate. The park gained its name from the Sokolnichya Quarter, the 17th-century home of the sovereign's falconers. It was created by Tsar Alexei Mikhailovich, a keen hunter who loved to go falconing in the area.
61. В. И. Ленину
Monument to Lenin in the depot of the October Railway is the sculpture of V. I. Lenin, located in Moscow on the territory of the October Railway Depot near the Leningrad station. The monument is erected on railway wheels and thus is mobile. The author of the monument is the sculptor I. A. Mendelevich. This is one of the first monuments to the leader of the world proletariat in Moscow and the only Lenin in the world on the wheels.
62. В. Гюго
Victor-Marie Hugo was a French poet, novelist, essayist, playwright, and dramatist of the Romantic movement. During a literary career that spanned more than sixty years, he wrote abundantly in an exceptional variety of genres: lyrics, satires, epics, philosophical poems, epigrams, novels, history, critical essays, political speeches, funeral orations, diaries, and letters public and private, as well as dramas in verse and prose.
63. Н. Хикмету
Nâzım Hikmet Ran, commonly known as Nâzım Hikmet, was a Turkish poet, playwright, novelist, screenwriter, director and memoirist. He was acclaimed for the "lyrical flow of his statements". Described as a "romantic communist" and "romantic revolutionary", he was repeatedly arrested for his political beliefs and spent much of his adult life in prison or in exile. His poetry has been translated into more than fifty languages.
64. Открытый фрагмент стены Белого города
Belogorod City Wall or Belgorod City Wall is a painted brick city wall surrounding Moscow Baicheng from the end of 16th century to the end of 18th century. Presumably, this part of the city is named after the color of the walls painted with lime. Under the leadership of Catherine II, the dilapidated wall was demolished and a boulevard ring was laid in its place. There is only one year outside the wall [to be determined].
65. Большой Московский Государственный цирк
The Big Moskovsky Circus is the largest circus in Europe, located in Moscow at the intersection of Vernadsky Avenue with Lomonosovsky Prospekt. The building was built under the leadership of the architect Yakov Belopolsky. The circus was opened on April 30, 1971. It has a system of five fast -fasting arenas. In the backstage part there is a separate rehearsal arena. The auditorium of the circus accommodates 3400 people.
66. Особняк Шехтеля
Shekhtel's mansion on Ermolaevsky Lane is a building built by Fyodor Shekhtel in 1896 for his family at the intersection of Treokhprudny and Ermolaevsky Lane. Architect Vladimir Adamovich was also involved in the construction. The house has been under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of the People's Committee for Foreign Affairs since 1944, and the estate has been the residence of Uruguayan ambassadors since the 1950s.
67. Храм иконы Божией Матери «Знамение»
The temple of the icon of the Mother of the Maternity “Hreat” on the Sheremetvo Courtyard is an Orthodox temple erected as a brownie at the end of the 17th century in the style of Moscow Baroque on the territory of the estate of the boyar Lev Naryshkin. The main throne was consecrated in honor of the icon of the Mother of God “The Sign”, the aisles in honor of the Monk Sergius of Radonezh and Varlaam Khutinsky.
68. Большая глина №4
Big clay No. 4 - sculpture of the Swiss artist Urs Fisher, presenting the act of creation, creation, transformation. Created in 2013-2014 was exhibited in New York (2015) and Florence (2017). In August 2021, shortly before the opening of the Center for Contemporary Art “House of Culture GES-2”, was installed before its entrance complex, on the Moscow Swamp Embankment, and caused an extremely ambiguous assessment.
69. Часовня князя Даниила
Moscow's Daniel Chapel is an Orthodox chapel in Moscow's Shelpukhov Outpost Square Park in honor of Grand Duke Daniel Alexandrovich, founder of the monastery of Daniel Stavropeg, who himself is a nearby schema monk. It was rebuilt in 1998 according to the design of architects Yu. G. Alonov and D. G. Sokolov. The chapel is located on the way from the Tulskaya subway station to the Danilovsky Stavropegial Monastery.
70. храм Казанской иконы Божьей Матери
The Church of the Icon of the Mother of God in Kazan is a pillarless five-headed Orthodox church in the mid-17th century, located in the territory of the National Museum of History and Architecture-Protected Area "Kolomenskoye", in the Nagatinsky Zaton region of the southern administrative district of Moscow, in the former village of Kolomenskoye near Moscow. The church belongs to Danilov Parish of Moscow Parish.
71. Ф. Э. Дзержинскому
The Monument to Felix Dzerzhinsky, also known by the nickname Iron Felix, commemorates Felix Dzerzhinsky, Bolshevik revolutionary and head of the first two Soviet state-security organizations, the Cheka and the OGPU. The monument, designed by Grigory Zakharov and incorporating a statue of Dzerzhinsky sculpted by Yevgeny Vuchetich, was erected on Dzerzhinsky Square, Moscow in 1958, next to the Lubyanka Building.
72. Киноконцерн «Мосфильм»
Mosfilm is a film studio which is among the largest and oldest in the Russian Federation and in Europe. Founded in 1924 in the USSR as a production unit of that nation's film monopoly, its output includes most of the more widely acclaimed Soviet-era films, ranging from works by Andrei Tarkovsky and Sergei Eisenstein, to Red Westerns, to the Akira Kurosawa co-production Dersu Uzala and the epic War and Peace.
73. Голландский домик царя Петра I
Peter I Dutch Cabin, one of the exhibits in Moscow's Kolomenskoye Museum Preserve, is a full-size exterior and interior model of Zaandam Peter I Cabin. The Government of the Kingdom of the Netherlands donated to Russia as part of the 2013 Crossing Year of Russian-Dutch Cooperation. It was built by the 101st Engineering Battalion of Vizepa City of the Dutch Armed Forces on the territory of the Museum Reserve.
74. И. Э. Грабарю
Igor Emmanuilovich Grabar was a Russian post-impressionist painter, publisher, restorer and historian of art. Grabar, descendant of a wealthy Rusyn family, was trained as a painter by Ilya Repin in Saint Petersburg and by Anton Ažbe in Munich. He reached his peak in painting in 1903–1907 and was notable for a peculiar divisionist painting technique bordering on pointillism and his rendition of snow.
75. Музей денег
Museum Detneg is a private Moscow museum dedicated to the history of money of Russia and the world. It was created in 2011 at the initiative of financier Alexander Plushenko, the exposition was based on its private collection, which has about 1,500 exhibits from more than 200 countries of the world by 2010. Located on the ground floor of the river steamboat building in the Park of the River Station.
76. Музей холодной войны (экспозиционный комплекс Бункер-42)
The Museum of the Cold War is a military-historical museum and an entertainment complex in Moscow in the 5th Kotelnicheskaya Lane near the Taganskaya metro station. Founded in 2006. It is located in an underground bunker with an area of more than 7000 m² at a depth of 65 meters in the territory of the former classified military facility of the USSR - a reserve command post of long -range aviation.
77. М. Г. Ефремову
Lieutenant General Mikhail Grigoryevich Yefremov was a Soviet military commander. He took part in the October Revolution, joined the Russian Communist Party (b) in 1919, and became a division commander in 1921. He also became a military advisor to the National Government of China in 1928. During World War II, he commanded the Central Front in August 1941, and the Soviet 33rd Army from October 1941.
78. В. Г. Короленко
Vladimir Galaktionovich Korolenko was a Ukrainian-born Russian writer, journalist, human rights activist and humanitarian of Ukrainian and Polish origin. His best-known work include the short novel The Blind Musician (1886), as well as numerous short stories based upon his experience of exile in Siberia. Korolenko was a strong critic of the Tsarist regime and in his final years of the Bolsheviks.
79. Сонька Золотая Ручка
Sofia Ivanovna Blyuvshtein, was a female con artist who lived in the Russian Empire and was eventually convicted of theft. She committed several carefully planned robberies, and was eventually captured and exiled to the Sakhalin penal colony. She became the basis of several books and films, in which she is romanticized as a Robin Hood figure, who never killed, and who stole only from the rich.
80. Н. Гастелло
Gastello Pamyatnik is a monument commemorating Nikolai Frantsevich Gastello, a famous pilot and Soviet hero during the Great Patriotic War, who pointed the plane at the fascist tank column on the fourth day of the war. Built in 1985, this monument is located at the starting point of Gastello Street in Moscow, near its intersection with Rusakovskaya Street. Sculptor Boris Alexeyevich Machkov.
81. Ф. Э. Дзержинскому
Felix Edmundovich Dzerzhinsky, nicknamed "Iron Felix", was a Bolshevik revolutionary and official, born into Polish nobility. From 1917 until his death in 1926, Dzerzhinsky led the first two Soviet state-security organizations, the Cheka and the OGPU, establishing a secret police for the post-revolutionary Soviet regime. He was one of the architects of the Red Terror and decossackization.
82. Музей советских игровых автоматов
The Museum of Soviet Arcade Machines is a private historical interactive museum that keeps a collection of arcade machines that were produced in the USSR from the mid-1970s. April 13, 2007 is considered to be the foundation day of the museum. Visitors of the museum are given 15-kopeck coins at the entrance to get the arcade machines started. The ticket price also includes an excursion.
83. сквер Мстислава Ростроповича
Mstislav Rostropovich Square is a square at the intersection of Eliseevsky and Bryusov Lane in central Moscow. The square is located in the historic part of the city, in a picturesque and sparsely populated area between the streets of Bolshaya Nikitskaya and Tverskaya. Due to the particularity of the terrain, the square is higher than the alleys surrounding it to a certain extent.
84. Дружба народов
The Friends of the People Fountain is one of the main fountains and major symbols of VDNKh. Created for the opening of VDNKh in 1954 under the project of Konstantin Topuridze and G. D. Konstantinovsky. Located in Central Hutong, People's Friendship Square and next to the main hall. The fountain has been closed for restoration since early autumn 2018 and reopened in April 2019.
85. Л. И. Яшину
Lev Ivanovich Yashin, nicknamed the "Black Spider" or the "Black Panther", was a Soviet professional footballer regarded by many as the greatest goalkeeper in the history of the sport. He was known for his athleticism, positioning, stature, bravery, imposing presence in goal, and acrobatic reflex saves. He was also deputy chairman of the Football Federation of the Soviet Union.
86. И. С. Попову
Ivan Semenovich Popov (1888–1964) - Soviet livestock specialist, researcher of feed resources of the USSR, nutritional forage products and issues of feeding agricultural animals. Doctor of Agricultural Sciences, Professor of the Moscow Agricultural Academy named after K. A. Timiryazev, Academician of Vaskhnil. The organizer of the first in the USSR, the Department of Feeding.
87. Северное Тушино
The North Tushino park is a park located on the territory of the North Tushino municipal district in the north-west of Moscow between Svoboda Street and the Khimki reservoir. The nearest metro stations are “Skhodnenskaya” and “Plaerennaya”. It was formed in 1992 on the site of the Zakharkovsky Garden, planted in the 1950s. Like a collective farm apple-breast garden.
88. Церковь Святого великомученика Георгия Победоносца
The Church of George the Victorious is a monument to the wooden architecture of the Russian North in the Moscow Museum-Reserve "Kolomenskoye". It was built in 1685 on the banks of the Ergy River, preserved in an almost original appearance until the beginning of the 21st century, in 2008-2011 was dismantled, transported to Moscow and restored in the territory of Kolomensky.
89. Дом Культуры Железнодорожников
Alexey Victorovich Shchusev was a Russian and Soviet architect who was successful during three consecutive epochs of Russian architecture – Art Nouveau, Constructivism, and Stalinist architecture, being one of the few Russian architects to be celebrated under both the Romanovs and the communists, becoming the most decorated architect in terms of Stalin prizes awarded.
90. Храм Покрова Пресвятой Богородицы
The Holy Theotokos Intercession Church in Rubtsov is the Orthodox Church of the Epiphany in the diocese of Moscow. It is located in the Basmani district of Moscow's central administrative district. The throne of the Lord was consecrated to commemorate the intercession festival of the most holy Theotokos; In memory of Tsar Dimitri, in memory of St. Sergius of Ladonne.
91. Московский государственный музей С. А. Есенина (филиал)
The National Museum of Sergei Yesaining is a museum dedicated to displaying the life and works of poet Sergei Yesaining. It is located in House 24 in Bolshaya Strochenovsky Lane, where the poet lived and registered from 1911 to 1918. The building was badly damaged in a fire in 1992, but was rebuilt in 1994. The museum opened in 1995 to mark the poet's 100th birthday.
The Sukhoi Su-25 Grach is a subsonic, single-seat, twin-engine jet aircraft developed in the Soviet Union by Sukhoi. It was designed to provide close air support for Soviet Ground Forces. The first prototype made its maiden flight on 22 February 1975. After testing, the aircraft went into series production in 1978 in Tbilisi in the Georgian Soviet Socialist Republic.
93. Особняк А. И. Дерожинской
Aleksandra Ivanovna Derozhinskaya Mansion is a residential building in Kropotkinsky Lane, Moscow. It was built in 1901-1904 and designed by architect Fyodor Shekhtel for Alexandra Derozhinskaya, owner of the textile enterprise "Ivan Butikov Manufacturing Partnership". It is recognized as one of the most expressive examples of the Art Nouveau Movement in Moscow.
94. Подпольная типография 1905-1906 гг.
Museum "Underground printing house of 1905-1906" - Historical Museum in Moscow, a branch of the State Central Museum of Modern History of Russia. Open in 1924. It is a rare monument of the political history of Russia of the period of the first Russian revolution of 1905-1907, dedicated mainly to the illegal activities of the Party of the RSDLP in these years.
95. Храм Воскресения Христова и Покрова Божией Матери
The Church of the Resurrection of Christ and Intercession of Our Lady in Tokmakov Lane is the church of the old believers of the Pomeranian Agreement, located in Tokmakov Lane, Basmani District, Central Administrative District of Moscow. It was the first old-believer church in the Pomeranian community, built after the Moscow Declaration of Tolerance in 1905.
96. Солдатам правопорядка, погибшим при исполнении служебного долга
The monument to employees of the internal affairs, law enforcement soldiers who died in the execution of official debt was erected in 1994 in Moscow on Trubnaya Square. The authors of the monument are sculptor A. A. Bichukov and architect A. V. Klimochkin. The total height of the monument is 32. 5 m. The monument belongs to the category of "city sculpture".
97. Сергей Есенин
Sergei Alexandrovich Yesenin, sometimes spelled as Esenin, was a Russian lyric poet. He is one of the most popular and well-known Russian poets of the 20th century, known for "his lyrical evocations of and nostalgia for the village life of his childhood – no idyll, presented in all its rawness, with an implied curse on urbanisation and industrialisation."
98. Загородная усадьба графа Орлова
Pigeon Villa is a classical mansion in Moscow, built in 1780, near the monastery of Donskoi. It was not immediately clear who the building's customers were and how the name "Dovecote" came into being. It is presumed that the estate belongs to the companion of Alexei Orlov, Queen of Catherine II. As of 2018, the building was occupied by Oriental Restaurant.
99. А. А. Красовскому
Aleksandr Arkadievich Krasovsky is a Russian scientist. He has been a major general of aviation in the Soviet Union since 1963, a communication academician of the Soviet Academy of Sciences since 1968, a national award of the Soviet Union in 1976, a socialist labor hero in 1981, and a meritorious expert in the field of automatic control systems since 1992.
100. Дом архитектора Мельникова
The Melnikov House (the studio of architect Konstantin Stepanovich Melnikov) is a single-family residential building that is a monument to the avant-garde architecture of the Soviet Union. Built between 1927 and 1929, it was designed by renowned Soviet architect Konstantin Melnikov for himself and his family and is located in Moscow's Krivoarbatsky Lane.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.