Explore interesting sights in Cluj-Napoca, Romania. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 16 sights are available in Cluj-Napoca, Romania.Sightseeing Tours in Cluj-Napoca
1. Piarist Church
The Church of Pianiștilor, initially known as the Church of the Jesuits in Cluj, respectively as the University Church, located on the University Street no. 5, with the dedication "Holy Trinity", is the first Catholic church built in Transylvania after the Protestant Reform, at the same time the first ecclesiastical edifice in the baroque style in the former Hapsburg province. The church constituted an architectural ensemble with the Jesuit Academic College, on which is today the central building of the "Babeș-Bolyai" University. The place of worship presents a strong contrast between a monumental and sober architecture on the outside, and a well -ornate, almost exuberant interior, a jewel of the baroque style. In front of the church was, until 1959, the statue of the Virgin Mary, a monument moved by the communist authorities behind the "St. Peter" Church in Cluj.
2. Biserica Reformată de pe Ulița Lupilor
The Reformed Church on the Wolf Ulita in Cluj-Napoca in the immediate vicinity of the Tailor Bastion is one of the most valuable Gothic buildings in Transylvania, being erected between 1486 and 1516. The Church is also known as the Central Reformed Church or the Reformed Church on the Wolf Ulita. The name of the Ulitea Wolves, one of the oldest streets of Cluj, is mentioned in medieval documents such as Platea Luporum. After the Union of Transylvania with Romania the name of the Wolf Olita was changed to the “Mihail Kogălniceanu Street”, which has so far remained the official name of the street.
3. Wooden church from Petrindu
The wooden church from Petrindu from the homonymous locality in Sălaj county is found today in the "Romulus Vuia" National Ethnographic Park in Cluj-Napoca. The ecclesial construction is representative for the wooden churches in northern Transylvania erected during the 18th century. Inside it is kept a valuable mural painting of 1835, signed by Dimitrie Ispas from Gilău, one of the most famous Transylvanian paintings. The church is located on the new list of historical monuments under the LMI code: CJ-II-A-B-07461, which includes the Ethnographic Museum of Transylvania in Cluj-Napoca as a whole.
4. Wooden church from Chiraleș
The wooden church in Chiraleș is an old Greek-Catholic church at the origin, which has been in 1963, when it was restored, in the "Romulus Vuia" National Ethnographic Park in Cluj-Napoca. From an architectural point of view, the church presents technical, formal and decorative qualities that recommend it as one of the most representative of the wooden places in Transylvania remaining in the 17th century. The church is on the new list of historical monuments under the LMI code: CJ-II A-B-07461, which includes the Ethnographic Museum of Transylvania as a whole.
5. Central Cemetery
The Hajongard Cemetery on the former Butcher Olita, currently str. Avram Iancu is one of the oldest cemeteries in Cluj-Napoca, founded in the 16th century with the unincapable becoming of the cemetery that worked around the Church of St. Michael in the center of town. It is one of the most interesting tourist objectives of the city, being ranked as a historical monument in the list of historical monuments of 2015, with the CJ-IV-s-B-07839 code. It stretches on an area of approximately 14 hectares.
6. Evangelical-Lutheran Church
The Evangelical-Synodo-Presbyterian Church in Cluj-Napoca is a place of worship of the Lutheran Evangelical Church in Romania. The edifice is located in the municipality of Cluj, Boulevard 21 December 1989, no. 1, and was built between 1816-1829, according to the plans of architects Georg Winkler and Christian Kiermeyer. The construction harmoniously combines elements of the baroque with the neoclassical style. In his walls were incorporated the stones of the so-called round bastion.
7. Alexandru Borza Botanical Garden
The Cluj-Napoca Botanical Garden, officially Alexandru Borza Cluj-Napoca University Botanic Garden, is a botanical garden located in the south part of Cluj-Napoca, Romania. It was founded in 1872 by Hungarian linguist Sámuel Brassai, known as the "Last Transylvanian Polymath". Its director in 1905 was Aladár Richter, then Páter Béla, Győrffy István, and then, in 1920, it was taken over by the local university and by Alexandru Borza.
8. Ethnographic Museum of Transylvania
The Ethnographic Museum of Transylvania is situated in Cluj-Napoca, Romania. With a history of almost 100 years, the Ethnographic Museum of Transylvania is one of the first and greatest of its kind in Romania. It has two exhibition sections, one of which is to be found in downtown Reduta Palace, while the other exhibition section is the open-air Romulus Vuia Park situated on the city's north-west side, in Hoia Forest.
9. Cock Church
The Reformed Church with Cocos is a historical and architectural monument, opera of architect Károly Kós. The edifice was built in the 1913-1914 style of the Viennese Secession. It is located on the street of Motii No. 84 in Cluj-Napoca municipality. The southern tower of the church is decorated at the top with a cock, from which the name of the building comes.
10. Wooden church from Cizer
The wooden church in Cizer dates back to 1773 and has been preserved since 1968 in the "Romulus Vuia" National Ethnographic Park in Cluj-Napoca. From an architectural point of view, the church has technical, formal and decorative qualities due to which it is considered one of the most representative of the wooden places in Transylvania.
11. Dormition of the Theotokos Orthodox Cathedral
The Dormition of the Theotokos Cathedral is the most famous Romanian Orthodox church of Cluj-Napoca, Romania. Built in a Romanian Brâncovenesc style, a synthesis of Renaissance and Byzantine architecture, it lies on the Avram Iancu Square, together with the Cluj-Napoca National Theatre and the Avram Iancu Statue.
12. Bob Church
The Bob church is the first Greek-Catholic church that was built in 1803 in the city of Cluj, Transylvania, at that time part of the Austrian Empire. The name of the church comes from the Romanian noble Ioan Bob, later bishop of the Romanian Greek-Catholic church, who paid for the construction of the church.
13. Catedrala Schimbarea la Față
The Transfiguration Cathedral is a historical and architectural monument in Cluj-Napoca. The edifice was built between 1775-1779 in baroque style. Since 1924 it has served as the cathedral of the Greek-Catholic Diocese of Cluj-Gherla. The church is located on the current Eroilor Boulevard, at nr. 10.
14. Statue of Saint George
St. George's Statue in Cluj is a historic monument, copy of St. George's Statue in Prague, the original made by Clujian craftsmen Martin and Gheorghe at the end of the Middle Ages. The copy was made in 1904 by sculptor József Róna, the postament was made by Kálmán Lux (1880-1961).
15. Saint Peter
The Church "Saints Peter and Paul" is a Roman Catholic Church located on December 21, 1989, no. 85, from Cluj-Napoca. The place was built in the present form in neo-Gothic style in the middle of the 19th century, on the foundation of an older church dated from the fifteenth century.
16. Biserica Reformată-Calvină din Orașul de Jos
The Calvinist-Reformed Church in the Lower Town, also called the Reformed Church with 2 towers, located on Bd. 21 December 1989 nr. 41, is one of the symbolic buildings of Cluj-Napoca, being classified as a historical monument, with code LMI CJ-II-m-B-07264.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.