Book tickets, guided tours and activities in Brasov.
Guided Free Walking Tours
Book free guided walking tours in Brasov.
Explore interesting sights in Brasov, Romania. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 14 sights are available in Brasov, Romania.Sightseeing Tours in Brasov
1. Black ChurchBook Free Tour*
The Black Church, stands in the city of Brașov in south-eastern Transylvania, Romania. It was built by the local Transylvanian Saxon (German) community of the city during medieval times and represents the main Gothic-style monument in the country, as well as being the largest and one of the most important houses of worship in the region which belong to the Lutheran, i.e., Evangelical Church of Augustan Confession in Romania.
2. Council HouseBook Free Tour*
The House of Advice in Brasov, the old town hall located in the Piata Sfatului in the historical center of the city, represents the most important secular monument of Brasov. The building is nominated as a historical monument LMI BV-II-M-A-11586, and in the national archaeological repertoire the monument appears with the code 40205.211.
3. White Tower
Built between 1460 and 1494, the White Tower still impresses with the massiveness and slim of its architectural lines. By summarizing its architecture in the data we can say: open semicircular plan; over 30 m level difference from the city walls; Height: 20 m to the city and 18 m towards the hill; The walls are based on 4 m, and the diameter of the tower measures 19 m. Throughout its walls, the tower presents meterese, pitch holes and balconies supported by stone carved consoles. Being 59 m away from the fortress wall, the tower communicates with it through a mobile bridge that connected the tower and the graft bastion. He had a view towards the bluma and, with his 5 floors, was the highest fortification point in Brasov. Inside the tower, the chimney was kept above a glass, which could also serve to heat the guardians and defenders - mitigating guilds and copper. In 1678, the guild of the Cositors redeemed the obligation to defend the tower, the number of craftsmen being low. On the occasion of the great fire of April 21, 1689, the fire carried by a strong wind also included the White Tower, which burned, being renovated only in 1723. Other restoration actions were performed in 1902, 1974, 2002 and 2005 - 2006. Today it has a museum point.
4. Catherine's Gate
Catherine's Gate in Brașov, Romania, was built by the Tailors’ Guild, in 1559 for defensive purposes to replace an old gate destroyed by a flood in 1526. It is named after St. Catherine's Monastery that was situated here in former times. It is the only original city gate to have survived from medieval times. In fact the central tower is only a part of the original gate; documents talk about the existence of a wooden structure which was demolished in 1827. The original structure can be seen at the Weaver's Bastion where the large model of Brașov in 1600 is displayed.
5. Cetățuia de pe Strajă
The fortress on the street was an important fortification of defense, but outside the fortress of Brasov, in order to prevent the attack and especially the bombing on the surrounding heights. The citadel is located north of the fortress of Brasov, on the Straja hill between Brașovechi and Blumăna and is declared a historical monument of national importance. The fortress on the street should not be confused with the fortress of Brasov, the whole of the fortifications that surrounded the current historical center of the city.
6. Czeides house
The Czeides House is a monumental building in Brasov, known mainly for József Bem's campaign in Transylvania. It stands in the northeastern part of the Main Square, on the so-called Wheat Row, between the parsonage of the Orthodox church and the Walbaum House; It acquired its present appearance in 1827. In 1849 József Bem stayed here and read the Brasov Manifesto from his balcony. It is listed in the Romanian National Register of Monuments under serial number BV-II-m-A-11563.
7. Biserica reformată Belvárosi
The Church of the Reformed Parish of Brasov, the Church of the Reformed Parish of Brasov, is at No. 3 of the șaguna line (Strada Andrei șaguna). The Reformed had originally a monumental, eclectic-style 19th-century temple in the city center on the Rezső Boulevard, but this was destroyed by communist power in 1963. A gym for the ward has been designated as a temple on the edge of the Bulgarians, which is still used.
8. Sinagoga Beth Israel
The Beth Israel Synagogue in Brasov, stands at 29 Poarta Șchei Street in the center of Brasov, Romania, behind the street front, on a plot surrounded by houses. The synagogue still plays a ritual role. The building complex includes a community seat and a kosher restaurant. Beth Israel Synagogue is included in the list of National Historic monuments in Romania under the number BV-II-m-B-11515.
9. Seuler house
The Seuler House stands in the northwestern part of Brasov, the so-called Lensor, next to the impressive Czell Palace. It is even called a columnar house. In the 18th century it was inhabited by the Seuler, then the Herbertsheim family, and from 1767 it was used by the Austrian military headquarters. The list of Romanian monuments includes the BV-II-M-B-11583.
10. Poarta Schei
Șchei Gate in the Șcheii Brașovului neighborhood of Brașov, Romania, is right next to Catherine's Gate. It was built in between 1827 and 1828 in order to let through heightened traffic. The much bigger Catherine's Gate was demolished at the same time (1827), with the exception of the tower of the exterior gate, which was used as storage.
11. Statuia Johannes Honterus
The statue of Johannes Honterus, located in the Black Church court of Brasov, near the southern facade, unveiled on August 21, 1898, is a work of the Berlin sculptor Haro Magnussen. On the monument's socket there are two bronze basreliefs. It is listed in the 2004 historical monuments list with BV-III-m-B-11857 code.
12. The First Romanian School Museum
The First Romanian School is located on the grounds of the 16th-century St. Nicholas Church, itself located in the historic district of Șcheii Brașovului, in what is now Brașov, Romania. This is the first school on the territory of present-day Romania where Romanian language was used in teaching.
13. Friedrich Czell palace
The Friedrich Czell Palace in Brasov is one of the most prestigious and still one of the most impressive buildings of the main square-and the entire historic center. In 1903 he was built by the young man. Friedrich Czell, a member of the wealthy Czell family.
14. Ruinele capelei Sf. Leonard
Tâmpa is a mountain, part of the Postăvarul Massif, located in the southern part of the Eastern Carpathians and almost entirely surrounded by the city of Brașov. Its elevation is 960 m, almost 400 m above the city.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.