Here you can find interesting sights in Rzeszów, Poland. Click on a marker on the map to view details about the sight. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 13 sights are available in Rzeszów, Poland.List of cities in Poland Sightseeing Tours in Rzeszów
1. Dom Polonii
Dom Polonia is a tenement house, located within the northern frontage of the Rzeszów Market Square. In front of the tenement house there is a characteristic lintel, which level significantly differs from the square plate. Under it are the oldest preserved traces of brick architecture in Rzeszów, namely, cellars, dating from the fifteenth century. The present shape of the tenement house gained after reconstructions carried out at the beginning of the twentieth century and after the war. Three neighboring tenement houses were demolished, creating the so-called "Aries hole", which is currently being built-up. The interior of the tenement house was decorated with polychromes. In the staircase is depicted a fragment of hunting, dating from the nineteenth century. Below was an illusory rustication. The building is owned by the Polish Community, on the ground floor there are shops, on the upper floors a hotel.
2. Tablica pamiątkowa w miejscu kirkutu
The old Jewish cemetery in Rzeszów was founded in the seventeenth century and was located on the site of the current square on the Ghetto Victims Square. Currently, it is crossed by Sobieskiego Street. This place is commemorated with a basalt boulder and a granite plaque with an appropriate inscription in Hebrew and Polish: "In this place there is a sixteenth-century Jewish cemetery destroyed during the Second World War by the Nazi occupier. In the summer of 1942, Jews were gathered here before being deported to extermination camps." The cemetery was destroyed in 1942. Several tombstones have been preserved from the cemetery.
3. cmentarz żydowski
Jewish cemetery in Czekaj in Rzeszów sometimes also The New Jewish Cemetery in Rzeszów – a Jewish cemetery located in Rzeszów at Aleja Rejtana was founded in 1849. It has an area of 2.5 ha and can be distinguished between the older and newer parts. The cemetery was completely devastated during World War II. Numerous tombstones were used to pave Asnyk, Chopina and other streets, as well as the market square in Tyczyn. 754 tombstones have survived, mostly broken (lying). The oldest preserved matzevah dates back to 1851.
4. Muzeum Diecezjalne w Rzeszowie
The Diocesan Museum is an ecclesiastical institution founded in 1997 by Bishop Kazimierz Górny. The museum was officially opened on September 22, 1998 on the occasion of the European Days of Cultural Heritage in Rzeszów. The collections are works of sacred art that have fallen out of use, however, due to the age of the diocese, most of the exhibits from its area are in the museums of Przemyśl and Tarnów. For the first 17 years it was managed by Fr. Franciszek Dziedzic.
5. Podziemna trasa turystyczna
Underground tourist route "Rzeszów Piwnice" in Rzeszów - a team of former municipal basements connected to the tourist tour, located in Rzeszów, under the Old Town Market Square. The entrance to the underground is located at the Rzeszów town hall, while the exit - at Market Square 12. Currently, the route manager is the Municipal Board of Residential Buildings in Rzeszów. The route length is 396 meters.
6. Letni Pałac Lubomirskich
Summer Palace of the Lubomirski family in Rzeszów – a historic, late baroque residence with elements of rococo, located at Aleja Lubomirskich in Rzeszów, near the castle. It was established in the 90s of the seventeenth century on the site of the former vineyard of Mikołaj Spytek Ligęza, as part of a larger complex, which aimed to create a large garden complex around the residence in the castle.
7. Muzeum Dobranocek ze Zbiorów Wojciecha Jamy
The Goodnight Museum in Rzeszov is located in the city center, close to the Rzeszov market. The museum was established on January 29, 2008 by resolution of the Municipal Council. It shows the collection of Wojcieh Jaja. The collection of the "Good Night Museum" was handed over to the city by notarization on January 24, 2008. The Good Night Museum officially opened on March 22, 2009.
8. Kościół pw. Matki Boskiej Królowej Polski
Garrison Church of Our Lady Queen Polish – the church is located in the center of Rzeszów. It belongs to both the diocese of Rzeszów and the military ordinariate of the Polish Army, because the church is a temple of a civil-military parish. The building is protected by law, has the status of a monument.
9. Kościół pw. Opatrzności Bożej
Church of Divine Providence in Rzeszów, owned by the Salesians of Rzeszów – the church at Witolda Świadka Street in the center of Os. New town. The Salesian Center in Rzeszów includes: the Church of Divine Providence, the Oratory of St. John Bosco, the football field "Salos".
10. Cmentarz Pobitno
The graveyard of Rzeszov, on the right bank of Wiswok, is a graveyard of Rzeszov, on the east side of Rzeszov. It is adjacent to the burgeoning North Reshova Loop and Lwowska Street, near the Pobitno roundabout. The cemetery has the status of a legal monument.
11. Muzeum Energetyki
The Museum of Subcarpathian Power Engineering in Rzeszów is a museum located in Rzeszów, Poland. The facility is run by PGE Obrót Sp. z o.o. and its registered office is the company's premises at 6 8 Marca Street.
12. Pomnik Czynu Rewolucyjnego
Monument to the Revolutionary Act or Monument to Revolutionary Struggles – a monument located in the very center of Rzeszów at the intersection of Łukasza Ciepliński Avenue and Józef Piłsudskiego Avenue.
13. Kościół pw. Świętej Trójcy
Church of the Holy Trinity – a church in Rzeszów, currently located in the city center at Targowa Street. The seat of the Greek Catholic parish of the Dormition of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Rzeszów.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.