Here you can book tickets, guided tours and other activities in Gdansk:Tickets and guided tours on Viator*
Guided Free Walking Tours
Here you can book free guided walking tours in Gdansk:Guided Free Walking Tours on GuruWalk*
Explore interesting sights in Gdansk, Poland. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 28 sights are available in Gdansk, Poland.List of cities in Poland Sightseeing Tours in Gdansk
1. The Romanesque Cellar
Gdansk Dominican Monastery Restaurant is a Romanesque restaurant discovered in 2005 and was once part of Dominican Monastery. It is the oldest existing Kubatur in Gdansk, covering an area of 52 meters. It is located in the main city, under Dominican Square, St. Santa Claus and the market hall. It was formed in the mid-13th century or the third quarter. Much of the room remains intact, although the building has been rebuilt several times. The target is located at a very low bottom, about. Buried 1 meter underground. The restaurant features a unique vault design with four oval vault areas supported by paneling and central struts. It's completely underground. It was originally planned to re-fill the soil, but with the opposition of conservation circles and cultural relics lovers and the intervention of the Ministry of Culture, the building was handed over to the Archaeological Museum, which cost 5 million zlotys for restoration.
2. Kościół pw. Świętej Trójcy
Church of the Holy Trinity in Gdańsk – a late Gothic temple erected for Franciscans imprisoned in 1419 in the Old Suburb (Lastadia), the southern part of historical Gdańsk. The church is part of the former monastery complex of the Friars Minor Conventual, which includes the chapel of St. Anne, a half-timbered house and the monastery buildings with a cloister adjacent to the church from the south. After the Reformation in 1522, the Gdańsk Academic Gymnasium and library were established here. After 1872 it was the seat of the Municipal Museum, now a branch of the National Museum. A valuable work of late gothic brick architecture, with characteristic stepped gables of the façade of the nave and presbytery and small turrets contrasting with the massive body of the church.
3. Pomnik Obrońców Poczty Polskiej
Monument to the Defenders of the Polish Post – a monument in honor of the participants of the defense of the Polish Post Office on 1 September 1939 in Gdańsk, designed by Krystyna Hajdo-Kućma and Wincenty Kućma, unveiled on 1 September 1979 at the Defenders of the Polish Post Square in the city center of Gdańsk. It was funded by the Polish Post. The monument depicts a dying postman, to whom the goddess of victory Nike hands a rifle, and letters spill out of an open mail bag. The figures are integrated into stylized sea waves topped with doves of peace.
4. Pomnik Poległych Stoczniowców 1970
The Monument to the fallen Shipyard Workers 1970 was unveiled on 16 December 1980 near the entrance to what was then the Lenin Shipyard in Gdańsk, Poland. It commemorates the 42 or more people killed during the Coastal cities events in December 1970. It was created in the aftermath of the Gdańsk Agreement and is the first monument to the victims of communist oppression to be erected in a communist country. It was designed by: Bogdan Pietruszka, Wiesław Szyślak, Wojciech Mokwiński and Jacek Krenz.
5. Gdansk main train station
Gdańsk Główny is the chief railway station serving the city of Gdańsk, in the Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland. The station opened in 1900 and is located on the Warsaw–Gdańsk railway, Gdańsk–Stargard railway, the parallel Gdańsk Śródmieście–Rumia railway, Gdańsk Główny–Gdańsk Zaspa Towarowa railway and Gdańsk Główny–Gdańsk Nowy Port railway. The train services are operated by PKP, Polregio and SKM Tricity. Koleje Mazowieckie trains operate here during the summer.
6. Kościół pw. Świętych Apostołów Piotra i Pawła
Church of St. Peter and Paul – a church in Gdańsk, at Żabi Kruk Street. It is a historical parish church of the Old Suburbs. It belongs to the group of the largest Gothic churches in Gdańsk. In the years 1590-1945 it was the main church of the Gdańsk Reformed Evangelicals. Services were held here in Polish, English, French and German. In 1958, by virtue of the decision of the authorities of the Polish People's Republic, it was handed over to Roman and Armenian Catholics.
7. Kościół pw. Świętego Józefa
St. Yue Se Church in Gdansk is a provost church in St. Gdansk parish. Brigid of the Archdiocese of Gdansk. The church is adjacent to the chapel, where the holiest sacraments are held all day, during which the sacraments of reconciliation can also be enjoyed. It was one of the few Roman Catholic churches in Gdansk during the Reformation. In the time of the Carmeites, the church carried the call of the Virgin Snowflake and the divine founders Elijah and Elisha.
8. Abbot's Palace
The Abbots' Palace in Oliwa is a rococo palace in Oliwa, a quarter of Gdańsk (Danzig). The first portion of the palace, the "Old Palace" was constructed in the 15th century. Later, in the first half of the sixteen hundreds a "New Palace" was added, which served as the residency of the then abbot of the Cistercians, Jan Grabiński. The final additions to the palace were made between 1754 and 1756, and were funded by another Cistercian abbot, Jacek Rybiński.
9. St Mary’s Church
St. Mary's Church, or formally the Basilica of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, is a Brick Gothic Catholic church located in central Gdańsk, Poland. With its volume between 185,000 m3 and 190,000 m3 it is currently one of the two or three largest brick churches in the world. Only San Petronio Basilica in Bologna, comprising 258,000 m3 is larger, Munich Frauenkirche and Ulm Minster also comprise 185,000 to 190,000 m3.
10. Narodowe Muzeum Morskie
The National Maritime Museum in Gdańsk is a maritime museum in Gdańsk, Poland, established on 1 January 1962. It is dedicated to gathering, researching and preserving artifacts and documents concerning ship transport, international trade, fishing and culture of people working at sea, rivers and those ashore – as well as the dissemination of knowledge on maritime history of Poland and its economy through the ages.
11. Muzeum Archidiecezjalne w Gdańsku
The Archdiocesan Museum in Gdańsk – a museum in Gdańsk–Oliwa existing since 1975. It is located inside the former Cistercian monastery, since 1957 used by the Gdańsk Seminary. In the summer season, the most valuable historic part of the monastery is made available, dating from the end of the thirteenth century, from the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries, once covered by a complete enclosure.
12. Tym co za polskość Gdańska
Gdansk Polish Monument, a monument commemorating the Polish dead in Gdansk from the Gdansk Massacre in 1308 to the end of World War II, was unveiled on December 28, 1969 in the ancient city street square. The monument was built in the shape of a concrete block decorated with relief, based on the idea of Lorenzo Samp and Veslav Petronia, symbolizing an axe stuck in the ground.
13. Ratusz Głównego Miasta
Gdańsk Main Town Hall is a historic Ratusz located in the Gdańsk Main City borough of Śródmieście. It is one of the finest examples of the Gothic-Renaissance historic buildings in the city, built at the intersection of Ulica Długa and Długi Targ, in the most popular part of Gdańsk. The Main Town Hall in Gdańsk houses the History Museum of the City of Gdańsk.
14. SS Sołdek
SS Sołdek is a retired Polish coal and ore freighter. She was the first ship built in Gdańsk (Poland) after World War II and the first seagoing ship completed in Poland. She was the first of 29 ships classed as Project B30, built between 1949 and 1954 in Stocznia Gdańska. The name was given in honour of Stanisław Sołdek, one of the shipyard's shock workers.
15. Wzgórze Pachołek
Pachołek Hill – a hill in the area of Gdańsk district of Oliwa. Also called Mount Pachołek, and in German initially Pacholkenberg, and from 1797 to 1945. Carlsberg or Karlsberg. It is located in the Oliwa Forests complex on the edge of the Tri-City Landscape Park and on the tourist trail Kartuski and the Skarszewski trail.
16. Bastion św. Gertrudy
St. Gertrude Bastion – a bastion of the New Italian type, built in the years 1607–1638 in Gdańsk, the only one preserved in its original shape and the last of the western fortifications. One of the fourteen similar bastions that fortified the city in the seventeenth century, located in the Old Suburb near the Lower Town.
17. Historyczna Brama Nr 2 Stoczni Gdańskiej
The Gate No 2 of the Gdańsk Shipyard is one of the gates leading into Gdańsk Shipyard. Because of the gate's proximity to the Shipyard's management buildings as well as its good access to Gdańsk Main City and Gdańsk Główny railway station, the Gate is commonly considered to be the main entrance to the Shipyard.
18. Pomnik Ofiarom Stanu Wojennego
State of War Memorial-A statue at the cancer market in Gdansk commemorates Anthony Braucik, who died in Poland's first state of war. The monument was created by Gdansk sculptor Gennady Jershov, president of the Youth Combat Federation Association and founder of photojournalist Robert Kwirotek.
19. Baszta Jacek
Jacek Tower – a historic tower within the medieval fortifications of the Main Town in Gdańsk, built around 1400. The highest of the medieval Gdańsk towers. It is located at Pańska Street, near Podwale Staromiejski and Targ Drzewny. The neighboring tower is the Tower on the Foundation.
20. Szaniec Jezuicki
The Jesuit Sconce (Jesuit Fort) is a historic trapezoidal fort in Gdańsk, Poland. It was founded by the Prussians on the edge of the plateau, in a place towering over the Old Scots, at Kolonia Anielinki Street. Since 1968, the sconce has been entered in the register of monuments.
21. Pomnik Świętopełka Wielkiego
Monument to Świętopełk the Great in Gdańsk – a bronze monument depicting Świętopełk II the Great, Duke of Gdańsk in the years 1227–1266. It is located in Gdańsk, on the square between Szeroka, Grobla II, Świętojańska and Złotników streets.
22. Solidarity Museum (European Solidarity Centre)
The European Solidarity Centre is a museum and library in Gdańsk, Poland, devoted to the history of Solidarity, the Polish trade union and civil resistance movement, and other opposition movements of Communist Eastern Europe. It opened on 31 August 2014.
23. Gdański Ogród Zoologiczny
The Gdańsk Zoo is a zoological garden located in Gdańsk, Pomeranian Voivodship, Poland. It was opened in the district of Oliwa in 1954 and covers 123,76 hectares, which makes it the largest zoological garden in Poland in terms of area.
24. Wieża Więzienna
Prison Tower – was built as an element of the medieval fortification of the Main Town in Gdańsk. Together with the Torture Chamber and the so-called neck connecting them, it forms the foregate complex (barbican) of Długa Street.
25. Kościół pw. Świętej Elżbiety
Church of St. Elizabeth in Gdańsk – a historic rector's church, located within the boundaries of the parish of St. Bridget of the Archdiocese of Gdańsk. In the years 1622-1820 it was the second temple of Gdańsk Calvinists.
26. Baszta Pod Zrębem
The Tower under the Framework, also known as the Trump Tower – a historic late Gothic tower located in the Old Suburb of Gdańsk, near Motława, preserved in ruin. The neighboring tower is the White Tower.
27. Music Academy in Gdańsk
Conservatory of Music. Stanislawa Moniuski in Gdansk is the Conservatory of Music in Gdansk, Poland. The College is under the responsibility and supervision of the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage.
28. Jan III Sobieski
King John III Sobieski Monument in Gdańsk is an equestrian statue of the King of Poland John III Sobieski (1629-1696). Originally built in Lviv in 1898, the monument was transferred to Gdańsk in 1965.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.