48 Sights in Bergen, Norway (with Map and Images)
Here you can book tickets, guided tours and other activities in Bergen:Tickets and guided tours on Viator*
Explore interesting sights in Bergen, Norway. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 48 sights are available in Bergen, Norway.List of cities in Norway Sightseeing Tours in Bergen
1. TreetBook Ticket*
The tree is barley in the rocks and is located in the immediate vicinity of the Puddesfosds Bridge. The building is designed to be made of wood, with pasted wooden beams as the outer skeleton and inner skeleton, and has 14 floors above the base in concrete, including, among other things, parking and technical master devices. The rock and surrounding residential building floors are built by the builder, while the architectural company's artic project floor a marks the construction.
2. St Mary's ChurchBook Ticket*
St Mary's Church is a parish church of the Church of Norway in Bergen Municipality in Vestland county, Norway. It is located in the Bryggen area in the central part of the city of Bergen. It is one of the churches for the Bergen Cathedral parish which is part of the Bergen domprosti (arch-deanery) in the Diocese of Bjørgvin. The large, gray stone church was built in a long church design using plans drawn up by an unknown architect. The church seats about 240 people. The construction of the church is believed to have started in the 1130s or 1140s and completed around 1180, making this church the oldest remaining building in the whole city of Bergen. There have been a few fires that burned the church, as well as several renovations and reconstructions, most recently in 2013.
3. Bryggen Hanseatic WharfBook Ticket*
Bryggen, also known as Tyskebryggen, is a series of Hanseatic heritage commercial buildings lining up the eastern side of the Vågen harbour in the city of Bergen, Norway. Bryggen has been on the UNESCO list for World Cultural Heritage sites since 1979.
The stone tablet is the name of the monument erected by durian, a memorial stone commemorated by Norway and Iceland; In the Castle of 1220, the most famous is the Icelandic poet and chieftain who wrote Hemsclera, the sign in the Castle, in the 1220s. The monument is eight meters high and eight watts in granite. It was unveiled by the Yellow-breasted Grove, who was Minister of Culture in Queen Wickham's second government, 23. In September 1941, at the celebration of the 700th anniversary of the death of String Express Company. The monument was demolished during liberation after World War II. That's not clear, what happened to Botana. On July 20, 1947, a memorial above the bow was unveiled on the ice of Wrekholt, a site that lasted from 1206 until its killing in 1241. The monument, made up of sculptures designed in 1938 by Norwegian sculptor Gustav Vigeland, is believed to be a gift to the 700-year mark of the northerner's death. In 1948, a replica of the monument was erected on the square of the Cannabis Church in the Rock. At the dregs dock at the entrance of the dock museum, spectators were moved to the public of dregs. The vice-state's snake statue is 2.54 meters high and stands on a pedestal about three meters high. There are inscriptions on the pedestal, such as "Tailless Tour", "1178", "1241" and "Norwegian Travel".
5. Motehuset Sundt
Sundt's department store is located in Torgallmenningen 14 in the city centre of Bergen. The building was designed by the architect Per Grieg, and the department store opened on 18 July 1938. 50 years later, in 1988, the building was protected, as a result of the cultural monument being threatened by extensions in height. What is preserved by the original interior is also included in the preservation. Sundt department store is considered one of the main works of functionalism in Norway. In 1961, the architect was awarded the Houen Foundation's diploma for the building. The building is currently owned by DNB Næringseiendom AS. In the period 2022-2024, the entire building will be renovated.
6. The blue stone
The Blue Stone is a monument in the city of Bergen, Norway. The stone is nine meters long, and made of Brazilian sodalite. It is resting on a stone block, which gives it a characteristic inclination towards the northeast. The entire sculpture is placed on a larger foundation along with a smaller gray square stone sculpture that appears as a cover to an opening at the end of the foundation. It is considered a typical meeting point for the locals. In 2007 the rock was covered with pink plastic as a part of a marketing stunt, and after the 2011 Norway attacks it was used as a memorial site and covered with flowers.
Holy Cross Church is a special parish church in Bergen municipality in Vestland county, Norway. It is situated in the centre of the city of Bergen, just east of the head of the Vågen bay. The church is located at the intersection of the streets Kong Oscars gate and Nedre Korskirkeallmenning. It is one of the churches for the Bergen domprosti parish which is part of the Bergen domprosti (arch-deanery) in the Diocese of Bjørgvin. The large stone church was built in a cruciform design around the year 1150 using plans drawn up by an unknown architect. The church seats about 600 people.
Christiestøtten is a statue of the President of the Storting and Eidsvoll man Wilhelm Frimann Koren Christie (1778–1849) at the Museum Square in front of Bergen Museum's natural history collections in Bergen. From here, he looks out over Christie's Street, the street that bears his name through the city center, reminding us to follow the Constitution. The cloak hanging over his shoulder, boots and scrolls are reminiscent of Roman-era statues, and express artist Christopher Borch's ambition to highlight the historical significance of Christie's efforts for Norway.
Meat-based insects are located in vetrvidespassinge2 in rocks. The city's bazar, originally known as Architecture, was drawn by the city's conductors and architect Conrad Friedvonder Lip and listed in the Neo-Romanesque Style 18741876. Art historian every jahnlavik calls its style "the revival of Florentine kidney". Vonder Lip also draws two important flanking buildings on the meat base, vetrlidsalmanning 1 and the brick of the Glove Museum. The meat base was built to control the square trade and turnover of food, while taking into account cheating and hygiene.
Hagerupgården or Stiftsgården is located at Rådstuplass 9 in Bergen. The building is a Baroque palace designed after the city fire of May 19, 1702. The building is attributed to architect Johan Conrad Ernst and the house's drawings were submitted to the zoning commission before May 20, 1703, the year after the city fire. Master mason Hans Martin Heintz was the executing builder for the construction of the farm in 1704–1705. Responsible for the sandstone detailing were three Italian stonemasons named Giovanni Maria Fontana, Charles Fera and Gallias Qvadrat.
11. St. Markus kirke
St. Mark's Church is a parish church of the Church of Norway in Bergen Municipality in Vestland county, Norway. It is located in the Løvstakksiden neighborhood in the borough of Årstad in the city of Bergen. It is one of the two churches for the Løvstakksiden parish which is part of the Bergensdalen prosti (deanery) in the Diocese of Bjørgvin. The white, plastered brick church was built in a long church design and in an art deco style in 1939 using plans drawn up by the architects Sverre Losnedahl and Nicolay Brøndmo. The church seats about 650 people.
12. St. John's Church
St. John's Church is a parish church of the Church of Norway in Bergen Municipality in Vestland county, Norway. It is located in the Sydnes area of the city of Bergen. It is one of the five churches for the Bergen Cathedral parish which is part of the Bergen domprosti (arch-deanery) in the Diocese of Bjørgvin. The red brick church was built in a cruciform design between 1891 and 1894 in the Gothic Revival style. The architect was Herman Backer. The church seats about 1250 people, making it the largest church in Bergen. It was consecrated on 15 March 1894.
13. Maritime Museum
Rock Maritime Museum was established 13. In April 1921, it was officially opened. February 1927. In 1962, the museum moved into its own buildings painted by architects. It has a monumental Romanesque style with powerful stone walls. The showroom is built around an internal atrium, and glass walls are connected to make it bright and prosperous. The exhibits cover the whole history of navigation from the oldest times to our time. Here are several unique objects and an extensive collection of models of known ships. Museums are also used as company venues.
14. Grand Hotel Terminus
The Grand Hotel terminal is a hotel at 6 Zandecakis Street in the rocks, just at the city's railway station. Hotels are part of the "rocks" of the hotel family. The neoclassical hotel was painted by architects arnons of Freedom and carbo of darre of arthur. It opens on Friday 20. In April 1928, he participated as a representative hotel in the rural exhibition held in Bergen. The hotel then held 115 guest events with 150 beds, bathrooms and showers. There are 25 servants' bedrooms in the attic floor. The restaurant accommodates 200 guests.
15. Fløibanen, nedre stasjon;Fløibanen
The Fløibanen is a funicular railway in the Norwegian city of Bergen. It connects the city centre with the mountain of Fløyen, with its mountain walks and magnificent views of the city. It is one of Bergen's major tourist attractions and one of Norway's most visited attractions. The line is 844 m (2,769 ft) long, covers a height difference of 302 m (991 ft), and carries over one million passengers a year. The line is owned by Fløibanen AS, a company with a number of shareholders, the biggest being the municipality of Bergen.
16. Bergen Court House
The courthouse in Bergen is located at Tårnplass 2 in Bergen in Hordaland, on the corner towards Christian Michelsens gate. The courthouse was designed by Bergen architect Egill Reimers in 1928 and was completed in 1933. His award-winning draft had the motto "Respect for the Law." The building has a total of 12,000 sqm spread over six floors, plus basement and attic. The house has 25 courtrooms and currently houses Hordaland District Court. Until the autumn of 2011, Gulating Court of Appeal was also located in the courthouse.
17. West Norway Museum of Decorative Art
The permanent, formerly Code 1 and the Western National Gallery, is an art gallery in the Rock Center. The museum is part of the Coding Art Museum and the Composer's Home. It was founded in 1887 at the initiative of John Boog. Booger was the curator of the museum until 1931. In 1896, the museum moved into the "Permanent Exhibition Building". The permanent is a Renaissance monument building painted by architect Henry Bertram Boucher (1864-1944). The building insisted on joining the rock fire in 1916, but was rescued.
18. Landås kirke
Landås Church is a parish church of the Church of Norway in Bergen Municipality in Vestland county, Norway. It is located in the Landås neighborhood in the Årstad borough of the city of Bergen. It is the church for the Landås parish which is part of the Bergensdalen prosti (deanery) in the Diocese of Bjørgvin. The white, concrete church was built in a fan-shaped design with a very modern style in 1966 using plans drawn up by the architect Ola Kielland-Lund. The church seats about 600 people.
19. St. Jørgen hospitalkirke
St George's Church, Bergen is a historic church of the Church of Norway in Bergen Municipality in Vestland county, Norway. This is also the site of the Leprosy Museum. Although it is no longer regularly used, it is one of the churches in the Bergen domprosti parish which is part of the Bergen domprosti (arch-deanery) in the Diocese of Bjørgvin. The green, wooden church was built in a cruciform design in 1706 using plans drawn up by an unknown architect. The church seats about 125 people.
20. Storetveit kirke
Storetveit Church is a parish church of the Church of Norway in Bergen Municipality in Vestland county, Norway. It is located in the Fjøsanger neighborhood in Årstad borough in the city of Bergen. It is the church for the Storetveit parish which is part of the Bergensdalen prosti (deanery) in the Diocese of Bjørgvin. The large, stone church was built in a long church design in 1930 using plans drawn up by the architect Ole Landmark. The church seats about 600 people.
21. Årstad kirke
Årstad Church is a parish church of the Church of Norway in Bergen Municipality in Vestland county, Norway. It is located in the Årstad neighborhood in the city of Bergen. It is the church for the Årstad parish which is part of the Bergensdalen prosti (deanery) in the Diocese of Bjørgvin. The large, stone church was built in a cruciform design and a Neo-Gothic style in 1890 using plans drawn up by the architect Christian Christie. The church seats about 560 people.
22. Fridalen kirke
Fridalen Church is a parish church of the Church of Norway in Bergen Municipality in Vestland county, Norway. It is located in the Fridalen neighborhood in the borough of Årstad in the city of Bergen. It is the church for the Fridalen parish which is part of the Bergensdalen prosti (deanery) in the Diocese of Bjørgvin. The white, stone church was built in a rectangular style in 1937 using designs by the architect Peter Andersen. The church seats about 450 people.
23. St. Jakob kirke
Saint James's Church is a special parish church in Bergen municipality in Vestland county, Norway. It is located in the Nygård area of the city of Bergen. The church is part of Bergen Cathedral parish in the Bergen domprosti (arch-deanery) in the Diocese of Bjørgvin. The white, plastered brick church was built in a long church design in 1921 using plans drawn up by the architect Daniel Muri. The church, which seats about 550 people, was consecrated on 5 May 1921.
24. Old Bergen
Gamle Bergen Museum is an open-air museum located in the district of Ytre Sandviken. It is built around the old pleasure place Elsesro. The museum was opened in 1949 and is now part of Bergen City Museum. The open-air museum has buildings from the 1700s and 1800s that have been moved from different areas of Bergen to this area. The buildings consist mainly of one- and two-storey log houses with table cladding and a headstone roof.
The Urdi House is a manor house in the Gyldenpris neighborhood just outside downtown Bergen, Norway. It is located at Michael Krohn Street no. 62. The house is a prime example of late Empire style architecture. The architect that designed the house is uncertain, but it has been attributed to the town surveyor Ole Peter Riis Høegh, who was active in the town between 1834 and 1848. The Urdi House received protected status in 1927.
26. Bergen domkirke
Bergen Cathedral is a cathedral in the city of Bergen in Vestland county, Norway. It is the episcopal seat of the Diocese of Bjørgvin as well as the seat of the "Bergen domkirke" parish and the seat of the Bergen domprosti (arch-deanery). It is part of the Church of Norway. The first recorded historical reference to this church is dated 1181. It retains its ancient dedication to Saint Olaf. The cathedral seats about 900 people.
The tram hall is located in Thormøhlensgate 23 in the district of Møhlenpris in Bergen. The tram hall is owned by Bergen Municipality and is used today by the Bergen Technical Museum. The plant consists of a number of different buildings. The main buildings are the tram hall, the garage building and the Omnibus workshop. The nearest neighbor is the tram town, which is housing for the trambling officials.
28. Bergen Kunsthall
Bergen Kunsthall is an art gallery at Lille Lungegårdsvann in the centre of Bergen that produces exhibitions of target pieces, art installations osb., is responsible for presentation, dissemination and hall of contemporary art, and provides consultancy assistance. The art exhibition during the annual music festival play in Bergen, the Bergen International Festival Exhibition, hosted at Bergen Kunsthall.
29. H. M. Pinnsvinet
Hans Majestet Pinnsvinet, or Erinaceus europaeus minor, Rex et Inspirator, is the high protector of Studentersamfunnet i Bergen. The Majesty appeared in 1935, one year after the Student Society was founded. To appoint an animal as protector is a tradition in Norwegian student organisations, dating back too 1859 when Norwegian Students' Society in Oslo selected a pig as their highest protector.
30. Social Science Library
The University Library of Bergen was officially established in 1948, but is a continuation of Bergen Museum's library, which was founded at the same time as the museum itself by diocesan collector Wilhelm Frimann Koren Christie in 1825. The University Library is a public scientific library. The library is part of the total academic and educational offer at the University of Bergen.
Wikipedia: Universitetsbiblioteket i Bergen (NO), Website En
Sandviksfjellet is a mountain in the city of Bergen in Vestland county, Norway. It is one of the traditional seven mountains that surround the city centre of Bergen. The mountain lies on the east side of the city neighborhood of Sandviken, just north of the mountain Fløyen. The European route E39 highway runs through the mountain as part of the Fløyfjell Tunnel.
32. Mon Plaisir
Mon Plaisir is a gazebo pavilion in Fjellveien, north of Mulelven, in Sandviken in Bergen. As part of the park facility for christinegård, the pavilion was built by Michael D. Prahl around 1836. The wooden building is shaped like a small Roman temple with Ionic columns. The French text "MON PLAISIR" is painted on the frieze of the temple front and means my joy.
The Nordnes Park is a public park in the municipality of Bergen in Vestland county, Norway. The park is located near the centre of the city of Bergen on the northwestern end of the Nordnes peninsula. It was established in 1888-1898 after an initiative from Edvard G. Johannessen in Det nyttige Selskab. The park covers about 32.7 decares of land.
34. Theta museum
The Theta Museum is a museum in Bergen, Norway. It is a one-room museum in a room that was used by the Norwegian resistance group known as the Theta group to send radio messages to England under the Nazi German occupation during World War II. The room was opened to the public in 1982, and is the smallest museum in Norway.
35. Siljustøl museum
Harald Sigurd Johan Sæverud was a Norwegian composer. He is most known for his music to Henrik Ibsen's Peer Gynt, Rondo Amoroso, and the Ballad of Revolt. Sæverud wrote nine symphonies and a large number of pieces for solo piano. He was a frequent guest conductor of his own works with the Bergen Philharmonic Orchestra.
36. Skur 11
Shed 11 is an 8 × 30 m building located on a pier in rock. The shed was put on the market by Bergen Port Shipping in 1905-1906 after drawings by John. Meyer. The shed has a simple steel structure and is paved with green wallboard. The building has eight granite pillars, which were originally decorated with wrought iron.
37. Bergen Offentlige Bibliotek
Bergen Public Library is a library building and public library institution in Bergen, Norway. Founded in 1872, it is the second largest public library in Norway. In addition to the main building in Bergen's city centre, Bergen Public Library operates nine branch offices and the library service in Bergen's two prisons.
38. Bergen Leprosy Museum
Lip Museum, st. The Bear Hospital is located at Markmark in the heart of the Rock and is currently operated by the City Museum, which is located in the Rock. In recent years, museums have been the object of increasing attention, and have been nominated for many national and international awards in recent years.
Nykirken is a parish church of the Church of Norway in Bergen Municipality in Vestland county, Norway. It is located in the Nordnes area of the city of Bergen. It is one of the churches for the Bergen Cathedral parish which is part of the Bergen domprosti (arch-deanery) in the Diocese of Bjørgvin.
The gallery is located in the shopping center of Rock Central Square. The center is open at number 12. November, 1988 & It is one of the largest shopping centers in downtown Bergen. The centre has 70 stores in most industries, spread over 7 floors. In 2018, the center was fully rehabilitated.
Manufakturhuset is located in Peter Motzfeldts gate 2 in Bergen. The house is considered the largest secular building in Bergen from the Baroque and the country's oldest "factory building". The building has served as a workhouse, forced labor facility, church, school and government offices.
42. Gerhard Armauer Hansen
Gerhard Henrik Armauer Hansen was a Norwegian physician, remembered for his identification of the bacterium Mycobacterium leprae in 1873 as the causative agent of leprosy. His distinguished work was recognized at the International Leprosy Congress held at Bergen in 1909.
43. Norges Fiskerimuseum
The Norwegian Fisheries Museum is a museum of fishing, capture and ocean use in rocks, which was established in 1880. The museum became hot until 1993 when the Fishery Museum was in the Rock, and after the museum reform, it became part of the museum in the west in 2005.
Bush meat is a science center about melhlenfest in the front workshop hall of mellem & karlsen Shipyard. The Science Center was formerly at the College of Rock, but in 2007 it moved to a new location. The center opened here on the 31st. May 2007.
45. Bergen Technical Museum
Bergen Technical Museum is a technical museum located at Møhlenpris in Bergen, Norway. It is owned and run by various local membership groups with each their own specialized collections, which is collectively displayed in an old tram depot.
46. Forum Scene
Forum cinema is a former cinema building on Danmarks plass, Fjøsangerveien 28 in Bergen. The building was designed by Ole Landmark in 1936 and was completed in 1946. It was the largest cinema in Bergen until it was closed down in 2005.
47. Solheim kapell
The Sun Elevator Chapel is located in the Sun Elevator burial ground of the Seasonal City Sun Elevator in the rocks. The chapel was listed in 1919 after the architect's cigar grove drawings, and was inaugurated 13 times. October 1920.
48. Roald Kniksen Jensen
Roald Jensen, nicknamed "Kniksen", was one of Norway's most celebrated football players. He played for SK Brann and Heart of Midlothian F. C. ("Hearts"). Knicksen is a local Bergen word meaning "juggler".
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.