Looking for premium sights?
Here you can book tickets, guided tours and other activities in Tilburg:Tickets and guided tours on GetYourGuide*
Here you can find interesting sights in Tilburg, Netherlands. Click on a marker on the map to view details about the sight. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 12 sights are available in Tilburg, Netherlands.List of cities in Netherlands Sightseeing Tours in Tilburg
1. Sint-Dionysius of Heikese Kerk
St. Dionysus Church is a Catholic church in Tilburg dedicated to St. Dionysus. In the mouth of the people, the church is called hoikese Church to avoid confusion with the church of the same name in the area. The name refers to the pastoral south of the center, where there is a shack that serves as the parish church, the precursor of today's church. Today's church building dates back to 1838 and is part of the parish, the Good Shepherd.
Kruikezeikers is the nickname that residents of Tilburg traditionally received from residents from surrounding places. During carnival, the people of Tilburg also call themselves Kruikezeikers or Kruiken, and the city is called Kruikenstad. In earlier times, Tilburg had many textile factories. Tilburg was also called "the wool city". The inhabitants saved urine in jars. This was bought up to be used later to wash the wool.
3. Paleis Willem II
The City Hall of Tilburg or Palace-Council House is a former royal palace and presently a part of Tilburg city hall in the Netherlands. Construction of the palace was commissioned by King William II of the Netherlands, who placed the cornerstone on 13 August 1847. The king wanted to have a country residence in Tilburg. He never lived in the palace as he died on 17 March 1849, just 22 days before completion of the palace.
The Indies Monument is a memorial in the Freedom Park in the Dutch city of Tilburg. It was made by architect and visual designer André M. Doevendans, himself also an Indies veteran, as a memorial to the sixty Tilburg soldiers who died in the East Dutch East Indies between 1945 and 1962. It was unveiled on 19 May 2001 by Mrs M. Spoor, widow of General Simon Spoor.
5. Draaiend huis
Revolving House is a work of art in Tilburg on the Hasselt roundabout. It is seen as one of the most remarkable realizations of roundabout art in the Netherlands. John Körmeling's artwork consists of a revolving house in the middle of the roundabout. The house turns around slowly. The house is 5 meters wide, 8.5 meters deep and 10 meters high.
6. Sint-Jozef of Heuvelse kerk
The Heuvelse kerk is a neo-Gothic Catholic church in the center of the Dutch city Tilburg. Dedicated to Saint Joseph, it is one of two major Catholic churches in the city center together with the Heikese kerk. It is located along the square Heuvel, after which it is named. A 1921 statue of the Sacred Heart is located in front of the building.
7. Sint-Antonius van Padua of Korvelsekerk
The sint dionysius and antonius of paduakerk officially became the churches of chants in Parduakerk, a church building located at korvelplein 182. She devoted herself to the Hadith of Padua and the patron saint of Tilburg, the dyonisius of heaven. The church now belongs to the southern parish.
8. Monument Koninklijke Nederlandse Brigade Prinses Irene
The Monument Royal Dutch Brigade Princess Irene or "The Standard Bearer" is a Dutch war memorial from 1955 in Tilburg. It commemorates the liberation of Tilburg and specifically the Princess Irene Brigade that fought in the liberation of Tilburg on 27 October 1944.
9. Gerardus Majellakerk
The Gerardus Majellakerk is a Roman Catholic church located in southern Tilburg along the Wassenaerlaan. It is dedicated to Gerard Majella, who became a saint in 1904, and has been part of the parish De Goede Herder since its inception in 2012.
10. Koning Willem II
The Willem II monument on the Hill in Tilburg represents King Willem II of the Netherlands. It was unveiled in The Hague in 1854, but sold in 1924 and transferred to Tilburg, where Willem lived part of his life.
11. Hasseltse Kapel
The Hasselt Chapel or Chapel Of Our Lady Visitation is a chapel in the Tilburg district and former herdgang Hasselt, which dates from just before 1536. The chapel is the oldest religious monument in Tilburg.
12. Mgr. W.M. Bekkers
Wilhelmus Marinus Bekkers was a Dutch Roman Catholic bishop. Bekkers became coadjutor and titular bishop of Thasos in 1957. He was bishop of the diocese of 's-Hertogenbosch from 27 June 1960 to 9 May 1966.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.