Book tickets, guided tours and activities in The Hague.
Guided Free Walking Tours
Book free guided walking tours in The Hague.
Explore interesting sights in The Hague, Netherlands. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 54 sights are available in The Hague, Netherlands.Sightseeing Tours in The Hague
1. Nieuwe KerkBook Ticket*
2. MadurodamBook Ticket*
Madurodam is a miniature park and tourist attraction in the Scheveningen district of The Hague in the Netherlands. It is home to a range of 1:25 scale model replicas of famous Dutch landmarks, historical cities and large developments. The park was opened in 1952 and has since been visited by tens of millions of visitors. The entirety of net proceeds from the park go towards various charities in the Netherlands.
The Mauritshuis is an art museum in The Hague, Netherlands. The museum houses the Royal Cabinet of Paintings which consists of 854 objects, mostly Dutch Golden Age paintings. The collection contains works by Johannes Vermeer, Rembrandt van Rijn, Jan Steen, Paulus Potter, Frans Hals, Jacob van Ruisdael, Hans Holbein the Younger, and others. Originally, the 17th-century building was the residence of count John Maurice of Nassau. It is now the property of the government of the Netherlands and is listed in the top 100 Dutch heritage sites.
4. Geünieerde Loge van Theosofen
The United Lodge of Theosophists or ULT is an informal and wholly voluntary association of students of Theosophy. It was founded in 1909, mainly through the efforts of Robert Crosbie. The first parent lodge of the ULT was started in Los Angeles by Robert Crosbie and seven other associates through the adoption of its Declaration on February 18, 1909. Owing largely to the revival efforts of B. P. Wadia after Crosbie's death, there are currently about twenty active lodges spread all over the world. The ULT is considered to be part of the second generation or the third section of the Theosophical Movement started in 1875 by H. P. Blavatsky in New York. Presently, it is also one of the existing four main "branches" of the original Theosophical Movement. The following founding principles when taken as a whole, sets apart the ULT from the other Theosophical Organizations:
5. Christian Science
Christian Science is a set of beliefs and practices which are associated with members of the Church of Christ, Scientist. Adherents are commonly known as Christian Scientists or students of Christian Science, and the church is sometimes informally known as the Christian Science church. It was founded in 19th-century New England by Mary Baker Eddy, who wrote the 1875 book Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, which outlined the theology of Christian Science. The book became Christian Science's central text, along with the Bible, and by 2001 had sold over nine million copies.
The Christian Community is an esoteric Christian denomination. It was founded in 1922 in Switzerland by a group of ecumenically oriented, mainly Lutheran theologians and ministers led by liberal theologian Friedrich Rittelmeyer, who had been the most prominent representative of liberal Lutheranism in Germany during the First World War and whose early theological work had focused on the concept of a socially engaged "Christianity of deeds" (Tatchristentum). Rittelmeyer and the other founders were inspired by Rudolf Steiner, the Austrian philosopher and founder of anthroposophy.
7. Ine Planet
Museon is a museum for science and culture in The Hague, Netherlands, with a strong focus on education. It regularly presents exhibitions on a range of topics related to the environment, geography or cultural identity. It has an extensive collections in the domains of geology, biology, archaeology, history, science and ethnology. The name Museon is a shortening of the museum's original extended Dutch name - Museum ten bate van het Onderwijs. Since 2022, the museum has been merged with the nearby cinema Omniversum, and goes by the name Museon-Omniversum: One Planet
The Laakmolen is a polder mill in the current The Hague (Laakkwartier) located on the Haagse Vliet on the corner of the Laakkade and the Trekweg. The Laakmolen, an 8-sided ground sailer, dates from 1699 and is partly built on the foundations of an earlier mill. The mill was built on behalf of the Hoogheemraadschap Delfland and, together with the Broekslootmolen or Nieuwe Molen, had to ensure that the water in the Noordpolder remained at the desired height. The water was ground from the water de Laak into the bosom. The Haagse Vliet was the bosom water.
9. Van Karnebeekbron
The Van Karnebeek spring is a sandstone monument that commemorates the Carnegie Foundation and the opening of the Peace Palace in The Hague on August 28, 1913. It is a bench with fountain, stands on the corner of Scheveningseweg and Carnegielaan and consists of three parts. The curved middle part is higher than the two side parts and has a lion's head in the middle from which spring water comes. A frieze with text runs along its entire length. Willem C. Brouwer (1877-1933), founder of the factory Brouwer's Aardewerk NV (1915-1956), made the monument.
10. Kunstmuseum Den Haag
The Kunstmuseum Den Haag is an art museum in The Hague in the Netherlands, founded in 1866 as the Museum voor Moderne Kunst. Later, until 1998, it was known as Haags Gemeentemuseum, and until the end of September 2019 as Gemeentemuseum Den Haag. It has a collection of around 165,000 works, over many different forms of art. In particular, the Kunstmuseum is renowned for its large Mondrian collection, the largest in the world. Mondrian's last work, Victory Boogie-Woogie, is on display at the museum.
The Indies Monument is a memorial in The Hague in memory of all Dutch citizens and soldiers killed during World War II as a result of the Japanese occupation (1942–1945) of the former Dutch East Indies. It is dedicated to all who died in battle, in prison camps or during forced labor. As stated in the mission statement of the 15 August 1945 Commemoration Foundation, it is also:A place where you can pass on to your children the part of your childhood spent in the Dutch East Indies
12. De Korenaer
The wind grist mill De Korenaer, also called Molen Prins Maurits, was built in 1721 on a substructure from 1595 and is located at Margaretha van Hennebergweg 2a in the Loosduinen district of The Hague. There was already a mill on this spot in 1310. The current mill is a round stone scaffolding mill on a square stone base. The mill has two coupling grinding stones, each with a regulator for grinding grain. The millstones are artificial stones with a diameter of 140 cm.
13. Oorlogsmonument 'Leger en Vloot'
The Army and Fleet Memorial commemorates the Dutch troops who were mobilized at the beginning of the First World War and the victims who fell during the war. The monument is located on the boulevard in Scheveningen, just south of the Kurhaus, next to a staircase that goes from the boulevard to the Gevers Deynootplein. It was unveiled by Queen Wilhelmina on 20 September 1921. In 2018, the Army and Fleet Monument was dismantled and temporarily stored in a depot.
14. De Drie Stoepen
The Drie Stoepen is the joint name of three adjacent national monuments from the first half of the eighteenth century, in the center of The Hague. In addition to their original function as a residence, they would later serve as a museum, court, official residence, and (provisional) seat of the Permanent Court of Arbitration. The name dates back to the sixties of the twentieth century, when the buildings were used as a conference and entertainment center.
15. Galerij Prins Willem V
The Prince William V Gallery is an art gallery on the Buitenhof in The Hague that currently shares an entrance with the Gevangenpoort museum. It is a recreation of the original gallery Galerij Prins Willem V, once founded there by William V, Prince of Orange in 1774. The displayed paintings are part of the collection of the Mauritshuis. Amongst the paintings on display are works by Peter Paul Rubens, Jan Steen, Paulus Potter and Gerard van Honthorst.
16. Grote of Sint-Jacobskerk (The Hague)
The Great Church or St. James' Church is a landmark Protestant church in The Hague, Netherlands. The building is located on the Torenstraat, named for its high tower. Together with the Binnenhof, it is one of the oldest buildings in The Hague. Members of the House of Orange-Nassau have been baptised and married there. The latest are King Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands and his daughter and heir apparent Catharina-Amalia, Princess of Orange.
The Ridderzaal is the main building of the 13th-century inner square of the former castle of the counts of Holland called Binnenhof at the address Binnenhof 11 in The Hague, Netherlands. It is used for the annual state opening of Parliament on Prinsjesdag, when the Dutch monarch drives to Parliament in the Golden Coach and delivers the speech from the throne. It is also used for official royal receptions, and inter-parliamentary conferences.
18. Kerk van Eikenduinen
The Church of Eikenduinen, better known as the Ruin or Chapel of Eikenduinen, was a Roman Catholic church building located in the old dunes between Loosduinen and The Hague. It was founded by Count William II of Holland and gained fame through the presence of a special relic. Today, the remaining ruin, a national monument, is mainly associated with the cemetery that arose around the ruin over the centuries, Oud Eik en Duinen.
19. Oude Kerk
The Oude Kerk is located in the Keizerstraat, once one of the busiest shopping streets in Scheveningen, in the Dutch municipality of The Hague. The church is the oldest monument of the former fishing village. The Oude Kerk is a church of the Protestant municipality in Scheveningen and offers space to its District Municipality Oude Kerk and to the Restored Reformed Municipality Thabor Scheveningen.
20. Hertog Karel Bernhard van Saksen Weimar Eisenach
Prince Carl Bernhard of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach was a distinguished soldier, who, in 1815, after the congress of Vienna, became colonel of a regiment in the service of the king of the Netherlands. He fought at the Battle of Quatre Bras and the Battle of Waterloo where he commanded the 2nd Brigade of the 2nd Dutch Division and became a Chief Commander of the Royal Netherlands East Indies Army
21. Onze Lieve Vrouw Hemelvaartkerk
The Church of our Lady of the Assumption is a Roman Catholic church in Loosduinen, The Netherlands. The church belongs to the religious community of "Maria van Eik en Duinen", part of the parish Parish of the Four Evangelists. The church is located on the Loosduinse Hoofdstraat. A little further on, on the same side of the street, has been the Liberation Monument of The Hague since 1955.
22. Museum Meermanno
House of the Book is the oldest book museum in the world. It is located in the former home of the founder of the museum Willem Hendrik Jacob baron van Westreenen van Tiellandt (1783-1848) on the Prinsessegracht in The Hague and focuses on the written and printed book in all its forms, past and present. The development of the design of both old and modern books is central to this.
23. Scheveningse Bosjes
The Scheveningse Bosjes is an original dune area and now a park in the Scheveningen district. The park is bordered by the Scheveningseweg on the southwest side, the Kerkhoflaan on the southeast side and Madurodam on the north side. The Prof. B. M. Teldersweg cuts the forest in half from Madurodam to the Scheveningseweg. On the sea side there is a large pond, the Water feature.
24. Nieuwe Veenmolen
Nieuwe Veenmolen or Boschmolen is a polder mill of the ground sailer type in The Hague, Bezuidenhout. The mill from 1654 is located next to the railway line The Hague - Leiden and originally pumped the Veen- and Binckhorstpolder together with the older mill De Vlieger in Voorburg. The mill, which was originally built as an inner crawler, is equipped with an iron paddle wheel.
25. Eerste Kamer der Staten-Generaal
The Senate is the upper house of the States General, the legislature of the Netherlands. Its 75 members are elected on lists by the members of the twelve States-Provincial and four electoral colleges for the Senate every four years, within three months of the provincial elections. All provinces and colleges have different electoral weight depending on their population.
The Maranatha Church is a Dutch Reformed Church on the Tweede Sweelinckstraat in The Hague. The church was built in 1949 on a site that lay fallow due to demolition work for the Atlantic Wall, a defense of the Germans against possible Allied attacks in World War II. Maranata is an expression in the New Testament meaning "Our Lord, Come!"
27. Design Museum Dedel
The Design Museum Dedel is a museum that is located in the monumental building Huis Dedel at Prinsegracht 15 in The Hague. The museum makes thematic exhibitions where, among other things, posters from the collection of the former Poster Museum in Hoorn and objects from the collection of the ReclameArsenaal are shown.
28. Vrijmetselarij Museum
The Cultural Masonic Centre 'Prins Frederik' (CMC) in The Hague, in the Dutch province of South Holland, is a museum, archive and library of the Order of Freemasons under the Grand Orient of the Netherlands. The center manages the collection that the Dutch Freemasons have brought together over more than 250 years.
29. Franse Kerk
The French church in Voorburg was founded in 1726 by Huguenots. The church is located in the old center of the Dutch town of Voorburg, province of South Holland. There have been no French-speaking services since 1926; it is now in the hands of the Reformed Church Liberated. The building is a national monument.
30. Huygensmuseum Hofwijck
Hofwijck is a mansion built for 17th-century politician Constantijn Huygens. It is located in Voorburg on the Vliet canal from The Hague to Leiden. Formal address of the cultural heritage is 2 Westeinde, Voorburg, the Netherlands, but its location today is better known as the Voorburg railway station.
31. Heilige Antonius Abtkerk
The Antonius Abtkerk is a Roman Catholic church at the end of the Scheveningseweg in The Hague. The Antonius Abtkerk is a national monument, built in 1926-1927 by architect Joseph Cuypers and his son Pierre Cuypers Jr. in a business-expressionist style with a richly decorated Art Deco interior.
The Westbroekpark is a park and district with an area of 18 hectares, which is located in The Hague, between Madurodam and Scheveningen. It lies on the grounds of an old hamlet, which was called Wittebrug. The Westbroekpark is with the Belgian Park one of the protected cityscapes of The Hague.
33. Museum Bredius
Museum Bredius is a museum named after Abraham Bredius on the Lange Vijverberg in The Hague. It is remarkable for its collection of etchings and paintings, but is most attractive to visitors for its accurate restoration of the 18th-century Herenhuis interior with period furnishings.
KM21 is a museum for contemporary visual art in The Hague in the Netherlands. The museum was established in 2002 as part of the Kunstmuseum Den Haag. In KM21 work by artists from The Hague, the Netherlands and international contemporaries can be admired at the same time.
35. Loosduins Museum De Korenschuur
The loosduins Museum in the Hague is a museum dedicated to the cultural heritage of the town of loosduinen, whose origins date from the 12th century, when a court was founded by the floris iii of Foland. loosduinen was an independent municipality from 1811 to 1923.
The Mauritspoort or Grenadierspoort is the eastern gateway to the Binnenhof in The Hague. The gate was built in 1634 together with the nearby Binnenpoort and at the time had a drawbridge over an inner canal. The pulley holes are still visible on the outside.
37. Landgoed Duinweide
Duinweide was a country estate in The Hague, located on the site of the current Archipelbuurt. It was one of the country estates in the dune area between the Haagse singelgracht and Scheveningen, where the estates Houtrust and Sorghvliet were also located.
The Kloosterkerk is a church on the Lange Voorhout in The Hague, Netherlands. The church and its accompanying monastery were first built in 1397. The church is known today as the church where Beatrix of the Netherlands occasionally attended services.
The Bethlehem Church at Laan van Meerdervoort 627 in The Hague is a church building of the Protestant Municipality of The Hague. The building is in use by the extraordinary reformed district municipality. The church building is a municipal monument.
40. Eben Haëzerkerk
The Eben-Haëzerkerk is the church building of the Reformed Church in Scheveningen. The church is located on the Nieuwe Laantjes and also has an entrance in the Keizerstraat. The Eben-Haëzer Church was withdrawn from worship on 1 January 2018.
41. Muzee Scheveningen
The constitution bench is a monument to the Dutch Constitution located at the Hofplaats in The Hague. The monument has the shape of a 45 meter long sofa of smooth marble on which the text of Article 1 of the Dutch Constitution is applied.
43. Museum de Gevangenpoort
44. Oude Kerk
The Oude or Martinikerk in the Dutch town of Voorburg is one of the two district churches of the Protestant Municipality of Voorburg and belongs to the Protestant Church of the Netherlands. It is the oldest church building in Voorburg.
45. O.L.V. Onbevlekt Ontvangen / Elandstraatkerk
In this Parliament, both our Parliament and Parliament have a responsibility to ensure that our Parliament's position on this issue is fully respected. Church buildings and faith communities are part of the Marine Diocese.
The Lourdes Chapel in Scheveningen is part of the urban complex included in the register of national monuments, which is called 'the church village'. The chapel dates from 1913 and is located on the Berkenbosch Blokstraat.
47. Theater Diligentia
48. 'Centraal Monument voor Gevallen PTT'ers'
Nassauplein is a long rectangular square in the Archipelbuurt in The Hague with only 43 house numbers. At first there was a moat, but it was flooded in 1883. In the beginning of the 20th century, the water was filled in.
50. Oorlogsmonument 'Dwangarbeiders'
Forced Labourer is a war memorial in The Hague. It is located in the courtyard of the Provincial House. At the time, it was the site of The Hague Zoo, where men were gathered in the zoo building during a raid in 1944.
51. Fotomuseum Den Haag
52. Sint Paschalis Baylon
53. Museum Beelden aan Zee
54. Grondwetsherziening van 1848
The Heulstraat in The Hague is a short, centuries-old street between the Noordeinde and the Kneuterdijk. The name refers to the heul or wooden bridge that gave access to the street over the Haagse Beek.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.