Looking for premium sights?
Here you can book tickets, guided tours and other activities in Maastricht:Tickets and guided tours on Viator*
Here you can find interesting sights in Maastricht, Netherlands. Click on a marker on the map to view details about the sight. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 29 sights are available in Maastricht, Netherlands.List of cities in Netherlands Sightseeing Tours in Maastricht
1. HelpoortBook Ticket*
Hell's Gate, once the Spray Gun Gate, the Takahashi Gate, all the gates on the windlass, the Gunpowder Tower Gate or the two towers, are the front gates in the Dutch urban grid. The port, part of the first medieval wall, sits at the pier at the southern end of the St Bernardus Channel, opposite the Plague House. The port dates back to the second quarter of the 13th century and is therefore the oldest surviving city gate in Holland.
2. Poort Waerachtig
The gate is a mesh gate located in the dock area, between Wharf Street and Cinder Peak Wharf. Originally called the port, it soon became a vague gate in the mouth of the people, and later became a real gate. The gate has three passages: the left and right one for pedestrians, and the middle one for wider and higher traffic. It lies between two parts in the late Middle Ages and between five titles. The neo-Gothic port, built between 1887 and 1988, is a breakthrough in the walls of the "new town" and leads to the newly built villa park. Between 1884 and 1885, a dam was laid at the junction of the ejector and the opening of the hatch-grid line of the passage. So, on the right (east), there is a boat swing, at the bottom of the first five titles, where the goose pond is called. The dam connects the new flora in the Eastern Bowl further with the Rhine Street and downtown. She was taken to the east as a pier and was named sint pieterskade in 1903. The ejectors passed through three siphons beneath the dam, but it turned out they were unable to treat water at high levels.
3. Buitengoed Slavante | Grand Café
Slavante is an area, also a street, against the eastern slope of the Sint-Pietersberg in the Dutch municipality of Maastricht. The area is best known for the Buitengoed Slavante, formerly Casino Slavante, a former outdoor society from 1846. The extension also includes remnants of a 17th-century monastery, the baroque St. Anthony's Chapel, a vineyard, the Cellars Slavante and the entrance to the underground limestone quarries Zonneberg and Slavante. To the south of the outstretch was formerly the main entrance Three Gates of the corridor system Slavante; just north of it are the Cave House De Kluis and the Cave House Greetje Blanckers. The high area offers a view over the river Maas and part of the Maas valley. On the Meuse there is a jetty for tour boats.
4. Kloosterkerk Zusters Onder de Bogen
The Convent of the Sisters of Charity of Saint Charles Borromeo, commonly referred to as Convent of the Sisters Under the Arches, is a Roman Catholic monastery in the center of the Dutch city of Maastricht. The monastery is the mother house of the Congregation of the Sisters of Charity of Saint Charles Borromeo. The monastery is housed in a number of historic buildings between the streets Sint Servaasklooster and Kommel. In the monastery garden is an important part of the remaining first, medieval city wall.
The Sint Martinuskerk or Sint-Maartenskerk is a neo-Gothic church building in the Dutch city of Maastricht. The building by architect Pierre Cuypers is located in the historic Wyck district, between the Rechtstraat and the river Maas. The church is one of the four Roman Catholic parish churches in the center of Maastricht and is dedicated to Saint Martin of Tours. In the originally medieval church is the 13th-century statue of the Black Christ of Wyck, one of the popular folk devotions of Maastricht.
The Cannerberg is a hill near Maastricht, which is partly on Dutch and partly on Belgian territory. The hill is named after the town of Kanne, which lies just across the border in Belgium. The Cannerberg forms the western slope of the Jeker valley, opposite the Sint-Pietersberg. The ridge is an offshoot of the Haspengouws Plateau. Part of the hill was excavated between 1930 and 1939 for the construction of the Albert Canal, cutting off the ridge of the larger plateau.
The church of St. Peter downstairs, officially St. Peter's Church, is a church building from 1938-39 in the Dutch city of Maastricht, located on the Sint Maternusstraat near Villapark. The building is used by the Roman Catholic parish of St. Peter, which has another parish church: the higher church of St. Peter above. The marlstone church was designed by the well-known architect Frits Peutz as an early Christian basilica and has been a national monument since 1993.
8. Heilig Hart van Jezuskerk (Koepelkerk)
The Koepelkerk, officially Sacred Heart of Jesus Church, is a monumental dome church in the Dutch city of Maastricht. The church building is located a stone's throw from Maastricht Station on the corner of Scharnerweg and Heerderweg in Wyckerpoort in Maastricht East. The church has been used from the beginning as a Roman Catholic parish church of the parish of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Since 2021, the building has also housed an Eritrean Orthodox faith community.
9. Romeinse villa Meerssen-Onderste Herkenberg
The Roman villa Meerssen-Onderste Herkenberg, also called villa Herkenberg, is a site with the archaeological remains of a Roman villa near Meerssen in the Dutch province of Limburg. The villa was probably of the villa rustica type and was probably the largest in the present-day Netherlands. The villa area, partly protected as a national monument, is one of the many dozens of villa complexes that have been excavated on the Loess soils of South Limburg.
The Nieuwenhofpoortje, formerly also called Begijnenpoortje or gate at the Zwingelput, is a poterne, a secondary gate in the city wall of the Dutch city of Maastricht. The gate was installed in the 14th century in the Nieuwenhofwal, part of the second medieval city wall of Maastricht and is located between the south end of the street Zwingelput (Jekerkwartier) and the pedestrian bridge over the southern Jekertak in the Stadspark Maastricht.
11. Villa Kruisdonk
Villa Kruisdonk is an estate with country house built in 1880 near Rothem, at the time in the municipality of Meerssen, now near Nazareth in the northeast of the municipality of Maastricht. The estate is bordered by the Maastricht - Aachen railway line, the A2 motorway, the Oude Rijksweg and the Kruisdonk road. Villa Kruisdonk is a national monument. The complex is not open to the public. The villa is part of the Buitengoed Geul & Maas.
12. Antonius van Paduakerk
The Antonius van Paduakerk is a church building near Scharn in the Dutch city of Maastricht. The church serves as the parish church of the Roman Catholic parish of Saint Anthony of Padua in the former village of Scharn east of Maastricht. The traditionalist-looking church from 1938 is a municipal monument and has a number of valuable art treasures. Part of the inventory has been protected as a national monument since 1966.
The Augustijnenkerk is a baroque church building in the center of the Dutch city of Maastricht, located on the Kesselskade along the river Maas. The church was built in the 17th century as a monastery church for the Order of the Augustines. At the end of the 18th century the monastery was lifted and from that moment the church fulfilled a multitude of functions. The Augustijnenkerk has been a national monument since 1966.
The Sint-Theresiakerk is a church building in the Dutch city of Maastricht, located on the Theresiaplein near Biesland in Maastricht-Zuidwest. The Roman Catholic parish church is named after the 19th-century Saint Therese of Lisieux. From 2022, the Philharmonie Zuidnederland will move in. The building of Kunrader stone from the early 1930s is a municipal monument.
15. Museumkelder Derlon
The Derlon Museum Cellar is a small archaeological museum in the center of the Dutch city of Maastricht, where an important excavation from Roman times can be visited. The excavation has been protected as a national monument since 2004. The museum cellar is located in the basement of Hotel Derlon on the Onze Lieve Vrouweplein and is free of charge on request.
16. Motte De Tombe
The Tombe is an originally early medieval motte on the Sint-Pietersberg in the south of the Dutch municipality of Maastricht. The remainder of the motte is located along the Van Schaikweg on the west flank of the Sint-Pietersberg on the edge of the ENCI forest. To the west of the motte is the Quarry the Tomb and to the south of the motte is the ENCI forest.
17. Kerk van de Allerheiligste Verlosser en H. Petrus
The Church of the Holy Peak, the official church of the holiest savior and h. petrus, also known as sint Peak on the Hill, is a neo-Gothic Roman Catholic church built in 1875 and located in the grid-oriented area of sint Peak. The church is used by the parish sint peak, just as the church sint peak is below. The church above is a national monument.
The Sint-Matthias Church, also known as Sint-Matthijs, is a Gothic church building in the center of the Dutch city of Maastricht, located on Boschstraat in the Boschstraatkwartier. The church is one of the four Roman Catholic parish churches in the center of Maastricht and is dedicated to Saint Apostle Mattias.
19. Regionaal Historisch Centrum Limburg
The Historical Centre Limburg (HCL) collects, manages and presents archives and collections of (government) institutions and private individuals in the Dutch province of Limburg. It is one of the Regional Historical Centres in the Netherlands. The HCL has locations in Heerlen and Maastricht.
20. Het Heilig Hart van Jezuskerk
The Sacred Heart of Jesus Church is a Roman Catholic church building dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus in the village of Rothem in the Dutch South Limburg municipality of Meerssen. The building from 1929 by architect Jos Wielders has been a national monument since 1997.
21. IJzeren Molen
The iron mill, also known as the new mill or rotor mill, is a water mill on a side branch of a gully, called a small ditch or ditch, in Rome, a lake. The iron works are part of abandoned ditches and meshes, formerly known as mesh lakes. The mill is an imperial monument.
22. Huis Eyll
The house yyll, also known as cronenhof, is a castle-like estate located in the Met strie district. The 18th-century building has been an imperial monument since 1966, with its corresponding crown. Especially inside, petrus nicolas gagini is decorated with stucco.
23. Ruïne Lichtenberg
Castle ruin Lichtenberg is a ruin of a castle located on the Sint-Pietersberg south of the village of Sint Pieter in the Dutch municipality of Maastricht. The structure is located on the eastern edge of the mountain with the Slavante forest to the north of it.
The Withuishof is a neoclassical country house located on the outskirts of Scharn in the eastern part of the municipality of Maastricht. The house has been a national monument since 1967 and is counted as part of the Buitengoed Geul & Maas.
The Sint-Janskerk is a Gothic church in the center of the Dutch city of Maastricht. The Protestant Sint-Jan is situated next to the Roman Catholic Basilica of Saint Servatius on the Vrijthof, a unique sight in the Netherlands.
26. Don Boscokerk
The Don Boscokerk is a modern church building in the Dutch city of Maastricht, located at Kardinaal van Rossumplein 97 near Heugemerveld. The former Roman Catholic parish church has been in use as a Baptist church since 2017.
27. Petrus en Paulus
The St. Peter-en-Pauluskerk is the Roman Catholic parish church of Wolder, a village and also a neighborhood in the Dutch city of Maastricht. The neo -gothic church building was officially inaugurated on July 12, 1898.
The Peace Chapel is a chapel in the town of Meerssen in the Dutch South Limburg municipality of Meerssen. The chapel is on the market southwest of the Basilica of the H. Sacrament on the east side of the Proosdijpark.
29. Charles Eyck Park
The Charles Eyckpark is a city park along the Meuse on the edge of the Céramique district in the center of Maastricht. The fairly new park is named after the Limburg painter and sculptor Charles Eyck.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.