Book tickets, guided tours and activities in Delft.
Guided Free Walking Tours
Book free guided walking tours in Delft.
Explore interesting sights in Delft, Netherlands. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 32 sights are available in Delft, Netherlands.Sightseeing Tours in Delft
The Gemelandshuis in Delft, in the Dutch province of South Holland, is the head office of the Delfland Water Board. The Late Gothic house at Oude Delft 167 was built in 1505. The first owner was Jan de Heyter, who was Schout van Delft and bailiff of Delfland. He was also a tenant of excise duty on hops. The house was therefore also called "house with the bubbles" after the interior decoration with hopbells. Because of the collaboration of the De Huyter family with the Spaniards, they were put out of their house in 1572 and the house was seized. Subsequently, the house temporarily housed the Hof van Holland before it was transformed into the Heeren Herberghe, a accommodation for important guests of the city and the States of Holland. Later the building was the home of Philips, Count van Hohenlohe who was married to Maria van Nassau, a daughter of Willem van Oranje. The Delfland Water Board has been established there since 1645.
2. Hofje van Gratie
The Hofje van Gratie is one of the four remaining courtyards in the city of Delft, in the Dutch province of South Holland. There used to be seven courtyards. The Hofje van Gratie was a courtyard for couples over the age of 50 without children, and was founded in 1575 by Pieter Sasbout. At first, the Hofje was located on the Korte Geer, but due to the expansion of the Armamentarium, it was moved to its current location on the Van der Mastenstraat. The land was made available free of charge. On 12 October 1654, an explosion - the Delft thunderclap - had taken place in the powder magazine between the Geerweg and the Doelenstraat. The new courtyard on the Van der Mastenstraat was given seven homes instead of six.
The Marcuskerk is a church located on the Roland Holstlaan in the Voorhof district in the city of Delft, in the Dutch province of South Holland. The church building is used by the Protestant Church in Delft for its worship services. The Marcus Church was built in 1968 and then used by the Reformed Church. The organ was dated in 1970. The church building was built on design by H.W.M. Hupkes in mainly modernist design with more expressionist character. It is a municipal monument. The design had strong similarities with the two years earlier designed by Hupkes Reconciliation Church in Rijswijk before it was secularized.
4. View of Delft
View of Delft is an oil painting by Johannes Vermeer, painted c. 1659–1661. The painting of the Dutch artist's hometown is among his best known. It is one of three known paintings of Delft by Vermeer, along with The Little Street and the lost painting House Standing in Delft, and his only cityscape. According to art historian Emma Barker, cityscapes across water, which were popular in the Netherlands at the time, celebrated the city and its trade. Vermeer's View of Delft has been held in the Dutch Royal Cabinet of Paintings at the Mauritshuis in The Hague since its establishment in 1822.
5. Lutherse Kerk
The Lutherse Kerk, also known as St. George's Chapel, is an 18th-century church in the Dutch city of Delft. The church's foundation was laid in the 15th or 16th centuries, with a wooden structure being built on top of it. This first wooden church burned down in 1536, and the city of Delft erected an armory where the church had stood. The armory was converted into the current Lutheran church in 1768, and a new stone facade and steeples where added to the existing building.
The Sint-Aldbertkerk is a Roman Catholic parish church in the Voorhof district in the city of Delft, in the Dutch province of South Holland. The church is part of Sint Ursulaparochie. The church is dedicated to Saint Adelbert van Egmond. This saint refers to the Adelbertland, a part of the polder on which the new Flatwijk was built. The church building on the Minervaweg was inaugurated on 6 May 1967 by Mgr. Jansen.
7. Eastern Gate
The eastern gate in Delft, Netherlands, is an example of Brick Gothic northern European architecture that was built around 1400. Around 1510, the towers were enhanced with an additional octagonal floor and high spires. This is the only city gate remaining in Delft; the others were demolished in the 19th century. It currently serves as an art gallery and private residence.
8. Hortus Botanicus
TU Delft Hortus Botanicus, until 2022 Botanical Garden TU Delft, is a botanical garden that is part of Delft University of Technology in Delft. The Hortus was founded in 1917 by Gerrit van ITERSON as a 'Cultuurtuin for Technical Crops'. The organization is affiliated with Botanic Gardens Conservation International and the Dutch Association of Botanical Gardens.
The Vredeskerk or Sacramentskerk is a Roman Catholic parish church in the Wippolder district of Delft, in the Dutch province of South Holland. The church is part of the Sint Ursula parish and is located at the intersection of Nassaulaan/Julianalaan (Poortlandplein). The building was designed by the architects H. Thunnissen, J.H. Hendricks and Th. van Rossum.
The Immanuëlkerk was a Protestant neighborhood municipality on Schoemakerstraat in the city of Delft until October 2013, in the Dutch province of South Holland. Since then, the building has been cleared in the hands of the Reformed Churches. Together with the Vredeskerk and the now demolished Maranatha, this church formed the church triangle.
The Lepel Bridge in the Dutch city of Delft, the province of South Holland, is a bridge from 1929 across the Delftsche Vliet. The bridge forms a connection between the center of Delft and the site of the former Calvé factory and further on the main road to Rijswijk, 't Haantje, the Lange Kleiweg and the Jaagpad along the Delftsche Vliet.
Agnetapark was an area of workers' housing in Delft, South Holland, the Netherlands. It was one of the highest quality workers' housing areas built before the Housing Act of 1902 was imposed. It was 'transformed' from a marshy 4 hectares area of land to a 'paradise' of industry. It is named after Agneta Matthes as she helped transform it.
The Raamstraatkerk in the city of Delft, in the Dutch province of South Holland, is officially called the HH Franciscus en Clarakerk, but is also known by its old name, the HH Nicolaas en Gezellenkerk. Since 2009, this church has been one of the four Roman Catholic parish churches in the city and is part of the Saint Ursula Parish.
14. De drie vergulde Acoleyen
The Three Gilded Acoleyen is a shophouse on the Markt in the town of Delft, in the Dutch province of South Holland. The national monument was built in 1903. The building was built in a slightly modified form to a design by architect C.J.L. Kersbergen from 1899, in neo-Renaissance style. A coat warehouse was located in the building.
The Génestetkerk is a Remonstrant church from 1896 in the city of Delft, in the Dutch province of South Holland. The church is located behind a gate on the Oude Delft on an inner area on the site of the former shelter. It is a design by Leonard Couvée. The church is named after the pastor and poet P.A. The Génestet.
16. Het Blauwe Hart
The Blue Hart is a work of art in the center of the Dutch city of Delft from 1998, designed by Marcel Smink. The artwork consists of blue glass panels on a stainless steel frame. The artist wants to refer to the technical 'heart' of Delft, being the Technical University. The color of the glass refers to Delft blue.
17. Royal Delft
The Koninklijke Porceleyne Fles N.V. is a Dutch manufacturer of Delft Blue earthenware, headquartered in Delft, the Netherlands. It is the only remaining factory out of 32 that were established in Delft during the 17th century. Today, the company has been active for over 360 years without interruption.
The Catharijnebrug is a bridge in the center of the city of Delft, in the Dutch province of South Holland. The bridge is a national monument and possibly dates from the 18th century (construction), around 1950 the bridge was widened and lowered, he bridges the Gracht Oosteinde.
The Zuiderkerk in Delft, in the Dutch province of South Holland, is a former Dutch Reformed church. The church was built in 1888 to a design by G. van der Kaaden, and has derived elements from classicism and renaissance. The church is located in a courtyard.
20. Kleine Oostpoortbrug
De Kleine Oostpoortbrug is an iron drawbridge in the center of the Dutch city of Delft, province of South Holland. The bridge is located at the Oostpoort, the only remaining city gate in Delft. The bridge is a national monument and dates from the year 1514.
21. De Kaerskorf
De Kaerskorf and De Maen are two historic buildings in the city center of Delft and located at Markt 2-4. The Kaerskorf is the most eye-catching corner building near the Cameretten. Since the two buildings are historically linked, both are discussed below.
The Kruithuis on the Delftse Schie is a former storage building for gunpowder in Delft, in the Dutch province of South Holland. Nowadays it serves as a home for the Delfland scouting region, Scouting Willem de Zwijger and the Delfse Zwervers.
The Sint-Stanislas chapel is a Roman Catholic chapel on the Westplantsoen in the city of Delft, in the Dutch province of South Holland. The chapel is connected to the adjacent Stanislascollege and the community of the fathers Jesuits.
The Agnietenbrug is a bridge in the center of the Dutch city of Delft, the province of South Holland. The bridge is a national monument and dates from 1964. She bridges the Gasthuisgracht with its Kades Gasthuislaan near Oosteinde.
26. Synagoge Delft
27. Straatje van Vermeer
The Gasthuisbrug is an arch bridge in the center of the city of Delft, in the Dutch province of South Holland. The bridge is a national monument and dates from the year 1575 and it bridges the Brabantse Turfmarkt.
29. De Roos
The Hoogbrug is a brick bridge in the center of the city of Delft, in the Dutch province of South Holland. The bridge, located at the back, is a national monument and was probably built in the 16th century.
The Drapeniers bridge is a bridge in the center of the Dutch city of Delft, the province of South Holland. The bridge is a national monument. The bridge may date from the 18th century and bridges the canal.
The Haverbrug is a brick bridge with iron front plates in the center of the city of Delft, in the Dutch province of South Holland. The bridge is a national monument and was probably built in the year 1872.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.