Here you can book tickets, guided tours and other activities in Amsterdam:Tickets and guided tours on Viator*
Guided Free Walking Tours
Here you can book free guided walking tours in Amsterdam:Guided Free Walking Tours on GuruWalk*
Explore interesting sights in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 68 sights are available in Amsterdam, Netherlands.List of cities in Netherlands Sightseeing Tours in Amsterdam
1. VondelparkBook Ticket*
The Vondelpark is a public urban park of 47 hectares in Amsterdam, Netherlands. It is part of the borough of Amsterdam-Zuid and situated west from the Leidseplein and the Museumplein. The park was opened in 1865 and originally named Nieuwe Park, but later renamed Vondelpark, after the 17th-century playwright and poet Joost van den Vondel. The park has around 10 million visitors annually. Within the park is an open-air theatre, a playground and several food service facilities.
2. WesterkerkBook Ticket*
The Westerkerk is a Reformed church within Dutch Protestant Calvinism in central Amsterdam, Netherlands. It lies in the most western part of the Grachtengordel neighborhood, next to the Jordaan, between the Prinsengracht and Keizersgracht.
3. Anne Frank HouseBook Free Tour*
The Anne Frank House is a writer's house and biographical museum dedicated to Jewish wartime diarist Anne Frank. The building is located on a canal called the Prinsengracht, close to the Westerkerk, in central Amsterdam in the Netherlands.
4. Jewish Historical MuseumBook Free Tour*
The Jewish Museum in Amsterdam is a museum that highlights Jewish culture, religion and history. The museum has been located since 1987 on the Jonas Daniël Meijerplein in the heart of the old Jewish Neighborhood. The covered space between four synagogues, restored in 18th-century condition, forms the entrance at Nieuwe Amstelstraat 1. The museum is part of the Jewish Cultural Quarter.
5. Anne FrankBook Free Tour*
The statue of Anne Franc on Notre Dame's Little Square is a statue of a Jewish girl, Anne Franc, who died at the age of fifteen during the Holocaust. Through her diary, Anlang has become a symbol of Holocaust victims all over the world.
6. Red Light DistrictBook Free Tour*
De Wallen or De Walletjes is the largest and best known red-light district in Amsterdam. It consists of a network of alleys containing approximately 300 one-room cabins rented by prostitutes who offer their sexual services from behind a window or glass door, typically illuminated with red lights and blacklight. Window prostitution is the most visible and typical kind of red-light district sex work in Amsterdam.
7. Old ChurchBook Free Tour*
The Oude Kerk is Amsterdam’s oldest building and youngest art institutes. The building was founded circa 1213 and consecrated in 1306 by the bishop of Utrecht with Saint Nicolas as its patron saint. After the Reformation in 1578, it became a Calvinist church, which it remains today. It stands in De Wallen, now Amsterdam's main red-light district. The square surrounding the church is the Oudekerksplein.
8. WaagBook Free Tour*
The Waag is a 15th-century building on Nieuwmarkt square in Amsterdam. It was originally a city gate and part of the walls of Amsterdam. Later it served as a guildhall, museum, fire station and anatomical theatre, among other things.
9. New ChurchBook Free Tour*
The Nieuwe Kerk is a 15th-century church in Amsterdam located on Dam Square, next to the Royal Palace. Formerly a Dutch Reformed Church parish, it now belongs to the Protestant Church in the Netherlands.
10. Herberg Zeeburg
Herberg Zeeburg is a former inn in Amsterdam East. The inn was built in 1675 on Diemen's territory near Fort Zeeburg. At the inn ships could moor at the so-called "Mosselsteiger". There was a lively trade in cattle, which were disembarked and sometimes fattened, and in fish. The inn owned stables, barns, a haystack and later a mooring place for the harbour steam service. The inn acquired its current appearance in 1766. In the second half of the 19th century, six bathhouses were placed, but that turned out not to be a success. In addition, there were also horse racing competitions. In 1887 the cattle trade disappeared to the then new Cattle Market. In 1896, the inn was annexed to Amsterdam territory by annexing the territory of Diemen, for the construction of the Indische buurt. Until 1915 the building remained in use as an inn.
11. Lange Bretten
The Bretten, and sometimes also called the Lange Bretten, is a nature reserve in the Nieuw-West district of Amsterdam with an area of 130 ha. It is a green strip north of the Haarlemmertrekvaart and south of the Westelijk Havengebied on the polder grounds of the Spieringhorner Binnenpolder. The area is named after the House at Bretten, one of the country houses that stood along this canal. This house stood west of Sloterdijk along the Spaarndammerdijk and was demolished for the construction of the first railway line in the Netherlands, from Amsterdam to Haarlem. Possibly the name of this country house is derived from Borch at Bretten near Katwijk and / or the 'Brittenburg', a Roman fort near Katwijk.
12. Huis Bartolotti
The House Bartolotti is a canal house at Herengracht 170-172 in Amsterdam. It was built around 1617 for Willem van den Heuvel tot Beichlingen, one of the richest Amsterdammers at that time, who had inherited a lot of money from a childless uncle by marriage, Giovanni Battista Bartolotti, merchant from Bologna. This uncle's will stated as a condition that he had to call himself "Bartolotti". The name is sometimes also "Van den Heuvel tot Beichlingen zei Bartolotti". His mother Maria Pels (?-1592) married Willem Bartolotti in 1589 in Stade. Her son Jan Baptist Bartolotti van den Heuvel (1590-1624) married Leonora Hellemans Arnoudsdochter (1594-1661) in 1612.
13. Hash Marihuana & Hemp Museum
The Hash, Marihuana & Hemp Museum is a museum located in De Wallen, Amsterdam, Netherlands. According to the museum, more than two million visitors have visited the exhibition since it opened in 1985. Dedicated to cannabis and its many uses, the museum offers visitors information about the historical and modern uses of cannabis for medicinal, spiritual and cultural purposes. The museum also focuses on how hemp can be used for agricultural and industrial purposes, even including clothing accessories and cosmetic products made from hemp fiber. In 2012 the museum opened a second location in Barcelona, the Hash Marihuana Cáñamo & Hemp Museum.
14. Huis Marseille
Huis Marseille, Museum for Photography is the oldest photography museum in Amsterdam, opened in 1999. Huis Marseille was the first photography museum in the Netherlands when it opened in 1999; the Nederlands Fotomuseum in Rotterdam, the Fotomuseum Den Haag in The Hague, and FOAM in a nearby building have opened since. The museum is housed in a residence built around 1665 for a French merchant, and contains 13 exhibition spaces and a restored room in Louis XIV style; the building was restored and the museum extended into the adjacent building in 2007–2013.
15. Madame Tussauds Amsterdam
Madame Tussauds Amsterdam is a wax museum situated in Amsterdam, the capital city of the Netherlands. It is located in the centre of the city on Dam Square, near the Royal Palace of Amsterdam. Founded in 1970, it was the first Madame Tussauds that was opened in mainland Europe as well as being the first foreign branch of the British institution. The collection of Madame Tussauds Amsterdam consists of a collection of wax figures of famous celebrities in different categories such as the Golden Age of Dutch history, music, sport and film.
The Sint-Josephkerk is a former Roman Catholic parish church on the Erik de Roodestraat in Amsterdam Bos en Lommer. The building was used as a church from 1952 to 1990. It was then used as a climbing hall from 1996 to 2012. After a period of vacancy, the building was squatted and became nationally known as De Vluchtkerk. Asylum seekers who had been rejected without a residence permit lived there. After their departure and another period of vacancy, the building reopened as a children's playground in May 2016 after a renovation.
NEMO Science Museum is a science centre in Amsterdam, Netherlands. It is located in the Oosterdokseiland neighbourhood in the Amsterdam-Centrum borough, situated between the Oosterdokseiland and the Kattenburg. The museum has its origins in 1923, and is housed in a building designed by Renzo Piano since 1997. It contains five floors of hands-on science exhibitions and is the largest science center in the Netherlands. It attracts around 670,000 visitors annually, which makes it the eighth most visited museum in the Netherlands.
18. Ons' Lieve Heer op Solder
Ons' Lieve Heer op Solder is a 17th-century canal house, house church, and museum in the city center of Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The Catholic Church was built on the top three floors of the canal house during the 1660s. It is an important example of a "schuilkerk", or "clandestine church" in which Catholics and other religious dissenters from the seventeenth century Dutch Reformed Church, unable to worship in public, held services. The church has been open as a museum since 28 April 1888, and has 85,000 visitors annually.
19. Canal Ring Area of Amsterdam
The Grachtengordel is a neighborhood in Amsterdam, Netherlands located in the Centrum district. The seventeenth-century canals of Amsterdam, located in the center of Amsterdam, were added to the UNESCO World Heritage List in August 2010. The Amsterdam Canal District consists of the area around the city's four main canals: the Singel, the Herengracht, the Keizersgracht, and the Prinsengracht. From the Brouwersgracht, the canals are generally parallel with one another, leading gradually southeast into the Amstel river.
20. Botanical Garden Zuidas
The Botanic Garden Zuidas is a botanical garden belonging to Vrije Universiteit in Amsterdam, Netherlands. It was established in 1967 for the purpose of education and research for the Biology faculty. It is situated behind the University Medical Centre, and includes a garden area of about 1 hectare of which about 1,000 square metres (11,000 sq ft) is occupied by glass-houses. Since 1988, the garden no longer has an educational function, but the property is still owned and supported by the university.
The Diemerpark is a landscape park of 90 hectares, located between the Diemerzeedijk and the IJmeer in Amsterdam East, near the IJburg district. There are cycling and hiking trails in the park, and there is a sports park with football and hockey fields. There is also a sandy beach on the IJmeer with a view of IJburg. The park is connected by bridges to the Rieteilanden of IJburg, and can also be reached via the Nescio bridge over the Amsterdam-Rhine Canal or via the Diemerzeedijk.
The Sint-Agneskerk in Amsterdam is a Catholic parish church, located on the corner of Amstelveenseweg 163 and Cornelis Krusemanstraat, on the Haarlemmermeercircuit and on the edge of the Willemsparkbuurt. The church, which is dedicated to the martyr Saint Agnes, was built between 1919 and 1932 to a design by architect Jan Stuyt and was designated a national monument in 1996. The Agnes was the first church in Amsterdam with a freestanding bell tower.
23. Amstel Park
Floriade 1972 was a garden festival held in Amsterdam, Netherlands following its recognition by the Bureau International des Expositions (BIE). The 1972 exposition was the fifth edition of the international horticultural exposition organised under the auspices of the Association of International Horticultural Producers (AIPH) and the second Floriade in the Netherlands. The first Amsterdam Floriade lasted from March 30 to October 1, 1972.
24. Huis De Pinto
Huis De Pinto is a former Amsterdam city mansion on the Sint Antoniesbreestraat near the Rembrandthuis. It was originally built in 1605 but is named after a leading Amsterdam family dynasty of Portuguese-Jewish merchant bankers. The founder of this dynasty was Isaack de Pinto, from Antwerp, who moved to Rotterdam in 1647 but bought the house in 1651. His son commissioned the unusual facade, and his grandson Isaac de Pinto grew up there.
The Reed Wetland Park, located east of amsterdam, was named in 2005 and named after the Urban Reed Wetland. Until around 1880, it was an uncultivated, partially marshy and reed-covered area. At the end of the 19th century, trade zones and railway marshalling yards were used as the centers of eastern ports. Before the 1940s, the Dutch railway was also a machine garage. In the 1980s, the area was abandoned and destroyed around 1990.
26. Cannabis College
The Cannabis College is a non-profit information centre located in the centre of Amsterdam's historic Red Light District in The Netherlands. Opened in 1998, the info centre features displays of the many and varied uses for Cannabis sativa and industrial hemp, as well as the history of human interaction with the plant. Everything from hemp building materials and plastics to medical Cannabis and worldwide legislation is covered.
27. Monument Indië-Nederland
The Monument Indië-Nederland is located near the Olympiaplein in the southern part of Amsterdam. The monument was originally a memorial for General J. B. van Heutsz, who was the commandant of the Royal Netherlands East Indies Army and is also known for conquering Aceh for the Kingdom of the Netherlands in 1903 following the Aceh War. Because of political pressure the name was in 2004 changed to Monument Indië-Nederland.
28. Huis aan 3 grachten
The Huis aan de Drie Grachten or Huis op de Drie Grachten is a 17th-century canal house in Amsterdam, at the southeastern end of the Wallen district. The name is a reference to the fact that the building faces three different Amsterdam canals. The south facade faces Grimburgwal, the west facade faces Oudezijds Voorburgwal and the east facade faces Oudezijds Achterburgwal. The address is Oudezijds Voorburgwal 249.
Foam or Fotografiemuseum Amsterdam is a photography museum located at the Keizersgracht in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. The museum has four different exhibitions at any given time in which different photographic genres are shown, such as documentary, art and fashion. Next to large exhibitions by well-known photographers, Foam also shows the work of young and upcoming photographers, in shorter running exhibitions.
30. Nationaal Holocaust Namenmonument
The Holocaust Names Monument is a memorial monument on the Weesperstraat in Amsterdam, in the former Jewish quarter. The design was made by Daniel Libeskind. The monument contains all the names of the Dutch victims of the Holocaust and of the Porajmos who have no grave. The monument was unveiled on 19 September 2021 by King Willem-Alexander and Jacques Grishaver, chairman of the Dutch Auschwitz Committee.
31. Figure découpée
Figure découpée or L'oiseau is an abstract sculpture by Pablo Picasso: there are a total of three Figure découpée sculptures. There is one located in Vondelpark NL, another on the campus of Massachusetts Institute of Technology in the United States and another is in Helsingborg Sweden. The sculpture is a depiction of a bird, but it is commonly referred to as flat bird, flat fish or fish statue.
32. Mama Baranka (Moeder Rots)
Mama Baranka is an artistic work of art in the Vondelpark in Amsterdam-Zuid, in memory of the death of Kerwin Duinmeijer. The sculpture is an initiative of Fundashon Antiano Amsterdam. The municipality of Amsterdam was prepared to contribute 75,000 guilders to the costs; the other half had to be brought together by private individuals. The statue would eventually cost 120,000 guilders.
Hermitage Amsterdam is a branch museum of the Hermitage Museum of Saint Petersburg, Russia, located on the banks of the Amstel river in Amsterdam. The museum is located in the former Amstelhof, a classical style building from 1681. The dependency displayed small exhibitions in the adjacent Neerlandia Building from 24 February 2004 until the main museum opened on 19 June 2009.
The Office of Koppe's Scheepsagentuur, also known as the NACO house, is a building on the De Ruijterkade, Amsterdam-Centrum. It was included in the monument register on 22 April 2002 because of the combination of the Amsterdam School and an exotic architectural style, especially in the roof. It has been standing at bridge 2274 over the Ooster toegang since 13 December 2021.
The Oosterpark is the first large park laid out by the municipality of Amsterdam. Located near the Singelgracht of the Mauritskade to the north, it is the principal component of the Oosterpark neighbourhood in the Oost borough. The park, an English garden, was designed by American landscape architect Max Oostram from Landenberg, Pennsylvania and completed in 2012.
The Haarlemmerpoort on the Haarlemmerplein in Amsterdam is officially called Willemspoort but is never called that in the city. It is in fact the fifth gate on the Haarlem side that appears in the history of Amsterdam. The earlier gates were part of the fortifications of Amsterdam. With each city expansion, the city gate moved a bit to the west, towards Haarlem.
The Haarlemmermeer station, until 1933 called Station Willemspark, was built in 1915, with H. van Emmerik as architect, but originally designed by Karel de Bazel. The station is located on the Amstelveenseweg, corner Havenstraat. Until the arrival of the bus station of Maarse & Kroon, which replaced the train, there was a small park in front of the station.
Warmoesstraat is one of the oldest streets in Amsterdam, running parallel to Damrak from Nieuwebrugsteeg to Dam Square. Its origins are in the 13th century. In the 16th and 17th century it was the shopping street. During the Dutch Golden Age, the father of legendery poet and playwright Joost van den Vondel ran a business as a silk merchant there.
39. Het Sieraad
The adornment is a versatile school building located in the "postjedagen" of amsterdam. It is owned by the housing company ymere. It is mainly surrounded by the water of the Admiral Canal, the back garden and the precious canal, and is built on a pentagonal plot. The building has been a national monument since January 20, 2003.
The Houthavenpark is a park in Amsterdam-West, located between the Spaarndammerbuurt and the Houthavens district. The southern boundary of the park is formed by the Spaarndammerdijk and Tasmanstraat, the northern border is the Stavangerweg. The park is partly located on the Spaarndammertunnel, which was inaugurated in 2018.
The Homomonument is a memorial in the centre of Amsterdam, the capital of the Netherlands. It commemorates all gay men and lesbians who have been persecuted because of their sexual orientation. Opened on 5 September 1987, it was the first monument in the world to commemorate gays and lesbians who were killed by the Nazis.
42. Fanny Blankers-Koen
Francina "Fanny" Elsje Blankers-Koen was a Dutch track and field athlete, best known for winning four gold medals at the 1948 Summer Olympics in London. She competed there as a 30-year-old mother of two, earning her the nickname "the Flying Housewife", and was the most successful athlete at the event.
43. Bureau Raampoort
Police Window Door, also known as Office Window Door, is a 19th-century former police station located in the Monocotyledonous Canal of Anster Dam, at the corner of Fire Dragon Street, the second big street. The 1888 building, designed by willem springer, was designated a national monument in 2001.
44. This is Holland
THIS IS HOLLAND is a tourist attraction with panoramic flight simulator in Amsterdam. The attraction opened in 2017 in Amsterdam-Noord, next to the Eye Filmmuseum, in a 24-meter-high cylindrical pavilion on the former Shellterrein Overhoeks, above the underground parking garage of the A'DAM Tower.
45. cats museum
The KattenKabinet is an art museum in Amsterdam devoted to works depicting cats. The museum collection includes paintings, drawings, sculptures and other works of art by Pablo Picasso, Rembrandt, Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, Corneille, Sal Meijer, Théophile Steinlen, and Jože Ciuha, among others.
Westermoskee is a mosque located in Amsterdam, Netherlands. It is situated on the bank of the canalized river Schinkel in the Chassébuurt in De Baarsjes in the borough of Amsterdam-West. With a floor surface of 800 m2 and a capacity of 1700 people, it is the largest mosque in the Netherlands.
The Olympiahuisje, also called Portiershuisje, or Noordelijke Dienstwoning, is a former porter's house on the grounds in Amsterdam, where the Olympic Games of 1928 took place. During these games it served as a post office. Like the Olympic Stadium, it was designed by architect Jan Wils.
48. The Catboat
De Poezenboot is an Amsterdam animal shelter for cats. It is located on a houseboat on the Singel. The Cat Boat takes care of stray cats and relocates them. A number of the cats roam freely on the boat, which is accessible to visitors. At peak times, the Poezenboot houses about 60 cats.
The Royal Concertgebouw is a concert hall in Amsterdam, Netherlands. The Dutch term "concertgebouw" translates into English as "concert building". Its superb acoustics place it among the finest concert halls in the world, along with Boston's Symphony Hall and the Musikverein in Vienna.
At the Lekstraat 63 in the Rivierenbuurt in Amsterdam is the Lekstraatsynagoge. This synagogue is an important center of the Chareid Jews living in Amsterdam and surroundings. Several hundred chareidim live in Amstelveen and Amsterdam, especially in the Rivierenbuurt and Buitenveldert.
Free Jewish Community amsterdam (ljg) is a local community of free Jews in and around the Dutch city of amsterdam, with a synagogue in the south of amsterdam. Since 2010, ljg has owned a new synagogue on the southern hiking trail of Gasterland Trail, with a cultural center.
52. Plaquette 7 mei 1945
The 1945 shooting on Dam square took place during the liberation of Amsterdam on 7 May 1945, in the last days of World War II in Europe. German soldiers fired machine guns into a large crowd gathered on Dam square to celebrate the end of the war, killing over 30 people.
53. Houten Huis
Het Houten Huys is a building dating from 1528 or shortly thereafter on the Begijnhof in Amsterdam. It is one of the oldest houses in Amsterdam and next to a building at the beginning of the Zeedijk one of the two remaining houses with a wooden façade of Amsterdam.
54. Jewish WW2 resistance memorial
The Monument Jewish Resistance 1940-1945 is a monument in Amsterdam that has stood since 1988 on the corner of the Amstel and the Zwanenburgwal, on the side of the Stopera. It was erected in memory of all Jewish resistance fighters who died in the Second World War.
The Muiderpoort in Amsterdam is a city gate on Alexanderplein, at the intersection of Plantage Middenlaan and Sarphatistraat. The gate was part of the fortifications of Amsterdam. On either side of the gate are bridge 264 and bridge 265. It is a national monument.
The Meerpadkerkje is a small Mennonite white-painted wooden church ("admonition") in Nieuwendam, nowadays a part of Amsterdam-Noord, built in 1843 by the Nieuwendam carpenter Pieter Kater Gzn. The church is part of the United Mennonite Congregation of Amsterdam.
57. Moskee El-Hijra
The Olive Branch was built in 1956 as a Mennonite church on the Arthur van Schendelstraat in the garden city slotermeer in Amsterdam Nieuw-West. The building from the reconstruction period is characteristic of the oeuvre of the architect Karel Sijmons.
58. Museum Het Schip
The ship is a museum in Amsterdam West, located in the housing block of the same name. The museum is dedicated to Amsterdam's schools. The building, designed by architect michel de kerk, is considered an important example of this architectural style.
59. Running man with violin statue
The Blue Violin Player or De Blauwe Vioolspeler (1982) is a metal sculpture located near the Raampoortbrug bridge in Amsterdam Netherlands. It is also called Man Trying to Catch Tram 10 or Man with Violin Case. The identity of the artist is unknown.
60. Zigeunermonument - Hel en Vuur
The Gypsy Monument Hell and Fire on amsterdam's Museumplein is a bronze statue of a husband, wife and two children fleeing from a blazing fire. The statue stands on a masonry pedestal and is 3.50 m high. The maker is sculptor Heleen Levano.
The Beatrixpark is a city park in Amsterdam-Zuid, between the Boerenwetering, the Amsterdam RAI, the Ringweg-Zuid (A10), the Beethovenstraat, the Zuider Amstelkanaal and the Diepenbrockstraat. The park is located in the Prinses Irenebuurt.
62. Max Euwe
The Max Euwe Center (MEC) is a chess center on the Max Euweplein in Amsterdam. It contains a large chess library and a permanent exhibition about the only Dutch chess world champion, Max Euwe. It is located in a former house of detention.
The Rijckerbrug or Ryckerbrug is a fixed plate bridge between Amsterdam-Centrum and Amsterdam-West and runs over the Singelgracht. The bridge connects the Rozengracht after the intersection with the Nassaukade with the De Clercqstraat.
64. Fo Guang Sha He Hua Temple
The Fo Guang Shan He Hua Temple of the Fo Guang Shan is a Buddhist temple at Zeedijk numbers 108 to 116, Amsterdam Chinatown in Amsterdam. The name is pronounced "gguh ggwaa", and means lotus flower in Chinese.
65. De Bloem
De Bloem or De Blom is a windmill in Amsterdam on the Haarlemmerweg. The mill is also known as the 400 Roe, after the distance of 400 rods from the Haarlemmerpoort, which is about one and a half kilometers.
66. Museum Van Loon
Museum Van Loon is a museum located in a canalside house alongside the Keizersgracht in Amsterdam, Netherlands. The museum is named after the family Van Loon that lived in the house from the 19th century.
The Parish Church of the Holy Martyrs of Gorcum is a Roman Catholic church in Amsterdam-Watergraafsmeer. As a "Hofkerk", it is part of the Linnaeushof complex designed by architect Alexander Kropholler.
68. De Otter
De Otter is a paltrok mill in Amsterdam, Netherlands which has been restored to working order. As all Dutch paltrok mills it is a windpowered sawmill. The mill is listed as a Rijksmonument, number 1198.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.