Book tickets, guided tours and activities in Riga.
Guided Free Walking Tours
Book free guided walking tours in Riga.
Explore interesting sights in Riga, Latvia. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 32 sights are available in Riga, Latvia.Sightseeing Tours in Riga
1. Great GuildBook Free Tour*
The Large Guild is a building in Riga, Latvia. It is located near Livonian Square on 6 Amatu Street. The Large Guild was erected in the years 1854–1859 and built in English Gothic style with Gothic forms. It is one of the oldest public buildings in the Baltic states. The building is currently used as the Latvian National Symphony Orchestra concert hall.
2. Freedom Monument
The Freedom Monument is a monument located in Riga, Latvia, honouring soldiers killed during the Latvian War of Independence (1918–1920). It is considered an important symbol of the freedom, independence, and sovereignty of Latvia. Unveiled in 1935, the 42-metre (138 ft) high monument of granite, travertine, and copper often serves as the focal point of public gatherings and official ceremonies in Riga.
3. Old Riga
4. Reformed Church of Riga
The Riga Refformation Church is an old movie of reforms (Calvinist) Municipalities Street in 10, Old Riga. Currently, the church building belongs to the Latvian Evanglic Luteric church and LELB Youth Centre has been set up. The building is a monument of national importance. It is a barocal one-area wall building with a wooden division, a high two-slip roof against a goldmin, crowned by a small tower with a coupol and gallery. The facade is distributed rhythmically on a high-cap pilast, but the building tower is located so-called. Morning star. The entry portal for sandstone is set up in Bremen and installed in 1737. Two ladders of wooden are present in the entrance lobby, while the initial split of pilasts remained in the ceiling, mirror-weave. The combined altar and the organ balcony was built in 1805 classics style. In 1783, Heinrich Andreas Concius was installed and in 1847 the Sculce firm organs.
5. House of the Black Heads
The House of the Blackheads is a building situated in the old town of Riga, Latvia. The original building was erected in 1334 as a warehouse, meeting and celebration place for merchants. It was the biggest public building of Riga. From mid 15th century it was also used by Brotherhood of Blackheads, a guild for unmarried merchants, shipowners and foreigners in Riga. Major works were done in the early 17th century, adding most of the Mannerist ornamentation. In the 19th century some of the sculptures were made by the workshop of August Volz. Additionally, it is the site of the first decorated Christmas tree, which was erected in 1510.
6. Latvian fire fighting museum
The Latvian Fire Museum is a museum in Riga, whose exhibition introduces the history of fire from the middle of the 19th century to the present. It was opened on September 4, 1978. The museum is located in a building built in Riga, Hanzas Street 5, Riga, built in the Art Nouveau House built by the German -Baltic architect Reinhold George Schmeeling. The building is a local architectural monument. Once upon a time there was a fire depot in this building, and the buildings in one wing still have the State Fire and Rescue Service. The building is crowned by surveillance and hose drying tower with a baroque stylized point.
7. Riga Motor Museum
Riga Motor Museum is the biggest antique vehicle museum in the Baltic countries, located in Riga, Latvia. The museum is a state agency operating under the Republic of Latvia Ministry of Transport. Since 1992, the museum is a member of International Association of Transport and Communication Museums (IATM–ICOM), since 1994 a member of Latvian Museum Association, since 2002 – a member of Latvian Transport Development and Education Association. The museum is located at 6 Sergeja Eizenšteina Street in the Mežciems neighbourhood of Riga. The museum also features a café and a sports club.
8. Pharmacy Museum
The Latvian Museum of Pharmacy is a medical museum in Riga, Latvia. It was founded in 1987 in association with the Pauls Stradins Museum for History of Medicine and is located on Richard Wagner street in an18th century building which itself is an architectural monument. The museum is dedicated to understanding the development of pharmacy and pharmacies in Latvia and contains documents and books from the 17th- 19th century, pharmacist tools and devices for preparing drugs, and drugs which were manufactured in Latvia in the 1920s and 1930s
9. Latvian National Theatre
The Latvian National Theatre is one of the leading professional theatres in Latvia. The building is in the eclectic style and is an architectural and artistic monument. The country of Latvia was proclaimed in this building in the year 1918. On 23 February 2002, the theatre celebrated its 100th anniversary. The director of National Theatre of Latvia since 2006 has been Ojārs Rubenis.
10. Barklaja de Tolli piemineklis
The monument of Barklaja de Tolli is a monument to Russian War, Mihaelam Andreasm Barklai de Tolli. It is located in Esplanada, Riga, near Christ's Orthodox Cathedral of Orthodox Cathedral. The original monument was installed in 1913, two years later sculpture was dismantled, but the sculpture was preserved. In 2002, sculpture was restored in its historical place.
11. Museum of the history of Riga and navigation
Museum of the History of Riga and Navigation is housed by the Riga Dom Cathedral ensemble in the heart of the Old Riga, Latvia. It originated in 1773 as a private collection of Nikolaus von Himsel, a Riga doctor and, being one of the oldest museums in Europe, over the centuries it has grown into the largest collection of material evidence of the history of Riga.
12. Mangaļsalas bāka
Mangaļsala Lighthouse is a former lighthouse located on the eastern pier of the Düna estuary. It was in operation until 1998 and was replaced by a 7-meter-high metal tower. Now it is erected as a decorative monument on the city canal in the former "Schützengarten". The name is reminiscent of the former location on Magnusholm.
13. Daugavgriva lighthouse
Daugavgrīva Lighthouse is a lighthouse located in Daugavgrīva on the Bay of Riga on the Latvian coast of the Baltic Sea. The lighthouse was built in 1956, located next to Daugava River. Due to the change in the river's course, several lighthouses have been built, destroyed, and rebuilt again over the course of history.
14. St. James's Cathedral
St James's Cathedral is the Roman Catholic cathedral of Riga in Latvia. The cathedral is dedicated to Saint James the Greater. The building is part of the Old Riga UNESCO World Heritage Site and lies directly opposite the House of the Livonian Noble Corporation, the meeting place of Latvia's parliament the Saeima.
15. Latvijas dzelzceļa vēstures muzejs
Latvian Railway History Museum is a railway museum with expositions in Riga and in Jelgava, dedicated to the history of railway and its development in Latvia. The museum is a structural unit of the company "Latvijas dzelzceļš". The museum has the largest collection of wide-gauge vehicles in the Baltics.
16. Riga Circus
Riga Circus is a circus located at 4 Merķeļa Street in Riga. The circus building was opened on December 29, 1888. It is one of the oldest circus buildings in Europe and the only permanent circus building in the Baltic States. The circus is included in the list of state protected cultural monuments.
17. Pils laukums
Castle Square is a square near the Riga Castle in Old Riga. The square on other sides includes the building of Latvijas Banka, the former building of the Riga Imperial Lyceum, the former building of the Hotel "St. Petersburg", the Riga Church of Our Lady of Sorrows and other buildings.
18. Biķeru Svētās Katrīnas baznīca
The Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Holy Catherine of Bazi is the Latvian Evangelical Lutheran Church in Old Bikernieku Street 59, Riga, Latvia. The church was built in late baroque style from boulders, bricks and plastered. There is an ancient cemetery next to the church.
19. Museum of Decorative Arts and Design
The Latvian Museum of Decorative Arts and Design is an arts museum in Riga, Latvia. The museum was established on 1 January 1989 and opened to the public on 6 July 1989. It is located in the former church St. George's Church, Riga, the oldest surviving stone building in Riga.
Dauderi is a museum of historical and cultural rarities of ethnic Latvians from Germany - the philanthropist of Gaidis Graudins, who gave the city its collection of art objects associated with the history of Latvia. Open in 1990, located in Riga, in the Sarkandaugava area.
21. Vadošā gaisma Baltā baznīca
The top fire Baltā Baznīca is located in the Riga district of Vecmīlgrāvis (German Alt-Mühlgraben) and consists of three units: the orange signal light, which comes almost south of a church tower window, and two hooks with signal lights towards the port on the Düna.
22. The Latvian National Museum of Art
The Latvian National Museum of Art is the richest collection of national art in Latvia. It houses more than 52,000 works of art reflecting the development of professional art in the Baltic area and in Latvia from the middle of the 18th century until the present time.
23. Māras dārzs
Māra dzirnavu pond is an artificial water reservoir in Riga on Mārupīte between Torņakalns and Āgenskalns. The banks of the pond are flat, the bottom muddy. Runoff is regulated by the floodgates. Dwells linseed, pike, perch, carp, roach, carrion, crayfish.
24. St. Mary Magdalene's Church
The Roman Catholic Church and the Monastery of Riga Mary Magdalene are the Roman Catholic Church church at 2 Klastera Street, Old Riga. 13-17 Century architectural monument of national importance. Church services take place in Latgalian, Latvian and English.
25. Jaunatnes dārzs
Youth Garden is a small park in Riga, Āgenskalns between Lapu, Melnsila and Ernestines streets. Unofficially, it is also sometimes called Lermontov Park, since Lermontov Street and the 5th trolleybus stop of the same name are located next to it.
26. Anglikāņu baznīca
St. Saviour's Church is a congregation of the Church of England in Riga, Latvia. Its parish church is located at Anglikāņu iela 2. This is to the north of the old town centre (Vecrīga), close to Riga Castle and the banks of the Daugava River.
27. Riga Gheto and Latvian Holocaust museum
28. Māte Latvija
Brothers' Cemetery or Cemetery of the Brethren, also sometimes referred to in English as the Common Graves or simply as the Military Cemetery, is a military cemetery and national monument in Riga, capital of Latvia.
29. Svētā svētmocekļa Rīgas Jāņa nogalināšanas vieta
Archbishop John was the first Latvian Archbishop of the Latvian Orthodox Church, serving from 1921 to his assassination in 1934. He was also involved in politics, and was the leader of the Party of the Orthodox.
Schwarzmuiza, formerly Hagenshof, is a building of the owner of architect M. Holsta Celta Manor, Daugavgrīvas Street 19/21 in Agenskalns. The building burned down in 1812, restored in 1872, 1997 and 2017.
Torņakalns Memorial to Victims of Communist Terror is a monument located at Torņakalns Station in Riga, Latvia. The memorial place is dedicated to the residents of Latvia who were deported in June 1941.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.