Looking for premium sights?
Here you can book tickets, guided tours and other activities in Venice:Tickets and guided tours on Viator*
Want a guided Free Walking Tour?
Here you can book guided Free Walking Tours in Venice:Guided Free Walking Tours on GuruWalk*
Here you can find interesting sights in Venice, Italy. Click on a marker on the map to view details about the sight. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 41 sights are available in Venice, Italy.List of cities in Italy Sightseeing Tours in Venice
1. San PantalonBook Ticket*
The Chiesa di San Pantaleone Martire, known as San Pantalon in the Venetian dialect, is a church in the Dorsoduro sestiere of Venice, Italy. It is located on the Campo San Pantalon (square), and is dedicated to Saint Pantaleon.
2. Basilica di San Pietro di Castello
The Basilica di San Pietro di Castello, commonly called San Pietro di Castello, is a Roman Catholic minor basilica of the Patriarch of Venice located in the Castello sestiere of the Italian city of Venice. The present building dates from the 16th century, but a church has stood on the site since at least the 7th century. From 1451 to 1807, it was the city's cathedral church, though hardly playing the usual dominant role of a cathedral, as it was overshadowed by the "state church" of San Marco and inconveniently located. During its history, the church has undergone a number of alterations and additions by some of Venice's most prominent architects. Andrea Palladio received his first commission in the city of Venice from the Patriarch Vincenzo Diedo to rebuild the facade and interior of St Pietro, but Diedo's death delayed the project.
3. Chiesa dei Santi Apostoli
The Chiesa dei Santi Apostoli di Cristo, commonly called San Apostoli, is a 7th-century Roman Catholic church located in the Cannaregio sestiere of the Italian city of Venice. It is one of the oldest churches in the city and has undergone numerous changes since its foundation. The present building is the result of a major reconstruction project which was undertaken in 1575. The church is notable particularly for the Cornaro Chapel, an important example of Early Renaissance architecture, added by Mauro Codussi during the 1490s. The chapel is the burial place of several members of the powerful Cornaro family, including Catherine Cornaro, Queen of Cyprus and Armenia. The church houses several works of art including pieces by Giambattista Tiepolo and Paolo Veronese.
4. Chiesa di San Salvador
The Chiesa di San Salvatore is a church in Venice, northern Italy. Known in Venetian as San Salvador, is located on the Campo San Salvador, along the Merceria, the main shopping street of Venice. The church was first consecrated in 1177 by Pope Alexander III shortly after his reconciliation with Emperor Frederick Barbarossa at nearby San Marco. The present church, however, was begun in around 1508 by Giorgio Spavento and continued after his death the following year by Tullio Lombardo, Vincenzo Scamozzi and possibly Jacopo Sansovino. They built a large hall church, formed from three Greek crosses placed end to end. Each has a dome with a lantern to let light into the cavernous interior. The facade was added in 1663 by Giuseppe Sardi.
5. Parco Savorgnan
The Parco Savorgnan is a public park in the Venetian district (Sestiere) Cannaregio in the size of about 9500 m². It originally belonged to the neighbouring Palazzo Savorgnan, the residence of the Venetian noble family of the same name, which is now used for educational purposes. The old and partly exotic plant population was formerly protected by temporary greenhouses. Today, the park is owned by the Municipality and the Province of Venice and also includes the green area belonging to Palazzo Venier Manfrin. It is one of the rare inner-city green spaces of the lagoon city and is mainly used for recreational purposes. Remnants of the old garden staffage, such as a pavilion, are preserved.
6. Chiesa dei Santi Geremia e Lucia
The Church of San Geremia or rather Church of San Geremia profeta since 2018 also holds the title of Sanctuary of Santa Lucia or Sanctuary of Lucia. It is located in Venice in the Cannaregio district. It is an important building of worship of medieval origin, rebuilt on several occasions but in its current form only between the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. The structure is rich in works of art. It houses various illustrious relics on which stand the mortal remains of Saint Lucia of Syracuse, arrived in the church in the nineteenth century, following the demolition of the church of Santa Lucia located on the site of the Venice railway station.
7. Negozio Olivetti
The Olivetti store in Venice is a two-storey restaurant located in Piazza San Marco, designed by architect Carlo Scarpa. It is one of the most important and first in the world example of a flag shop. Itself classified as a building of national importance, it is one of the most representative works of integration of a modern intervention on a historic building protected by cultural heritage. Among the most famous works by Carlo Scarpa, it represents all his artistic personality and is one of the most significant and studied examples of design and architectural solutions conditioned by legislative and territorial constraints.
8. Accademia Gallery
The Gallerie dell'Accademia is a museum gallery of pre-19th-century art in Venice, northern Italy. It is housed in the Scuola della Carità on the south bank of the Grand Canal, within the sestiere of Dorsoduro. It was originally the gallery of the Accademia di Belle Arti di Venezia, the art academy of Venice, from which it became independent in 1879, and for which the Ponte dell'Accademia and the Accademia boat landing station for the vaporetto water bus are named. The two institutions remained in the same building until 2004, when the art school moved to the Ospedale degli Incurabili.
9. Peggy Guggenheim Collection
The Peggy Guggenheim Collection is an art museum on the Grand Canal in the Dorsoduro sestiere of Venice, Italy. It is one of the most visited attractions in Venice. The collection is housed in the Palazzo Venier dei Leoni, an 18th-century palace, which was the home of the American heiress Peggy Guggenheim for three decades. She began displaying her private collection of modern artworks to the public seasonally in 1951. After her death in 1979, it passed to the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation, which opened the collection year-round from 1980.
10. Santa Maria del Rosario (Gesuati)
Santa Maria del Rosario, commonly known as I Gesuati, is an 18th-century Dominican church in the Sestiere of Dorsoduro, on the Giudecca canal in Venice, northern Italy. The classical style building has a well-lit interior and is exceptional in preserving its original layout and Rococo decoration intact. The church and almost all its sculpture and paintings were created within a thirty-year period: construction began in 1725, the church was consecrated in 1743, and the last sculptural decoration was in place by 1755.
11. Museo Diocesano
The Diocesan Museum of Sacred Art "Sant'Apollonia" is a museum in Venice, wanted by Patriarch Albino Luciani, opened to the public in 1977 on the occasion of the exhibition dedicated to the restoration of the bronze horses of St. Mark's Basilica, was officially inaugurated on October 4, 1980. It is located in the Benedictine monastery once on the island Ammiana, near Torcello, now disappeared. The Diocesan Museum of Sacred Art has been closed since 2019 and has not been transferred to the Pinacoteca Manfrediniana.
12. Palazzo Loredan Cini
The Palazzo Loredan Cini is a Gothic-style palace located between the Palazzo Balbi Valier and the Rio San Vio on the Grand Canal, in the sestiere of Dorsoduro, Venice, Italy. The palace was formed from the amalgamation of the former Palazzo Foscari-Loredan with the adjacent Palazzo Grimani. The narrow facade on the Canal has no entrance, but the facade to the north on the Rio, has a single water door, and is connected to the adjacent campo by a bridge. The facade is decorated with two poliforas.
13. Ca' Vendramin Calergi - Casinò di Venezia
Ca' Loredan Vendramin Calergi is a 15th-century palace on the Grand Canal in the sestiere (quarter) of Cannaregio in Venice, northern Italy. It was commissioned by the patrician Loredan dynasty, namely Andrea Loredan, and paid for by Doge Leonardo Loredan, with construction starting in 1481. The architecturally distinguished building was the home of many prominent people through history and was the place where composer Richard Wagner died.
14. Chiesa delle Eremite
Le Eremite is a small Catholic church in the Dorsoduro area of Venice, Italy. It was built at the end of the 17th century for Augustinian nuns. It formed part of a larger complex which included a convent and schools run by the nuns. The schools ran until the middle of the last century and taught children of all ages - from infants to high school. The church is dedicated to Jesus, Mary and Joseph. Construction was completed in 1694.
15. Basilica di San Giorgio Maggiore
San Giorgio Maggiore is a 16th-century Benedictine church on the island of the same name in Venice, northern Italy, designed by Andrea Palladio, and built between 1566 and 1610. The church is a basilica in the classical Renaissance style and its brilliant white marble gleams above the blue water of the lagoon opposite the Piazzetta di San Marco and forms the focal point of the view from every part of the Riva degli Schiavoni.
16. Molino Stucky
The Molino Stucky is a Neo-Gothic building in Venice, on the western end of Giudecca island, near the ancient village Fortuny. It was designed by Ernst Wullekopf and built between 1884 and 1895 by the Swiss businessman Giovanni Stucky, whose father had married into the Italian Forti family and moved to the Veneto. It was first built as a flour mill supplied by boats across the lagoon and also operated as a pasta factory.
17. St Mark's Basilica
The Patriarchal Cathedral Basilica of Saint Mark, commonly known as St Mark's Basilica, is the cathedral church of the Catholic Patriarchate of Venice; it became the episcopal seat of the Patriarch of Venice in 1807, replacing the earlier cathedral of San Pietro di Castello. It is dedicated to and holds the relics of Saint Mark the Evangelist, the patron saint of the city.
18. St Mark's Campanile
St Mark's Campanile is the bell tower of St Mark's Basilica in Venice, Italy. The current campanile is a reconstruction completed in 1912, the previous tower having collapsed in 1902. At 98.6 metres (323 ft) in height, it is the tallest structure in Venice and is colloquially termed "el paròn de casa". It is one of the most recognizable symbols of the city.
19. Arsenale di Venezia
The Venetian Arsenal is a complex of former shipyards and armories clustered together in the city of Venice in northern Italy. Owned by the state, the Arsenal was responsible for the bulk of the Venetian republic's naval power from the late Middle Ages to the early modern period. It was "one of the earliest large-scale industrial enterprises in history".
20. Chiesa di Santa Maria delle Penitenti
The church of Santa Maria delle Penitenti, is part of a large complex: Pio Loco delle Penitenti, located on the canal Cannaregio, near its exit to the lagoon facing Mestre, in the Northwest edge of Venice, Italy. It gained its name as a charitable institution providing an alternative life to former prostitutes, akin to a Magdalene asylum.
21. Submarine S513 Enrico Dandolo
The Toti class were submarines built for the Italian Navy in the 1960s. They were the first submarines designed and built in Italy since World War II. These boats were small and designed as "hunter killer" anti-submarine submarines. They are comparable to the German Type 205 submarines and the French Aréthuse-class submarines.
22. Chiesa di San Giorgio dei Greci
San Giorgio dei Greci is a church in the sestiere (neighborhood) of Castello, Venice, northern Italy. It was the center of the Scuola dei Greci, the Confraternity of the Greeks in Venice. Around this period there was a similar church in Naples called Santi Pietro e Paolo dei Greci. There was also a Greek Brotherhood of Naples.
23. Chiesa di San Samuele
San Samuele is a church in Venice, northern Italy. It is located in the eponymous campo near Palazzo Grassi and Palazzo Malipiero. The facade is set back on the campo, but faces and is visible from the Grand Canal. It is named after the Biblical Samuel, because in the interior are housed relics traditionally attributed to him.
24. Historic Naval Museum
The Museo Storico Navale is a naval history museum located in the Castello district of Venice, near the Venetian Arsenal. The museum was established by the Regia Marina in 1919. Its collections include items relating to the naval and maritime history of Venice, and it has a large number of ship models and weapons on display.
25. Chiesa di San Simeone Profeta
San Simeone Profeta, also known as San Simeone Grande is a church in the sestiere of Santa Croce in Venice, Italy. The adjective Grande distinguishes this church from the San Simeone Piccolo, which was smaller in size until its 18th-century reconstruction. The near palaces are Palazzo Gradenigo and Palazzo Soranzo Cappello.
26. Marciana National Library
The Marciana Library or Library of Saint Mark is a public library in Venice, Italy. It is one of the earliest surviving public libraries and repositories for manuscripts in Italy and holds one of the world's most significant collections of classical texts. It is named after St Mark, the patron saint of the city.
27. Chiesa di San Zaccaria
The Church of San Zaccaria is a 15th-century former monastic church in central Venice, Italy. It is a large edifice, located in the Campo San Zaccaria, just off the waterfront to the southeast of Piazza San Marco and St Mark's Basilica. It is dedicated to St. Zechariah, the father of John the Baptist.
28. San Raffaele Arcangelo
The Chiesa dell'Angelo Raffaele is a church in Venice, northern Italy, located in the Dorsoduro sestiere. San Raffaele Arcangelo church is one of the only two churches in Venice that are possible to walk all around. It is located in Dorsoduro neighbourhood, close to San Basilio water bus stop.
29. Palazzo Barbarigo
Palazzo Barbarigo is a palace situated facing the Grand Canal of Venice, Italy. It is not to be confused with the Palazzo Barbarigo Minotto and Palazzo Barbarigo della Terrazza, both also on the Grand Canal, and other palazzi, and several villas, once owned by the Barbarigo family.
30. Chiesa di San Giobbe
The Church of St Job is a 15th-century Roman Catholic church located overlooking the campo of the same name, known as Sant'Agiopo in Venetian dialect, on the south bank of the Cannaregio canal near Ponte dei Tre Archi in the sestiere of Cannaregio of Venice, northern Italy,
31. Squero de San Trovaso
The squero of San Trovaso is one of the oldest and most famous Venetian squeri. The squero is the classic shipyard where small boats were built and repaired such as gondolas, pupparini, sandoli, s'ciopóni and other boats typical of the Venetian naval tradition.
32. Chiesa di San Sebastian
San Sebastiano is a church in the Venetian sestiere Dorsoduro. It contains a considerable part of Paolo Veronese's life's work. In the church there are also sculptures by Alessandro Vittoria, as well as Veronese's tomb on the left in front of the side altar.
33. Chiesa San Marcuola
The church of San Marcuola is a religious building facing the Grand Canal and located in the sestiere of Cannaregio in Venice, Italy. It is dedicated to the saints Hermagoras and Fortunatus. Palazzo Memmo Martinengo Mandelli is a neighboring building.
34. Chiesa delle Cappuccine
Capuchin Church is a church in Venice, located in Canaregio District. The church is dedicated to Mary and St. Francis, but takes its name from the monastery, which was built in the early 17th century and demolished after Napoleon's crackdown.
35. San Nicola da Tolentino
The Chiesa di San Nicolò da Tolentino, commonly known as the Tolentini, is a church in the sestiere of Santa Croce in Venice, northern Italy. It lies in a Campo of the same name and along the Rio dei Tolentini, near the Giardino Papadopoli.
36. Chiesa di Sant'Alvise
Sant'Alvise is a church in the sestiere of Cannaregio in Venice, northern Italy. According to tradition, it was built by Antonia Venier in 1338 and dedicated to St. Louis of Toulouse, and located next to an adjacent convent.
37. Casa dei Tre Oci
The Casa dei Tre Oci or Casa di Maria is a modern, neo-gothic palace located in the island of Giudecca of the sestiere of Dorsoduro, in Venice. The facade is visible across the Giudecca Canal from the Church of the Zitelle.
38. Chiesa del Nome di Gesù
The Church of the Name of Jesus is a religious building in the city of Venice, located in the sestiere of Santa Croce, between the first stretch of the Ponte della Libertà and the church of Sant'Andrea della Zirada.
39. Chiesa di San Lazzaro dei Mendicanti
San Lazzaro dei Mendicanti is an ancient church in the sestiere of Castello, Venice, northern Italy, with a facade facing a Rio of the same name. It now serves as the chapel of the Civic Hospital of Venice.
40. Chiesa di Santa Maria della Pieta
The church of Santa Maria della Pietà or della Visitazione is a prominent church in the sestiere of Castello in Venice, Italy. It is sited on the Riva degli Schiavoni, a short walk from the Doge's Palace.
41. Chiesa dell'Ospedaletto
Santa Maria dei Derelitti, commonly known as the church of the Ospedaletto, is a Renaissance-style, consecrated church in the Calle della Barbaria delle Tole of the sestiere of Castello, Venice, Italy.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.