19 Sights in Trento, Italy (with Map and Images)
Here you can book tickets, guided tours and other activities in Trento:Tickets and guided tours on Viator*
Explore interesting sights in Trento, Italy. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 19 sights are available in Trento, Italy.List of cities in Italy Sightseeing Tours in Trento
1. Forte Alto
The fortified complex of Mattarello is a set of three Austro-Hungarian fortifications that are part of the Fortress of Trento and are located in Mattarello, a fraction of the municipality of Trento. It belongs to the great system of Austrian fortifications on the Italian border and in particular to the complex system of fortifications of the southern front of the Fortress of Trento in the defense sector I. Together with the fort Romagnano served as a barrier of the Adige Valley from the south.
2. Palazzo delle Albere
Palazzo delle Albere is a Renaissance villa-fortress in Trento, northern Italy. It was built during the 16th century by the Madruzzo family of prince-bishops of Trento. It takes its name from the rows of poplars that once led to the castle; it is surrounded by a park, now smaller than once because it is crossed by the Brenner Railway and partly occupied by the Trento Monumental Cemetery. It has a square plan, with four square, 6 m-wide and 20 m tall corner towers, surrounded by a ditch.
3. Palazzo Geremia
Palazzo Geremia is a Renaissance building located in Trento, in via Rodolfo Bezenzani, built between the end of the fifteenth and the beginning of the 16th century at the behest of the Veronese merchant Giovanni Antonio Pona, called Jeremiah, bringing together several buildings on the previous era. Located in front of Palazzo Thun, home of the Town Hall of Trento, today it houses the meeting room of the city council and a exhibition room.
4. Santa Maria Maggiore
The Church of Santa Maria Maggiore is an important place of worship in the city of Trento, and the site of the Third Session of the Council of Trent. It was built by Antonio Medaglia on the model of the basilica of Sant'Andrea in Mantua, at the wish of the Prince-Archbishop Bernardo Clesio. In November 1973 Pope Paul VI accorded it the status of minor cathedral.
5. Monumento a Dante Alighieri
The Monument to Dante of Trento is a sculptural group dedicated to Dante Alighieri, the work of the Florentine artist Cesare Zocchi, located in the park in front of the railway station. It was created as a symbol of the Italian language and the Italianness of the city in 1896 when Trentino was the territory of the County of Tyrol, in the Austro-Hungarian Empire.
6. Ciclo dei mesi
The Cycle of the Months is a sequence of frescoes located in Trento, in the Torre dell'Aquila in the Buonconsiglio Castle, attributed to the master Wenceslas. They date back to the late fourteenth century-early fifteenth and are the best example of international Gothic in Trentino and one of the most significant in northern Italy.
7. Mausoleo di Cesare Battisti
The mausoleum of Cesare Battisti is located on the hill of Doss Trento, was designed by the architect Ettore Fagiuoli in 1935 and inaugurated on May 26 of that year – in the presence of Vittorio Emanuele III of Savoy and Achille Starace, secretary of the PNF – with the translation of the Fallen from the cemetery of Trento.
8. Fontana del Nettuno
The fountain of Neptune is located in Piazza Duomo in Trento, where it was customary to install the "fire machine" for the feast of San Vigilio, and was built on a project by the sculptor Francesco Antonio Giongo di Lavarone between 1767 and 1769. For this fountain the sculptor designed a system of uninterrupted water flow.
The Muse is the Trento Science Museum. It is located south of the historic Palazzo delle Albere, in a building inside the residential neighborhood, the cars, both designed by Renzo Piano. It was inaugurated on 27 July 2013 and replaced, continuing its activities, the Tridentine Museum of Natural Sciences.
10. Museo Gianni Caproni
The Gianni Caproni Museum of Aeronautics is Italy's oldest aviation museum, as well as the country's oldest corporate museum. It was established in 1927 as the Caproni Museum by Italian aviation pioneer and aeronautical engineer, Giovanni Battista "Gianni" Caproni and his wife, Timina Guasti Caproni.
11. Forte Bus de Vela - Straßensperre Bus de Vela
The bus cut Bus De Vela, in German Straßensperre Bus de Vela and today popularly known as Forte di Cadine, is one of the Austro-Hungarian forts belonging to the fortress of Trento. The fort is located in Cadine and belongs to the large system of Austrian fortifications on the Italian border.
12. Cattedrale di San Vigilio
The Metropolitan Cathedral of San Vigilio, generally known as the Cathedral of Trento, is the main church of the Archdiocese of Trento. In Romanesque style, it is located in the homonymous square of the city above an ancient early Christian basilica. It is an Italian national monument.
13. Chiesa di Sant'Agata
The church of Sant'Agata, or church of Sant'Agata e Santa Lucia, is a church in the municipality of Trento, located on top of the Dosso Sant'Agata, above the hamlet of Povo; it is subsidiary of the church of Saints Peter and Andrew in Povo.
14. Batteria Roncogno
The Roncogno battery is one of the Austro-Hungarian fortresses belonging to the Fortress of Trento, near the town of Celva at the Cimirlo pass. The fort belongs to the great Austrian fortification system on the Italian border.
15. Forte Brusafer
The Brusafer battery or also known as the Brusaferro battery is an Austro-Hungarian fortification that is part of the Fortress of Trento. The fort belongs to the great Austrian fortification system on the Italian border.
16. Forte Casara
Fort Casara is one of the Austro-Hungarian forts belonging to the Fortress of Trento. The fort is located between Montevaccino and Cognola; It belongs to the great system of Austrian fortifications on the Italian border.
17. Abbazia di San Lorenzo
San Lorenzo Church is a Catholic church in Trento, Italy. It formerly belonged to the Order of St Benedict and later to the Order of Missionary Friars, usually led by a monk from the Order of Little Monkey Friars.
18. Torre Vanga
Torre Vanga is a historic building in Trento built in 1210 and now owned by the Autonomous Province of Trento. It is one of the most significant medieval monuments of the city and is located in Via Prepositura.
19. Palazzo Trentini
Palazzo Trentini is a palace located in Trento, in via Manci, built in the mid-eighteenth century by the family of the barons Trentini. The building houses the Council of the Autonomous Province of Trento.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.