Explore interesting sights in Padua, Italy. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 40 sights are available in Padua, Italy.Sightseeing Tours in Padua
1. Torre dell'OrologioBook Ticket*
Torre dell'Orologio, is a clock tower located in the Piazza (Plaza) Dei Signori and positioned between the Palazzo (Palace) del Capitanio and the Palazzo dei Camerlenghi in Padua, or Padova, Italy. It is also referred to as the astronomical clock of Padua.
2. Palazzo della RagioneBook Ticket*
The Palazzo della Ragione is a medieval market hall, town hall and palace of justice building in Padua, in the Veneto region of Italy. The upper floor was dedicated to the town and justice administration; while the ground floor still hosts the historical covered market of the city. The palace separates the two market squares of Piazza delle Erbe from Piazza dei Frutti. It is popularly called "il Salone" . It is part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Padua's 14th-century fresco cycles.
3. San Tomaso Becket
The church of San Tomaso Cantuariense, also known as the church of San Tomaso or Tommaso is a religious building that overlooks the "strà di San Tomaso" now via San Tomaso in the district of Castel Vecchio in Padua. The building, named after Tommaso Becket, was once a parish entrusted to the Filipino Fathers, is now a parish run by secular clergy belonging to the vicariate of the Cathedral. Inside the church there is an important collection of relics including the heart of St. Philip Neri and a portrait of him who sweated 27 times in 1632. The rich interior decoration includes works by authors of the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries such as Pietro Liberi, Francesco Maffei, Onofrio Gabrieli.
4. Chiesa di San Pietro
St. Petero Apostolo Church is a religious building located on St. Petero Avenue in Padua. This church has existed since the 4th century, although it was rebuilt at the end of the 11th century. Until 1809, it was the diocese and church of Benedictine nuns, who were given canonical titles under a 9th-century royal privilege. On April 22, 866, Ludwig II merged it with Bishop Patvi. The church is an extraordinary complex of buildings, overlapping architectural and decorative phenomena from the Middle Ages to Neo-Gothic. Today, it is the rector of the cathedral.
5. Chiesa della Beata Vergine Maria Immacolata
The church of the Madonna Immacolata also known as the church of Santa Maria Iconia, is a religious building that stands in Borgo Portello, now Via Belzoni in Padua. The current building was built in the fifties of the nineteenth century on a previous medieval, dedicated to Santa Maria Iconia which was first of the Knights Templar, then commandery of the Knights of Malta who made it, with San Giovanni Battista delle Navi, until the Napoleonic ecclesiastical suppressions. Inside it preserves the body of Blessed Antonio Manzoni called "the Pilgrim".
6. Castello Carrarese
The Castelvecchio, formerly called Castello della Torlonga but today also known as Castello di Ezzelino, or Castello Carrarese or Castello di Padova, is a fortification of early medieval origin located on the bifurcation of the Bacchiglione where it is divided into Tronco Maestro and Naviglio interior. It owes its current characteristics to the lordship of the Da Carrara family. During the nineteenth and twentieth centuries it was largely used as a state prison while the keep, the Torlonga, is from the eighteenth century the city Specola.
7. Chiesa del Beato Antonio Pellegrino
The church of Beato Antonio Pellegrino is a religious building of Renaissance origin that stands in Contrà San Giacomo, now Via Beato Pellegrino in Padua. The church, formerly of the Benedictine nuns, preserved the remains of Blessed Antonio Manzoni called "the Pilgrim" placed today in the church of the Immaculate. Now it is a church officiated by the Romanian community of the Roman rite. The monastic complex of which it was part, after being used as a hospital, is now largely occupied by the University of Padua.
8. Museo di Storia della Medicina in Padova (MUSME)
The Museum of History of Medicine of Padua (Musme) is a museum open to the public since 2015 and located inside the ancient hospital of San Francesco Grande, next to the church of San Francesco Grande in Padua. The museum, through its interactive tools and collections, illustrates the evolution of medical science to the public of all ages and education over the centuries, with particular reference to the history of medicine in the University of Padua, one of the most important schools medical in the West.
9. Chiesa di San Fermo
The church of Saints Fermo and Rustico, better known as the church of San Fermo, is a religious building of early medieval origin overlooking Via San Fermo in Padua. It is to be counted among the oldest in the city. Already a parish, it became for a period subject to the parish of San Leonardo; now it is a subsidiary church to the Basilica del Carmine, officiated on days of obligation by the Sri Lankan Catholic community. Currently it is devoid of all the works and furnishings.
10. Chiesa di Santa Maria dei Servi
Santa Maria dei Servi, or simply known as the Chiesa dei Servi, or more fully as the Church of the Nativity of the Servants of the Blessed Virgin Mary, is a 14th-century, Roman Catholic church that faces the Via Roma in Padua, region of the Veneto, Italy. This is the parish church in the vicariate of the Cathedral Basilica of Santa Maria Assunta governed by the Servite Order. The church contains outstanding works of art including a wooden crucifix by Donatello.
11. Villa Molin
Villa Molin is a patrician residence in the neighborhood of Mandria, in Ponte della Cagna, south of Padua, in the Veneto region of northern Italy. It was designed for Nicolò Molin, a Venetian noble, by Vincenzo Scamozzi and completed in 1597. It faces Mandriola, on the opposite side of the Canale di Battaglia. The original agricultural setting of the villa, composed of pasture and orchards, has given way to a residential dormitory community of Padua.
12. Chiesa di San Benedetto Novello
The church of San Benedetto Novello is a religious building of medieval origin that rises towards Riviera San Benedetto, in Padua. It was built with the adjoining monastery to accommodate the male Benedictine community that came out of the "double" monastery of San Benedetto Vecchio, although it then passed to the Olivetani. Today, the church and monastery entitled to the Visitation of Santa Maria, belong to a community of cloistered nuns.
13. Santa Sofia
Santa Sofia is the oldest Roman Catholic church structure in the city of Padua, region of Veneto, Italy. It was built in the 10th century on the site of a presumed Mithraeum. A grant was made to bishop Sinibaldo of this church in 1123, which had already been in construction. The Romanesque stone and brick facade was constructed from 1106 to 1127, but the semicircular apse may date from earlier. The interior is now relatively bare.
14. Placido Cortese
The list of stumbling blocks in Veneto contains the list of stumbling blocks placed in Veneto. They commemorate the Venetian victims of the persecution of the Nazi-fascist regime as part of an initiative by the German artist Gunter Demnig extended to the whole of Europe. The first stumbling block in Veneto was placed in Venice on January 12, 2014 in memory of the deportees from the Jewish Retirement House in Cannaregio 2874.
15. Orto Botanico di Padova
The Orto Botanico di Padova is a botanical garden in Padua, in the northeastern part of Italy. Founded in 1545 by the Venetian Republic, it is the world's oldest academic botanical garden that is still in its original location. The garden – operated by the University of Padua and owned by the Italian government – encompasses roughly 22,000 square meters, and is known for its special collections and historical design.
16. Church of Eremitani
The Church of the Eremitani, or Church of the Hermits, is a former-Augustinian, 13th-century Gothic-style church in Padua, region of the Veneto, Italy. It is also now notable for being adjacent to the Cappella Scrovegni with Giotto frescoes and the municipal archeology and art gallery: the Musei Civici agli Eremitani, which is housed in the former Augustinian monastery located to the left of the entrance.
17. Monumento equestre al Gattamelata
The Equestrian Statue of Gattamelata is an Italian Renaissance sculpture by Donatello, dating from 1453, today in the Piazza del Santo in Padua, Italy. It portrays the condottiero Erasmo da Narni, known as "Gattamelata", who served mostly under the Republic of Venice, which ruled Padua at the time. It is the first full-size equestrian statue of the Italian Renaissance.
18. Loggia Amulea
The Loggia Amulea is a neo-Gothic palace located in Prato della Valle, the largest square in Padua. The palace was the headquarters of the fire brigade of Padua from 1906 to 1989; later it houses some municipal offices. The front of the building is characterized by an elegant loggia; In the room adjacent to the large balcony, civil marriages are sometimes celebrated.
19. Chiesa di Sant'Antonio di Vienna
The church of Sant'Antonio Abate, known as the church of Sant'Antonio di Vienna, is a medieval religious building that stands in Contrà Savonarola, in Padua. The building was part of a religious complex first occupied by the Canons of St. Anthony of Vienne and then by the Lateran Canons. Today it is officiated as a chapel of the Don Nicola Mazza University College.
20. Chiesa di San Francesco
The church dedicated to saint Francis of Assisi, known for centuries as San Francesco Grande is a religious building on the Via San Francesco, previously overlooks the Contra porteghi high in Padua, Italy. Through the efforts of Baldo de Bonafarii and Sibilla de Cetto, the convent of the Friars Minor and the Hospital of Saint Francis, Major, operated until 1798.
21. Museo della Fisica Giovanni Poleni
The Museum of the History of Physics is located at the Department of Physics and Astronomy "Galileo Galilei" of the University of Padua. The museum preserves a collection of ancient scientific instruments closely linked to the scientific past of the University of Padua, which since the eighteenth century was characterized by innovation and experimental vocation.
22. Santuario dell'Arcella
The Sanctuary of Arcella, popularly known as Sant'Antonino, is a Roman Catholic church located in the neighborhood of Arcella, just north of the city of Padua, region of Veneto, Italy. The sanctuary preserves the room in which St Anthony of Padua died on June 13, 1231. Today it also serves as a parish church, ministered by monks of the Franciscan order.
23. San Leopoldo Mandić
Leopold Maria Mandić, OFMCap was a Croatian Capuchin friar and Catholic priest, who suffered from disabilities that would plague his speech and stature. He developed tremendous spiritual strength in spite of his disabilities and became extremely popular in his ministry as a confessor, often spending 12–15 hours in the confessional.
24. Abbey of Santa Giustina
The Abbey of Santa Giustina is a 10th-century Benedictine abbey complex located in front of the Prato della Valle in central Padua, region of Veneto, Italy. Adjacent to the former monastery is the basilica church of Santa Giustina, initially built in the 6th century, but whose present form derives from a 17th-century reconstruction.
25. Chiesa di San Benedetto Vecchio
The church of San Benedetto Abate called for centuries the church of San Benedetto Vecchio is a building of medieval origin overlooking the Riviera San Benedetto, towards the Bacchiglione, in Padua. The building was built with the adjoining Benedictine monastery at the behest of Blessed Girolamo Forzatè.
26. Tomba di Antenore
The Tomb of Antenor, also called the Sepulchre of Antenore, is a 13th-century monument created to honor an unearthed ancient sarcophagus, claimed to be that of the Trojan warrior and counselor Antenor, the legendary founder of Padua; it is located in Piazza Antenore, in Padua, region of Veneto, Italy.
27. Tempio della Pace
The Church of the Holy Name of Jesus, better known as the Temple of Peace, is a place of Catholic worship and shrine in Padua, located in Via Niccolò Tommaseo, not far from the railway station; It is the seat of the homonymous parish, belonging to the Cathedral vicariate of the Diocese of Padua.
28. Porta Liviana
The Porta Liviana was one of the main gateways of the sixteenth-century walls of Padua. Also known as Porta Ponte Corvo, from the name of the place where it stands, it is called Liviana in honor of Bartolomeo d'Alviano, the Renaissance leader and strategist who designed the defenses of Padua.
29. Chiesa di San Canziano
The Church of San Canciano is a medieval religious building located in the center of Padua, near Elbe Square. At present, she is the rector of the pastor of the Christian Legion. It is the only church in the Parish of Padua where festive services are held in the form of a 1962 Roman ritual.
30. Palazzo Zabarella
The Palazzo Zabarella is a medieval, fortress-like palace with a crenellated roof-line, and corner tower, located on Via San Francesco 27 in the center of Padua, Italy. The building now houses the Fondazione Bano, and serves as a locale for cultural events and exhibition.
31. Chiesa delle Dimesse
The church of Santa Maria Assunta delle Dimesse better known as the church of the Dimesse is a seventeenth-eighteenth-century religious building that stands in the district of the Dimesse in Padua. The church is part of the College of the Noble Dismissed founded in 1615.
32. Cappella di San Giacomo (Altichiero)
The chapel of San Giacomo or San Felice is located in the basilica of Sant'Antonio in Padua. Initially it was dedicated to St. James, from whom it took its name: in 1503 the relics of Pope Felix II were transferred here and therefore the chapel was dedicated to him.
33. Loggia e Odeo Cornaro
The Loggia and Odeo Cornaro are two Renaissance buildings, built in the 16th century for the humanist Alvise Cornaro and hosting theater and music performances, locate in via Cesarotti 37 in Padua, region of Veneto, Italy. They are now part of the city's museums.
34. Scrovegni Chapel
The Scrovegni Chapel, also known as the Arena Chapel, is a small church, adjacent to the Augustinian monastery, the Monastero degli Eremitani in Padua, region of Veneto, Italy. The chapel and monastery are now part of the complex of the Musei Civici di Padova.
The Padua Baptistery, dedicated to St. John the Baptist, is a religious building found on the Piazza del Duomo next to the cathedral in Padua. Preserved inside is one of the most important fresco cycles of the 14th century, a masterpiece by Giusto de Menabuoi.
36. Villa Giusti
Villa Giusti or Villa Giusti del Giardino is a villa in Mandria, outside of Padua in northern Italy. It is notable for being the site of the signing of the Armistice of Villa Giusti that ended the First World War on the Italian Front.
37. ex-Convento di Sant'Orsola
The convent of Sant'Orsola di Padova was a religious building of medieval origin, founded by Enrico Scrovegni, now used as a private residence, located along the Roncajette river in the district of San Gregorio Magno.
38. Duomo di Padova
Padua Cathedral, or Basilica Cathedral of Saint Mary of the Assumption, is a Catholic church and minor basilica located on the east end of Piazza Duomo, adjacent to the bishop's palace in Padua, Veneto, Italy.
39. Chiesa di Sant'Andrea
Sant'Andrea is a Roman Catholic church located on Via Sant'Andrea in Padua, region of Veneto, Italy. Founded by the 12th-century as a parish church, the present church was completed in the late 19th century.
40. Chiesa di San Clemente
San Clemente, or St Clement, is a Baroque-style Roman Catholic church that overlooks the Piazza dei Signori in Padua, Italy. It is currently a dependent of the Cathedral Basilica of Santa Maria Assunta.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.