Looking for premium sights?
Here you can book tickets, guided tours and other activities in Genoa:Get tickets and guided tours now *
Here you can find interesting sights in Genoa, Italy. Click on a marker on the map to view details about the sight. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 80 sights are available in Genoa, Italy.Back to the list of cities in Italy
1. Chiesa di San Pancrazio
The church of San Pancrazio is found in central Genoa, in front of the piazza named after the same saint. A church at the site was first linked to the nearby Benedictine Abbey of San Siro in the 11th century. A document from the 16th century notes that the church had been for centuries endowed by prominent Genoese families including the Calvi and Pallavicini. The present layout dates into the 18th century. In 1684, the church was demolished by the bombardment of Genoa by the naval forces of Louis XIV of France. The architect Antonio Maria Ricca designed the present structure. The church was again damaged by aerial bombing during the Second World War. It is now attached to the Sovereign Military Order of Malta as evidenced by the cross above the portal.
2. Lanterna di Genova
The Lighthouse of Genoa, is the main lighthouse for the city's port. Besides being an important aid to night navigation in the vicinity, the tower serves as a symbol and a landmark for the City of Genoa. Built of masonry, at 76 m (249 ft) it is the world's fifth tallest lighthouse and the second tallest "traditional" one. Between 1543 and the construction of the lighthouse on Île Vierge, France in 1902, it was the tallest lighthouse in the world. When measured as a whole with the natural rock on which it stands, as it is commonly perceived and represented, its height is 117 m (383 ft), which would make it the second tallest lighthouse in the world, the tallest in Europe, and the tallest traditional lighthouse.
3. Cattedrale di San Lorenzo
Genoa Cathedral or Metropolitan Cathedral of Saint Lawrence is a Roman Catholic cathedral in the Italian city of Genoa. It is dedicated to Saint Lawrence, and is the seat of the Archbishop of Genoa. The cathedral was consecrated by Pope Gelasius II in 1118 and was built between the twelfth century and the fourteenth century as fundamentally a medieval building, with some later additions. Secondary naves and side covers are of Romanesque style and the main facade is Gothic from the early thirteenth century, while capitals and columns with interior corridors date from the early fourteenth century. The bell tower and dome were built in the sixteenth century.
4. Villa Rosazza
Villa di Negro Rosazza called "dello Scoglietto" or "Lo Scoglietto" is a villa in Genoa, located in Piazza Dinegro 3, in the San Teodoro district, the Central-West Town Hall. It was built in 1565 for the doge Ambrogio di Negro or for his son Orazio in an area who, at the time, was outside the city walls, in an panoramic position on the sea. Passed to the Durazzo family, it was remodeled in neoclassical style at the end of the eighteenth century by the architect cutter. In the nineteenth century, the construction of the Turin-Genova railway line compromised its integrity of the park and led to the construction of new access ramps to the road surface.
5. Galata Museo del Mare
The Galata - Museo del mare is a maritime museum in the Italian city of Genoa. It is the largest museum of its kind in the Mediterranean area and also one of the most modern in Italy. The museum is located on the grounds of the Porto Antico, in the Palazzo Galata in the Darsena district, where galleys were built in the Republic of Genoa era. It is close to downtown Genoa, the Port of Genoa, and within walking distance of Genova Principe train station and Darsena metro stop. It opened in 2004 as part of Genoa's 2004 European Capital of Culture celebration.
6. Cappella di San Filippo Neri
Villa Lomellini Rosan is a noble villa located in the Multedo district, today on the western outskirts of Genoa. For its magnificence and the beauty of its gardens, before the industrial development of the second half of the twentieth century devastated the surrounding area, it was an important point of cultural and landscape reference for this area of the Genoese west. It is located a short distance from the mouth of Varenna, which marks the border between the Pegli district and that of Multedo.
7. Chiesa di Santa Maria in Passione
The church of Santa Maria in passion was a religious building in the historic center of Genoa, located in the square of the same name on the hill of Castello, in the Molo district. Closed in the nineteenth century for the laws of suppression of the religious orders issued by the Sabaudo government, the complex including the Church was first transformed into the barracks and finally became the seat of the O. N. M. I. , before being almost completely destroyed during the Second World War.
8. Chiesa di Santa Maria Maddalena
The church of Santa Maria Maddalena and San Gerolamo Emiliani, simply known as the Church of Maddalena, is a religious building located in the homonymous square of the historic center of Genoa; The church gives its name to the Maddalena district. The current church was built between the end of the sixteenth century and the first half of the seventeenth on the site of an oldest religious building. His parish community is part of the Vicariate "Center West" of the Archdiocese of Genoa.
9. Chiesa di San Luca
The church of San Luca is a place of Catholic worship located in the homonymous square of the historic center of Genoa, in the Maddalena district. His parish community is part of the Vicariate "Center West" of the Archdiocese of Genoa. The internal decoration and the contained works of art of Domenico Piola, Filippo Parodi and Grechetto are among the highest creations of the Genoese Baroque. The parish priest has the title of provost of San Luca and Abbot of S. Defendente.
10. Forte Crocetta
Forte Crocetta is an abandoned military structure that is part of the defensive fortifications of Genoa. The fort is located little upstream of Belvedere, on the heights of Sampierdarena. It is located at the Borgo della Crocetta, on the area already occupied by the seventeenth -century convent of the Augustinians and the annexed church of the Most Holy Crucifix, built by the religious P. Gio. Batta Fabra, of the Congregation of the Augustinian hermitani.
11. Museo della Storia del Genoa
The Museum of the History of Genoa is the multimedia museum dedicated to the history of Genoa Cricket and Football Club. It belongs to the Genoa 1893 Foundation, a participation body that represents the widespread interests of the supporters of Genoa and the Genoese community, and is located in the San Palazzina Giobatta del Porto Antico of Genoa. The museum was recognized by the Ministry for cultural assets and activities of significant cultural interest.
12. Museo delle culture del mondo
The world cultures museum is one of the museums of Genoa. It was opened on the occasion of Genoa European capital of culture 2004 within the Castello d'Albertis, an ancient residence of captain Enrico Alberto d'Albertis on the hill of Montegalletto. Located in the Castelletto district, it hosts cultural events and the permanent exposure of the collections collected by D'Albertis himself, integrated by other more recent acquisitions.
13. Chiesa di Sant'Anna
The church of Sant'Anna, with an adjoining convent and pharmacy of the Scalzi Carmelite Fathers, is a Catholic place of cult of the Genoese district of Castelletto. The church, which overlooks a small chicken and bricks paved in pebbles and surrounded by high plane trees, with the contiguous boarding uphill constitutes unexpectedly a place characterized by an atmosphere of the past a few steps from the center of Genoa.
14. Collezione Wolfson
Wolfsoniana is a modern art gallery belonging to the museum pole of the Genoese Levant, located in via Serra Gropallo 4, in the Nervi district, she includes hundreds of works of art in its permanent exhibition, and welcomes numerous temporary exhibitions every year. The museum was opened to the public in 1999 and included in the "Museums Polo and Nervi parks" on the will of its founder Mitchell Wolfson Jr ..
15. Chiesa di Nostra Signora del Rimedio
Nostra Signora del Rimedio Church is a Catholic place of worship located in the Foce district of Gaetano Alimonda Square in Genova City, Genova City. It is the seat of the Diocese of Carignano-Foce, the Archdiocese of Genoa. The church is also known by Genoans as the "Angelo Church," because since 1712 the building has been run by a fraternity named after the guardian angels, who stayed there for 84 years.
16. Forte Monteratti
Forte Monteratti or Forte Ratti is a military barracks of Genoa built between 1831 and 1842 by the Sabaudo government to defend, precisely, the "Monte Ratti" relief, placed behind the Genoese neighborhoods of Marassi and Bavari, from any Shares of the enemy who could, from there, headed undisturbed to the then small villages of Sturla, Albaro and San Martino, from which to aim for the capital.
17. Museo d'arte contemporanea Villa Croce
The Villa Croce Museum of Contemporary Art is a permanent collection of Italian and international contemporary art hosted in a villa in the Carignano quarter of Genoa, northwestern Italy. The villa, donated to the city by the Croce family in 1951, is surrounded by public park with sea views, overhanging the Fiera di Genova exhibition center. It contains more than 3000 works of arts.
18. Galleria Nazionale di Palazzo Spinola
The national galleries of Palazzo Spinola are a state museum located in a noble palace built at the end of the sixteenth century, located in the heart of the historic center of Genoa. Site in Piazza di Pellicceria al Civico 1, it was inserted on 13 July 2006 on the list of the 42 buildings enrolled in the Rolli of Genoa declared on that date by the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
19. Forte Tenaglia
Strong Tenaglia is a fortified work dating back to 1633, originally inserted in the performance of the "new walls" in defense of the city, on the heights of Sampierdarena in a dominant ridge on the Polcevera Val. It owes its name to the particular architectural conformation that resembles a pincer, a work that in military architecture is called "work in Horn".
20. Chiesa di Nostra Signora del Carmine e Sant'Agnese
The church of Our Lady of Carmine and Sant'Agnese is one of the historical churches of Genoa. It is located in the District of Carmine in via Brignole De Ferrari, a short distance from the central via Balbi; His parish community is part of the Vicariate "Center West" of the Archdiocese of Genoa. The prior of N. S. Del Carmine has the title of Abbot.
21. Forte Richelieu
Fort Richelieu is a strong place on the Camaldoli hill, a watershed between the Quezzi valley and that of the Sturla stream; With Forte Monteratti to the north, the Forte Quezzi in Ponente and the Forts of Santa Tecla, San Martino and San Giuliano in the south-west, formed an effective defensive sector to protect the north-east of the city of Genoa.
22. Villa Durazzo-Pallavicini
The Villa Durazzo-Pallavicini is a villa with notable 19th-century park in the English romantic style and a small botanical garden. The villa now houses the Museo di Archeologia Ligure, and is located at Via Pallavicini 13, immediately next to the railway station in Pegli, a suburb of Genoa, Italy. The park and botanical garden are open daily.
23. Chiesa dei Santi Vittore e Carlo
Santi Vittore e Carlo is a Baroque style church on Via Balbi in central Genoa, Italy. Originally belonging to the Discalced Carmelite Order, the church was constructed in the shape of a Latin Cross between 1629 and 1635 from a design by Bartolomeo Bianco. Designs by Eugenio Durazzo were incorporated in 1743 with the construction of a façade.
24. Chiesa Parrocchiale di Sessarego
The church of the Ascension of Jesus and Our Lady of the snow is a place of Catholic worship located in the hamlet of Sessarego, in Piazza Emanuele Cevasco, in the municipality of Bogliasco in the metropolitan city of Genoa. The church is home to the parish of the same name of the vicariate of Bogliasco-Pieve-Sori of the Archdiocese of Genoa.
25. Chiesa dei Santi Pietro e Bernardo alla Foce
The church of Saints Pietro and Bernardo alla Foce is a place of Catholic worship located in the Foce district, between via Nizza and the underlying Lungomare Corso Italia, in the municipality of Genoa in the metropolitan city of Genoa. The church is home to the parish of the same name of the vicariate of Albaro of the Archdiocese of Genoa.
26. Chiesa di Sant'Antonio in Boccadasse
The church of Sant'Antonio in Boccadasse is a Catholic place of worship located in Belvedere Firpo, in the village of Boccadasse, included in the Genoese district of Albaro. His parish community is part of the Vicariate of Albaro of the Archdiocese of Genoa. It is the only parish church in the city of Genoa named after the saint of Padua.
27. San Martino d'Albaro
The church of San Martino d'Albaro is a place of Catholic worship located in the San Martino district, between via Silvio Lagustena and via Vernazza, in the municipality of Genoa in the metropolitan city of Genoa. The church is home to the parish of the same name of the vicariate of San Martino-Valle Sturla of the Archdiocese of Genoa.
28. Forte San Giuliano
Forte San Giuliano is a strong place on the coast in the Genoese district of Albaro, between Punta Vagno and the small promontory of San Giuliano, a short distance from the homonymous abbey. With the battery of the womb he formed a protective front of the coast to the east of Genoa against any enemy landings or naval bombings.
29. Chiesa di Santa Maria del Prato
The church of Santa Maria del Prato is a Catholic place of worship located in the Albaro district, in via Giuseppe Parini, in the municipality of Genoa in the metropolitan city of Genoa. The building is located on the corner with Piazza Giacomo Leopardi, a short distance from the parish church of San Francesco d'Albaro.
30. Torre degli Embriaci
The Torre Embriaci, also called Torre degli Embriaci, located in the oldest area of Genoa, where the Castello o Castrum stood. It is the only one of the numerous towers that were located in the current historic center of Genoa to have been spared by the edict of 1196 which wanted to cut all the city towers to 80 palms.
31. Chiesa di San Rocco di Vernazza
The church of San Rocco di Vernazza is a Catholic place of worship of the Municipality of Genoa, located in via del Sole, in the Vernazza locality, which is part of the Borgorati district. The church is home to the parish of the same name of the vicariate of San Martino-Valle Sturla of the Archdiocese of Genoa.
32. Parrocchia di Santa Maria dei Servi
The church of Santa Maria dei Servi is a place of Catholic worship located in the Foce district, in Largo Santa Maria dei Servi, in the municipality of Genoa in the metropolitan city of Genoa. The church is home to the parish of the same name of the vicariate of Carignano-Phoce of the Archdiocese of Genoa.
33. Basilica Santa Maria delle Vigne
Santa Maria delle Vigne is a Roman Catholic basilica church in Genoa, Italy. It was built in the 10th century. The main altar was completed in 1730 by Giacomo Antonio Ponsonelli. The church is also the final resting place of the leading early Italian composer Alessandro Stradella, who was murdered in 1682.
34. Torre San Bernardino
Torre San Bernardino located on the heights of Staglieno, is one of the nineteenth -century towers built in defense of the nucleus of the city of Genoa, its construction dates back to around 1820; Finished five years later, it was mainly used as an advanced station of the nearby Porta San Bernardino.
35. Chiesa plebana di San Siro
The Plebana church of San Siro is a Catholic place of worship located in the Nervi district, in via Camillo Camposano, in the municipality of Genoa in the metropolitan city of Genoa. The church is the seat of the parish of the same name of the vicariate of Nervi-Quutto of the Archdiocese of Genoa.
36. Villa Centurione Doria
The Villa Doria Centurione is a historic noble residence of the Municipality of Genoa. It is located in Pegli, residential neighborhood of the city west. The building, a typical example of pre-rasian mannerist architecture, now owned by the Municipality of Genoa, is home to the Pegli Naval Museum.
37. Chiesa di Santa Maria Immacolata
The church of Santa Maria Immacolata is a place of Catholic worship located in the hamlet of Fusisa, in via Seta, in the municipality of Sori, in the metropolitan city of Genoa. The church is home to the parish of the same name of the vicariate of Bogliasco-Pieve-Sori of the Archdiocese of Genoa.
38. Chiesa di San Lorenzo martire
The church of San Lorenzo is a Catholic place of worship located in the hamlet of Terriasca, in via San Lorenzo, in the municipality of Sori, in the metropolitan city of Genoa. The church is home to the parish of the same name of the vicariate of Bogliasco-Pieve-Sori of the Archdiocese of Genoa.
39. Castello D'Albertis
The Castello d'Albertis, or D'Albertis Castle is a historical residence in Genoa, north-western Italy. It was the home of sea captain Enrico Alberto d'Albertis, and was donated to the city of Genoa on his death in 1932. It currently houses the Museo delle Culture del Mondo, inaugurated in 2004.
40. Chiesa di Sant'Ilario
The church of Sant'Ilario is a Catholic place of worship located in the Sant'Ilario district, in via Sant'Ilario, in the municipality of Genoa in the metropolitan city of Genoa. The church is the seat of the parish of the same name of the vicariate of Nervi-Quutto of the Archdiocese of Genoa.
41. Chiesa di San Francesco d'Albaro
The Church of San Francesco d 'Albaro is a Roman Catholic place of worship in Via Albaro, near Genoa. The church is the site of Santi Nazario and Celso of Albaro Diocese of Genoa Archdiocese and the Diocese of San Francesco d' Albaro, and is administered by the little monks of the monastery.
42. Chiesa di Santa Maria di Castello
Santa Maria di Castello is a church and religious complex in Genoa, Italy. Administrated for a long time by the Dominicans, it is located in the Castello hill of the city, where in the Middle Ages a bishop's fortified castle existed. The church is flanked by the large Tower of the Embriaci.
43. Chiesa di Santa Sabina
The church of Santa Sabina is a place of Catholic worship located in the San Fruttuoso district, in via Donghi, in the municipality of Genoa in the metropolitan city of Genoa. The church is home to the parish of the same name of the vicariate of San Fruttuoso of the Archdiocese of Genoa.
44. Chiesa di San Bernardino
The Church of Notre Dame in Lourdes and St. Bernard's (also known as St. Bernardine's) is a church in Genoa, Italy. It is located on the uphill slope of San Rocchino and is part of the Parish of Castelletto. The building is home to the mother home of Friar Kapuchin in Liguria province.
45. Acquario di Genova
The Aquarium of Genoa is the largest aquarium in Italy. Located in the old harbour area of Genoa, Italy, the 33,000-square-foot (3,100 m2) aquarium is a member organization of the European Association of Zoos and Aquaria (EAZA), and welcomes more than 1.2 million visitors each year.
46. Chiesa di Sant'Erasmo
The Nostra Signora della Mercede e Sant 'Erasmo Church ("Nostra Signora della Mercede e Sant' Erasmo") is a Catholic place of worship located in the Nervi district of Capolungo, Genova municipality, Genova province. It is the seat of Nervi-Quinto Diocese in the Archdiocese of Genoa.
47. Chiesa di San Francesco
The Church of San Francesco alla Chiappetta ("Chiappetta San Francesco alla Chiappetta") is a religious building in the Borzanetto district of Genoa, built by the little monks of the monastery. Its diocesan community is part of the Diocese of Borzanetto, the Archdiocese of Genoa.
48. Chiesa del Gesù e dei Santi Ambrogio e Andrea
The Church of the Jesus of Genoa is located in the city center, in Piazza Matteotti, adjacent to Piazza De Ferrari. Retto by the Jesuits starting from the sixteenth century, the very rich interiors contain works by Rubens, kidneys, and the major authors of the Genoese Baroque.
49. Cimitero Monumentale di Staglieno
50. Museo dell'Acqua e del Gas
The Water and Gas Museum of Genoa, consisting of the AMGA Foundation in order to illustrate the history of gas and water supply in the city of Genoa, consists of four sections: historical archive, historical library, photographic collection and, of course, finds.
51. Chiesa dei Santi Pietro e Teresa del Bambin Gesù
The San Pietro Apostolo and Santa Teresa del Bambin Gesew churches are a Roman Catholic place of worship located in Via Francesco Domenico Guerrazzi, Albaro District, Genova City, Genova City. It is the seat of Albaro Diocese, Archdiocese of Genoa.
52. Chiesa di San Giovanni Bosco e San Gaetano
The San Giovanni Bosco e San Gaetano Church, commonly known as the San Gaetano Church, is a Roman Catholic building in the Sampierdarena district of Genoa. Its diocesan community is part of the diocese of Sampier Darena in the Archdiocese of Genoa.
53. Giardino botanico Clelia Durazzo Grimaldi
The Giardino botanico Clelia Durazzo Grimaldi is a small botanical garden located on the grounds of the Villa Durazzo-Pallavicini in Pegli, a suburb of Genoa, Italy. It is a part of the romantic historical park made by Ignazio Pallavicini in 1846.
54. Arco ai Caduti
The Arco della Vittoria, also known as Monumento ai Caduti or Arco dei Caduti, is a memorial arch located in Piazza della Vittoria in Genoa, Italy. It is dedicated to the Genoese who died during World War I, and it was inaugurated on 31 May 1931.
55. Casa del Boia
The Executioner's House, also known as the House of Agrippa, is a building in the historical center of Genoa, dating back to the 11th or 12th centuries, and is located in the dock area opposite the fish market at the eastern end of Caval Square.
56. Chiesa di San Teodoro
The church of San Teodoro, from which the homonymous neighborhood takes its name, was one of the oldest churches in Genoa, but for urban planning reasons it was demolished in the 19th century and rebuilt in a site not far from the original one.
57. San Fruttuoso
The San Fruttuoso Church is a Catholic place of worship located in the San Fruttuoso district of the city of Genova, in the Piazza Giovanni Martinez of the city of Genova. It is the seat of the diocese of San Frutuso, the archdiocese of Genoa.
58. Villa del Principe
59. Chiesa del Sacro Cuore e San Giacomo
The Church of the Sacred Heart and San Giacomo di Carignano is a religious building in the Carignano district of Genoa, located in Via Jacopo Ruffini; Its diocesan community is part of the "Carignano-Foce" diocese of the Archdiocese of Genoa.
60. Chiesa di Santa Maria della Cella
The church of Santa Maria della Cella is a Catholic religious building in the Genoese district of Sampierdarena, home of the parish of "Santa Maria della Cella and San Martino" and the vicariate of Sampierdarena of the Archdiocese of Genoa.
61. Porta Soprana
The Soprana or Porta di Sant'Andrea door was one of the entrance doors to the city of Genoa. Among the main medieval stone architecture of the Ligurian capital, it is located on the top of the Sant'Andrea plan, from which it takes its name.
62. Chiesa di San Nicola
The church of San Nicola da Tolentino is a religious building of Genoa uphill of the Madonnetta, on the route for the sanctuary of the Madonnetta, and its parish community is part of the Vicariate of Castelletto of the Archdiocese of Genoa.
63. Guglielmo Embriaco
Guglielmo Embriaco, was a Genoese merchant and military leader who came to the assistance of the Crusader States in the aftermath of the First Crusade. Embriaco is considered one of the founders of what would become the Republic of Genoa.
64. Forte Quezzi
Forte Quezzi is a fort of Genoa, located on the top of the Callinara hill, which dominates part of Val Bisagno and that of Quezzi. It is close to another fort that is part of the group of Genoese hilly fortifications): Forte Monteratti.
65. Chiesa di Nostra Signora Assunta e Santa Zita
Nostra Signora Assunta e Santa Zita Church is a Catholic place of worship located in the Borgo Pila area of Foce District between Santa Zita and Corso Buenos Aires in Genova City. It is the seat of Albaro Diocese, Archdiocese of Genoa.
66. Basilica di Santa Maria Assunta di Carignano
Santa Maria Assunta is a Renaissance church in Genoa, Italy. It is located in a residential sector called Carignano located on the hills just above the city center, thus the church is also known as Santa Maria Assunta di Carignano.
67. Villetta Di Negro
Villetta di Negro is a public park in Genoa. It is located in the Castelletto district, a short distance from the central Piazza Corvetto and a few tens of meters from the government palace, whose entrance is located on via Roma.
68. Museo speleologico del Monte Gazzo
The Speleological Museum of Mount Gazzo is a museum of speleology located on the summit of the homonymous Monte Gazzo, at 419 m a.s.l.m., near Sestri Ponente, western neighborhood of Genoa. The museum was inaugurated in May 1969.
69. Palazzo Embriaci
Palazzo Giulio Sale, also known as Palazzo Brignole Sale, is a building located in Piazza Embriaci at number 5 in the historic center of Genoa. The building was included in the list of buildings registered in the Rolli of Genoa.
70. Chiesa di San Bartolomeo di Promontorio
The church of San Bartolomeo Apostolo is a Catholic religious building of Promotorio, a town in the Genoese district of Sampierdarena. His parish community is part of the Vicariate of Sampierdarena of the Archdiocese of Genoa.
71. Chiesa di Santa Croce e San Camillo de Lellis
The church of Santa Croce and San Camillo de Lellis is a religious building present in the city center of Genoa, in the Portoria district, a few tens of meters from the city court and the managerial area of Piazza Piccapietra.
72. Chiesa di Santa Maria in Via Lata
The church of Santa Maria in via Lata, former abbey of the Fieschi family, is a former religious building in Genoa, located in the homonymous climb in the Carignano district. He currently hosts a restoration laboratory.
73. Forte Belvedere
Forte Belvedere is a fortified work, of which today there are still several testimonies, which was part of the detached defensive fortifications of Genoa, located on the homonymous hill, on the heights of Sampierdarena.
74. Santuario di Nostra Signora del Monte
The sanctuary of the Madonna del Monte is a place of Catholic worship located in the San Fruttuoso district, uphill new ascent of Our Lady of the Mount, in the municipality of Genoa in the metropolitan city of Genoa.
75. Chiesa di Nostra Signora della Neve
The church of Our Lady of the snow is a religious building in the Genoese district of Bolzaneto, in Val Polcevera. Erected in the parish in 1856, it is home to the Vicariate of Bolzaneto of the Archdiocese of Genoa.
76. San Torpete
San Torpete is a church in central Genoa, northern Italy, dedicated to Saint Torpes. It was founded in the 11th century by local merchants. It was rebuilt in 1730 under designs conceived by Giovanni Antonio Ricca.
77. Forte Castellaccio
Forte Castellaccio is a fortified work included in the "new walls" in defense of the city, built along the branch of the defensive belt that descended from the strong spur along the ridge of the Val Bisagno.
78. Raccolte Frugone
79. Museo d'arte orientale Edoardo Chiossone
The Edoardo Chiossone Museum of Oriental Art in Genoa is an important collection of Asian art, one of the most significative collections in Europe and in Italy, along with the museums of Venice and Rome.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.