5 Sights in Caltanissetta, Italy (with Map and Images)
Here you can book tickets, guided tours and other activities in Caltanissetta:Tickets and guided tours on GetYourGuide*
Explore interesting sights in Caltanissetta, Italy. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 5 sights are available in Caltanissetta, Italy.List of cities in ItalySightseeing Tours in Caltanissetta
1. Sito archeologico di Vassallaggi
Vassallaggi is a Sicilian prehistoric Bronze Age archaeological site, located on the hill of the same name, which had a later flourishing after the 7th century BC as a phrourion (fortress). The site is located in the middle of the Salso river valley, at 704 m above sea level, near San Cataldo in the province of Caltanissetta, in a strategic location for communication between the southern coast of Sicily and the northern part of the island. It has a NE-SW orientation and stretches along in parallel with the SS 122 San Cataldo-Serradifalco.
2. Chiesa di Santa Maria degli Angeli
The church of Santa Maria degli Angeli is a church in Caltanissetta, declared a national monument in 1902. It stands close to the castle of Pietrarossa, on the northern side of the latter, and was the second parish of the city, which became the parish seat of the city in 1239 and, later, royal chapel of Casa Sveva.
Wikipedia: Chiesa di Santa Maria degli Angeli (Caltanissetta) (IT)
3. Chiesa della Madonna della Provvidenza
The church of Santa Maria della Provvidenza or church of Providence is a parish church open to worship of the diocese of Caltanissetta, is located in the center of the historic and homonymous district of Providence.
Wikipedia: Chiesa di Santa Maria della Provvidenza (Caltanissetta) (IT)
The archaeological park of Sabucina, located on the mountain of the same name near Caltanissetta, is an archaeological site in Sicily. The area contains settlements ranging from the Bronze Age to the Roman period.
5. Chiesa di Santa Lucia
The Santa di Santa Lucia is a religious building in Caltanissetta, Italy. It was built after World War II in the place occupied by the old church of Santa Lucia, reduced to rubble during the bombings of 1943.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.