Explore interesting sights in Wuppertal, Germany. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 79 sights are available in Wuppertal, Germany.Sightseeing Tours in Wuppertal
1. Alter Hatzfelder Wasserturm
The Alte Hatzfelder Wasserturm is an unused water tower in Wuppertal district of Barmen, Hatzfeld. The 1904 under the direction of the Barmer city builder Julius Dicke at an altitude of 298 m above sea level. NN constructed water containers represented an important link in the supply of drinking water to the then independent city of Barmen. From the community water plant Volmarstein in Weather an der Ruhr, also called Barmer Wasserwerk, the water was pumped via the water tower Loh in Volmarstein to Barmen in the Hatzfelder Wasserturm. The Loh–Hatzfeld railway line had its end point under the tower.
2. Villa Carnap
Villa Carnap is a slate half-timbered house in Wuppertal-Ronsdorf in the Ronsdorf-Mitte/Nord residential district. It is located on In Crimea Street, number 42. The city villa is located "in the second row" about 50 meters from the road, is surrounded by tall trees and borders directly on the Ronsdorf grounds. The two-and-a-half-storey house was built in 1890 by Johannes Zebulon Carnap in what was then Waldstraße. It is now a listed building and is inhabited. The villa has an almost rectangular floor plan with some bay windows and ornamental decorations on the window friezes and gable eaves.
The Dicke-Ibach-Steppe is a listed green-current free staircase facility in Wuppertal-Barmen and entrance to the Ringel Valley in the Barmer Anlagen. The staircase leading to the higher-lying Joseph-Haydn-Straße and to the farmhouses on the east side of the Ringel Valley was donated by the members of the board of the Barmer Verschönerungsverein from 1878 to 1897, Friedrich Wilhelm Dicke and Peter Adolph Rudolph Ibach, in 1897. The design of the sophisticated staircase, which uses the forms of castle architecture and Gothic, is typical of buildings in public parks of that time.
4. Kohlfurther Brücke
The Kohlfurther Bridge is a truss bridge made of steel over the Wupper river in the borough of Cronenberg in Wuppertal, located on the city limits of Solingen. It served the Straßenbahn from Elberfeld to Solingen until the tramway was shut down in 1969, at which point it became a pedestrian bridge. The name of the bridge is also the name of a street. On April 13, 2006, it was registered in the architectural list, the Baudenkmalliste, of the city of Wuppertal and on May 3, 2006 in the city of Solingen. An extensive restoration was completed on May 8, 2010.
5. Bahnhofsempfangsgebäude Barmen
Wuppertal-Barmen station is a station in the city of Wuppertal in the German state of North Rhine-Westphalia on the Elberfeld–Dortmund railway. Its entrance building is protected as a monument. It was Barmen Hauptbahnhof prior to Barmen's incorporation in Wuppertal in 1929. Before the Second World War it was an important stop for express trains and had substantial freight traffic. Its importance declined after the war in favour of Oberbarmen and since the renaming of the Elberfeld station as Wuppertal Hauptbahnhof. The Opernhaus Wuppertal is nearby.
6. Werther Brücke
The Werther bridge is a road bridge built in 1903 with two lanes over the Wupper in the Wuppertal district of Barmen. As part of the Heidter Berg street, it connects the left, southern river bank of the Wupper with the Barmer Werth between Wupper and Barmer Mühlengraben. The street then crosses the Höhne/Berliner Straße north and continues beyond this intersection as Bachstrasse. The bridge is furnished as a one -way street, in a north direction. The bridge is located in the immediate vicinity of the Werther Bridge, named after it.
Hahnenfurth/Düssel station is located in the district of Dornap, Wuppertal, in the German state of North Rhine-Westphalia. The station was opened on a new section of line connecting Mettmann Stadtwald and the Wuppertal-Vohwinkel–Essen-Überruhr railway on 13 December 2020. There was formerly a nearby station called Dornap-Hahnenfurth on the Düsseldorf-Derendorf–Dortmund Süd railway, which was opened by the Rhenish Railway Company on 15 September 1879 and closed on 23 August 1991.
8. Hottensteiner Kirche
The Hottenstein Church in the Wuppertal district of Oberbarmen is the originally Lutheran church of the farming community of Nächstebreck and the population of the urban settlement of the mountain ridge on the Hottenstein, consecrated in 1879. In addition to the Church of the Redeemer, it is the second place of worship of the Protestant parish of Wichlinghausen-Nächstebreck in the Wuppertal church district of the Evangelical Church in the Rhineland.
The cemetery church in Elberfeld is one of the largest churches in Wuppertal and the third oldest church built for the Reformed Church in Elberfeld. Important Reformed pastors such as the moderator of the Reformed Federation, Hermann Albert Hesse, and the church historian Hermann Klugkist Hesse, officiated at the church. With 1,020 seats, it is the second largest Protestant church in the Rhineland after the Constantine Basilica in Trier.
The Ronsdorf riser tower is a distinctive monument in Ronsdorf, a city in the northern Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. The riser tower is located in the area of the older grounds of the fire brigade in Ronsdorf. On the left hand, there is the old part of the vehicle halls with parking spaces for two emergency vehicles. The right of the tower lies the former lounge of the extinguishing unit, which is used today by the youth fire brigade.
11. Auferstehungskirche Katernberg
The Church of the Resurrection Katernberg is a Protestant church in the north of the Elberfeld district of Wuppertal, Germany. It is one of five places of worship of the Evangelical Parish of Elberfeld-Nord in the Wuppertal church district of the Evangelical Church in the Rhineland, along with the cemetery church, the church at the Kolk, the community center Am Eckbusch and the Katernberger Vereinshaus.
12. Villa Seyd
Villa Seyd is located in Wuppertal district Uellendahl-Katernberg, Adalbert-Stifter-Weg 54, and is one of the largest villas in Wuppertal. It was built from 1897 to 1899 on behalf of the manufacturer Carl Hermann Seyd, according to a design by Elberfeld architect Heinrich Plange. As a monument under protection since 19 December 1984, it is the listed monument of the city of Wuppertal under no. D227.
13. Otto Graf von Bismarck
The Bismarck monument in the then independent town of Barmen was inaugurated in 1902. It was designed by the Berlin sculptor Hugo Lederer and originally stood in front of the old Barmen town hall on Werther Strasse ; In the autumn of 1921, the year of completion of the new Barmen town hall, it was moved to its current location in front of the Barmen Hall of Fame on Geschwister-Scholl-Platz.
14. Haspeler Brücke
The Haspeler Bridge is a road bridge across the Wupper in the district of Barmen in Wuppertal. The steel bridge connects Haspeler Straße south of the Wupper in Unterbarmen with the northern right bank of the river with the streets Hofkamp and Hardtufer, which are located in the district of Elberfeld. Built in 1902–1903, the bridge is one of the oldest half-timbered bridges in Wuppertal.
15. Haus Vedder
The two-storey residential and commercial building at Odoakerstraße 1 in Wuppertal-Langerfeld was built around 1740. The half-timbered house is only slate on the western side towards the Langerfelder Markt and covered with a gable roof. The northern side, towards Schwelmer Straße, was later extended by an extension with a trailing roof. The building has a floor area of around 158 m².
16. Lutherkirche Heidt
The Lutherkirche is a Protestant church on the Oberen Sehlhofstrasse on Heidt in the Heckinghausen district of Wuppertal. As Lutherkirche Heidt, after the closures of the old Wupperfeld church and the Hatzfelder church, it is one of the last two remaining preachers of the Evangelical parish of Memarke-Wupperfeldim Kirchenkreis Wuppertal in the Evangelical Church in the Rhineland.
17. Bahnhof Wuppertal-Ottenbruch
Wuppertal-Ottenbruch station is a former station in Wuppertal. It is located on the Düsseldorf-Derendorf–Dortmund Süd route, which was opened in 1879 but largely shut down in this section and converted into a railway road. It is distinctive due to its partially slate-clad framework construction and was last used gastronomically. It is named after the location of Ottenbruch.
18. Auferstehungskirche Heckinghausen
The Church of the Resurrection is an evangelical church building in the Heckinghausen district of Wuppertal. It is a few place of worship and preferred wedding ceremony of the United Evangelical parish of Heckinghausen in the church district of Wuppertal of the Evangelical Church in the Rhineland and beyond the cemetery chapel of the Evangelical Cemetery on the Norrenberg.
19. Beyenburger Tunnel
The tunnel To good hope, also called Beyenburger Tunnel, is a 60 m long railway tunnel in Wuppertal. It is located on the Wuppertal railway, opened in 1890, between Beyenburg Railway Station and Wuppertal-Laaken stop near the homonymous residence Zur good hope. Since November 23, 1994, the tunnel has been protected as part of the Bergisch-Märkische Railway monument.
The Lego-Brücke is a concrete beam bridge which crosses over the Schwesterstraße in the North Rhine-Westphalian city of Wuppertal, Germany. In 2011, graffiti and street artist Martin Heuwold repainted the bridge in the style of Lego bricks, receiving national and international media attention for his work. The work was awarded the Deutscher Fassadenpreis in 2012.
21. Haus Goebel
The Haus Goebel is a two-storey house with the address on top road 5 in Wuppertal-Langerfeld and was built in 1785 on the courtyard of the former HEILENBECK. The client was Friedrich Keggemann, the first surgeon Langerfeld. It has been owned by the Goebel family since 1849. In 1870 the Goebel bookbindery was founded and the later Goebel cardboard box factory.
22. Alte Kirche Langerfeld
The Alte Kirche is a Protestant church in the district Langerfeld of Wuppertal. It is one of two churches of the Protestant congregation Langerfeld and is located between the Odoakerstraße and the Schwelmer Straße. It was built from 1768 to 1786; the first service took place on 24 September 1786, and was celebrated to the memory of Frederick II of Prussia.
23. Gedenkstätte KZ Kemna
Kemna concentration camp was one of the early Nazi concentration camps, created by the Third Reich to incarcerate their political opponents after the Nazi Party first seized power in 1933. The camp was established in a former factory on the Wupper river in the Kemna neighborhood of the Barmen quarter of Wuppertal. It was run by the SA group in Düsseldorf.
24. Die starke Linke
The strong left is a sculpture by the Austrian sculptor Alfred Hrdlicka in Wuppertal subcontracts, who died in 2009. Until her line -up, she ensured a local scandal due to the late completion and the exploded costs. Until the establishment of the Engels Monument in 2014, the HRDLICKA sculpture was also partially referred to as Friedrich-Engels memorial.
25. Kirchsaal Ackerstraße
The Kirchsaal Ackerstraße is a Protestant church building in the Heckinghausen district of Wuppertal and was until 2016 the largest place of worship of the United Evangelical Parish of Heckinghausen. As an example of the neo-Gothic architecture of the time, the building, which was built in 1893/1894, has been a listed building since 15 July 1994.
Wollbruchsmühle is a former watermill and today's district in the north of the Bergisch city of Wuppertal. Until the second half of the 20th century, the village consisted of two immediately adjacent residential areas, the Wollbruch farm and the Wollbruchsmühle mill. After the closure of the mill, the name Wollbruchsmühle passed to the farm.
The Johanneskirche is located in the south of the Wuppertal district of Elberfeld on the edge of the von-der-Heydt park, near the peace grove. Since 1970 it has been part of the Protestant parish of Elberfeld-Südstadt in the church district of Wuppertal of the Evangelical Church in the Rhineland with the Christuskirche on Grifflenberg.
28. ehemalige Mühle
The property Am Kriegermal 34 is a listed building that was built as a mill in the Wuppertal district of Beyenburg. It is one of the oldest buildings in the district, which were erected outside the original settlement core on the Beyenberg at the Steinhaus Monastery. On April 22, 1993, it was recognized as an architectural monument.
29. Bergische Museumsbahnen e.V.
The Bergische Museumsbahn is a heritage tram museum situated in the German city of Wuppertal. It operates its own tram line south of Wuppertal on original rails with original cars. Therefore, it's one of the smallest running tram systems in the world. Wuppertal still operates the "Schwebebahn", a unique overhead railway.
30. Familien- und Begegnungshaus
The Wichlinghausen Church in the Oberbarmen district of Wuppertal is the oldest church in the district of Wichlinghausen. Until its deconsecration in 2014, it was one of the churches of the Evangelical Parish of Wichlinghausen-Nächstebreck in the Wuppertal church district of the Evangelical Church in the Rhineland.
31. Jugend- und Kulturzentrum
The former Ronsdorf Rectorate School has been a historic school building in Ronsdorf, since 1929 a district of the Bergisches city of Wuppertal in North Rhine-Westphalia. The school building, which has been listed since February 27, 1998, is located in the Ronsdorf-Mitte/Nord residential area at Scheidtstraße 36.
32. Tageseinrichtung für Kinder
The Kaiserin Augusta-Stift in the Wuppertal residential area Arrenberg of the Elberfeld-West district is a former elderly pen and was built in 1895 in the then independent city of Elberfeld. It had been set up for old, single and "unsolved" women from working classes, they found accommodation, meals and care here.
33. Knopffabrik PSW
The PSW button factory is a factory building in the Wuppertal residential area Sedansberg and is a monument in accordance with Section 2 (1) DSchG NRW. It is the production location of Bielefelder companies Union Knopf GmbH and PSW-Knopf GmbH. The latter company also ensures the common name Knopffabrik PSW.
34. Villa Halstenbach
Villa Halstenbach is a villa in the district of Oberbarmen in Wuppertal. The historic building is located in the district of Wichlinghausen and is considered the germ cell of the Christlich Democratic Union of Germany (CDU). As a monument it is entered in the list of monuments of the city of Wuppertal.
35. CityKirche Elberfeld
The Old Reformed Church is the oldest church in the Elberfeld district of Wuppertal. It is the successor building of the St. Laurentius Church, which was Catholic until the Reformation, and has been the main Protestant church of the Wuppertal church district since 2005 as the City Church of Elberfeld.
36. Küllenhahner Bahnhof
Wuppertal-Küllenhahn station is a historic railway station in Wuppertal, Germany. The station building is located in the district of Cronenberg in the district of Küllenhahn and is located on the Wuppertal-Steinbeck–Wuppertal-Cronenberg railway, which opened on 1 April 1891 and was closed in 1988.
37. Gemarker Kirche
The Gemark Church is a Protestant church in the Barmen district of Wuppertal, where the Barmen Confessional Synod of the German Evangelical Church adopted the Barmen Theological Declaration, also known as the Barmen Confession, on May 31, 1934. This was the constituent synod of the Confessing Church.
38. Johnson Controls IFM Industrie GmbH
The consumer cooperative "Vorwärts-Befreiung" was a large consumer cooperative in Wuppertal. It emerged from the merger of the cooperatives "Liberation" and "Vorwärts" as well as "Budget" in Velbert in 1924. Previously, several attempts to unite the Elberfeld and Barmer cooperatives had failed.
39. Cleff´sche Mühle
The Cleff’sche Mühle is a former mill facility in the Unterbarmen district of Wuppertal. The Warndtstraße 7 property as a mill building with a residential building including the historical facility and the Mühlengraben on the Wupper has been protected as a monument since September 1, 1989.
40. Friedhof der Niederländisch-reformierten Gemeinde
Katernberger Straße Cemetery is a Protestant Reformed cemetery in the Katernberg district of Wuppertal, Germany. As a rose cemetery of the Dutch Reformed community, it is known far beyond the city limits of Wuppertal due to its design according to the concept of the Herrnhut God's Field.
The neoclassical Elberfeld poor care monument is a work by Wilhelm Neumann-Torborg (1856–1917), which was built on 24 September 1903 in the church square of the “Old Reformed Church Elberfeld”. The occasion was the 50th anniversary of the existence of the “Elberfelder System”.
The lime funnel stove on the Eskesberg in the Wuppertal district of Elberfeld-West is an industrial monument from the 19th century and one of the last remaining industrial lime stoves in the Niederberg area. The lime funnel oven is a location of the Museum Industrial Culture Wuppertal.
Das Objekt Hainstraße 195 ist ein Wohnhaus in Wuppertal, im Stadtbezirk Uellendahl-Katernberg, im Wohnquartier Nevigeser Straße. Das Gebäude an der Hainstraße ist auch als Pfaffenhaus bekannt und steht unter Denkmalschutz. Es ist zudem namensgebend für den Wohnplatz Pfaffenhaus.
44. Sankt Joseph
The Church of Sankt Joseph in Wuppertal is the Catholic parish church for the west of Elberfeld. In addition to the churches of St. Suitbertus, St. Marien and St. Laurentius, it is part of the parish of St. Laurentius in Elberfeld-Mitte and their westernmost preaching facility.
45. Reformierte Kirche
The reformed church of Ronsdorf is the church of the Protestant-Reformed community in Wuppertal-Ronsdorf in the Wuppertal church district of the Evangelical Church in the Rhineland. It is the only church in the Ronsdorf district that was not destroyed in the Second World War.
46. Gesellschaftshaus Union
The company house Union has been a residential building in Wuppertal-Barmen, which has been listed since 1993 at Friedrich-Engels-Allee 202. It was built in its original form between 1867 and 1871 in the style of classicism and has been housing the Union, founded in 1829.
47. Villa Amalia
The Villa Amalia is a villa in the Briller district in the Wuppertal district of Elberfeld-West in North Rhine-Westphalia. The building has been entered in the monument list of the city of Wuppertal since 1986 as a monument together with the Villa Remise since 1986.
48. Alte Zollbrücke
The Heckinghauser Zollbrücke is a stone bridge built in 1775 over the Wupper in the Wuppertal district of Heckinghausen. It is the oldest preserved bridge in the city and nowadays Lenneper Straße connects with the Rauental street, near the mouth of the Murmelbach.
49. Reformierte Kirche
The Reformed Church in Cronenberg is one of the most striking churches on the Wuppertal southern heights in the Cronenberg district and is one of the most beautiful churches in the Bergisches Land due to its proportions and the particularly successful onion tower.
50. Haus Schöller
The Schöllerweg 4 property, partly also referred to as Haus Schöller, is one of the oldest preserved buildings in the old town center of Schöller, a district in the Vohwinkel district of Wuppertal. The building is protected as a monument from June 10, 1994.
51. Jüdischer Friedhof am Weinberg
The Jewish cemetery on the vineyard is a Jewish cemetery on the cross of the Stübchensberg in the Wuppertal district of Uellendahl-Katernberg, the address is Weinberg 4. It was created as the successor to the old Jewish cemetery at Weißenburgstrasse in 1896.
52. Hof Klingelholl
Hof Klingelholl is a listed former manor house in the Wuppertal district of Barmen on the edge of Barmen's Nordpark. The building is one of the last surviving courtyard houses in the Barmens area and represents an individual monument that shapes the landscape.
53. Evangelische Kirche Beyenburg
The Evangelical Church of Beyenburg is a church building in Beyenburg, a district of Wuppertal, Germany. It is the centre of the parish of Beyenburg-Laaken. The congregation has 2442 members, after the two congregations in Beyenburg and Laaken merged in 2003.
54. Schloss Lüntenbeck
The Haus Lüntenbeck, known as the Schloss Lüntenbeck, is a former watercastle or a Festes Haus in Wuppertal. It is one of the oldest buildings in the city with its largely unchanged structure and was one of the twelve knights' estates in the Amt Solingen.
55. Lichtenplatzer Kapelle
The Lichtenplatz Chapel is a small Protestant church in the Lichtenplatz residential district of the city of Wuppertal near Lichtscheid. It was inaugurated in 1904 and is now one of the two community centres of the Evangelical Community of Unterbarmen Süd.
The Kaiser-Wilhelm-Höhe, also Deisemannskopf, is the summit of the Norrenberg in the Barmer Forest in the Heckinghausen district of Wuppertal. From the viewpoint there you have a wide view of the eastern Wuppertal districts of Heckinghausen and Langerfeld.
57. St. Hedwig
58. Haus Röhrig
Built in 1789, the two-storey Haus Röhrig, together with Haus Barthels and Engels-Haus on the edge of the Engelsgarten, forms an important urban historical building ensemble of the historic centre, near Friedrich-Engels-Allee in Wuppertal-Unterbarmen.
59. Laaker Kirche
60. Hofeshaus in der Leimbach
The court house in the Leimbach is a listed former manor house in the Wuppertal district of Barmen in the Sedansberg residential area. The building belonged to the Obere Leimbach residential area west of the Leimbach, a secondary water for the Wupper.
61. ehemaliges Amtsgericht Ronsdorf
The former district court of Ronsdorf, located at Erbschlöer Straße 9, was the district court of the then small town of Ronsdorf, since 1929 a district of the Bergisch city of Wuppertal in North Rhine-Westphalia. The building is a listed building.
62. Zoo Wuppertal
The high-speed high-rise building is an administration building in the Wuppertal district of Elberfeld. The building on Kasinostraße is the second highest in the city after the city parkass tower and dominates the skyline of the Elberfeld center.
The property Friedrich-Ebert-Straße 139 is a residential building in the Wuppertal residential area Arrenberg, in the district of Elberfeld-West. It is located in the section of Friedrich-Ebert-Straße, which is classified here as federal road 7.
65. Baumsche Villa
66. Neue Kirche
The New Reformed Church, also known as the Second Reformed Church, popularly known as the Sophienkirche after the street on which it stands, is the second place of worship built for the Reformed Church in today's Wuppertal district of Elberfeld.
67. Haus der Jugend
The Barmer Ruhmeshalle is a historic building in the Barmen district of the German town of Wuppertal, originally built as a hall of fame. It was officially known as the Kaiser Wilhelm- und Friedrich-Ruhmeshalle and later as the Haus der Jugend.
68. Hamburger Treppe
69. Altes Amtshaus
The old office building, also known as the old guard, is a historic office in the Langerfeld district of Wuppertal, which is independent until 1922. Since the incorporation of Langerfeld, the building has been used as a residential building.
70. Niederländisch-Reformierte Gemeinde
The Dutch-Reformed municipality in Wuppertal is an independent Evangelical community of reformed character. It has the legal form of a corporation under public law and has been a full member of the Evangelical-Terformed Church since 2001.
72. Villa Simons
The Villa Simons is a shell-made villa in the style of a Bergische Haus on Disützenberger Straße in Wuppertal-Elberfeld. The two -storey building is designed on the side of the street and the garden with a three -axis middle risalite.
73. Stadion am Zoo
The Stadion am Zoo is a multi-purpose stadium in Wuppertal, Germany. It is currently used mostly for football matches and hosts the home matches of Wuppertaler SV. The stadium is able to hold 23,067 people and was built in 1924.
74. Botanischer Garten
The Botanischer Garten Wuppertal, also known as the Botanischer Garten der Stadt Wuppertal, is a municipal botanical garden located at Elisenhöhe 1, Wuppertal, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. It is open daily without charge.
The justice fountain is a fountain designed by the sculptor Bernhard Hoetger in Wuppertal-Elberfeld, which was inaugurated in 1910 during the festival week for the 300th anniversary of Elberfeld on the then "Exerzierplatz".
The century pond is a memorial tree on the southeastern edge of the Barmer Forest in Wuppertal near the Villa Foresta. The oak was planted on April 1, 1908 for the annual celebration of the then independent city of Barmen.
The Hardt facilities, or mostly abbreviated to the Hardt, are a park on the partially forested Hardtberg survey in the inner city area of Wuppertal, on the border between the districts of Elberfeld and Barmen.
78. Kath. Kirche St. Ludger
The Von-der-Heydt Tower is an observation tower at a height of 274 m above sea level in front of the Königshöhe on the Kiesberg, which rises south of the Wupper in the Wuppertal district of Elberfeld-West.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.