13 Sights in Worms, Germany (with Map and Images)
Explore interesting sights in Worms, Germany. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 13 sights are available in Worms, Germany.List of cities in GermanySightseeing Tours in Worms
The Luther Monument is a group of statues that was erected in Worms, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany, to commemorate the Protestant reformer Martin Luther. It was designed and partly made by Ernst Rietschel, and unveiled on 25 June 1868. The monument consists of a group of bronze statues on stone plinths centred on a statue of Luther, surrounded by statues of related individuals and allegorical statues representing related towns. The elements are arranged in the shape of a castle, recalling Luther's hymn "Ein feste Burg ist unser Gott". It is one of the largest Luther Monuments, and shaped views of the reformer. Copies of the central Luther statue are located in Europe and the United States, including the Luther Monument in Washington, D. C. (1884).
2. Tiergarten Worms
Tiergarten Worms is a zoo in the Bürgerweide recreation area in the city of Worms, Germany. It was opened in 1972 and is about 8.5 hectares in size. 80 species with over 500 animals are shown. The focus of the zoo is the keeping and breeding of old domestic animal breeds, such as Glan cattle, Bunte Bentheimer pigs, Thuringian forest goats and South German cold-blooded horses, which are housed in a walk-in show farm. But exotic representatives can also be seen in the zoo.
The Worms Synagogue, also known as Rashi Shul, is an 11th-century synagogue located in Worms, Germany. Situated in the northern part of the city center, the synagogue is one of the oldest in Germany. Because of its historical importance and its testimony to the European Jewish cultural tradition through millennia, the Worms Synagogue was inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List in 2021(along with other medieval Jewish cultural sites in Speyer and Mainz).
4. Wasserturm ehem. Schlachthof Worms
The site of the former municipal slaughterhouse in Worms forms a monument zone. The slaughterhouse was planned by city architect Georg Metzler and inaugurated on 12 August 1912. It was built south of the Rhine bridge on an area of 25,000 square meters. The Art Nouveau buildings on the east side of the area facing the Rhine were supplemented in the 1950s and 1960s by sheds and extensions, which were later demolished.
The Rashi House is a historic building of the Jewish quarter of the city of Worms. It is located in the south of the synagogue district and has always been an important part of Jewish Worms. In its approximately 800-year history, it has been used in various ways: as a Talmud school, hospital, dance and wedding house, rabbi's apartment and retirement home. Today it houses the Worms City Archive and a Jewish museum.
6. Simultankirche Mariä Himmelfahrt
The Simultankirche "Mariä Himmelfahrt" in Worms-Pfeddersheim is a simultaneous church shared by Protestants and Catholics in the Pfeddersheim district of Worms, whose church tower also served as a municipal watchtower and therefore belongs to the city of Worms as the legal successor of the city of Pfeddersheim. The church is a cultural monument due to the monument protection law of Rhineland-Palatinate.
The Nibelungen Museum Worms in Worms, Germany, started in 2001 and is dedicated to the Nibelungensage. The museum integrates a part of the historical city wall of Worms as well as two towers from the 12th century. The audiovisual permanent exhibition examines the mythical character of the Nibelungensage. The premises of the museum are also used for cultural events, talks and symposiums.
8. St. Peter
St. Peter in Herrnsheim is the Roman Catholic parish church of the village. It is dedicated to Saint Peter and was for centuries the burial place of the branch of the Dalberg family, who lived in the neighbouring Herrnsheim Castle. Today, the church is mainly characterized by the Gothic construction phase of the 15th century and by neo-Gothic conversions from the 19th century.
9. Das Wormser
The municipal play and festival house was a theater and event building in Worms. It was inaugurated in 1889. The theater hall was destroyed in World War II and rebuilt in modern forms in 1966. The outbuildings with a catering wing were demolished in the 2000s for the construction of the cultural and conference center, the Wormser, the listed theater hall integrated into it.
The Küchler monument in honour of the former Lord Mayor of Worms and honorary citizen Wilhelm Küchler stands on Küchlerplatz in the Rhineland-Palatinate city of Worms. It is the first monument erected in Worms in the 20th century to be erected without a military context.
The Magnuskirche is a small church in Worms, Germany, to the south of Worms Cathedral. It is the city's smallest church. Archaeological evidence and its dedication suggest it originated in the 8th century - part of that building survives in the nave's north wall.
The Hagen monument in Worms commemorates the sinking of the Nibelungen treasure in the Rhine by Hagen von Tronje. It is regarded as the most important "testimony to the reception of the Nibelungen in the early 20th century" in Worms and is a listed building.
13. Katholische Kirche St. Laurentius
The Filialkirche St. Laurentius in Worms-Leiselheim is a Roman Catholic church building dedicated to St. Lawrence of Rome. The hall building, which is characterized by the Heimatschutz style, was built in 1933/34 and is a listed building.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.