Explore interesting sights in Wolgast, Germany. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 5 sights are available in Wolgast, Germany.
1. Sankt Petri
St. Peter's Church Wolgast is a Protestant church dedicated to the Apostle Peter in the town of Wolgast in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Germany. It was built until 1350 and was destroyed and rebuilt several times as a result of the consequences of war and storms. Therefore, it has both Gothic and Baroque architectural features. In the crypt of the Dukes of Pomerania-Wolgast within the church are the nine sarcophagi of members of the griffin dukes, as well as the remains of three infants in a collective coffin. Since 2012, the parish of St. Petri zu Wolgast has belonged to the Demmin provost in the Pomeranian Evangelical Church District of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Northern Germany.
2. Tierpark Wolgast
Wolgast Zoo is a zoological garden in the town of Wolgast in the northeast of the state of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. In addition to its regional significance as a local zoo, the park is also becoming increasingly popular with visitors from the Republic of Poland due to its location in the immediate vicinity of the german-Polish border. The zoo is located on the northern edge of Wolgast in the Tannenkamp residential area on a forest area of about ten hectares. About 400 animals from 52 species can be visited. Among the last major new additions are kangaroos and emus, which are kept in a common enclosure. Furthermore, the park has a nature trail and a petting enclosure.
Wolgast Peenebrücke is a combined road and rail bridge on Wolgast Peenestrom. It connects the island of Useidom with the island of Volgast Castle, which is connected to the continent of Western Pomerania by the Schlossgrabenbrücke Bridge and a separate railway bridge. It extends to Secrewinoujsingcie Centrum via the Peene Bridge, Federal Highway 111 and the Züssow-Wolgast Hafen railway line. The daily average number of road transport vehicles is about 12,000; Heavy vehicles account for less than 5%.
The Herz-Jesu-Kirche is the Catholic church of the town of Wolgast in the district of Vorpommern-Greifswald in the northeast of the state of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. It was built in 1910 as a brick building in the neo-Gothic style and since 2004 has been one of the two church buildings of the Catholic parish of Salvator - Anklam and Wolgast. The Protestant church of the city of Wolgast is the St. Peter's Church.
5. Dampffährschiff Stralsund
The ferry Stralsund was put into service in 1890 for the Strelasund crossing, the connection from Stralsund to Altefähr. It was last used in Wolgast until 1990. Since 11 March 2017, the oldest surviving railway steam ferry in the world has been moored as a technical monument in the city harbour of Wolgast.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.