10 Sights in Wolfsburg, Germany (with Map and Images)
Here you can book tickets, guided tours and other activities in Wolfsburg:Tickets and guided tours on GetYourGuide*
Explore interesting sights in Wolfsburg, Germany. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 10 sights are available in Wolfsburg, Germany.List of cities in Germany
1. St. Marien
St. Mary's Church is the Evangelical Lutheran church in the historic district of Alt-Wolfsburg in Wolfsburg, Germany. It was first built as a chapel by the lords of the castle of neighbouring Wolfsburg and consecrated in 1434. Its present structure dates mainly from the 16th and 17th centuries. The church served as a place of worship for the inhabitants of the outer bailey and later estate settlement of Wolfsburg Castle. The patronage of the church was initially exercised by the von Bartensleben family and later by the noble family of von der Schulenburg.
Wikipedia: St.-Marien-Kirche (Wolfsburg) (DE), Heritage Website
2. Katholische Kirchengemeinde St. Raphael
The Church of St. Raphael is the Catholic church in Detmerode, a district of Wolfsburg in Lower Saxony, Germany. The church, named after the Archangel Raphael, is located at 7 John F. Kennedy Avenue and belongs to the parish of St. Christopher in the Diocese of Hildesheim. Today it is the youngest church in the deanery of Wolfsburg-Helmstedt and is designated as an architectural monument. The catchment area of the church includes the districts of Detmerode, where today (2013) about 1560 Catholics live, and Westhagen.
3. St. Marien
The Church of Motherhood of Mary, colloquially also known colloquially as St. Mary, is the Catholic church in Fallersleben, a district of Wolfsburg in the east of Lower Saxony. The parish church is located at Herzogin-Clara-Straße 16 and is named after the former Memorial Day of Motherhood of Mary; her parish belongs to the deanery of Wolfsburg-Helmstedt in the diocese of Hildesheim.
4. St. Bernward
The Church of St. Bernward is a Roman Catholic church consecrated in 1965 in the northern part of Wolfsburg in the east of Lower Saxony. The church, named after St. Bernward of Hildesheim, is located in the district of Alt-Wolfsburg and is a branch church of the parish of St. Christopher in the deanery of Wolfsburg-Helmstedt of the diocese of Hildesheim.
5. St. Christophorus
The parish church of St. Christophorus, located in the city center of Wolfsburg and named after the patron saint of motorists, is today the oldest and largest Catholic church in Wolfsburg. The listed church was built in 1950/51 according to plans by Peter Koller and belongs to the deanery of Wolfsburg-Helmstedt of the Diocese of Hildesheim.
Wikipedia: St. Christophorus (Wolfsburg) (DE), Website, Heritage Website
6. St. Heinrich
Sankt Heinrich was the Catholic church in the Wolfsburg district of Rabenberg, which was built in 1958. The church was built in 1961 according to plans by Peter Koller Jr., declared a monument by the Institute for the Preservation of Monuments of the State Government in 1996 and profaned in 2019.
7. St. Annen Kirche
St. Anne's Church is an Evangelical Lutheran church in the Heßlingen district of Wolfsburg, Germany. It is a Romanesque hall church built around 1200. It is the oldest building in the city centre, one of the church bells is one of the oldest bells in Lower Saxony.
Wikipedia: St.-Annen-Kirche (Wolfsburg) (DE), Website, Heritage Website
The Evangelical Lutheran Christ Church is a building inaugurated in 1951 by Gerhard Langmaack in Wolfsburg-Schillerteich in Lower Saxony, Germany. It is the main church of the church district of Wolfsburg-Wittingen. Her address is An der Christuskirche 4.
Wikipedia: Christuskirche (Wolfsburg) (DE), Website, Heritage Website
9. Großsteingrab Nordsteimke
The megalithic tomb Nordsteimke is a burial site of the Neolithic Funnel Beaker culture in the Wolfsburg district of Nordsteimke. It was discovered in 1968 by a farmer while plowing his field and excavated in 1969 by archaeologist Franz Niquet.
Stephanuskirche also known as Detmerode Church is a church and parish center in Wolfsburg, Germany designed by Finnish architect Alvar Aalto in 1963. Completed in 1968, the building is a prominent example of International modernism in Germany.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.