12 Sights in Uelzen, Germany (with Map and Images)
Explore interesting sights in Uelzen, Germany. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 12 sights are available in Uelzen, Germany.List of cities in GermanySightseeing Tours in Uelzen
The St. George's Chapel is located in the old centre of the former farming village of Groß Liedern near Uelzen. The Gothic chapel dates from the second half of the 14th century and is a typical example of late medieval village sacred architecture, of which numerous examples have been preserved in the district of Uelzen. The naming of the chapel after St. George obviously only appeared in the 20th century and goes back to the main figure of the late Gothic carved altar, which is the most important piece of equipment of the chapel. The chapel is regarded as a prime example of the small medieval "village churches in the area around Uelzen", which belong architecturally to the wider environment of the church buildings around Lüneburg's St. John's Church. Here it becomes clear how the "great" architecture was reflected in the region.
2. Zum Göttlichen Erlöser
To the Divine Saviour is the Roman Catholic church in Uelzen, a district town in Lower Saxony. Today it is the oldest church in the deanery of Lüneburg. Its parish of the same name, which includes all Catholic churches in the district of Uelzen, belongs to the Diocese of Hildesheim. The church bears the patronage of Christ the Redeemer and is listed in the Denkmalatlas Niedersachsen under the ID no. 31004538 listed as an architectural monument.
3. St. Marien Kirche
The Gothic St. Mary's Church belongs to the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Hanover and is one of the oldest churches in the district of Uelzen. In the church district of Uelzen, it is the central centre for regional services and events. The parish includes about 4900 parishioners from Uelzen's city centre and the Königsberg district as well as the villages of Hambrock, Halligdorf, Niendorf, Ripdorf and Woltersburg.
4. St. Petri
St. Peter's Church (German: St.-Petri-Kirche) is an Evangelical Lutheran church with a neighbouring community centre in Uelzen on Osterstraße. The area of the municipality includes the eastern part of the district located by the Ilmenau and the Niendorfer Straße, including the new development area Eschenkamp and has about 4,800 community members.
5. Hundertwasserbahnhof Uelzen
Uelzen is a railway station located in Uelzen, Germany, at the eastern edge of the Lüneburg Heath Nature Park. The station is located on the Hannover–Hamburg railway, Uelzen–Langwedel railway, Stendal–Uelzen railway and Brunswick–Uelzen railway. The train services are operated by Deutsche Bahn, Metronom and Erixx.
6. St. Nicolai Kirche
The Evangelical Lutheran St. Nicolai Church in Holdenstedt is one of the oldest churches in the region. The parish of St. Nicolai in Holdenstedt in the church district of Uelzen of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Hanover has about 1,800 parishioners in the villages of Holdenstedt, Holxen and Borne.
The Gothic Heiligen-spirit chapel belongs to the Evangelical Lutheran Church and is one of the oldest chapels in the Uelzen district. It was the heart of the affiliated Heiligen-spirit hospital. It was created as part of a pious and charitable foundation, the Heiligen-Geist Foundation.
8. Großsteingrab Uelzen 1
The megalithic tombs near Uelzen were two or three megalithic tombs of the Neolithic Funnelbeaker culture in the city forest of Uelzen in the district of Uelzen (Lower Saxony). Two were destroyed in the 19th century, a possible further grave is preserved only in remnants.
9. Der Ulenköper
The Ulenköper is a bronze statue in the Hanseatic city of Uelzen. The monument was designed by Karlheinz Goedtke and is a gift from the citizens to their city. It symbolizes the Ulenköpersage associated with the city and was ceremoniously unveiled on May 6, 1967.
10. Steinkiste im Uelzener Stadtwald
The stone box in the Uelzen city forest in Lower Saxony was probably moved to its present location in 1848 with the cooperation of Baron Georg Otto Carl von Estorff (1811–1877). Originally, it stood on the route of the neighbouring Uelzen – Lüneburg railway.
The Zionskirche belongs to the Independent Evangelical Lutheran Church and is located in the village of Klein Süstedt in the district of Uelzen in the district of the same name in northeastern Lower Saxony.
12. Großsteingrab Westerweyhe
The Westerweyhe megalithic tomb is a tomb of the Neolithic Trichterbecher culture near the village of Westerweyhe in the district of Uelzen in Lower Saxony, Germany. It bears the Sprockhoff number 771.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.