12 Sights in Tauberbischofsheim, Germany (with Map and Images)
Explore interesting sights in Tauberbischofsheim, Germany. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 12 sights are available in Tauberbischofsheim, Germany.List of cities in GermanySightseeing Tours in Tauberbischofsheim
1. Kreuzkapelle Dittwar
The Roman Catholic Chapel of the Cross in Dittwar, a district of Tauberbischofsheim in the Main-Tauber district in Baden-Württemberg, was consecrated in 1683. Pilgrimages to the Kreuzhölzle have been made since 1670. The name Kreuzhölzle, which is often used for the chapel, originates from the Dittwar field name Kreuzhölzlein, on which the Kreuzkapelle is located. The Kreuzkapelle belongs to the Dittwar parish of St. Laurentius of the Tauberbischofsheim pastoral care unit, which is assigned to the Tauberbischofsheim deanery of the Archdiocese of Freiburg.
2. Kurmainzisches Schloss
The Electoral Mainz Castle Tauberbischofsheim in the Main-Tauber district has its origins in a medieval city castle from the 13th century, of which only the keep, called Türmersturm, is preserved today. In the 16th century, the castle was replaced by the Electoral Mainz Castle, which frames the tower from all sides. The castle served as the seat of the archiepiscopal bailiffs of the Electorate of Mainz and today houses the Tauberfränkisches Landschaftsmuseum.
3. St. Liobakirche
The Lioba Church, formerly also called the Franciscan Church, in Tauberbischofsheim in the Main-Tauber district in Baden-Württemberg, was built in 1650 as the former monastery church of the Franciscan monastery Tauberbischofsheim, which was dissolved in 1823, and significantly expanded in 1735 in the Baroque style.
4. Amtsgericht Tauberbischofsheim
The Tauberbischofsheim District Court is a court of ordinary jurisdiction in Tauberbischofsheim in Baden-Württemberg and one of five district courts in the district of the Mosbach Regional Court. The building of the district court at Schmiederstraße 22 was built between 1875 and 1876 and is a listed building.
5. Württembergisches Kriegerdenkmal
The Battle of Tauberbischofsheim was an engagement of the Austro-Prussian War of 1866, on the 24 July at Tauberbischofsheim in the Grand Duchy of Baden between troops of the German Confederation and the Kingdom of Prussia. It was part of the campaign of the Main and ended with a Prussian victory.
6. Zur Schmerzhaften Muttergottes
The Roman Catholic Chapel of Our Lady of Sorrows in Hof Steinbach, a small settlement that belongs to the Dittigheim district of the town of Tauberbischofsheim in the Main-Tauber district, is dedicated to the Mater Dolorosa – Latin for "sorrowful mother" Mary.
Wikipedia: Zur Schmerzhaften Muttergottes (Hof Steinbach) (DE)
7. Sankt Vitus
The Church of St. Vitus in Dittigheim, a district of Tauberbischofsheim in the Main-Tauber district in Baden-Württemberg, Germany, is a baroque church building designed by Balthasar Neumann under the direction of engineer captain Johann Georg Müller.
The Laurentius Chapel is a Roman Catholic chapel built in 1723 on the Laurentiusberg in Tauberbischofsheim and is dedicated to St. Lawrence of Rome. It belongs to the pastoral care unit Tauberbischofsheim in the deanery of Tauberbischofsheim.
9. Museum Sonnenplatz-Apotheke
The Sonnenplatz pharmacy in the listed building at Sonnenplatz 4 (1720) in Tauberbischofsheim, Main-Tauber-Kreis, existed from 1810 to 2006 and was then run as a pharmacy museum until the death of the last owner Henning Briegleb (2019).
The Calvary Chapel in Dittwar, a district of Tauberbischofsheim in the Main-Tauber district in Baden-Württemberg, was planned from 1730 and built until 1747 as the twelfth of a total of fourteen stone chapels as Stations of the Cross.
11. Ehemalige Synagoge Dittigheim
The synagogue in Dittigheim, a district of Tauberbischofsheim in the Main-Tauber district in Baden-Württemberg, was built around 1769. The profaned synagogue at Synagogengasse 4 has been a protected cultural monument since 1979.
12. Bismarcksäule Tauberbischofsheim
The Bismarck Column in Tauberbischofsheim is a 9 m high fire column with a plaque of honor in the district of Dittigheim in Tauberbischofsheim. It goes back to an initiative of the Academic Holiday Association Tuberania.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.