Book tickets, guided tours and activities in Stuttgart.
Guided Free Walking Tours
Book free guided walking tours in Stuttgart.
Explore interesting sights in Stuttgart, Germany. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 61 sights are available in Stuttgart, Germany.Sightseeing Tours in Stuttgart
The Württemberg is a hill on the territory of the German city of Stuttgart, capital of Baden-Württemberg. Its peak lies above vineyards at 411 m above sea level, on the eastern edge of the Stuttgart cauldron valley, in the Rotenberg quarter of Stuttgart's district of Untertürkheim, overlooking the Neckar valley with the Daimler-Benz industrial plant and the Mercedes-Museum.
The so -called fruit box, a late Gothic stone building on Schillerplatz, is one of the oldest preserved buildings in Stuttgart. Nowadays, the house is used as a partial museum of the Württemberg State Museum as a house of music in the fruit box.
Johann Christoph Friedrich von Schiller was a German poet, playwright, historian, philosopher, and physician. Schiller is considered by most Germans to be Germany's most important classical playwright.
4. Tempelgesellschaft in Deutschland
The German Templer Society emerged in Germany during the mid-nineteenth century, with its roots in the Pietist movement of the Lutheran Church, and in its history a legacy of preceding centuries during which various Christian groups undertook to establish what they saw as the perfect Christian religion in preparation for Christ's promised return. The movement was founded by Christoph Hoffmann [1815-1885], who believed that humanity’s salvation lay in the gathering of God's people in a Christian community. He also believed that the second coming of Christ was imminent, and that according to Biblical prophecy it would take place in Jerusalem, where God's people were to gather as a symbol of the rebuilding of the temple. He established a number of German Templer colonies in Palestine.
5. Neues Schloss
The New Palace is an 18th-century Baroque palace in Stuttgart and is one of the last large city palaces built in Southern Germany. The palace is located in the on the Schlossplatz in front of the Jubiläumssäule column and Königsbau. Public tours of the building are only permitted by special arrangement, as the building contains some government offices. Once a historic residence of the Kings of Württemberg, the New Palace derives its name from its commissioning by Duke Carl Eugen of Württemberg to replace the Old Castle in the early years of his reign. Originally, Charles commissioned Nikolaus Friedrich Thouret, but architects Leopoldo Retti, Philippe de La Guêpière, Reinhard Heinrich Ferdinand Fischer would contribute to the design, history, and construction of the palace.
6. Straßenbahnmuseum Stuttgart
The Stuttgart Historical Trams e. V. (SHB) documents with historical vehicles from 1868 to 1986 as well as objects from the company and technology The history of the Stuttgart trams (SSB) and neighboring or operational transport companies such as. B. the Filderbahn-Gesellschaft, the municipal tram Feuerbach (SSF), the tram Eßlingen am Neckar-which was operated by the Eßlinger Städtische tram (ESS)-and the Esslingen-Nellingen-Denkendorf tram (end). For this purpose, the association, as the owner of the vehicles and technical systems in cooperation with Stuttgart Straßenbahnen AG in Bad Cannstatt, operates the Stuttgart tram museum, from which tours of historical classic car lines also take place over the preserved part of the meter -gauge Stuttgart track network.
7. Dischinger Burg
Weilimdorf, until 1955 known as "Weil im Dorf", is the north-western borough (Stadtbezirk) of the German city and capital of Baden-Württemberg, Stuttgart. Weilimdorf, covering an area of 12.6 square kilometres (4.9 sq mi) with a population of around 30,000, borders the Stadtbezirke of Zuffenhausen, Feuerbach, Stuttgart-West, and the towns of Gerlingen, Ditzingen, and Korntal-Münchingen in the Ludwigsburg district. Weilimdorf became part of Stuttgart in 1933 amidst the hardship of the economic instability of the 30s in Germany. The city district is made up by six Stadtteile: Weilimdorf, Bergheim, Giebel, Hausen, Weilimdorf-Nord and Wolfbusch and is home to an expanding commercial area.
8. St. Fidelis
St. Fidelis Church is a Catholic church in the west of Stuttgart, Germany. The gable-ended building is slightly elevated above street level and its main façade recedes from the street line. An outer wall with turrets and two entrance gates and a courtyard with arched walkways separate the church from the street. The three-nave hall church without tower and transept is spanned by reinforced concrete trusses and crowned by a gable roof. Inside, the church presents itself as a simple and unadorned hall with a high, coffered wooden barrel vault, low, windowless side aisles and a light-flooded central nave with high glass windows.
9. Schwebender Merkur
The Mercury Column is a former water tower in Stuttgart, which was built in 1598 according to Heinrich Schickhardt's plans and has been crowned by a gilded Mercury picture since 1862. The tower is connected to the northeast corner of the old law firm, a building between Schillerplatz and Schlossplatz. The corner tower is designed as an ionic column and carries a chapter decorated with rich ornaments according to the design by Wendel Dietterlin, above which a grid -protected viewing platform is attached. The column ends in a stump with a hemisphere that touches a "floating mercury" with one foot.
The Observation Tower Burgholzhof in Burgholzhof, since 1998 a separate community within Bad Cannstatt in Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg, Germany, is an 1891 brick observation tower constructed by the Cannstatt municipal architect Friedrich Keppler on behalf of the Verschönerungsverein Cannstatt e. V., in the style of a Roman tower, at an elevation of 359 meters above sea level, at 9°11'41 east and 48°49'08" north. It was formally opened on 19 September 1891. It has extensive views over East Stuttgart, Bad Cannstatt and along the Neckar valley as far as Esslingen am Neckar.
11. Domkirche St. Eberhard
Stuttgart Cathedral or St Eberhard's Cathedral is a church in the German city of Stuttgart. It is dedicated to Saint Eberhard of Salzburg. Since 1978, it has been co-cathedral of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Rottenburg-Stuttgart, whose main cathedral is Rottenburg Cathedral - the church's promotion marked the 150th anniversary of the diocese and its renaming as the Diocese of Rottenburg-Stuttgart. The parish dates back to the Medieval era while the current building was completed in 1955, eleven years after it was mostly destroyed by Allied air raids in 1944.
The Theodor-Heuss-Haus in Stuttgart, Feuerbacher Weg 46, is the former residence of the first German President Theodor Heuss (1884–1963). It is located in the Feuerbacher Heide on the Killesberg next to the Villa Porsche, built in 1923. The Foundation Bundespräsident-Theodor-Heuss-Haus acquired the building in 1995 and had it reconstructed, renovated and expanded to include an cultivation in accordance with the plans of the Stuttgart architectural office Behnisch & Partners. Federal President Johannes Rau opened the museum in the house on 8 March 2002.
13. Ruine der Freitreppenanlage des ehemaligen Neuen Lusthauses
The Neue Lusthaus zu Stuttgart is considered one of the most important buildings in the late Renaissance in Germany and served as a place of court festivals and celebrations. The Stuttgart chronicler and monument keeper Gustav Wais described the original construction in 1954 as “one of the noblest creations of German Renaissance, which, if we still possess it today, would be the main sightseeing of Stuttgart”. Both the history of construction and the appearance are well known due to the numerous traditions.
14. Deutsches Landwirtschaftsmuseum
The German Agricultural Museum (DLM) in Stuttgart-Hohenheim is considered one of the most extensive collections of agricultural equipment and machines in German-speaking countries. On a total of 5,700 square meters of covered exhibition space, the DLM documents the technical change in agriculture, from simple handwear to modern self -drivers. The museum concept represents the developments in production history and documents the constant change in agricultural history as well as their causes and relationships.
15. Grabkapelle auf dem Württemberg
The Württemberg Mausoleum is a mausoleum located on the Württemberg, in the Rotenberg borough of Untertürkheim, in Stuttgart. It was designed by Giovanni Salucci for King William I of Württemberg to house the remains his second wife, Catherine Pavlovna of Russia. Construction elapsed over four years, from 1820 to 1824, while work on its decor lasted another four years. The remains of William I, Catherine, and their daughter Maria Friederike Charlotte, are housed in the mausoleum.
The Stuttgart market hall was opened in 1914 in the Stuttgart city center. Today the market hall is a grocery store in the upper price segment. It offers a total of 6,800 square meters of usable space for service providers and dealers, including 3500 square meters on the ground floor for sales stands. In 2010 there were 37 different stalls. The support -free space of the hall is 60 meters long and 25 meters wide. There are several restaurants on Sporerstrasse and in the market hall.
A resting stone, also resting stone, Ruhbank, Grubbstock, Gruhe, Gruhbank, Krugstatt or Gruegstatt as well as Raststein is a one or multi-part bench that served in earlier times the rest of load carriers. While there were originally also comparable wooden devices, the stone benches obtained to this day are manufactured. As witnesses of earlier forms of transport and old traffic routes, many resting banks are now among the small or corridors.
Schlossplatz is the largest square in Stuttgart Mitte and home to the Neues Schloss which was built between 1746 and 1807. From its construction until the mid-1800s it was used as a military parade ground and not open to general public use. It stands next to two other popular squares in Stuttgart: Karlsplatz to the south and Schillerplatz to the south west. The Königstraße bisects the plaza from north to south.
The Robert Bosch House in Stuttgart is the former residence of the manufacturer Robert Bosch until his death in 1942. After World War II, it served as a guest house for the Americans and later as a consulate for the French. The Robert Bosch Stiftung has had its headquarters here since 1986. The house is located in the middle of a park at Heidehofstraße 31 in the Gänsheide district in Stuttgart's East district.
The St. Vitus Chapel is a Protestant church built in the late Gothic style in the district of Mühlhausen am Neckar in Stuttgart, Germany. The exceptionally well-preserved wall and vault paintings from around 1400 and the medieval altars of the St. Vitus Chapel, which give the largely original impression of a church of the late Middle Ages, are important from an art historical point of view.
21. Zeichen der Erinnerung
The memorial "Signs of Remembrance" at Stuttgart North Station reminds us that more than 2,600 Jews from Stuttgart, Württemberg and Hohenzollern were deported from this location "to the East", i.e. to be murdered, between 1941 and 1944 under the rule of the National Socialist regime. Almost all of these people were then murdered in the Shoah (Nazi persecution of Jews) until 1945.
The Ferdinand-Leitner-Steg is a pedestrian bridge in Stuttgart, which crosses the nine-lane Schillerstrasse and connects the castle garden with the upper castle garden. His southern end is located in the upper castle garden near the playhouse. His northern end fork in a jetty to the sidewalk through the palace garden and a jetty to the sidewalk towards the main train station.
23. Universitätssternwarte Pfaffenwald
The Pfaffenwald University Observatory is an observatory located in the high-altitude district of Vaihingen in Stuttgart since 1934, which was attached to the University of Stuttgart in 1972 by a donation. The observatory originally belonged to the private property of the manufacturer Hermann Fellmeth, who had it built near his country house at the Pfaffenwald in Vaihingen.
24. Staatliches Museum für Naturkunde am Löwentor
The museum at the Löwentor, often for short lion standard museum, is a museum of paleontology and geology. It is part of the State Museum of Natural History Stuttgart, which also includes the Museum Schloss Rosenstein and some branches. The Museum am Löwentor is located in the north of Stuttgart on the edge of the Rosenstein Park and has around 110,000 visitors a year.
Stuttgart-Ost is one of the five inner districts of the Baden-Württemberg state capital Stuttgart. It lies between the Stuttgart-Mitte district and the banks of the Neckar opposite Bad Cannstatt. The district consists of the older urban areas of Berg, Gablenberg, Gaisburg and Ostheim as well as the newer districts of Frauenkopf, Stöckach, Uhlandshöhe and Gänsheide.
26. Heimatmuseum der Deutschen aus Bessarabien und der Dobrudscha
The local museum of Germans from Bessarabia and Dobruja is a local museum of Bessarabian Germans and Dobrudjadeutschen in Stuttgart. It was founded there in 1952 as the local museum of Bessarabiende Germans and has been active since the announcement of the German Countryside team of the Dobrojah and Bulgaria German in 2009 also as a museum for this group of persons.
27. Ehemalige Burg Hedelfingen
Hedelfingen Castle is a high-altitude castle, which was located on the Wangener Höhe, between Neckar and Dörrbach in the east of Stuttgart. The castle was located in a larger corridor section about a kilometer northwest of the municipality of Hedelfingen. The Flürstück still bears the name “Burg” today and takes over north to the municipality of Wangen.
Fernsehturm Stuttgart is a 216.61 m (710.7 ft) telecommunications tower in Stuttgart, Germany. It was the first telecommunications tower in the world constructed from reinforced concrete, and it is the prototype for many such towers worldwide. Although controversial at first, it quickly became a well known landmark of Stuttgart and a tourist attraction.
29. Jupitergigantensäule von Hausen an der Zaber
The Jupiter Giant Column of Hausen an der Zaber is a consecration monument to Jupiter and Juno, which a Roman citizen had erected around the year 200 on his estate in Hausen an der Zaber. During an excavation in 1964, the almost completely preserved remains of the column were recovered and transferred to the collection of the Roman Lapidarium Stuttgart.
30. Staatliches Museum für Naturkunde Stuttgart
The Museum Schloss Rosenstein is a museum of biology in Stuttgart, Germany. It is part of the Stuttgart State Museum of Natural History, which also includes the Museum am Löwentor and several branch offices. The Natural History Museum in Rosenstein Castle is located in the Rosenstein Park of the same name and has about 115,000 visitors a year.
The Weißenburgpark is an approximately five hectare green area in the Stuttgart-Süd district in the Bopser district. The so -called tea house and the marble hall are located on a hill in the park, which are now used as an excursion restaurant or as an event location. The park itself is lingering with several walks and seating.
32. Siebener Denkmal
The Seven Monument with the “Siebener Brnelle” in Stuttgart (Rotebühl-/Herzogstraße) is a monument with Obelisk and was built in honor of the soldiers of the infantry regiment Emperor Friedrich, King of Prussia (7th Württembergisches) No. 125, after a design by the sculptor Fritz von Graevenitz and consecrated in 1927.
33. Burg Hofen
The Hofen Castle is the ruin of a high -altitude castle above the Neckar at about 240 meters over NN in the Hofen district in the Mühlhausen district of the state capital Stuttgart. Access is via Wolfgangstrasse behind the St. Barbara Church. It is the only ruin in the city area of Stuttgart with towering wall remains.
34. Städtisches Lapidarium
The Municipal Lapidarium Stuttgart is an open-air museum in the park of the former Villa Ostertag-Siegle in Stuttgart, Germany. The Lapidarium exhibits more than 200 mostly stone testimonies from five centuries of Stuttgart's history, and also the Roman collection of antiques by Carl von Ostertag-Siegle (1860–1924).
Hirsch and lion are two life -size statues that flank the entrance to the courtyard of the new castle in Stuttgart on high granite postacies. The two Württemberg heraldic animals were designed and modeled by the Stuttgart court sculptor Antonio Isopi, cast in the Hüttenwerk Wasseralfingen in iron and set up in 1823.
36. Gate of Hope
The Gate of Hope in Stuttgart is an architectural sculpture by the American conceptual artist Dan Graham, a gate designed as a regular tetrahedron made of stainless steel profiles and one-way mirrors. It is located at the end of the Łódź footbridge, which leads from Rosenstein Park to Leibfried's Garden.
Hercules and Minerva are two colossal statues flanking the entrance portico of the main wing of the New Palace in Stuttgart on stone pedestals. In 1759, Pierre François Lejeune, the first sculptor of Duke Carl Eugen of Württemberg, created these statues of the divine hero Hercules and the goddess Minerva.
The Linden Museum is an ethnological museum located in Stuttgart, Germany. The museum features cultural artifacts from around the world, including South and Southeast Asia, Africa, the Islamic world from the Near East to Pakistan, China and Japan, and artifacts from North and Latin America and Oceania.
The Bärenschlössle in the Stuttgart Redwildpark was originally a pleasure palace and today serves as a restaurant. It was named after the Bärenbach, which flowed near it. The Bärenschlössle and the lakes in the forest belong to the “district” wildlife park in the Stuttgart-West district.
40. Gaisburger Kirche
Gaisburg Church is a Protestant church in Gaisburg, Stuttgart-Ost. It was created from 1911 to 1913 by architect Martin Elsaesser as a reinforced concrete construction in a mixture of late Art Nouveau, neoclassicism and neo-barock. It is considered one of the most beautiful churches in Stuttgart.
41. Universelles Leben
Universal Life is the name of a controversial new religious movement based in Marktheidenfeld, Germany, which is described by members as a part of the new revelation movement. The group was originally called Heimholungswerk Jesu Christi, but has been known as Universal Life since 1984.
42. Carl Benz Center
The Carl Benz Center is an event center opened in 2006 in the Neckarpark in Bad Cannstatt (Stuttgart). The investor of the 75 million euro project is Rudolf Häussler. The Carl Benz Center offers around 20,000 square meters of usable space, from which VfB Stuttgart alone uses 4,000.
The Markuskirche is a Evangelical Church in the South Stuttgart district of South on Filderstraße, corner of Römerstraße, in the Heusteigviertel. It is used by the Protestant parish of Markus-Haigst as a community church. The fangelsbach cemetery borders on the church premises.
44. Bismarckturm Stuttgart
The Bismarck Tower is a lookout tower built as a Bismarck monument in the Stuttgart district at the Bismarck Tower in Stuttgart-Nord. It is on the highest point in Stuttgart-Nord, the Gähkopf, and offers a good view of the Stuttgart city area and distant views in all directions.
The Love Vase is a monumental ornamental vase in sandstone by Friedrich Distelbarth at the Chamber Theatre wing of the Neue Staatsgalerie in Stuttgart. The vase is constructed in the style of the Medici vase and bears a bas-relief with the Allegory of the Age of Love.
The Killesberg Tower is a 40-meter high observation tower located in the Killesberg Park in Stuttgart, Germany. Originally planned for the 1993 World Horticultural Exposition, an interruption in the design process delayed its erection until 8 years later in 2001.
The Leonhardskirche in Stuttgart is the second oldest foundation of the church in the old town of Stuttgart and is now the center of the Evangelische Leonhardkirchengemeinde Stuttgart within the church circle of the Evangelische Landeskirche in Württemberg.
The galate fuel is a fountain on a viewing platform at Eugensplatz in Stuttgart-Mitte. It was created in 1890 by the architect and sculptor Otto Rieth and the ore founder Paul Stotz (1850–1899) and is one of the most splendid fountains in the city.
49. Bernhardine Salomon
The Staatsgalerie Stuttgart is an art museum in Stuttgart, Germany, it opened in 1843. In 1984, the opening of the Neue Staatsgalerie designed by James Stirling transformed the once provincial gallery into one of Europe's leading museums.
51. Villa Moser
Villa Moser was a villa in Stuttgart, built in 1875 by Johann Wendelin Braunwald for chocolate manufacturer Eduard Otto Moser in the park of the Leibfriedsche Gartens. In 1944, the villa was destroyed in an air raid up to the foundations.
The Graevenitz Museum, also known as Museum Fritz von Graevenitz, has been home to selected works by the artist Fritz von Graevenitz since 1971. It is located in a cavalier house in Stuttgart-West in the Solitude district near Gerlingen.
54. Hohe Carlsschule (Akademie)
Hohe Karlsschule was the strict military academy founded by Karl Eugen, Duke of Württemberg in Stuttgart, Germany. It was first founded in 1770 as a military orphanage, but then converted into a military academy in 1773 for the duke.
The Junobrunnen is a fountain in the Kursaalanlagen in Stuttgart-Bad Cannstatt. He was designed in 1910 by the sculptor Emil Kiemlen (1869–1956) in neoclassical style and performed by the Stuttgart stone sculptor Willi Schönfeld.
56. Haus der Geschichte Baden-Württemberg
The Haus der History of Baden-Württemberg is a museum of the state of Baden-Württemberg in Stuttgart. It is located on the "Stuttgart Kulturmeile" in Konrad-Adenauer-Straße between the State Gallery and the Music University.
The Ruine Engelburg, formerly also called Biberburg, is the rest of a high-altitude castle on a mountain climb above the Mühlhausen district north of the Mönchfeldstrasse of the state capital Stuttgart in Baden-Württemberg.
58. Skulpturenpark Hajek
60. Höhenpark Killesberg
The Killesbergpark is an urban public park of half a square kilometre in Stuttgart, Germany. It is just north of the state capital, where Killesberg is a quarter of the borough of Stuttgart-Nord (North).
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.