Looking for premium sights?
Here you can book tickets, guided tours and other activities in Nuremberg:Get tickets and guided tours now *
Here you can find interesting sights in Nuremberg, Germany. Click on a marker on the map to view details about the sight. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 42 sights are available in Nuremberg, Germany.Back to the list of cities in Germany
The hesperid gardens are several baroque gardens in the St. Johannis district of Nuremberg. They were part of a green belt along the city wall, which included 360 gardens with different use and formed the prerequisite for the development of a high -standing garden culture at the gates of the imperial city of Nuremberg. The creation of any citrus plants was created. The green areas were created by patrician families and merchants in the 16th, 17th and 18th centuries after the fruit, vegetable and herb gardens in the old town were gradually built on. The magnificent pleasure gardens separated the newly created suburbs from the old town. The city wall formed the physical border. Wealthy citizens have lived in St. Johannis since the early modern period who got a touch of Mediterranean culture into the home garden. The Nuremberg patricians and merchants oriented themselves to the model of the nobility in the garden design. Small ornamental gardens were built in the Renaissance and baroque style and equipped with a variety of wells and figures made of sandstone. There were valuable and exotic limon and pomerance collections in the elaborately designed gardens.
2. Gedenkstätte für die Opfer des nationalsozialistischen Untergrunds
The NSU series of murders refers to nine racially motivated murders of small business owners with immigrant backgrounds in large German cities between 2000 and 2006 by the far-right terrorist group Nationalsozialistischer Untergrund (NSU), including eight of Turkish origin and one of Greek origin. Authorities' investigations focused on the victims themselves and their relatives, resulting in their victimization and stigmatization, while far-right-motivated investigations were rare. In major media outlets, the acts were misled as "Dönermorde", or-according to the title of the murder commission under investigation-the "Bosporus" series of murders, which have been criticised as understatements, platitudes and racism since 2011. The gun, a 7.65 mm Browning caliber Cesk á cz 83 pistol, was seized in the rubble of the last NSU apartment in Zwickau in November 2011.
3. St. Klara
St. Klara is a Roman Catholic church in the old town of Nuremberg. The building is in the Altstadt district, St. Lorenz on Königstrasse between Lorenzkirche and Frauentor. The building, which started in 1270, is one of the oldest preserved sacred buildings in the city and initially served as the church of the Klarissenkloster. In the course of the Reformation, the monastery was dissolved and the church was used as an Evangelical sermon church from 1574. After Nuremberg fell to Bavaria in 1806, the building was profaned. It has been a Catholic church again since 1854. During the Second World War, the church was badly damaged in a bomb attack, in the post -war period it was rebuilt in its previous form. In 1979 the church rectorate passed the Jesuits. St. Klara has been an open church with a wide -ranging spiritual and cultural offer since 1996.
The St. Johnfriedhof is a church cemetery in Nuremberg with historical and artistically valuable bronze epitaphs as well as (standardized) tombstones and grave of the Nuremberg population from more than five centuries. The burial location is still in operation and is a listed building, the city of Nuremberg and the Evangelical Lutheran cemetery administration are responsible for the funerals. Because of the many rose bushes, it is also called the rose cemetery. Due to the historical sights, the Johanniskfriedhof is a destination as part of a cemetery tourism and a station within the historical mile of Nuremberg.
5. Erfahrungsfeld zur Entfaltung der Sinne
The Erfahrungsfeld zur Entfaltung der Sinne is an interactive exhibition that stimulates all the senses, designed by Hugo Kükelhaus. The different exhibits are intended to inspire the visitor to experiment with them, to explore them, like in a park of the senses or a science center. Kükelhaus constructed 32 pieces of playground equipment for schools in the city of Dortmund and demonstrated some of these equipment at the Expo 67 world exhibition in Montreal. His holistic concept for a large open-air exhibition was shown in the exhibition Phenomena, shown in Rotterdam, South Africa, and Bietigheim, among others.
6. Museum Industriekultur
Nuremberg Museum of Industrial Culture is a museum of technology, culture and social history, taking Nuremberg as an example to record the history of industrialization. Built in 1988, it is located in a hall of the former Julius Tafel Iron Works and covers an area of about 6,000 square meters. The museum also includes a school museum and a motorcycle museum dedicated to the history of Zündapp. The adjacent Tafelhalle Cultural Center is also located within the buildings of the former Tafelwerk. The museum is part of the industrial street in northern Bavaria.
The Hallerwiese is a 1.7 hectare park in the St. Johannis district of Nuremberg (Nuremberg). The Hallerwiese is located west of the Hallertor and thus outside the old town. It extends along the right bank of the Pegnitz between the Hallertor Bridge and the Großweidenmühlsteg. On the left side of the left bank of the river is located. A foot and bike path leads east through the Hallertürlein to the old town of Sebalder. Hallerwiese is also the name of district 070 in district 07 St. Johannis, but the area of which is not identical to the park.
The hay columns, including hay columns, are round supports made of sandstone, which were originally intended for the reconstruction of the 1009 burned -down Willigisdomes in Mainz. They were probably completed in the 11th century from predictive business in a quarry by the Bullauer mountains near Miltenberg before the order was placed. However, the client probably chose other supports, so that the round supports were never needed. There is said to have been 42 of the pillars, in the 18th century 14, eight were still known around 1960.
9. Sankt Martin
St. Martin is a Roman Catholic parish church in the Gärten hinter der Veste district of Nuremberg, Germany. Built in 1934 as a neo-Roman style emergency church, it was destroyed in World War II and rebuilt in 1948. It is part of the Diocese of St. Martin in the Archdiocese of Bamberg. Martinskirche is registered as an architectural monument with the Bavarian Office of Historic Preservation, numbered D-5-64-000-1679. Its organ was built in 1991, making the church an important place for various musical activities.
The account garden is an approximately 1.7 hectare green area with children's playground in the Kleinweidenmühle district of Nuremberg. The simple park is located in front of the Hallertor in the west of the old town, on the left bank of the Pegnitz between the Großweidenmühlsteg and the Hallertor Bridge. The Hallerwiese extends opposite the other river bank. The name of the district 054 in district 05 Himpfelshof is also a account garden, but the area of which is not identical to the green area.
11. Dokumentationszentrum Reichsparteitagsgelände
The Documentation Center Nazi Party Rallying Grounds is a museum in Nuremberg. It is in the north wing of the unfinished remains of the Congress Hall of the former Nazi party rallies. Its permanent exhibition "Fascination and Terror" is concerned with the causes, connections, and consequences of Nazi Germany. Topics that have a direct reference to Nuremberg are especially taken into account. Attached to the museum is an education forum.
Archivpark, also known as Colleggarten or Kolleggarten, is an approximately. A 2.2-hectare regional park in the Gärten district of Nuremberg behind West. It originated in a plot of land owned by Georg Zacharias Platner, a merchant north of the city of Nuremberg, and was used as a garden. According to today's street name, the garden extends from Archivstraße to Pirckheimerstraße and from Bucher straße to Pilotystraße.
13. St. Sebald
St. Sebaldus Church is a medieval church in Nuremberg, Germany. Along with Frauenkirche and St. Lorenz, it is one of the most important churches of the city, and also one of the oldest. It is located at the Albrecht-Dürer-Platz, in front of the old city hall. It takes its name from Sebaldus, an 8th-century hermit and missionary and patron saint of Nuremberg. It has been a Lutheran parish church since the Reformation.
Neptunbrunnen in Nuremberg, the largest Baroque fountain north of the Alps, is considered a monument to Nuremberg's peace after the Thirty Years War. The original fountain was built for the main market in 1660-1668 by Christopher Ritter and Georg Schweiger under the patronage of Roman-German Emperor Ferdinand III. For financial reasons, the Imperial City did not build the well, but sold it to St. Petersburg in 1796.
The Fleisch Bridge or Pegnitz Bridge (Pegnitzbrücke) is a late Renaissance bridge in Nuremberg, Germany. The bridge crosses the river Pegnitz in the center of the old town, linking the districts St. Sebald and St. Lorenz along the axis of the main market. The single-arch bridge was built between 1596 and 1598 and replaced an earlier mixed construction of stone and wood which had been repeatedly destroyed by flood.
The Burgschmietbrunnen in Nuremberg stands on a small square at the confluence of the Burgschmietstraße into the Neutorgraben. The fountain was built to remember the sculptor and art castle Jacob Daniel Burgschmiet. The bronze figure with the representation of Burgschmiet was designed by the sculptor Fritz Zadow and cast by Ernst Lenz in 1897. The financing is carried out by the residents of Burgschmietstrasse.
17. Heinrich II
Henry II, also known as Saint Henry the Exuberant, Obl. S. B., was Holy Roman Emperor from 1014. He died without an heir in 1024, and was the last ruler of the Ottonian line. As Duke of Bavaria, appointed in 995, Henry became King of the Romans following the sudden death of his second cousin, Emperor Otto III in 1002, was made King of Italy in 1004, and crowned emperor by Pope Benedict VIII in 1014.
The Peter Henlein Fountain at Hefnersplatz in Nuremberg was built in honor of the alleged inventor of the pocket watch Peter Henlein. The fountain, donated by the city of Nuremberg and the Uhrmacherbund, was unveiled at the opening of a watch exhibition in 1905. The bronze statue was based on a model of the Berlin sculptor Max Meißner executed by the Nuremberg art foundry Ernst Lenz.
Nuremberg Peace Church is located in St. Johannes District of Palmplatz 11, Nuremberg. Planning for the building began in 1916. After that, the Evangelical Lutheran Peace Church will become a memorial and monument to the whole city. It was built in 1925-1928 and designed by German architect Bestelmeyer. During World War II, it was burned after a bombing in 1944.
20. Nassauer Haus
Nassauer Haus or Schlüsselfeldersche Stiftungshaus in Nuremberg is a medieval residential tower made of so-called red castle sandstone. Although the house was originally built in Romanesque style, it has been renovated several times, and to this day it features elements of Gothic style. This is the last remaining residential tower in Nuremberg.
Platnersberg is a green space in the Erlenstegen district of Nuremberg, Germany. On January 1, 1899, Platnersberg was incorporated into the city of Nuremberg as part of the former Erlenstegen Landgemeinde (Landgemeinde Erlenstegen). Platnersberg is also the name of Erlenstegen 91 District 911, but its area is not exactly the same as Grünzug.
The coat of arms of Nuremberg, which was used as a seal as early as 1240, is divided into big coat of arms and small coat of arms. The official description of the coat of arms (blasonierung) is: "Split; the front is a golden semi-black hawk, red tongue and gold reinforcement, and the back is a five-fold diagonal of red and silver."
In 1971, the craftsman's farm Nuremberg was created as a tourist attraction in the so -called "Waffenhof" of the women's gate of the last city fortune in Nuremberg. It is located at the old town entrance "Königstor" and thus on the footpath from the Nuremberg Central Station to the traditional tourist destinations in Nuremberg.
Albrecht Dürer's House is a Nuremberg Fachwerkhaus that was the home of German Renaissance artist Albrecht Dürer from 1509 to his death in 1528. The House lies in the extreme north-west of Nuremberg's Altstadt, near the Kaiserburg section of the Nuremberg Castle and the Tiergärtnertor of Nuremberg's city walls.
Fembhaus City Museum is the city museum of Nuremberg history. The 950-year history of the city is vividly depicted. In a new museum atmosphere, it presents a comprehensive view of urban history, an ambitious exhibit on the current theme of urban history. The museum is part of the Nuremberg Museum Network.
26. DB Museum
The Nuremberg Transport Museum is based in Nuremberg, Germany, and consists of the Deutsche Bahn's own DB Museum and the Museum of Communications. It also has two satellite museums at Koblenz-Lützel and Halle. The Nuremberg Transport Museum is one of the oldest technical history museums in Europe.
27. St. Lorenz
St. Lorenz is a medieval church of the former free imperial city of Nuremberg in southern Germany. It is dedicated to Saint Lawrence. The church was badly damaged during the Second World War and later restored. It is one of the most prominent churches of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Bavaria.
The All Saints' Chapel in Nuremberg is a late Gothic sacral building. Between 1501 and 1510 it was created as a house chapel of the Landauer Zwelfbrüderhaus according to plans by the Nuremberg architect Hans Beheim d. Ä. It has been used by the old Catholic community in Nuremberg since 2006.
The Nuremberg Red Cross Museum is the largest of 15 museums dedicated to the history and activities of the Red Cross in the Federal Republic of Germany. In addition to various other exhibits, the museum also has a vehicle hall, which displays Red Cross vehicles from different times.
The Forced Laborer Memorial "Transit" is a Nuremberg monument. It is located at the Plärrer, a main traffic junction of the Nuremberg city centre, just outside the city wall. The aim is to keep the memory of the fate of the Nuremberg forced laborers during the Nazi era alive.
The Rechenberg is the name of district 902 in the Statistical District 9 - eastern outdoor town in the statistical district 90. It is also the name for an approximately 338 m high survey in the northeast of the city of Nuremberg and a surrounding park of the same name.
32. St. Egidien
33. Straße der Menschenrechte
The Way of Human Rights is a monumental outdoor sculpture in Nuremberg, Germany. It was opened on 24 October 1993. It is sited on the street between the new and old buildings of the Germanisches Nationalmuseum, connecting Kornmarkt street and the medieval city wall.
34. Volkspark Marienberg
The Volkspark Marienberg is an English-style landscape garden in the north of Nuremberg and the second largest public park in the city. Volkspark Marienberg is also the name of district 831 in district 83 Marienberg, whose area is not identical to the green belt.
Museum Bridge is a sandstone arch bridge across the Penitz River in Nuremberg. The highway bridge is located at the starting point of Königstraße, connecting St. Nuremberg. Sebald and St. Lorenz District. It is located between Hauptmarkt and Lorenzer Square.
36. Schöner Brunnen
37. Kunsthalle Nürnberg
The Nuremberg Toy Museum in Nuremberg, Bavaria, is a municipal museum, which was founded in 1971. It is considered to be one of the most well known toy museums in the world, depicting the cultural history of toys from antiquity to the present.
40. St. Martha
St. Martha is a medieval church of the former free imperial city of Nuremberg in southern Germany. It is dedicated to Saint Martha. Since 1800 it is a Reformed church, the community of which forms part of the Evangelical Reformed Church.
41. St. Jakob
The marriage consumption, actually Hans Sachsbrunnen, is a large architecture fountain in Nuremberg. It is located immediately in front of the white tower in the pedestrian zone in the Nuremberg city center.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.